PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
Sir_Lumbo

Sir Lumbo's Gamercard
D-Day, Quick Hands & Fireworks: Achievement Guide

D-Day - 15
On chapter I, destroy all rafts before they land.

Quick Hands - 10
Kill 7 people during one concentration mode.

Fireworks - 10
Shoot 2 enemy dynamite sticks in mid air.
__________________________________________________ __________

Thought I would make this seeing as some people are having trouble with getting these three. They are probably the most difficult in the game seeing as they are more skill based than the others.

The spot where you have to get D-Day and where you can get Quick Hands and Fireworks happens in is Chapter I, where you play as Ray. Set the difficulty all the way to easy.

Play through the mission until you have to use a gatling gun after meeting your brother. Then Corporal Scott will go with you. A little further on you will come to a section with alot of wicker baskets. You will then have to climb a ladder down. On your left will be some sticks with spikes sticking out of them and a small fire. Turn back and look at the base of the ladder you just climbed down, if there is a man on the left of the ladder, dead, you are in the right spot.

FIREWORKS

This is first up. Kill the soldiers, if there are any, at the top of the next ladder and climb it. Collect the ammo from the crate if you need it. Wait here. Now look up the next ladder. If you see anybody running about on the left hand side, kill them. You shouldn't be able to see any enemies. If you need to kill anyone, do it quickly!

Standing next to your ammo crate, look up and to the right. This is the most common place the dynamite will be thrown from. You will know if dynamite is being thrown as there will be an image of a small dynamite, with an arrow, pointing to it. It is similar to the star which points to your objective.

Don't worry if you don't get it first time. Should you die, you will start again exactly at your ammo crate.

I recommend using the rifle, it has a slightly wider radius on it's shot. Watch for the dynamite and just shoot. It doens't matter if you die when you shoot it and get caught in the explosion.

You only need to shoot them twice, so keep at it. You should get it in a few times. Definatley the easiest spot for it.

QUICK HANDS

After hopefully getting your Fireworks achievement, progress slightly onwards until you come to an open section with about five or six enemies.

Kill them all off and you should complete the objective:
"Fight your way to the right flank and recapture the cannon"

Ray will then say
"Damn, load the cannons! Quick!"

You are now in the right spot. Go to the cannon (star will direct you right to it). Go to the left, see the sacks of coal? Walk on them, hop down, right down to the lowest point. Now, remember where I told you about the ladder with the corpse at the base? Go to the top of this ladder, look out onto the water.

Have your rifle out and do not go too close to those wooden things with the spikes, they have cannons which will kill you. Just wait at the top of the ladder until the first raft lands.

(While here, do yourself a favour and start looking where the rafts come from. This will help with D-Day)

When the first raft lands enemies will run onto the shore from the left. Kill them and build up your concentration meter. You need six kills or three headshots. Just kill that entire raft as quick as you can but do not use your concentration yet. If you didn't fill it up on those soldiers, don't worry. Another wave will come from the far right, kill as many as you need to fill up your meter.

When you have full concentration, hide behind the log wall on the left for about 7-10 seconds. Press B. DO NOT SELECT ANY ENEMIES YET. I want you simply to look, sweep from left to right and check there are enough enemies. If there are not, hit B to cancel then go wait a few more seconds. If there are enough enemies, hit B anyway. Then hit it again to start again with a full meter.

You should easily get at least 10 at this spot. If not, hit Restart Checkpoint from the pause menu.

D-DAY

Yeah, saved the worst one for last. Don't expect to get this first time. For the first time on your cannon I recommend you do two things:
  1. Learn how to aim the cannon properly
  2. Learn the spawn points for the rafts
Aiming Tip
Look at your crosshair. Notice how there are four white lines coming from the centre reticule? Look at the bottom one. Place this about 2cm above the raft you are aiming for and fire. I used this bottom line as my reference point and it helped alot.

Spawn Locations
Practically straight ahead of you as you get on the cannon.

Look to the left slightly, see the tallest tree that actually has pines on it? Base of that.

Look between that tree and one of similar height more to the left. From the bush at the base of that.

And from the right, they come at intervals all the way along

Technique
So I am going to assume you now know how to fire the cannon, and where to look for the rafts. You need to be fairly competent at aiming and hitting the rafts when they spawn.

Hop on.
Shoot the one directly ahead of you.

Shoot the one at the base of the tallest tree. You're aiming just a little bit to the left of your starting position.

Left more to the one coming from the bush.

Swing to the right. There should be one leaving from the right of the original position.

Swing right to see three more rafts. DO NOT SHOOT ALL THREE. Shoot the one furthest to the right then swing quickly and try your best to get the one on the left of this cluster. If you aim for all three, you will fail. Don't waste time here.

Swing back to the left, one from the bush will have snuck out.

Back to the middle.

Swing right, start from the shore and work your way back. I shot the nearest three then swung a bit more left. Aim at the original position. Then to the left again.

Nearly done. Now just clean up. They might be quite close by now so just keep aiming the cannon towards the shore and you should get it.

General Tips
You will know you have failed if there are any soldiers on the beach.

