PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Superman Returns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
Sergeant Kozi

Sergeant Kozi's Gamercard
New Achievement Guide

Hey everyone. I know this game already has an achievement guide, and no offense to the person who made it, but its very lacking in details, and people are posting tons of questions that could be answered with a more detailed guide, so i decided to try and make my first guide for this game. I hope you guys accept it and make it the official one so gamers don't have to hunt for answers so much. And please note that all of this information is not all my own original idea's. Its a collective archive of all the different posts and threads that had useful information all put into one location for easy access. I'd like to thank all the people who made these discoveries on these forums, and Gamefaqs.com for the cheats.

Hero of Metropolis
200 Complete All Metro Events And Mini-Games

for this one you have to complete all 5 Bizarro Mini Games, all 9 Fast Flyer races, Find all 100 Kittens, and complete the entire story mode. Note that you only really have to get 95% completion because you don't have to max Superman's level for the achievement.

Armageddon Averted
30 Complete Level 01: Meteor Storm

The very first part of the Game, the tutorial basically. Just complete it and you'll get this achievement.

Mr. What's-his-name
50 Complete All Mini-Games

This means all Bizarro games, Fast Flyer races, and collecting every Kitten. See "You Am Bizarro," "Super Sonic," and "Mr. Whiskers" achievements for Details.

You Am Bizarro!
20 Complete The Bizarro Mini-Game

There are 5 of these total and a map to find each one can be found HERE.

The best way to rack up points is to use his hold X move around a group of 2 or more cars (the more the better), and to use his corkscrew move (RB, A+X) when facing rows of single cars. if there aren't many cars around then use his sprint to find bigger bunches of them.

Super Sonic
20 Finished All Fast Flyer Mini-Games

There are nine of these races, and a map to them can be found HERE.

Please note that these must be done in order from 1-9 in order for them to even appear on the map.

If you are having trouble with any of them the best way to get them is to get to know the track after a few tries and learn where its easiest to cut corners without missing the checkpoints.

Also, make sure you save right after you use each race, because if you choose to redo a chapter or if you fail in protecting metropolis and have to start over that way, all of your times will be deleted and you'll have to start from scratch. (thanks to miiiguel for hint)

Mr. Whiskers
50 Find All Kittens

This is the killer. I had not seen evil... real evil in this world, until i had to get this achievement. That being said, here's how its done!

These links will take you to the images of an online scanned guide (illegal?). either way, here they are, and I'll give you the link to the original site i got the links from. they have some tips of their own different from mine that you could try to follow if you don't like my methods.

kittens 1-15 here
kittens 15-50 here
kittens 50-85 here
kittens 85-100 here
original website here

Some of the locations of the kittens on the guide are just slightly off, but not too much. keep looking near the number and you'll find it. Also, some of the screen shots don't really show where the kitten is, and many will say "near gas station," but unfortunately there are three gas stations in said area, so before you say the guide is wrong, look thoroughly. Also, if you're having trouble finding the area, for some of the screen shots you can easily see the roads on superman's mini map, and for the ones you can, it helps a lot.

Souped-Up Superman
30 Obtain All 15 Power-Ups

You'll get this achievement after you complete the final level of the game where you save metropolis from the Tornado's.

Frequent Flyer
30 Travel For 10,000 Miles

The odd thing about this achievement is that you don't actually have to fly all 10,000 miles to get it, it also counts any miles that you walk. So i recommend beating the game first and getting those miles added on, then in the post game chapter, use rubber bands to hold the right stick so its rotating the camera around superman. Then put tape down (scotch tape works fine) over the right bumper to go as fast as possible. I also recommend using a rubber band to pull the left stick forward, just in case the Tape over the Bumper comes off so that you don't waste a whole night spinning the camera around Superman. Now go to sleep, and you should be there or nearly there when you wake up.

Roadside Assistance
30 Pick Up 100 Cars Throughout The Game
all you have to do for this is pick up the same car with A and put it down with B over and over. You probably wont even have to look at the screen. You can check how many you've lifted in the statistics menu at the pause screen

Note: There is a trophy you get for lifting 500 cars, but theres no achievement for it, so only do it if you really want to... for some reason...

