PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill: Homecoming
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #31
Carlito7094

Cyberpunk DJ's Gamercard
I personnaly could'nt get into this, I played silent hill 1,2,3,and origins...and loved them all, but I got a third of the way and sacked it! It's juat that the fighting system has no justice and you have to rely on the dodgeing system, interesting story, but the gameplay is not there
Carlito7094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #32
Forensic N7

Forensic N7's Gamercard
I was very disappointed, I found the combat cumbersome and difficult to get used to. Still, it's worth a playthrough if you're a fan. Nothing will ever be as bad as Alone in the Dark... So give it a go.
Forensic N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #33
Alexdelicious

II DiscoBurn II's Gamercard
I thought it was great - the second SH was my favourite but I thought that Homecoming managed to capture back a little bit of the twisted protagonist element that SH2 had. Alex is pretty unbalanced.

I played the game through and got 1000GS, and then played it through a couple more times to get my boyfriend the full 1000GS (he found the controls annoying and just didn't want to keep repeating the same bits). I would play it again if there was any point, but replayability is a bit limited. That said, I did already play it around 7 times. =/ Lol. I found it really enjoyable.

People complain about the controls, but if you've played other SH games, it won't be a surprise (in fact I think Alex is easier to control than James or Heather).
Old 08-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #34
zed1676

El Achievenador's Gamercard
very dissapointing considering how all the other silent hills were really good.
zed1676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #35
lubu2004

LUBU2004's Gamercard
i thought this was a really good silent hill not as good as the previous silent hill's, i would rate this game 9/10 cant wait for the next silent hill
lubu2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #36
Wo0

Christ On Dope's Gamercard
Awsome game just one major problem no inversion on controls but i got used to it and finished the game after playing for about 2 days non stop so yay but i went back to playing fps..... i was trash i mean if you play fps inverted try switching to standard and see how you do i must have looked like a complete newb... this game killed me but i would say it was worth it
Wo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #37
xDark Secretx

xDark Secretx's Gamercard
I love this game, re playing it through again
xDark Secretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #38
OOOOOPS MY BAD

Fate Stay N1ght's Gamercard
Silent Hill: Homecoming is gonna be my next game to play for achievements. I bought one on ebay for $15 and I'm still waiting for it. This game is going to my collection list because I love survival horror games.
OOOOOPS MY BAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #39
richi27

richi27's Gamercard
I have never played any of the other silent hills, but this one is fantastic with a great story. The easy achievements are a bonus
richi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #40
Cornholio

Afromuumi's Gamercard
Im fan of survival horror games and loved this game 1000/ 1000g
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #41
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
it was good on the first playthrough and such..couldnt get into it as much as the other games. It really wasnt a "silent hill" game anyway...made by different people then the original 4. It was good...but not great. I didnt like how they pushed some elements of the movie into the game...as the movie was good but not the best "movie based on game". Pyramid Head should not even have been there...and i did not like any of the endings. Not picking on the game just pointing out things i didnt like. The game was way to linear...just go this way..keep going..cutscene...keep going..blah blah. The other games had exploration and backtracking with very challenging puzzles. This game had close to no puzzles (challenging at that) and most where just trial and error...just seemed very..idk..just felt like it was lacking the traditional silent hill "feel"... beginning was good but after the sepulcher fight it just started going downhill for me :/ PS: The Scarlet boss fight was probably the best part of the game.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 AM   #42
Pony

SOA Pony Boy's Gamercard
This game along with Deadly Premonition are by far my two favorite survival games. Gameplay was excellent and the achievements actually related to the game instead of random non necessary ones that the developers threw in because they couldnt think of anything else. Great great game.
Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #43
iLoveCuetes

Asesino x3's Gamercard
Too scary, cant play it for more then 1hour.

I GOT A NEW XBOX, THATS WHY I GOT TWO PROFILES!
iLoveCuetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #44
Kaktus Fuz

Kaktus Fuz's Gamercard
Loved it played through it several times to get all achievements too.
Kaktus Fuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #45
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
what do i think??? glad i only paid like $12 shipped for it - that's what i think.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #46
undeadjubbie

undeadjubbie666's Gamercard
Massive fan of survival horror.... This would have to be one of the best available: 8/10 for great game...replay value....horror and a story (kinda)

Re 5 makers wished they could of done this well (big fan a RE series but not 4 & 5 as they suck: No Zombies)
undeadjubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #47
onetricked3kgt

onetricked3kgt's Gamercard
i realy liked it
onetricked3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:39 AM   #48
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
Great game, I don't know how everyone complains of "problems" I never really got stuck, it's all about getting the dodging down.
Completed Retail: NBA 2K6, Call of Duty 2, Resident Evil 5 (1000), History Channel: Civil War, MW2, SH: Homecoming, Tetris Evolution, Bioshock (1100), Bioshock 2 (1000), Fallout 3 (1550), Halo Reach (1000), Fallout: NV (1000). Completed Arcade: Gunstar Heroes, Galaga, Pac-man CE, DR2:CZ, Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Doom, Small Arms. 40,000 GS on 9/03/11
ZebraMuffinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #49
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadjubbie View Post
Massive fan of survival horror.... This would have to be one of the best available: 8/10 for great game...replay value....horror and a story (kinda)

