PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Bionic Commando
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
WOW.. Just wow.. Terrible checkpoints.

Ok so I finished the game on easy and it was great.. I loved it.

Now the hardest mode is just that.. Really really really fucking hard.. and you may be thinking "well duh" but no.. Two grunts can kill you pretty easily.

Anyway, There were no complaints from me until here..
I'm on Ascension City Downtown - 6 on Commando.

I got the Yelena sniper.. Great..

I killed all the snipers. Awesome..

No problems right?

Well I get to the end of the level and I die..
Piss take but ok fine.. Theres a checkpoint just before the Yelena..
But it sticks you in the most retarded location ever.

Not only does it not actually checkpoint where you were.. It moves your 100 yards to the right (far away from the actually location the game checkpointed) AND respawns all of the snipers.. Even the ones that you killed BEFORE you got the checkpoint..

Now i'm trying to get on the next building and as soon as the game starts, I already have at 7 or 8 laser sights on me within half a second..

I can't get the Yelena.. You simply don't have enough ammo to take everyone out and I can't just run for it cause I get murdered.. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM ME??
Honestly.. Think Mile High Club was hard?? Try dying on this level and the finishing it.. Its fucking HELL.

Seriously.. Anyone else had this problem?? I would love some help cause i've been on this bit for at least an hour and they just brutalise my bones..

PLEASE!

See my 100% Completed games here!!

Last edited by Alfman1; 06-26-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Alfman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
Ouch, I can feel your pain, I just finished that level on Commando ... luckily I never died at that checkpoint, thankfully!
I seem to recall though dying at that point on normal (yes lol, can't rem how) and remembering spawning there with all the laser pointers on me and getting shot about 5 times ...

That sucks though where you are, especially as it damn autosaves over previous save!
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
I ignored the rifle and got up close and personal with the snipers I believe. At the part in the Garden I didn't even kill any of them I just ran through.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:06 AM   #4
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
Same with the garden.. but on that bit literally as soon as I started the checkpoint i'd almost die instantaniously.. it fucking sucked but I just leaped into the air and then zipped again and again and then got over to the building and hid behind a wall..

then I grabbed the sniper with the bionic arm (THIS IS A GOLDEN TIP IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM) this was you can grab the gun and be hidden and then pick them off, making this problem a much smaller problem.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
IRAQI SWAT

IRAQI SWAT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
well , you will be pissed off in the final levels
now i'm complete 84% on commando and i'll break the disk after i get the achievs
this game is really shit with stupid system ever
IRAQI SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
No the rest of the game was alot easier than this level.. I beat it a few days ago.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Camreeno

This is funny because I just got to this forum for this game right now and I just saw this topic title and went "Holy crap someone else agrees with me!" in my head. Yes, the checkpoints are placed shittily. I went through the game in one playthrough on commando.... and wow there are some parts where you have to do LOTS of tedious work OVER and OVER again if you die. This is what they'll will do... You'll start on a part and have to kill a bunch of enemies and grab a few collectibles, then you'll come across a mech and bam, you die instantly if he hits you out of the blue or you get chucked into radiation...Then what do you know you have to do that ALL FUCKING over again...

Unfortunately there are lots of shittily placed checkpoints like this. What's ridiculous is that half of your deaths on commando aren't because of your lack of skill but basically luck, so you have to repeat all your hard work several times because of the game's fault.

Oh and lets not even mention how RETARDED it is how you have to get all the collectibles and challenges in ONE PLAYTHROUGH....WOW......I beat the game last night coming up about 20 collectibles short just to find out that there is no way to get the last few to get the Collector achievement (unless I wanted to do the WHOLE damn game over again). There were a lot of 'what the fuck were the developers thinking?'-moments with the game.... I mean seriously.

Last edited by Camreeno; 07-05-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Camreeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
marty da stooge

Marty da stooge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfman1 View Post
Well I get to the end of the level and I die..
Piss take but ok fine.. Theres a checkpoint just before the Yelena..
But it sticks you in the most retarded location ever.

Not only does it not actually checkpoint where you were.. It moves your 100 yards to the right (far away from the actually location the game checkpointed) AND respawns all of the snipers.. Even the ones that you killed BEFORE you got the checkpoint..

Now i'm trying to get on the next building and as soon as the game starts, I already have at 7 or 8 laser sights on me within half a second..

