PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:53 AM   #1
DaKing240

Send a message via AIM to DaKing240 Send a message via MSN to DaKing240 Send a message via Yahoo to DaKing240

DaKing240's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Poker Final Table   1,000 Posts   Halo 2   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Recap: Street Trace NYC Exclusive Event

Today was the first of many events to come for our community, and what better to start then with Gaia Industries giving us a sneak peak at their upcoming XBLA game Street Trace NYC. The game first was introduced at E3, but how many people actually were able to go and try it? So, we planned the event for 6:00 on Martin Luther King Day, and gave our users the first chance to play and mess with the game.

They were able to play the game, meet the developers, get a tour, and got free pizza courtesy of L'asso Pizza.

Here is a recap of the event:

- Greeted by Christine of Gaia Industries
- Tutorial lessons by the Developers
- Achievement discussion - how they came up with them, etc.
- Practice time
- Pizza break
- More game playing!
- Q and A Time
- Developer Multiplayer (how the Pros play!)
- The Final 8 Player Tournament
- Comment Sheet - 3 Best and Worst features

Also, the people who went are going to be given free shirts.

So, I would like to personally give a big thanks to our members who went and tried out the game, and the biggest thanks of all goes to Christine, and all the people who made today possible at Gaia Industries!

So, what did you all think of the event? I want to see pictures, comments, anything at all!

Digg This! - http://digg.com/gaming_news/Recap_St...360_XBLA_Title

Last edited by DaKing240; 01-16-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:34 AM   #2
Juaninzze

User Feedback for Street Trace NYC Event!

Sup everyone,

Just wanted to say that the game Street - Trace [censored] seriously owns.

Its going to cost 800 points and its coming sometime in February!

The game is a urban style game with cool looking graphics - the game play awesome your on a hover board - its a fast pace game with all kinds of mods and weapons and you can get power ups on the maps and theres money icons to buy power ups for almost everything.

They have maps for every type of gameplay - they have racing maps, then they have the chaos maps for fighting against other people.

For more info on the game is suggest you go here: http://www.streettrace.com

Me and my friends went to the event -- it was cool, the people were nice and we all were just playing the game and having fun -- They also had food there and they were explaining the game and how to play it, they had the xbox360 dev kits which look awesome in black with the huge hard drives on top ( I spotted that it was over 50gigs ).

The funny thing is --You know how bomber-man the game is trash and sucked hard and it cost 40usd, i wouldn't mind paying 40usd for this game - and its only 800points when it comes out i mean this game is awesome - Once you start playing it you never get tired its so addicting and i think its going to be a smash hit with XBLA when it comes out.

We filled out a survey and they going to send us some free swag when its released, i seen 2 people there but i didnt know their names - only my friends and some other people turned out for the event so it was pretty cool since we were the only ones there.

Thanks,
Juan

If you have any questions i can answer then to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by DaKing240; 01-16-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Censored some curse words
Old 01-16-2007, 03:51 AM   #3
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
This game does look impressive. It looks like it has the best graphics of any arcade games! Very nice. You got to actually play it? Was there any other games worthy of mention there? I am looking forward to this now and normally I don't care as much for the arcade games. Thanks for the post!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:55 AM   #4
Juaninzze

It was an event just for street trace, and yes we all played it.

We played the tut mode to figure out how to play, then we all played single player and then we started going head to head then we took a break and ate some pizza and then it was the 4 vs 4 which i won.

We got there at 5:40pm and left at around 9ish. It was fun i didn't even want to leave.

The DEVs of the game are VERY good the 4 vs 4 were out of me and my friends but the DEV rock hard with the game.

THE GRAPHICS are truly amazing, i was in shock that it was an XBLA game and not a real hard cover game.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:10 AM   #5
Wet Factory

Wet Factory's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Tournament Winners
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i started a post elsewhere but it looks like this one is getting traction.

Wow. I finally got to see what some of yall look like and boy are yall ugly. lol. just got back from the x360a event in chinatown for street trace and wow was i impressed.

when i first came which is late because i run on cp time they sat me down in front of a standard def tv to try the tutorial and single player tournament. cool. learn where the buttons are and the basics. play the ai on the tournament. didnt win but own the ai in some of the different levels. guy comes over. u ready for some multiplayer. heck yeah. this is what i came over for.

now this is where this game shines. this games is high paced, frantic board racer with guns and power-ups. As soon as you start you need to be in the lead or you be swapping places back and forth with everone as they blow you up or you fall off the courses. Shortcut knowledge is a must to stay in front. there are different match types. one strictly a race to the finish, deathmatch, collect points, and a hold on to and capture the flag deviant. tutorial will help you with the strictly racing only but you gonna need some skills and knowledge of the boards to take on the deathmatch and flag capture events. I got owned for those first events and the only one i did win was the races because i learned early where the shortcuts were. first four player tournament i came in last. Boo hoo hoo.