Re 5 makers wished they could of done this well (big fan a RE series but not 4 & 5 as they suck: No Zombies)
ok - let me get this straight - u like silent hill homecoming, but u think RE 4 & 5 suck??? SMH
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #50
oO ReFuGee Oo

oO ReFuGee Oo's Gamercard
It's not Silent Hill 2, but I still loved it. I'm psyched for the 8th ^_^
oO ReFuGee Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #51
EmeraldX

EmeraldX's Gamercard
I love the story line. It was amazing. The game had me jumping alot. Def worth a couple replays.
EmeraldX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #52
lealea25

lealea25's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
i am a great fan of the silent hill games, but homecoming i found quite boring and not as scary, its like they just had no more ideas anymore. I played it halfway then got bored. I dunno maybe i shall rent it again and try and play all the way. But this one just seems like a failure for silent hill, sorry to the fans of this game, but this is my thought on it
lealea25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #53
BsE Bloodbath

BsE Bloodbath's Gamercard
Personally i've always been a massive fan of the silent hill games.....up til i hit 'The room'.....which disgusted me with shocking gameplay.....but i really liked this one, played it through over and over just for the achievements Wish they would bring some DLC for this
BsE Bloodbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #54
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x ChRiiS View Post
Im a fan on survival horror and I wanted to know what yall thought of Silent Hill Homecoming. I can't find it anywhere to rent so I would have to buy it. Is it worth it?
No, it's not. If you are a fan of the old Silent Hill games it's just a slap to the face to them. It's more of a video game adaption of the film. The story is bland and uninteresting, with a Silent Hill 2 "twist" at the end. Don't get me wrong, I love Silent Hill 2. It's my favorite game. But in order to do the twist, you have to do it in a certain way.

Spoilers!!!
In Silent Hill 2, James slowly started to realize what had happened to Mary until the video tape which gave away everything. In Silent Hill: Homecoming however, you are given no idea beforehand and at the end it was just more of a random, "Josh is dead, you killed him."

End Spoilers
There was absolutely no reason for Red Pyramid being in that game, or I guess I should call him by his laughable name in Silent Hill: Homecoming Bogeyman. Bogeyman was just there because of how many people thought he was awesome in the movie, as is noticeable through the fact that he looks exactly as he did in the movie.

The characters were just as boring as the storyline and wore uniforms that were the exact uniforms as in the movie. The only way they even got away with it and most Silent Hill fans are okay with it, they called their religious group The Order which is from Silent Hill 3. Almost every single thing in Silent Hill: Homecoming was from the movie in some way. I went through it again just recently to see how bad they were about it and it was hard to find a time when it wasn't taking something from the movie.

Half of the times I wanted to turn off the music for how bad it was. I used to love Akira Yamaoka's music until it got to Silent Hill 3 when Mary Elizabeth McGlynn joined and I am guessing he felt like he needed songs that sounded like they should have been on the radio and not in a horror game.

The controls were bad, even for a Survival Horror game. And the lack of an inverted control scheme makes it even worse.

The fighting was absolutely terrible. I mean, once you got used to the dodging it became laughably easy even on Hard.

The inventory screens were horrific. The old Silent Hill inventory screen was extremely easy to use, why they turned it into a chore to navigate I will never know. And the idea of a limited amount of ammunition might have made sense if you weren't carrying so much. At one time once you get all of the weapons, excluding special weapons, you will be carrying a Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle, Crowbar, Axe and Knife. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting one or two but you get the point. Yet you can only carry two clips for each weapon? That makes no sense.

However, all of the bad I could have gotten past if I hadn't thought of it as a Silent Hill game. But the biggest deal-breaker for me was the lack of scares. It relied too heavily on trying to do jump scares which was never what Silent Hill has been about.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #55
KingRep

Repking's Gamercard
simple enough game didn't like it at first but kept playing and ended up having alot fun with it only paid $20 for it so good game
Flatout UC 800/1000
Completed Retail:28
KingRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #56
rawes

joshuarawes's Gamercard
I Thought this game was Good, builds up A Steady Storyline, Classic enemies Which Are Always Fun To Kill, Not a game like resident evil Where You Take On 100 Enemies At Once Easily, i Love The Puzzle Element Of The game And Did Enjoy Completeing This game A Few Times, the Only thing I Found Annoying Is The Achievements For All The Endings Lil Long To Do, Obviously Its Easy When you Save It And Reload It But Still A Great game Very Eerie Atmosphere Thoughly Enjoyed.
rawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:03 AM   #57
nanochef

Send a message via AIM to nanochef Send a message via MSN to nanochef Send a message via Skype™ to nanochef

K R0B 55's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I think i should be able to use my inverted controls F%#KKKKK!
nanochef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #58
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It's a fun game but it's very good, can't complain though because i got it for free.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #59
BizarreBaroness

BizarreBaroness's Gamercard
This was a definite hit for me. I'm a pretty visual person and I really was drooling over the creature design (mostly the bosses of course but I'll give some love to the reg. monsters).

The story wasn't half bad either and I love the fact that there were a bunch of alternate endings. I'm currently playing through on hard to finish up the 1000 score and am looking forward to the alternate endings (I know I can look them up on youtube but that takes the fun out of it!)
BizarreBaroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #60
NRGY Ranta

NRGY Ranta's Gamercard
I've not played the previous games but i find this one to be rather good. I tried to play the game on hard from the start......don't do that if you ain't really good at it x) I'm stuck at the Grand hotel with no health at all so I think that I'll just replay it on normal then hit hard :P Otherwise I actually find it rather scary x)
NRGY Ranta is offline   Reply With Quote