PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Sports and Fitness > Tour de France 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
DonnyCong

Send a message via MSN to DonnyCong

Colpa's Gamercard
Couple of questions

I can't master the Time Trials. I think I don't know how to do the corners right can anyone help me?

Another question I got is if the achievements stack. Like if I can start on the difficult mode right away.

Which teams (people) should I get to get every achievement? I was thinking about Boonen for Green Jersey, Astana (Contador) for the white and yellow jersey and Astana also for the "climb" jersey.

Thanks for the help. ^^
Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
ADP VDP 101

ADP VDP 101's Gamercard
i'am having the same problems with the timetrail, loosing a lot of time on 90c corners.

Donny, can you confirm that Normal is junior difficulty ???

Looking to Boost :
PDC World Darts
ADP VDP 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
DonnyCong

Send a message via MSN to DonnyCong

Colpa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP VDP 101 View Post
i'am having the same problems with the timetrail, loosing a lot of time on 90c corners.

Donny, can you confirm that Normal is junior difficulty ???
yes it is. Junior is normal. I got the same problem as you with only the corners. I am always top 10 untill I come to the place with the corners.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #4
Requiem Kata

Requiem Kata's Gamercard
I cant even get in the top 10 before the corners, any tips?

I was also thinking Contador for Yellow Jersey and Cavendish for Green Jersey

45 Games with 100% completion

Sponsored by Total Cult
Requiem Kata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
ADP VDP 101

ADP VDP 101's Gamercard
You can easy get the White- and polka (mountain) jersey with Contador.
For the Green Jersey you could take Boonen, i do not think Cavendish is in the game.

Time trail remains a problem, but i came within 2,50 of the yellow jersey at the and of my first tour.

Looking to Boost :
PDC World Darts
Old 07-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
ig g0dz

ye time trail sucks hard lol like the 4e etappe is a team ettape not solo..

but i used astana and cadel evans won on the end i was 4e i had the white yersey and the mountain yersey whit livi leipheimer i go now again whit lotto whit cadel evans i am now 31 in time trail and contador is 60e i hope gona win but i shall use first astana and then u know how it works little more i hope the time trail is someone making a vid who get it then u can look i go whit 35 on a corner and i was one time 26 whit ehh leipheimer well gl
ig g0dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
Raythebest

I just got the time trial on Normal mode achievement. And I'm pretty close to the one on Difficult. It's definately possible. Use Fabian Cancellara on Stage 4. That's my best tip. There are only 2 sharp corners and for those you need to get a good angle and hit the grass to slow down at high speed instead of braking.
Raythebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:10 AM   #8
ADP VDP 101

ADP VDP 101's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raythebest View Post
I just got the time trial on Normal mode achievement. And I'm pretty close to the one on Difficult. It's definately possible. Use Fabian Cancellara on Stage 4. That's my best tip. There are only 2 sharp corners and for those you need to get a good angle and hit the grass to slow down at high speed instead of braking.
Good to hear somebody beat the timetrial.

You mean hitting the gras on the outside corner or inside??

Looking to Boost :
PDC World Darts
Old 07-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
ig g0dz

guys woot! im now first whit valverde on yellow yersey whit higest diffcult
i won 2 stage and hes 3e in green yersey and first in the mountain yersey to and this the hardest diff so take valverde he rock
Old 07-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
ig g0dz

ok guys i won the yellow yersey 2 times on : junior whit cadel evans, and on proffesional i won whit valverde i also won on proffesional whit valverde the green jersey and the mountain yersey i need 4 achievements green yersey on junior. white yersey on proffesional (they easy) so i need to learn the time trail any ideas ?

well thats how i did it. kool game
Old 07-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
DarkAngelz7

DarkAngelz7's Gamercard
I did time trials (normal and pro) today.

4st stage is the best (2-90 corners), pick Cancellara and try to keep 54 km/h all the race (try to stay in light orange, not red). When you're before a corner, slow down a bit and cut into the gras (if you do it well, you won't loose more km/h than after you slowed down). I had -6' seconds at the first checkpoint, +5' at the second checkpoint (you'll loose time because they do more than 54km/h i think) and -11' at the last one.