I can't get the Yelena.. You simply don't have enough ammo to take everyone out and I can't just run for it cause I get murdered.. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM ME??
Honestly.. Think Mile High Club was hard?? Try dying on this level and the finishing it.. Its fucking HELL.
Story of my life!! i spent over an hour on this part. please tell me if gets easier from here :/

Marty's back in action!
marty da stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
Luebbi

Luebbi's Gamercard
Stuff like that is why I didn't bother with Commando mode for long. I tried the first couple levels and realized that it'd take ages and a lot of dumb luck just to get through the game, it really is ridiculously hard.
Luebbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Frustrating

For a game like this they should have put in a manual save-yourself save system like in Bioshock and Half Life 2. It would have been a plus to be able to save anywhere and save often!

I just started this game over the weekend and debating on even finishing it, it's fun but I hate having to retread the same ground 100 times until I make that one perfect jump to get to the next area, only to die 3 seconds before I hit the next checkpoint and have to go for repeat 101. I've had to put the controller down and walk away a few times in order to not break it.

I gave up on the collectibles because so many are just not fun to get, and get, and get again because of those stupid checkpoints. Finding the challenges more rewarding. Once I gave up on the collectibles I discovered the game is oddly, a lot more fun to play!

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
Johncars

john8249's Gamercard
Should've just started on hard like i did, yelling at the screen might help :P
Though i have not made it through the game yet, planning to do so soon
Johncars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #12
EDDS

EDDS's Gamercard
the game sure had some of the worst checkpoints ive seen.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
Fury360

Send a message via AIM to Fury360 Send a message via MSN to Fury360 Send a message via Yahoo to Fury360

Fury360's Gamercard
yea horrible check points and you die so damn easy on the hardest mode! but i agree with one of you guys talking about snapping this disk after getting achievements! im personally gonna light it on fire!
Fury360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #14
Joe Cares

Joe Cares's Gamercard
Im doing this on Commando as my first playthrough, not bothering with collectibles, but was wondering is the game a lot easier on 'Normal' then hard or commando? Cause it seems ridiculous on Commando, im also trying to get all the skill kills or whatever they are called done, reckon this is achievable on commando and is there anyones i should make sure i dont miss as they are easy to miss?

Thanks in advance.
Joe Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #15
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
Fucking horrible checkpoints indeed WTF, sometimes have to redo 10-15 minutes, what a load of crap
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
NO replay to get the missing challenges really sucks and made me never want to play it again.

Too bad cuz there were a lot of fun moments and battles.
Do they test these games before they come out or what?
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
Budweiser x360a

xBuddah Belly's Gamercard
lol i dont see how this game is hard on commando i been this game like 3 times on commando and i have always started on the hardest mode, if cheevo stack might as well get it out of the way instead of many play threws, lol and snipers are easy keep moving and rip/kick them or just throw them in to another snipe if possible lol, i am fixen to beat it again on commando
Budweiser x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #18
Ai Ni Di Yi

Ai Ni Di Yi's Gamercard
Commando difficulty was hard but was meh tbh sime parts were taking the biscuit but rest was reasonable :L
Finalky got 1000 points
Ai Ni Di Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #19
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This is why you follow the guide and start out on normal to do all the collectibles and challenges, so that you don't have to re-do all that work every time you die on Commando lol. Just finished my first playthrough, took about 8 hours for 825gs. Now to tackle commando for the other 175gs.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
This is why you follow the guide and start out on normal to do all the collectibles and challenges, so that you don't have to re-do all that work every time you die on Commando lol. Just finished my first playthrough, took about 8 hours for 825gs. Now to tackle commando for the other 175gs.
I did my playthrough on Normal...It glitched me to the next checkpoint before I could get the collectable before you enter the museum.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #21
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Never encountered any glitches like that personally, and from what I saw 99% of the time I was able to backtrack through almost the entire level if I wanted to. Commando really wasn't hard either if you learn to save your adrenaline for the mechs or if you got surrounded. Took me 6 or 7 hours to run through on commando, so I 1k'd it in two days. I'm not trying to say I'm a gaming god or anything. I just think comparing it to Mile High Club is a real stretch. That 20seconds came down to a lot of skill and a lot of luck much more so than anything in Bionic Commando. Learning to contiuously zip around swinging without stopping defeats snipers easy, adrenaline beats mechs easy, and grunts are called grunts for a reason lol.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #22
GruntLogic

GruntLogic's Gamercard
Yeah, I do get that the checkpoint system leaves a lot to be desired, but if you keep getting murdered when you're playing on Commando difficulty, maybe that difficulty just isn't for you?
GruntLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
It's not the dying the annoys me, its the 15 minutes I have to spend gathering collectibles and traversing the environment just to get BACK to the place where I died, just to be killed again.
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote