PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #31
Sidburn19

Sidburn19's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Grrrr, I can make it all the way to the pirate ship with no problem, but its the stupid loose planks. I keep getting knocked into them.

Anybody got any advice, the best way to make it through this level without some plank hits.

Sidburn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:35 AM   #32
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

The best advice is to go very slowly in that level. Like..snail speed. Okay, maybe not that slow, but you get the idea. Also try to stay directly in the middle since that area has the least amount of planks.

EDIT: I remember someone asked for a video of Neon Night Riders for some reason, so anyway...Quickplay video playthrough with strategy/tips in the description.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations

Last edited by KingBroly; 08-08-2009 at 06:39 AM.
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #33
SlyBeast

SlyBeast's Gamercard
Good info, thanks!
SlyBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #34
DarkEchoesX

Azure Firebird's Gamercard

Well I managed to get it on my first attempt last night, ironically the areas which I expected to be easy almost caused me to die 3 or 4 times. The areas you really need to be careful of are Prehistoric Turtlesaurus with the dinosaur riding enemies, Neon Night-Riders with the flying enemies and Starbase with the 3 flamethrower wielding stone men.

Anyway these are a few tips and hints I found out about during my run. Some of it might have been mentioned before but it's just some of my observations.

1: Leo is by far the best choice, his range is good and most importantly he has a very wide attack range.

2: For Tokka and Rahzar try and get them together and hit them once and follow it quickly with Leo's special attack, it almost always guarantees a knockdown (so long as your timing is good).

3: Also on the subject of Tokka and Rahzar if you knock down whoever the blue one is in the top left corner he will sometimes get stuck outside the level boundry and be unable to move if you stay close. Do not attempt it in the bottom left corner or he can get pushed off the screen and then can only be hit by Donatello (and even then, rarely).

4: For Krang in Neon Night-Riders always attack from the north or south, that way if he uses the missile attack you will be just slightly above or below the attack range and if you do get hit the knockback will usually send you out of range of the other missiles.

5: I didn't time it exactly but it seems to take Krang in Starbase about 5 mins to disappear even if you are attacking him, so don't worry about rushing, just play the long game and only strike him once from the south before retreating for another safe opportunity.

6: As soon as Starbase Krang teleports and is at 2/3rds healh or less it's very likely he'll quickly try get beside you for a bubble attack. Just run around when he does that. When he hits about 1/3rd health he starts stomping like mad so if you are low on healh just run away and wait for the time out.

7: Always focus on any rock enemies that are wielding weapons before anything else. Also if you use Leo and you have a large pack of enemies together then use his special again and again, it only counts as 1 hit but is a very wide range knockdown attack.
DarkEchoesX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #35
chanman

oCH40T1C CH4No's Gamercard
This is the last achievement I need. Thanks for the guide.

chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #36
Sidburn19

Sidburn19's Gamercard

AAAAHHH, I so mad, made it all the way to the Starbase made it to the krang kick his ass until he only has 2 bars left and he still manages to kill me with those little robots.

I was so close to the shredder, i'm getting feed up replaying this game over and over again.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #37
iNf3Rn0 Lan

iNf3Rn0 Lan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Okay, seriously could someone give me some help with Cement Man... I can't seem to dodge his attacks for the life of me. However I'm playing as Donatello, could that have something to do with it? After all he is the slowest in the game I think.

iNf3Rn0 Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #38
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNf3Rn0 Lan View Post
Okay, seriously could someone give me some help with Cement Man... I can't seem to dodge his attacks for the life of me. However I'm playing as Donatello, could that have something to do with it? After all he is the slowest in the game I think.
Dunno if Don is your problem.You just remember never to jump and keep running in a circle till he pops up.Smack him twice after he tosses the goop at you then repeat.You really shouldn't get hit at all.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #39
DragzZ

DragsS's Gamercard
The cement boss destroys me =[

Arcade 100%

Add me on PS4

DragzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:55 AM   #40
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

Location: In this distorted world where everything is twisted ...

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Dunno if Don is your problem.You just remember never to jump and keep running in a circle till he pops up.Smack him twice after he tosses the goop at you then repeat.You really shouldn't get hit at all.

Exactly as he said , however i used Leo when i did this, so it could be the speed that lets him catch up to you and hit you
SetsunaFSeiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:57 AM   #41
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Ok, I need to vent here a bit.

I'm playing as Mikey (as he is clearly the fastest) and tonight made it all the way to Shredder with no problems. So, I'm fighting him, whooping his ass, right? So when he has half his health left, he starts doing his jump attack which instantly kills you (you're turned into a baby turtle). I figured out that when he does this, if you jump kick him on the vertical, it does a good amount of damage. He tends to do this move a lot to as he loses health, so there are plenty of chances to kick him.