If you don't loose time with corner, you can win with no problem at all.
Good luck.
DarkAngelz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
Raythebest

It's different everytime. I've had some good times on Difficult being 10 seconds in front on the second checkpoint but they somehow get crazy times 20 seconds better than what people have pulled off on the leaderboards in the end. It's a matter of luck actually. If you have a good race, hope that they had a bad race.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
DarkAngelz7

DarkAngelz7's Gamercard
They often get some time at the second checkpoint After, yeah it's only luck but they often do really good job
DarkAngelz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
ig g0dz

i need only the 2 time trails left but i dont get you do you need to cross whit like 45 on a corner? and u slow down in the grass?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Raythebest

Do a smooth turn, let's say if there is a left turn. Stay on the right side of the road untill a little before the turn then you start turning, try to hit the grass so you slightly lose speed. And not alot. On stage 4 you should be about 25-20 seconds in front on the first one most of the time if you do it right.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #16
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
That suck! I finished the 4st one with +0 but got ranked 2nd =\
davhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #17
Alwindb

Alwindb's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
can anybody put some video of the time trial on normal?
Alwindb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #18
ig g0dz

but do you turn speed off to or not.. well i dont get it:P im 9e now whit cancelarre a movie on youtube or sumthing will be hulpfully thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #19
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Personally, best time I did like I said before was 0' but I only got ranked 2nd.

Then, best times I did except this one was 7', 3', 3'.

Once I'll have managed to deal with the turns, it should be okay (right now, I have to low the speed a lot by braking, and so I lose a few seconds).

What we need to know is :

Is it like 1, 2, 3, or 4 ? And at how much km we need to take the turns (to know how much time before we need to slow down without using the brakes).
Old 07-25-2009, 01:18 AM   #20
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
I got the junior time trial, so it's the drawing n2.

I would say that there isn't really any technique to get it, I often lose it with a good time, and two days ago, I did 33'51 and it has been enough to be ranked 1st.

Then, I retried it again, did 33'48 and I didn't been ranked 1st so it highly depend of the opponents time, except if you manage to take the turns perfectly, which I don't.

I even braked a lot at the second turn, and it was enough.

The best would be to release the A button a bit (slow down) at the end of the RMC signs at the right of the road for the first turn, then turn left a bit (not completely or you'll hit the left side of the road), waiting again that you slow down a bit, then to turn left again.

Once you'll do it right, you'll manage to cut the grass on the left (like the drawing n2) for the first turn.

For the second one, I would say to slowdown just before the big blue thing upper of the cycler, but I didn't manage to take it right so I slowed down a bit, turned left, then braked a lot, and then gave everything I got on the B buttton !

Since I have the game, I probably did 50-75 tries (maximum 100 I think) to get it.

About the Profesionnal one, I think there is not other choice but to take the turns perfectly (and it seems the cycler is less maneuverable in Professional mode).
Old 07-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #21
ADP VDP 101

ADP VDP 101's Gamercard
Did someone find a trick to make Cancellara the first cyclist in order, because i'am sick of going through the whole team before i can have another go with him ??

Looking to Boost :
PDC World Darts
Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
lord eaker

lord eaker's Gamercard
you can make him start second for sure but idk about first.
lord eaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:35 AM   #23
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
When you choose the team members, use "LEFT" on the D-PAD to remove any members you don't want to play with (just keep Cancerella and he'll be the only one to do the time trials), you'll see an icon dissapear to the left of the name.

You can do the same during the whole tour, even though I noticed it to later personally ^^;

Last edited by davhuit; 08-01-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Spelling fixs.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #24
Truly Iconik

Truly Iconik's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide's I've got 200 now for those still struggling keep trying and you will get it
Truly Iconik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #25
DA Donginator

D0NGINAT0R's Gamercard
I am playing normal mode using Astana & only Contador for every stage

Can I get the achievements with multiple riders?

Get Mountain, young rider, & yellow w/ Contador

Then start using another Astana team member that is close in points for the green jersey??
DA Donginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #26
[Ku-Ga] MasonCooper42

MasonCooper42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhuit View Post
Personally, best time I did like I said before was 0' but I only got ranked 2nd.

Then, best times I did except this one was 7', 3', 3'.

Once I'll have managed to deal with the turns, it should be okay (right now, I have to low the speed a lot by braking, and so I lose a few seconds).

What we need to know is :

Is it like 1, 2, 3, or 4 ? And at how much km we need to take the turns (to know how much time before we need to slow down without using the brakes).
you want the entry of 2 and the exit of 3.

Madden 06, 08, 09. Fifa 06 Road to world cup + world cup 06, Avatar The Burning Earth and Fight Night Round 3.

Completed Arcade Games,

1 Vs 100, Battlefield 1943, Harm's Way

http://gamer-issues.blogspot.com/
[Ku-Ga] MasonCooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote