Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-18-2009, 05:39 AM   #1
PapaDwizzy

PapaDwizzy's Gamercard
Really Easy Billion Dollar Boosting!

I don't know if anyone has posted anything about this but there is a really easy glitch to get money very fast in ranked matches. Start up a ranked match bounties on Afghanistan. Now you and your partner head to the heli landing pad and go to the farther left corner where a large propane tank is. If you take your sniper and look in the ridge you should see a hovercraft just sitting there. Blow it up with your sniper rifle and thats easy money right there. The fun part is that the bounty increase about 30k each time and the hovercraft respawns about every 10 seconds. Once you have enough money, both you and your partner grab weapon pack 7. The sniper rifle here will only take about 5 shots to kill the hovercraft. Dont bother going for the weapon pack 8. the RPG does only take 2 shots to kill the hover craft but you will crank out 5 sniper shots between you and your partner way faster than 2 rpg shots, not to mention time and money saved on resupplying your ammo. Keep that going and you should net anywhere from 50million on a decent run to 80million on a perfect run...PER PLAYER!!!
Now of course switch between your boosting partners, one team will do hovercraft kills and one team will get objectives minor and major. This method will save tons of hours getting the billion. I played about 6 matches 3hov killing and 3 obj grabbing and i already have about 130,000,000. I hope this helps. Credit goes to my friend V Smoke V who told me about this. I just thought I would pass on the great news to those still boosting out there.

Just a side note if you have trouble finding the hovercraft if my description wasnt clear enough. On the helipad face out to sea. On the left side you will see a large propane tank. Stand directly to the left of this propane tank and look out about a 45 degree angle and you should see the hovercraft sitting there no problem.

Last edited by PapaDwizzy; 07-18-2009 at 05:45 AM.
PapaDwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
xDAx AWESOME

Send a message via AIM to xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
if this is real im sending you good feedback what is your GT?
xDAx AWESOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
PapaDwizzy

PapaDwizzy's Gamercard
My Gt is the same here PapaDwizzy and its very true.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
SATYATEX

SATYATEX's Gamercard
We did the same this weekend it works but sorrily not so fine bcs the servers are lagging as hell so the hovercraft team could get around 60-70Mill aka 30-35/person but when we'll get some practice and feel it well it will raise up to 80-90Mill/team hopefully. Only one question remained: if the other team is stayin' there too to watch the hovercraft team's back to make sure no one afghan cowboy can shoot theyr back or throw a grenade to them and they r doin' only the close objectives and collectibles, it helps or is it a bounty wasting bcs the defender team will get nothing. It would work fine only if the hovercraft team can go over 100Mill/match this way but it's not proved so can't confirm
Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 AM   #5
PapaDwizzy

PapaDwizzy's Gamercard
Yeah those EA servers are just awful. We got a lot of lag when we first started boosting especially with the SSC. But to answer your question, no the other team should be getting objectives so that their money will add up. 20mil each a match will add up and get you to 1billion faster than having them stay guard. The only real problem with the bot soldiers is early on, they tend to mess with you a lot, but once you get into the swing of things, they should be no problem. I do know sometimes the kill the VIP objective has the guy spawn on the helipad near you. Just kill him and explain to ur partners that he was impeding progress and had to die. Im sure they will understand.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
SATYATEX

SATYATEX's Gamercard
Yes it's not a problem, we experienced that the insurgent leader or factory manager spawns on the Helipad sometimes and we must kill him, we are good friends since a long time so really no probs with that, 1mill more or less isn't a big deal if we can progress with this method lot more faster to the Billion. Thx for the answer, so the Hover team must watch his own back, roger Sir
Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
velho lobodomar

velho lobodomar's Gamercard
wow, thanks a lot for the information!! im planning on doing this achievement for ages, but something always come at first place.
last retail: Gears of War

xbla + dlc: 3
xbla: 52
last arcade: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
velho lobodomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
If this works then thanks a million!! We just starting going for this again this week, and have just been using the convention primary/secondary split between the two teams on afganistan bounites.
Molloy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molloy2006 View Post
If this works then thanks a million!! We just starting going for this again this week, and have just been using the convention primary/secondary split between the two teams on afganistan bounites.
This works brilliantly thanks!! We where able to get 50-65 million each, no problem! Only thing is it can cause the missions to glitch a bit, and one time it stopped us earning money! But since its quite glitchy at the best of times I wouldnt worry! This needs adding into the guide or something, this seriously cuts down the time required to get the billion dollars!
Molloy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:47 AM   #10
PapaDwizzy

PapaDwizzy's Gamercard
Oh i think one thing i forgot to leave out, (which was never really a problem for us) is that your opponent has to complete one of their objects for every hovercraft kill for it to count. So if you get about 2 kills without the other team getting an objective, the second kill wont count. Heh thats a pretty important thing to forget about sorry sorry. But im glad that its saving a bunch of people time on these achs. Whoever is in charge of the guide should include this method in their guide for those people still boosting this.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #11
Jayour

Jayour's Gamercard
Ahah, This is amazing... Might manage to 100% this now! Thanks!
Jayour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 AM   #12
Deathlorddanny

Send a message via AIM to Deathlorddanny Send a message via MSN to Deathlorddanny

Dannnnn The Man's Gamercard
Woot, i finally am able to get this achievement.....I have a team and managed to get 136m points in like 3 rounds of the boat

{Owning nubs in halo since halo 1}
l.l Play to win or get out l.l

Need partners to boost with in:

R6V2, HawX
Deathlorddanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #13
Deathlorddanny

Send a message via AIM to Deathlorddanny Send a message via MSN to Deathlorddanny

Dannnnn The Man's Gamercard
Porpise king and I are FTW!

{Owning nubs in halo since halo 1}
l.l Play to win or get out l.l

Need partners to boost with in:

R6V2, HawX
Deathlorddanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Thanks for posting this I really want to do this game. You need 4 people to start a ranked match correct.
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:25 AM   #15
Piccolo549

Send a message via AIM to Piccolo549

PiccoloxxReborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
has anyone had the issue where either the boat stops spawning or it stops giving you points when you kill it, if so does anyone know how to fix it.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #16
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Damn. Now I almost wish I hadn't traded the game away so I could try this out.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
velho lobodomar

velho lobodomar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A 2rue boofer View Post
Thanks for posting this I really want to do this game. You need 4 people to start a ranked match correct.
correct. i believe that if you have 2 gold accounts, two people can play with the same xbox, though.
last retail: Gears of War

xbla + dlc: 3
xbla: 52
last arcade: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
velho lobodomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
paradoxoflife

ParadoxofLife's Gamercard
Thanks for this post. Been trying to get this achieve for months. Hopefully this works.
paradoxoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #19
Porpoise King

Porpoise King's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by velho lobodomar View Post
correct. i believe that if you have 2 gold accounts, two people can play with the same xbox, though.
I dont think so. We had to have someone set up 2 xboxs.

20,000 GS 6/7/2009
30,000 GS 6/29/2009
40,000 GS 7/24/2009
50,000 GS 9/18/2009

Porpoise King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #20
scorpion_tk04

DarkRedScorpion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo549 View Post
has anyone had the issue where either the boat stops spawning or it stops giving you points when you kill it, if so does anyone know how to fix it.

your success or failure is due to the other team and how quickly they can get the primary objectives. if they fail to complete them fast enough, there will be too many objectives in the game and it'll glitch out.

i suggest one person stays close to computers 1 and 2 while the other person gets computer 3. assasination targets should be handled from a distance so you dont have to stray too far from the computers
scorpion_tk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:47 AM   #21
Honeycut1ddp

That sounds great, now I just need to get 3 other folks so I can get this achievement punched out. Great tip sir.

I'll go now, to make bigger mistakes and to embarrass this fine institution even more. But let me leave you with one last thought: If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk.

Thank you.

~ Conan O'Brien
Honeycut1ddp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #22
FOX-Inc.

FOX Inc 79's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_tk04 View Post
your success or failure is due to the other team and how quickly they can get the primary objectives. if they fail to complete them fast enough, there will be too many objectives in the game and it'll glitch out.
This seems to occur quite easily as well, if you blow up the hover craft with both players, it's very difficult for the other team to keep up. We tried to boost this tonight, but the boat disappeared after ten minutes or so a few matches. Don't push your luck...
FOX-Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #23
peeveen

peeveen's Gamercard
Me and a friend are trying to get this achievement. We have two xboxes each, and were following the instructions for the hovercraft glitch.

Once we finally got the hang of it, our best run was about $45mill each in a 20 min match, which seems a bit short, going by some of the numbers I've seen posted above.

Our tactic was to put one of our dummy players into the turret overlooking the helipad (this seems to prevent the CPU baddies spawning up there and makes hovercraft sniper less perilous). Once in place, one of our "real" players would take out the hovercraft (about once every 15 seconds) while the other ran around doing whatever other objectives they could find.

We could probably speed up hovercraft sniping by a few seconds if both of us were focused on it, but I don't know if this would be any more beneficial, as we would lose out on the money earned from other objectives.

Can anyone tell us if there is a gaping flaw in our tactic? Or is this the best we can hope for?
peeveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #24
domn8rdom

Domn8rdom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
no way. so this is true. Looks like i still might be able to 100% this game after all this time haha
domn8rdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #25
GRIM F4ND4NG0

Got It!

It's the best way!!, 4 active players, 2 on the hoovercraft 2 boosting the objectives, you'll get a 2 mil. per go! Sometimes the hoovercraft glitches, just look up your score an restart the match!

Though the game is glitchy as hell, in whole the achievement pop-ups pretty accurate. I got it around 1 billion dollars, check the leaderboards, just boost in one match type + map, they're a bit out of synch (roughly a few hours) but a hold, they're most likely a bit negative on your score, so once it says you got 1 billion dollar you most definitely already got the achievement
GRIM F4ND4NG0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #26
Carpe Animus

Carpe Animus's Gamercard
thanks me and some mates have been thinking about doing this achievement and now it will be possible easily
Carpe Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #27
Terrin

terrin's Gamercard
It still works alittle slowler for me (as we are doing with 2 people with each 2 boxes)
Terrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #28
kulkun

Kulkun's Gamercard
Boosted this for a few hours last night. Given the experimenting, WarZone turned out to be more profitable than Bounties. We ended up with around 60 Mil for the hovercrafters and 20-30 mil for the objectives peopl each round. That's around 80 million per 40 minutes for each team.

If the objectives are cooperative (minimal extractions since those take the longest), we once got 90 Mil for the hovercrafters and 32 mil for the objectives people in one round. Another round, the objectives sucked and the objective people got 22Mil and the hovercrafters 64 Mil. So it varies a bit but we did consistently get at least 60 million and 20 million.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:51 AM   #29
XFIGHT3R

XFIGHT3R's Gamercard
Can We Start rank matches with only 2 people or needs at least a min of 4 players?
XFIGHT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:08 AM   #30
TheGreyCrane

TheGreyCrane's Gamercard
you need a team of 4 players exactly, and actualy there are nobody on the live since months, you can send me a message if you want some french guys to play with and complete you team (personaly I have already my team of 4, but some of my contacts want to boost)
TheGreyCrane is offline   Reply With Quote