PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
jwmc1971

NaTaS 1971's Gamercard
How is it ?

since now one has asked ( weird , i know ...) how is this game ? graphics , gameplay and style of play . i guess i could read a review on GS , but its better to hear from real people .

64 games 100% and counting
jwmc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
ZeroThreshold

ZeroThreshold's Gamercard
I find it to be a fun, but mediocre, game. From all the reviews I've read, it's been slammed pretty hard, but it's not as horrible as it's made out to be.

If you enjoyed the old Contra/Smash TV/run 'n' gun-type games, you'll enjoy this. Theoretically.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
Incubus21212

Incubus21212's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThreshold View Post
I find it to be a fun, but mediocre, game. From all the reviews I've read, it's been slammed pretty hard, but it's not as horrible as it's made out to be.

If you enjoyed the old Contra/Smash TV/run 'n' gun-type games, you'll enjoy this. Theoretically.
I agree. It's...entertaining. And so far isn't too annoying with the game controls, and camera angles.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
j69plus1

Send a message via AIM to j69plus1 Send a message via Yahoo to j69plus1

J69plus1's Gamercard
Well I agree with some of the other post, it;s Contra like and it's 2009. It seem EA could have done a better job on the game, especially since the movie has not come out yet. It really doesnt do anything to make you want to go see the movie.

j69plus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
theIncredible

Theincredible's Gamercard
I agree too, this game is better than most movie games. Not great but good. The camera angles can get aggravating at times. What I expected.
theIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
FucUEse

FucUEse808's Gamercard
I'm really enjoying this game so far. It's quite simple, even on Hardcore. It's a fun no thinking run around shoot em up. Graphics may not be that great. The score is pretty nice. It's too bad they didn't get to use the actual actors voices. I almost didn't buy the game cause it was slammed on IGN. I was waiting for it for awhile, was gonna pick it up the day it was released but opted not to because of the review IGN gave it. I was expecting the game to be horrible but picked it up. The review trashed the driving controls, sure it isn't that great but if he just played with it a bit, he would have realized how simple the controls really were. Like everyone else stated, camera angles suck. But what can you expect from a fun simple game. So if you have $50 to waste and are a G.I. Joe fan. Pick it up... if not, just rent it. I don't feel ripped off at all....
FucUEse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
psychoganksta

PSYCHOGANKSTA's Gamercard
me and my boys are enjoying the hell out of this game graphics are not great control is sometimes stupid so is camera but i didnt expect riddick or wolverine its better then the review said it was

118 games complete and still going 100% completion is the new thing
psychoganksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
mrsantos

mr sant0s's Gamercard
This game got a 3.5 out of 10. Wow what were the developers thinking. On gametrailers you can see the video review. It looks terrible. The reviewer also said that there are no checkpoints. So if you're playing the last stage an you die in the end be ready to start the stage all over again. This is a game am getting only for easy achievements. Yeah I know. But, "I'm an Achievement Whore".
mrsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
FucUEse

FucUEse808's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsantos View Post
This game got a 3.5 out of 10. Wow what were the developers thinking. On gametrailers you can see the video review. It looks terrible. The reviewer also said that there are no checkpoints. So if you're playing the last stage an you die in the end be ready to start the stage all over again. This is a game am getting only for easy achievements. Yeah I know. But, "I'm an Achievement Whore".
The checkpoints don't work only if you put it on the harder difficulties. But the game is so easy, it's the reviewers problem that he sucks. Seriously the stages are only like 5 - 10 minutes long on average. Maybe they should get hardcore gamers to review games, rather than the casual "I think I'm a Hardcore Gamer" to review them.
FucUEse is offline   Reply With Quote