The Greatest Day
30 Play A Total Of 12 Hours
Well, in playing Through the whole campaign which took me about 6 hours, and finding all the kittens, which took me about three, you shouldn't have much left to go. but you'll definitely get it when you leave the console on over night trying to get the "Frequent Flyer" achievement.

Heavy Lifting
30 Lift 10,000 Tons Throughout The Game

People say the heaviest item in the game are the apartment complexes or whatever they are in war world, but i think theres a faster method.

The I-Beams found in construction sites are also obscenely heavy, and work like a charm. The way to do this is to grab one of them, and then find a section between two buildings with a good amount of space. Have Superman's back to one of the buildings, but 5 or 6 steps in front of it. Every time you press A to throw the beam, he pulls it back first. If you are close enough to the building, the beam will hit the building and you'll just drop the beam. Now you just have to rapidly tap A and he'll keep dropping and picking up the Beam at a good rate. (You'll also have to take 3 or 4 steps forward after a good 10-12 drops, because each time he's moved a little closer to the wall) keep this up for a half hour or so (i didn't keep track) and you should get it in no time.

Last edited by Sergeant Kozi; 08-21-2007 at 03:40 AM.
Sergeant Kozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
Sergeant Kozi

Secret Achievements
Warworld50
Visited and Dominated Warworld

You'll get this achievement after beating the first part of the game where you fight the 2 mini bosses and then Mongul. For Mongul all you have to do is block his attacks and the counter attack with a good combo, rinse, and repeat.

Twisted100
Saved Metropolis from the rampaging tornado.

This is the very last part of the game, where you'll stop 3 tornado's (you have to use your super breath to blow them away from the city, then freeze breath to damage them), put out several fires, and then stop one massive tornado. Once you're inside the big one, you'll have to alternate shooting its core with heat vision and ice breath. First heat vision, then when it turns red ice breath, then when it turns blue, heat vision again.

The Mongul Hordes100
Vanquished Mongul once again.

All the bosses you fought on war world will come to visit you in the end of the game. Simply keep progressing and fighting them, while making sure not to let the city get too damaged, and once you beat Mongul for the last time, which is extremely similar to the first time, you'll get it.

Me aM savE yOU!100
By you is Bizarro not undefeated!

He's not so hard to fight. When Bizarro is in the air, all i did was lock onto him with LT, then use RB to keep ramming into him over and over causing him damage. Holding down the right trigger with heat vision on doesnt hurt either. When he's on the ground just block and counter attack until he's in the air again. Then you'll engage in a button pressing mini game of sorts. After the third one he'll finally go down for good!

Metallo Mastered100
Stopped Metallo in the name of justice.

The first boss you fight when back in metropolis. The first few times you fight him aren't so hard. but eventually he'll start emanating this green kryptonite aura which doesn't let you touch him. now is the time to destroy all his minions and eventually he'll use that energy to revive them, and the aura will be down for a while. now unload you're combo's on him until he puts it up again. When he gets huge the only way to hurt him is to throw the flying minions he has around him right at him. Just freeze them and throw, over and over, until he launches the missile. Now just lock onto it and hold right bumper to speed after it, and you'll divert it, followed by a cut scene and the achievement.

Versatile Fighter30
Perform 99 fighting combos.

You should easily attain this while playing the campaign. Just make sure to use a lot of combo's while you fight minions and you'll get it in no time. I actually got it doing the Bizarro mini games, because every time you do the corkscrew or his Hold X attack, it counts as a combo, and you'll be doing these a lot.

Not that Super0
Entered a cheat code in a desperate plea for help.

I dont know why you would want this achievement, but if you do, here are the codes courtesy of Gamefaqs.com.

Anytime during gameplay after the Gladiator Battle first set, pause the game. Enter the following buttons to unlock the cheats. A Chime will confirm the code has been entered correctly.