So, he literally had one hit left! I couldn't even see any heath in his meter it was that low. So he jumps into the air and does his stupid attack. I try to jump kick him because the other 12 times I did this it worked and I wasn't affected.

So guess what? I still hit him (I even saw him recoil), but I'M THE ONE THAT DIED. After so many times of kicking him and not being affected THE LAST KICK HITS HIM AND I STILL DIE?! If anything, we both should've died. I had full health, too. What a cheap, lousy move.

I was so pissed when that happened because the end was so near, and when I hit him I jumped up to celebrate - only to realize that I was a baby turtle and he was laughing at me.

I effin' hate this game now.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:17 AM   #42
Grouchu

Grouchu's Gamercard
Yeah, getting this one alone pissed me off so many times. I would either die on the 3rd stage or the one where you fight Krang and his body on the streets in the future. Both times at Krang, he would shoot those giant bullets/small missiles/whatever they are at me and I would die. But I finally got it just a few minutes ago. I held out on Krang in his little ship and eventually he just flew away. Shredder wasn't too bad. He hit me with his fireball once or twice but I kept him in the corner most of the fight. I was lucky there were two pizzas there to restore my life.

All in all, I'm proud to have finally unlocked this achievement.

Retail Completed (13)
Latest:
Enchanted Arms

Arcade Completed (17)
Latest:
Sonic & Knuckles
Grouchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #43
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragzZ View Post
The cement boss destroys me =[
I can only beat him with Raph and Mikey without dying. The other Turtles' running speed is just too slow.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #44
Motrahtox

Motrahtox's Gamercard
Turtles in Time Re-Shell-ved

Finally got this last achievement. Its more annoying than anything else. I used hit and run tactics on most every boss. Only on the 3rd level of all levels I was close to dying.

Last time I was so pissed because I blazed through the whole game only to die at Shredder ( he only had 1 bar left.)
Old 08-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #45
Sidburn19

Sidburn19's Gamercard

The more I attempt this achievement, the more i'm starting to get worst. I use to be able to get to the starbase no problem, now I can't even beat toka and razar.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #46
Motrahtox

Motrahtox's Gamercard
Against Tokka and Razar I found it easiest to use Leonardo and just do a normal attack "x" followed immediately by the special attack "y." Keep spamming this and you will kill one of the guys and the other will follow shortly after since your special attack will hit both of them as long as they are close to each other.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #47
Captain and 7

My Beer BelIy's Gamercard
This guide worked great for defeating bosses. I got this on my 2nd attempt, I only died the first time because of the stupid planks.

For general guidelines, I would agree that Leo (swords) is the best, mostly because his special attack has a lot of range and width to it. I basically would knock everyone down with a special move and then start going at small groups with basic attacks. Never let enemies surround you, meaning behind and in front of you. If you start getting surrounded than just use your special attack to knock down a wave of guys, then turn around and repeat.

Always target larger enemies first (rock guys with weapons), then go after those that throw things, followed by regular foot soldiers.

Also, go very slow on the pirate ship and try to avoid the special move because it might make you accidentally lunge into a plank...this is actually the only part I had trouble with on my run. Finally, on the two levels where you are riding....always make sure you know where the pizzas are coming, because if you miss one it will be very difficult to stay alive.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine." -John Galt
Captain and 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #48
Sidburn19

Sidburn19's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motrahtox View Post
Against Tokka and Razar I found it easiest to use Leonardo and just do a normal attack "x" followed immediately by the special attack "y." Keep spamming this and you will kill one of the guys and the other will follow shortly after since your special attack will hit both of them as long as they are close to each other.
I know how to beat them, twice toka got me with his spin attack. That's what messed me up.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #49
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
I've tried about 3 times now. Got as far as the hoverboard level. Stupid dude on the turret got me. It is so weird because I've never had problems with those things. It completely owned me this time.

I thought the alligator boss would be my one big challenge before Shredder. Turns out it was some turret guy in the middle of a level.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:31 AM   #50
hobbes8548

hobbes8548's Gamercard
Last achievement that I need. I'm not so worried about the bosses as I am about the damn planks or the flying turret enemies.
hobbes8548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:43 AM   #51
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

The Turret guy can easily be avoided with some double jump action. The planks you have to be cautious where you move. My video above should give you an indication of where the 2 Turret guys come in during the level (although I just plow through them with a couple of Special Attacks)

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:58 AM   #52
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
i've beaten Cement Man now with both Leo and Don, without dying. what i found to help is to actually walk TOWARDS cement man, just a little bit, right before he sludges around underground. if you hit then run away immediately, he will dig underground, and he will catch up to you and you will likely be cornered or forced to turn more. if you get close to him first, than you have more straight running instead of cutting or making circles. you are faster than him (with any turtle) when simply running away, but when turning he seems to cut you off easier.