Following, talk to some gamers, the dev team started to tell us about the game. where they are headed, various tidbits. I got to see those sweet looking xbox 360 dev kits. why couldnt they make some regular 360's in black. anyway i asked about achievements and they'll be pretty standard with a couple that are hard to obtain. cool. but then they put on a game with just the dev team so we can see the game at full pace and how it runs over live. One was running on a standard tv, one on a projection and one on hdtv. hdtv really stands out and looks sweet. itll make a ton of difference when playing because of its sharpness and ability to distinguish items.

After an initial setup the start playing. Omigod I was such a noob by seeing the dev team go at it and make full use of the levels (awesome level design by the way) I was already making another leap from when i first came in and remembering their tactics for later. The dev team showed us wicked shortcuts and how to play each mode better. Everything was starting to come together in this franctic game. This game throws you head first in and you better get used to it or be left in last. After the showed off they invited us to an 8 player xbox live tournament. Sweet but i couldnt nail the hdtv so i got the projector.

It runs just as solid with eight players on live as it did on the same console. we ran five games in the tournament and dammit I didnt win I was only second. Last race the person pulled ahead of me cuz i ran out of boost and fell off the map. DAMN IT. I was trying to bring it home for x360a. The game was a ton of fun. looking forward to this real soon and any other x360a events that come up.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:09 AM   #6
xfrancox

Send a message via AIM to xfrancox Send a message via MSN to xfrancox Send a message via Yahoo to xfrancox Send a message via Skype™ to xfrancox

HAIL SAGAN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Uno - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I agree, the game was pretty fun. Graphics are definitely better than your average XBLA game, and its very intuitive. There is a great variety of weapons, plenty of game modes, and support for 8 different players. I for one wasn't very good at it, but still had fun. I got to talk to a lot of the devs and they were all more than happy to help and answer questions. Very nice people. You could tell that they put a lot into this game, and are very excited to see it launch. The fact that they were so interested in what we had to say proved it.

DaKing, the devs had nothing but kind words to say about you, and definitely seemed to enjoy working with you. Good job, you made quite the impression. I definitely let them know that they would be getting a lot of positive publicity from us on the site, and they were pleased to hear it.

I have some pictures from the event, and I'll be posting them as soon as I can. Im glad everyone had fun.

Last edited by DaKing240; 01-16-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #7
xfrancox

Send a message via AIM to xfrancox Send a message via MSN to xfrancox Send a message via Yahoo to xfrancox Send a message via Skype™ to xfrancox

HAIL SAGAN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Uno - Gold   Donator - Level 1

I took a couple short videos as well, but Im in the process of figuring out where I should upload them to. I apologize, Im no photographer.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:58 AM   #8
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
From the looks of it,it reminds me of the new tony hawk game for the wii, or kinda a ssx vibe.

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:13 AM   #9
Juaninzze

Fine, Im sorry.

I guess i dug into deep with that one. I get offended easily.
Sorry to anyone i have offended.

Besides that i had a great time.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #10
Wet Factory

Wet Factory's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Tournament Winners
sorry if i offended anyone with the ugly remarks. Yall are all brothers and sisters to me. Im gonna rub ya every now and then. It was a very fun event and look forward to more with yall.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #11
DaKing240

Send a message via AIM to DaKing240 Send a message via MSN to DaKing240 Send a message via Yahoo to DaKing240

DaKing240's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Poker Final Table   1,000 Posts   Halo 2   Donator - Level 1
Yes, I am glad that everyone had a great time. I have recieved a very positive response from the people that went from emails, messages, and the posts here. We owe a huge thanks to Gaia Industries for allowed us to have this event!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #12
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Yeah, on behalf of the Staff and the entire site, a big thanks go out to Gaia for the event.

Also thanks to DaKing for organising this- great work.

And a shout out to everyone who turned up and represented the site. You guys help make the community great

Old 01-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #13
FantasyBarb130

Barb130's Gamercard
This was definitely fun. It was great game. The maps were awesome

We did need more women there though!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyBarb130 View Post
This was definitely fun. It was great game. The maps were awesome

We did need more women there though!
Yeah where are the pics of this Christine of Gaia industries? I'm way more curious about her than the game! Hell it's an arcade titles, I buy them all I don't give a damn if it's any good or not because all I need to know is it's got 200 points on it.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #15
ChristinefromGaia
Press Relations for Gaia

Cool Street Trace: NYC Event 1

excuse me mr. xfranco, I took some of those pictures! And i'm a damn great photographer. ;-) Thanks, everyone for your comments. Gaia has been enjoying all the positive feedback. As for easily offending people, the "ugly" comment is HILARIOUS. And as for the ladies, we need more representation! As for me, I'm Sam Kim in the Trailer and you could find her at XBLA's marketplace when the game comes out around end/February. To upload videos; try Photobucket! It works great on any size videos, i recently discovered. Ima practice my Street Trace skills in the meantime so I can kick some of yall's butts on XBLA. For everyone who went: THANK YOU FOR COMING!!! We will be sure to invite you guys to our Launch Event... THANK YOU DAKING you rock.