Infinite Health (Metropolis) - Y, Right, Y, Right, Up, Left, Right, Y

Infinite Stamina - Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Y, X

Unlock All Costumes, Trophies, and Theater Items - Left, Up, Right, Down, Y, X, Y, Up, Right, X

Unlock All Moves - Left, Y, Right, X, Down, Y, Up, Down, X, Y, X

Hints and Tips

Easiest way to beat minions.

-Little robots- just use heat vision on them til they blow, shouldn't take long.

-Big Robots- Just Smash them up with your favorite combo's

-Flame Throwing Bots- I found it easy to just smash them like their non flame throwing counterparts

-Speedy Robots- I normally just heat vision them and they blow up quickly, but this leaves a lot of collateral damage to the city. so if you're worried about that you could try freezing them (i never did, i'm just guessing)

-Flying Robots- some people freeze them and throw them, but heat vision will take care of them much faster.

-Flying mutants (Fire)- these guys are easy. just lock onto them, and then use right bumper to fly right at them while using your frost breath at the same time. They'll freeze just before you hit them and it'll do way more damage taking each one out in one hit. just keep holding the left trigger, right bumper, and right trigger with frost breath, and you should just cycle them all. but be careful not to overshoot them with the crappy locking in this game.

-Flying mutants (frost)- these guys are immune to freeze breath, so just use your heat vision on them and they'll go down in no time.

-Ground mutants- The best way is to use heat vision on them in the air, and then drop in and take care of them with a quick combo after they turn into statues. just make sure that if they start spouting purple to either kill them quickly if you can (your judgment) or fly away really fast to avoid being knocked down and losing shit loads of energy.

-Weird Purple Aliens- These guys are easily taken out with combo's like the robots, but they usually swarm you and attack before you can finish a combo, so be careful and blow them away with super breath when necessary.

-Big Black and Yellow Aliens- these guys will take a few Combo's to take out, so make sure you take them on one at a time.

Mini-Bosses

-Plahtune- when this guy gets back from warworld, he'll normally fight you in... well... platoons of ten or more. but you can easily take him out with combo's at this point in the game. Its even easier if you freeze him first, he'll go down fast.

-weird guy that gets really big from warworld- yeah, this guys cake, just do combo's on him when he's in normal form, and then throw cars at him when he gets huge.

-Riot (guy that replicates himself 15 times)- whatever you do, don't punch this guy, it'll only make him create more of himself. Instead, use your freeze breath to freeze small groups of them if possible, then heat vision to take them out one by one.

(in case you didn't notice, i don't know the official names of several of these baddies. If you do, feel free to post them here and I'll edit the guide to include their official names.)

Best Combo to use (in my opinion)

This combo works especially well against bosses or big enemies, because it will allow you to continuously attack them without stopping or knocking them back.

Just use X, X, X, Y, X and instead of finishing it with another Y, press A to grab them. Either you'll grab them and press X three times to use "Foes hammer" or you wont grab them at all. This will normally allow you to start the same combo up again immediately without them ever attacking. If you don't grab them that is.

Finding Kittens and Mini Games

There are three different parts of the game to do this. In the very beginning of the game, when you'll fight almost no-one. This makes it really easy to take your time in searching for them without being attacked (what i did). In the post game chapter, in which you'll fight more people but not too many. Or in the middle of the story mode. At one point, the sky will get very dark and stormy. As you know, the Mini-games are bright blue and the kittens have a slight blue essence around them. Once you get to this point in the game, all the mini games and kittens become much more visible, but you will probably be attacked about every 5 seconds. so I'd recommend doing it early on. but feel free to try whatever you want.

Blimp Section

I just thought i'd put this here because people seem to have trouble. What might work a lot better than killing them all, is to just stay near the first blimp and constantly blow them away, killing only if its necessary. thanks to miiiguel for the tip.

Mini-Game Tips

There seem to be a lot of reports of glitches with these. So when you do them, make sure after you complete it to try it again, just to make sure that your high score registered the first time. This has prevented people from getting the achievement.