Do not expect this first try so give it a few attempts and just Load Last Checkpoint if you see anyone on the beach.

I think there are 16 rafts.

Do not get stuck defending one side. If you do, they will sneak on the opposite side. If you get in a panic, just get the ones that are an immediate threat then work your way across.

If you think one has landed but you don't see any soldier, you can still shoot. There is a small window of oppoortunity for you to get them before they climb up.

You will know if you have hit the raft as there will be.. a unique sort of small mushroom cloud and screams. If you don't see it, adjust your cannon and fire again asap.

Best of luck.

Gamerscore:
117,790 / 122,050

Achievement Completion:
97.2%

Looking to Boost On:
GTA 4

Most Proud Of Completions:
Ninja Gaiden 2, Earthworm Jim, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter II HF, Metal Gear Revengeance & HD Collection, Infinite Undiscovery

"All must bow and grovel at my feet, for I represent power you cannot dream of"
If only the great and bountiful General M. Bison had quotes as munificent as himself.

Last edited by Sir_Lumbo; 07-16-2009 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Misspelt title
Sir_Lumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
I found another very easy place for "Quick Hands". In Chapter XIII [the "Ghost Town"]. Charge up your concentration in the first house you search for O'Donnel, and then wait outisde the lefr/rear door to the second house. As soon as it opens run in and enter concentration mode. Make sure that once you've targeted everyone you exit cocnetration mode as soon as possible and aiming at the guy running out of the OTHER door. Used this method on very hard.

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Ecliptor_knight

Danshadow9's Gamercard
Why at the end do soldiers always spawn from behind the rock near the center of the screen? I'm sure I've gotten all the rafts. It's really pissing me off though.. I got so far and BAM! They appear out of an invisible raft. Any help is appreciated.
Ecliptor_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecliptor_knight View Post
Why at the end do soldiers always spawn from behind the rock near the center of the screen? I'm sure I've gotten all the rafts. It's really pissing me off though.. I got so far and BAM! They appear out of an invisible raft. Any help is appreciated.
Either the developers decided to do this to make it more of a challenge though a studio decision if they did, best thing to do is just keep and eye on that area and shoot at it as you know thats where they come from.

I had loads of issues with D-Day to start off but once you know where the rafts come from it gets much easier, i sat watching where they all came from then decided to give it a go and did it first time. It's not as hard as some people are making out though it's very frustrating and can be very annoying.

I personally didn't find these achievements to difficulty apart from D-Day being a little annoying, like my videos there just the easiest places I found to get them without any hassle, nice detailed text though i'm sure it will help some other people.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Leibrockoli

Send a message via MSN to Leibrockoli

Leibrockoli's Gamercard
Gonna have to try this for Fireworks.

Also, does anyone know off-hand if Fireworks is achievable through multiplayer? I can imagine it being slightly easier if you got some miner friends to throw dynamite at you in a regular match.
Leibrockoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
CozierZebra

CozierZebra's Gamercard
D-Day is just silly. I'm having that same problem with the random guys spawning at the bottom once the rest are all dead. I've counted and recounted.

They aren't part of the two rafts that come from the far left, none of the middle sections gets passed it spawn point, and the first one on the right always gets closest to the shore.

It bugs me, because after a few more tries, they're going to stop appearing, and I'll get the achievement, I hope. Some how I'll manage to get that one supposed raft that is making it through and finally be done with this crap.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
patches4711

patches4711's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   Donator - Level 3   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I am fully convinced that they spawn behind this rock. I have done it close to 10 times and its always that batch. What I finally did while I am getting the guys to the far left I would always shoot a cannon over the rock and I finally got those guys. I have never seen a raft. I think they added it in there to make it more challenging.

patches4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #8
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Thats a lot of info for 3 achievements nice work buddy
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
pfff - random guys spawning behind middle rock here aswell :S

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:59 AM   #10
Foxhound300

Foxhound300's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Easiest place to get "Fireworks" is Ray's part of the second to last chapter just before you fight Juarez. They will chuck like three to five sticks of dynamite at you from the cave he's hiding in. Just stand there and shoot them. Really easy to see.

As for D-Day, there are like 3 "hidden" boats that show up on the right hand side. The easiest way I found to do it was to just keep pelting the opposite shore while panning left and right. You'll get quite a few like that.

It strains the mind a bit don'it? You think you're all alone... maybe I come down the chimney, bring presents to the good girls and boys. Maybe not, though. Maybe I've always been here.

thanks madcap1
Foxhound300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:24 AM   #11
willp2003

finally got the d-day cheevo yesterday.
i think the key is to make sure you've blown them all up before the magical appearing men run on the bank. I'm sure they appear after a certain amount of time.

i managed to just blast along the shore line, and pick up the odd one that got half way across the river, and it unlocked.
willp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #12
Sir_Lumbo

Sir Lumbo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by willp2003 View Post
I'm sure they appear after a certain amount of time.
I don't think that's the case. Whatever side the soldiers appear from on the beach corresponds with whatever side you let the raft slip through on
i.e. if they appear on the right, you let a raft from the right land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A 2rue boofer View Post
Thats a lot of info for 3 achievements nice work buddy
Thank you, I appreciate that.