Last edited by ChristinefromGaia; 01-16-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:43 PM   #16
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I appreciate you giving the opportunity to our loyal fans to get a taste of the game before release and from what I've heard, nothing but good

Congrats and all the best for this title and any other you release.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #17
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Yeah, and can we have a look at this Trailer? Just for Kaens

Old 01-17-2007, 02:09 AM   #18
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Yeah, and can we have a look at this Trailer? Just for Kaens
Suuuuuure, cause I'm the only one that's curious.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:22 AM   #19
xfrancox

HAIL SAGAN's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinefromGaia View Post
excuse me mr. xfranco, I took some of those pictures! And i'm a damn great photographer. ;-) Thanks, everyone for your comments. Gaia has been enjoying all the positive feedback. As for easily offending people, the "ugly" comment is HILARIOUS. And as for the ladies, we need more representation! As for me, I'm Sam Kim in the Trailer and you could find her at XBLA's marketplace when the game comes out around end/February. To upload videos; try Photobucket! It works great on any size videos, i recently discovered. Ima practice my Street Trace skills in the meantime so I can kick some of yall's butts on XBLA. For everyone who went: THANK YOU FOR COMING!!! We will be sure to invite you guys to our Launch Event... THANK YOU DAKING you rock.

Ahhh, Im sorry I totally forgot, haha. I was tired, give me a break. Thanks for taking some of the pictures! I tried photobucket but it wouldnt work.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #20
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
What about you tube?
Old 01-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #21
JonahFalcon

I couldn't make it because my TV show ran long.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #22
JonahFalcon

By the way, I'm almost completely responsible for

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Trace_NYC

The only thing I didn't put there was the 360Achievements link.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #23
ChristinefromGaia
Press Relations for Gaia

Talking Another cool review by an Xbox360a member

Hey to everyone for watching this thread, here's another cool review by Sherveen who attended the event. And JONAH! Thanks for the wikipedia entry. Great job. I'm going to have to learn from you some tips for posting stuff on Wikipedia.

http://forums.mygamercard.net/index....l=Street+Trace

Old 03-14-2007, 08:05 AM   #24
DaKing240

DaKing240's Gamercard

Hey everyone, in case you didn't notice...

http://www.streettrace.com/streettrace.html --> Located on the News Section

http://www.gaiaindustries.com/ --> Top right

All I gotta say is... awesome!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #25
DenisDenis

DenisDenis's Gamercard
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinefromGaia View Post
Hey to everyone for watching this thread, here's another cool review by Sherveen who attended the event. And JONAH! Thanks for the wikipedia entry. Great job. I'm going to have to learn from you some tips for posting stuff on Wikipedia.

http://forums.mygamercard.net/index....l=Street+Trace

Christine,
Any news on a release date?
I saw Street Trace on Xbox.com (see http://forum.xboxic.com/showthread.php?t=1906).
Cheers!
Denis.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #26
deathbypig37x

deathbypig x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase UMK3 Runner-up   Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisDenis View Post
Christine,
Any news on a release date?
I saw Street Trace on Xbox.com (see http://forum.xboxic.com/showthread.php?t=1906).
Cheers!
Denis.
This thread was over 3 months old man...
I'm just telling you now, in the future, PM someone if you're going to ask them a question. It's not worth bringing up an old thread to ask ONE question to ONE person. Just telling you.

But while the question has been asked, I would also like to know when the release date is.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #27
DenisDenis

DenisDenis's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypig37x View Post
This thread was over 3 months old man...
I'm just telling you now, in the future, PM someone if you're going to ask them a question. It's not worth bringing up an old thread to ask ONE question to ONE person. Just telling you.

But while the question has been asked, I would also like to know when the release date is.
Thanks for the advice deathbypig, I'll just keep on doing things my way if you don't mind .

The game looks done on PartneNet, it should be pretty close to release.
Cheers,
Denis.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #28
Rocket

x2x rocket x2x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Quote:
Thanks for the advice deathbypig, I'll just keep on doing things my way if you don't mind .

Cheers,
Denis.
And doing things like that will get your ass either a) an infraction or b) because of your blatent idiocy that you have shown to us all, for someone who was simply telling you the way things are done around here, to act that way, banned...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #29
x McGrim x

MisterMetis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:

Cheers,
Denis.
If somebody has 602 posts, then they probably know what they're doing and you should listen to what they are telling you. Now stop being so ignorant and read the forum rules.
100% Retail (12): Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Disney's Bolt, EA SPORTS FN 3, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Gun, Just Cause, King Kong, Oblivion, Phantasy Star Universe Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy, The History Channel:Battle for the Pacific, Tomb Raider:Legend
100% Arcade (7): Bomberman Live, Dash of Destruction, Dig Dug, UNO, Pacman, Pocketbike Racer, Wik:Fable of Souls
Old 07-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #30
DaKing240

DaKing240's Gamercard

Hey guys,

DenisDenis is the Lead Press for a little game called Mad Tracks, show some respect will you. He is the person who helped us get Mad Tracks acheivements early, and has been very cool to our community. While I understand that we don't like bumping old threads, if anything he is explaining to us that the game may be launching soon.
Closed Thread