I thank you all again for all the information you've contributed. If there are any errors or methods in my guide I've stated incorrectly, feel free to add changes to this thread and I'll incorporate them into the guide. Good luck everyone

I'd really like this to be a Sticky. If the good people at X360A.org approve this guide, that is.

Last edited by Sergeant Kozi; 08-21-2007 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
Sergeant Kozi

I also noticed that the person who made the original guide was banned, so i don't think he'll mind too much
Old 08-07-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
Rocket

x2x rocket x2x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
For Super Sonic, I didn't do them in Order. I beat the first 5 of them, way outta order I believe I did the 3rd one first...then I did number 9,6,7,8...Also, the Apartment Complexes takes 45 minutes, 8 runs through while dying...which is by far easier than trying to catch and throw over and over again with the beams...
Old 08-07-2007, 02:56 AM   #5
ElementalSoBe

Elemental SoBe's Gamercard
weres the link for the kittens?

ElementalSoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:16 AM   #6
Sergeant Kozi

You misunderstood the I-beam thing. You don't actually throw it away, you drop it right in front of you. If you're back is close enough to a wall, when superman reels back to throw it (by pressing A) the I-beam hits the wall (behind him, not in front), and just drops, it's never thrown. If you set superman up correctly, He'll just drop and catch, drop and catch, very rapidly by you tapping A. No throwing away whatsoever. took me way less than 45 minutes. (wish i had the equipment to make a video and show everyone)

As for the "super sonic" achievement. You can't do them out of order. They don't appear on the map until you beat the previous one. I know because i tried to them out of order, (tried to do the one under the bypass right by the beginners boost or whatever its called. and it wasn't there until i beat the one before it on the list). You're game is either glitched or you're mistaken.

And I'm sorry i didn't put that link up yet, I'm on the road with my laptop right now and I'll be getting back tomorrow evening, so look for it late night tomorrow or Wednesday.

Last edited by Sergeant Kozi; 08-07-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #7
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
nice guide, deserve a sticky, imo.
Also wanted to add, if one's doing the races or any other mini-game, save as soon as you beat it, because I did a lot of races, then continued playing the main story, got unlucky and Metropolis went bye-bye, and chose restart chapter and all my race times disappeared, it started way before I did them. Had to do them all over again, which sucked.

And: on the blimps, I think there's an easier way (did 1st time), don't kill the dragons, just blow them away. Keep close to one blimp at a time, and all dragons will be close to you and that blimp, keep blowing them away. Eventually one will go down, but by than you allready gained a lot of time. I finished with 2 blimps and didn't kill a single dragon.

Last edited by miiiguel; 08-19-2007 at 09:21 PM.
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:37 AM   #8
Sergeant Kozi

thanks a lot for the feedback. I appreciate your support! I'll edit the guide to feature your hints right away. thanks again.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #9
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
Versatile Fighter is even more easier than what you listed. I just started playing the game in the area where you fight the 2 mini bosses and then you Fight Mogul.

On Mogul, just hold "B", and keep pressing the left thumstick to do the speeding bullet. Combine that with Surprise Exchange and you'll unlock the achievement in no time.

Last edited by DarqStalker; 09-09-2007 at 01:26 AM.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
Chilidog Chaos
Banned User

stiff bon air's Gamercard
Ya much better than the one kam made a while back. Replace, replace!
Chilidog Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #11
Bullet2theface

Send a message via MSN to Bullet2theface

Bullet2theface's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you enter cheat codes will you still be able to get achievements?

Great guide btw.

ll Halo 3 semi PRO ll
Bullet2theface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #12
killerofdafish

Killerofdafish's Gamercard
Yes you will still be able to get the achievements.

killerofdafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #13
InternetGangsta

CrazierTyler S's Gamercard
Great Guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
InternetGangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #14
Sergeant Kozi

Support

I wanna thank everyone for the support in my first achievement guide. I also wanted to subtly hint at the moderators that my guide has received lots of praise, and that it has nearly as many views as the original guide. Make the lives of gamers easier by making this guide the official one please.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #15
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Excellent guide, well, I only used it for the kittens, but none the less, excellent, I only wish my heat vision worked and I was able to incinerate those stupid ass cats...