EDIT

It just occured to me; people that are suffering from PRS (phantom-raft-syndrome), does it only happen in the one sitting, where you just continually reload the checkpoint?

Have any of you tried going back to the dashboard and rebooting the game, or even possibly clearing the cache?

This, for some reason or another, reminded me of a Blue Dragon achievement. You did exactly what it asked you to do but if you didn't do it on the first attempt, it wouldn't unlock. You would have to quit back to the main menu and reload and do it first attempt.

Anyway, if you're 100% certain you got all the rafts on several attempts, I'd recommend restarting your game and not reloading the checkpoint.

Gamerscore:
117,790 / 122,050

Achievement Completion:
97.2%

Looking to Boost On:
GTA 4

Ninja Gaiden 2, Earthworm Jim, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter II HF, Metal Gear Revengeance & HD Collection, Infinite Undiscovery

If only the great and bountiful General M. Bison had quotes as munificent as himself.

Last edited by Sir_Lumbo; 07-31-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
PomP

I finally got D-Day after about 30 tries. I dont think that there is a raft behind that rock, I think that if any raft makes it across then the guys just happen to run up from behind that rock.
I say this because I spent a couple of rounds just bombing behind the rock and the guys STILL appeared.

When I got the acheivement I didnt sink any rafts behind that rock, I just became very accurate with the cannon and learnt the patterns.

Very frustrating.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
Sir_Lumbo

Sir Lumbo's Gamercard
After getting quite a nasty message on Live from someone as my method did not work, I checked it again.

I had no problems getting this using the strat I posted and had no issues with an invisible raft.

At least it's nice to know people read the threads you bother to make.

Gamerscore:
117,790 / 122,050

Achievement Completion:
97.2%

Looking to Boost On:
GTA 4

Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #15
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Hmm, I've been trying for a while, and the guys are just appearing from nowhere, and it's right at the beginning too, before any rafts even get close to land...

So, I got pissed off, and now I'm going to go watch Futurma! *Walks away mumbling about how CoJ:BiB is a dirty cheat*

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #16
Esoteric Noob

Esoteric Noob's Gamercard
Excellent tips. Thanks alot.
Esoteric Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #17
QueenFragger000

GoingPostal000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I dont think the raft is invisible, I think that it "hides" behind the rock. Very easy for this to occur because you are so focused on the huge group on the right, the raft on the left sneaks in. By the time you can turn back, its behind the rock and you can't see it there and poof guys are running up the beach.

Once I figured out you can shoot the rafts while they are still in the treeline, that's whats I did. On the right side, shoot every raft you see along the tree line. Then hit a few rafts in the center and left. Go back, shoot more at the right tree line. This will buy you some time to turn to the left and WATCH the rafts on the left. Pick them off. Then turn back to the right and finish the rest of the rafts off.

That's what I wasn't doing. It LOOKS like the invisible raft, but I think the deal is...its sneaking in because of that rock. Once I made a conscious effort to really watch the left side...boom I got the achievement.

Road to Seriously 3.0: 30/65 Onyx medals

RIP QueenFragger000 account with 25,000 gamerscore points.

QueenFragger000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #18
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
^^^ Truth, exactly how I did it
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:51 AM   #19
metalangel

Suicide Perkies's Gamercard
Excellent guide, your tip about getting the first three, then only shooting the first one on the right, then killing one in the middle and then one on the left is key - as I finally just got it.

Be mindful of the left, but not to the extent that you miss some sneaking in on the right (which you won't see due to the cannon smoke)

metalangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #20
Unchaineddust

Jervistech's Gamercard
the guide on here is right for getting the d-day achievement. followed it and worked for me
Unchaineddust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #21
JonnyBgamer

JonnyBgamer's Gamercard
i was one of the ones having a great deal of trouble with this one and i think there is something to this "phantom rafts" for me it appeared to be two of them

first off if u notice if you get direct hit on a raft the explosion is different then if you were to hit close by in the water

when i had finally got my d day i too was shooting at the boulders that the men were coming from as well as the bush to the left of there

i aimed between the two rocks as close to what i thought would be the shore line and the same at the bush to the left of those rocks after dealing with all visible rafts

for both rounds fired there was that direct hit look to the explosion and bingo there came the achiv

i never once noticed a raft that was headed to these locations having tried this dozens of time

i think that taking some of the rafts shortly after they spawn then panning the cannon to the right the game would "forget" / glitch and rafts you thought were long since dealt with were still on there way

just a theory mind you
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #22
aceylone777

z Q u 4 K 3 z's Gamercard
Oh my dear god. Counted 16 rafts 20 times in a row...them comes that fucking trailer. This is just pissing me off beyond belief.

Completed Retail Games:

Completed Arcade Games:
aceylone777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #23
aceylone777

z Q u 4 K 3 z's Gamercard
And yeah this is a double post, but has anyone had issues with rafts you KNOW were there disappearing, and seeing no soldiers storm the beach? I'd move on and complete the objective but no achievement. I'm done with this game for awhile.

Completed Retail Games:

Completed Arcade Games:
aceylone777 is offline   Reply With Quote