PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Virtua Tennis 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
dragon strife 1

Sn1p3r x LT x's Gamercard
Thumbs down Arrrrrr! achievement

Sink 3 galleons in a single game of Pirate Wars
How can you do this? wen you get around 5000 points the galleons start to arrive, they shoot 3 balls which always have atleast one cannon ball. but the othere ships shoot aswell, wenever i get this far i go to hit a tennis ball and as im hitting cannon balls get fired and i cant move away from them. if anyoine eles has done this please ket mer know how. thanks
dragon strife 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Boostme

MOV KIDROBOT's Gamercard
ask I PERVYPRIEST I he has the acheivement but he doesnt feel like giving out any tips or tricks..but needs help with 100 player match wins..lolz

1st in the USA to 1000/1000 KoF XII without using any gamesaves/cheats!!!!
Boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
HeatGuyStu

HeatGuyStu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon strife 1 View Post
Sink 3 galleons in a single game of Pirate Wars
How can you do this? wen you get around 5000 points the galleons start to arrive, they shoot 3 balls which always have atleast one cannon ball. but the othere ships shoot aswell, wenever i get this far i go to hit a tennis ball and as im hitting cannon balls get fired and i cant move away from them. if anyoine eles has done this please ket mer know how. thanks
Yeah this one took me a while. To be honest when the galleons come can be completely random. Sometimes don't appear until over 7,000 points but I've had them appear at 3,500 points. My tips are to hang back as much as u can, when the galleons appear just target them and wait for them to fire their 3 balls. Do not go for the single balls as odds on if u do u will get spammed by 3 galleon cannon balls. If possible with them try and get in close and volley the 3rd ball as volleys are much quicker than ground strokes. If u have to hit a ground stroke hit a slice, more accurate and quicker shot time. When i got the achievement I actually took 5 galleons out and got 11,000 points or so (always the way!). You just need to get lucky with how early them come really and don't get impatient with the earlier ships and lose a life.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Jimbo76

Jimbo76's Gamercard
This achievement is tricky. this one and the perfect frame achievement.thanks for the tips though.

Jimbo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Regor Ttenneb

Regor Ttenneb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatGuyStu View Post
Yeah this one took me a while. To be honest when the galleons come can be completely random. Sometimes don't appear until over 7,000 points but I've had them appear at 3,500 points. My tips are to hang back as much as u can, when the galleons appear just target them and wait for them to fire their 3 balls. Do not go for the single balls as odds on if u do u will get spammed by 3 galleon cannon balls. If possible with them try and get in close and volley the 3rd ball as volleys are much quicker than ground strokes. If u have to hit a ground stroke hit a slice, more accurate and quicker shot time. When i got the achievement I actually took 5 galleons out and got 11,000 points or so (always the way!). You just need to get lucky with how early them come really and don't get impatient with the earlier ships and lose a life.
This is a great advice and helped me get the achievement.
If you can get to when the galleons show up (the 4-hit ships) with 4 or 5 of your lives still left then what I did was just run from side to side until they shoot the 3 at once and only stop then to hit one of the balls. Then start running again and repeat.

Regor Ttenneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #6
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
I just got it now, after a few attempts, took me around 10 to come up with this. i don't want to sound condescending but it is quite easy after you figure how to do it.

You better be Nadal. Play normally till 4000 to 5000 points. When you reach this mark comes the tricky part, but i hope i can help you here.

The catch here it that almost every time you hit a normal on foot balanced shot you'll be hit by a cannonball. Always, always hit the ball from far away. This way the ships will shot where you would be if you hit a balanced normal shot, but since you are kind of diving to reach the ball, you will be safe.

And don't try to aim it, leave it for chance which ship you will hit. Eventually you will sink them all, since they are the biggest.

With this technique i just got hit when i was greedy and tried a shot that i should've know that wouldn't be unbalanced and easily sunk 6 or so galleons.

If i wasn't clear enough let me know. Hope you all get it.

Edit.: I forgot to mention the most important thing, keep running all the time, never stop for nothing.

And incidentally i just noticed this technique game me number 2 on leaderboards, number 1 this week :P That was unexpected. But since the secret is revealed i doubt it will last ^^

Last edited by LanEvo; 10-27-2009 at 02:44 AM.
LanEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
I PERVYPRIEST I

rofl harris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostme View Post
ask I PERVYPRIEST I he has the acheivement but he doesnt feel like giving out any tips or tricks..but needs help with 100 player match wins..lolz
I have no idea who the hell you are and why you would say that just
look at the date you turd of this post

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...02#post2125502

And I know I'm two years late but I only happened to browse here because I'm playing the game again and missed
I PERVYPRIEST I is offline   Reply With Quote