Last edited by litepink; 07-06-2010 at 02:10 AM.
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:09 AM   #53
iNf3Rn0 Lan

iNf3Rn0 Lan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Somehow managed to get the achievement first try with Michelangelo. I mashed the X button whenever an enemy got next to me, and jumped X attack for any stronger enemies. I barely beat Shredder though. I only had 1 block of health left and already ate both pizzas when I beat him.

iNf3Rn0 Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #54
sleepy

t0n's Gamercard
I just got this achievement last night thanks to this guide, and wow what a relief. The first time I played, I got through Shredder without any problems...got him to half a bar and myself was left with 1.5 bar. I should've finished him but instead ran to get the last pizza and got shot from behind. Argg stupid me...and after every game I got worst and worst. Finally beat Shredder on my 12 attempt in the game, which was also the 3rd time I fought him.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #55
S100482

thanks the guide helped alot the way i beat shredder was i used leo and would hit x and then back on the joystick then foward x

S100482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #56
Sidburn19

Sidburn19's Gamercard

I just got it, hit every object that could kill me and i still made it. On the Neon Night Rider level, I got shot by those guys on the flying guns and it drained all my energy except for a bit of health I couldn't even see, I was ready to give up because I was surrounded by guys, but just my luck I flew over a pizza and it saved me.

I had no real problems with the bosses though, once you get there pattern down there really easy.

I'm so happy I got this achievement

Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #57
Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate's Gamercard
Beat this on my first try with Leo. Thanks for the guide much appreciated.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #58
Samueleus

Samueleus's Gamercard
This guide is so helpfull, I had NO idea that you could make Krang time out if you avoid him for a few mins, Gonna try this later and mabeye i can finaly get to Shredder

40,000 Gamerscore - 20th July 2009
50,000 Gamerscore - 25th December 2009
60,000 Gamerscore - 16th April 2010
70,000 Gamerscore - 31st August 2010
80,000 Gamerscore - 12th December 2010
90,000 Gamerscore - 20th March 2011
100,000 Gamerscore - 12th July 2011

Samueleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #59
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
The best advice is to go very slowly in that level. Like..snail speed. Okay, maybe not that slow, but you get the idea. Also try to stay directly in the middle since that area has the least amount of planks.

EDIT: I remember someone asked for a video of Neon Night Riders for some reason, so anyway...Quickplay video playthrough with strategy/tips in the description.

YouTube - Turtles in Time Re-Shelled Neon Night Riders Survival Strategy

Oh man I need this I die at Neon Night Riders in survival =(

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #60
SlyBeast

SlyBeast's Gamercard
Achievement unlocked! Finally!

Here are my notes from getting this NOT FUN achievement. Some of this may be redundant, but I'm of the opinion that you really cannot have too much info when going after these grinding achievements.

I would always have the most trouble with the 3rd stage (Sewer Surfin') and the 8th stage (Neon Night-Riders).

Sewer Surfin' - It seems to me that the Turtles are slightly less agile when they're riding something, and that resulted in a lot of cheap juggles in this stage between the Foot Soldiers, the grates, and the mines. If this is an issue for you, make sure sure SURE to grab a pizza around the middle of the stage.

Neon Night-Riders - The trouble I had here was with Super Krang cornering me and missile-ing me to death, a problem that some have shared on here on the forum. I don't remember who said it here, but I cannot stress enough the strategy of attacking from the north or south (above or below). I would come in from below, get a 3 or 4 hit combo in, then move away (NOT on the same horizontal plane as Super Krang), letting him do whatever attack he wanted, then repeat. Using this strategy, I ripped him to shreds. Also of note in this stage is prioritizing the robots with the blue boxing gloves on. If they get a hold of you, it hurts bad, so take them out with a quickness. Some have also mentioned problems with the Foot Soldiers in the helicopters; I used Donatello so I just chased them around with the special attack until I got 'em. I think it took about 3 hits. Try to stay under them so they can't shoot you.

I died once on Skull & Crossbones, so I felt it important to mention to be careful about dashing around in this stage (and in general, but especially here). When I died on this stage, a lot of it was because I was accidentally dashing into the loose planks or one of those Stone Warriors was spinning me into them. Speaking of which, again, someone has already mentioned prioritizing the Stone Warriors, which I agree with, but especially in this stage because of the above mentioned issue.

Someone mentioned how they found it advantageous to chase Krang around with Don's special attack in the Starbase. I too can vouch for this method. I got crushed & bubbled a couple of times, but took advantage of the pizza on the same screen as the boss.

In closing, I recommend Don for this playthrough as he has the highest defense (according to the game's stats) and the longest range, which was especially useful for Metalhead and Cement Man. I tried it with other turtles but just wasn't as successful with them. Someone here argued that the only turtles fast enough to escape Cement Man were Raph and Mike - this isn't true. Don is the slowest turtle and I escaped him every time. Hope this helped someone out there, and good luck all.
SlyBeast is offline   Reply With Quote