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:06 AM   #16
Ios Matthew

Send a message via AIM to Ios Matthew

Ios Matthew's Gamercard
This is pretty good guide. Its better than the last one.
Ios Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #17
Eric78DX

EA2YDUZIT's Gamercard
Great guide. I was curious about some of these missions and you've answered all the questions with this easy read!
Eric78DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:26 AM   #18
Pope Smear

Pope Smear's Gamercard
Thumbs up

I must say that this guide is far superior to the one currently in place. It was invaluable to my grind on this game
Pope Smear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #19
H20
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to H20

I I H20 I I's Gamercard
Exclamation moderators need to switch the guides!!

it took me a while to find this guide instead of the other. but im glad i did the other one is usless everything says self explainitory lol thank god maybe i can finish this game now. amazing guide moderators need to switch them!!!
H20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #20
SpideR NY

S0DA POPINSKI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah I also say this should replace the other guide. Just because someone made a guide first, doesnt mean it needs to be the official one. That other guide was garbage.

Shooter of the moment - MW3 (sucks IMO)

RPG of the moment - Skyrim & Bastion

Game's I going for achievements in right now - None
SpideR NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #21
DireStraits1983

I can't open the links of the Kittens locations (15-50, 50-85 and 85-100) cannot open them from original website also.
DireStraits1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #22
ImAKing1987

Im A King 1987's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchannon37 View Post
Excellent guide, well, I only used it for the kittens, but none the less, excellent, I only wish my heat vision worked and I was able to incinerate those stupid ass cats...
yeah I gotta ask, what the hell is with all the cats? I mean Spider-man had save people from falling to there death, collect the skyscraper tokens and catch little kids balloons, and what do they give Superman to save....some lame ass kittens. Sorry I just found it really weird. This guide is great to say the least, I will continue my kitty search when I get my system back from being repaired. ( I hate you Red Ring Of Death)
ImAKing1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #23
krillgar

krillgar's Gamercard
Awesome guide. Thanks so much. However, the Heavy Lifting took me far longer than what you said. I started with 5 million pounds lifted, and it took another hour or so using your method. Perhaps you started with more weight, or I grabbed a different I-beam or something. Either way, thanks!
krillgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #24
Legendtaker117

Legend A47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
nice guide, seriously. i was about to give up no those kittens, but now that I know that there is very little amount of battles int eh beginning, I will be starting over.
Legendtaker117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #25
Gladiator

Gladiator Jay's Gamercard
Very handy and a great guide, i have been meaning to replay this

Working On: Orange Box, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead (2)

Wanted List:

Resi 5
Sid Meirs Civilisation
Destroy all humans

Cheap achievement games + Fallout 3 DLC - See my garagesale!
Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:17 AM   #26
Sergeant Kozi

Many Thanks

Ok, I admit, i didn't exactly keep checking on my guide and answer questions that some people posted. Thanks to those who answered them for me. All that aside i'd like to thank everyone for making my guide a huge success. My name might not be officially on the guide, but practically all of the old guide was replaced with my information in the official link for the guide. I can only thank all the people who praised my first guide and got it noticed by the moderators. So thank you all very much.

Also, even though i doubt anyone plays this game anymore, in the next few months, (don't know when), I will have the necessary equipment to record videos off my x-box, and simply because so many people have asked me details, or my method didn't work as well for them as it did for me, i'll be making a video for the "Heavy Lifting" Achievement. Although i doubt it'll be much help anymore. Thanks again!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #27
Moonshine

Togidubnus's Gamercard
Thumbs up

guide works perfect, i needed some extra flying arround to get my 1000 but its all done, thx
Moonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #28
anton_bp

antonhbp's Gamercard
help!

i have completed the game but i cant get any achievments even though i beated the bosses nad the tornado, i have cheats on but i said it would work with them on, i didnt get the "not that super" achievment either. Also i flied over 10 000 miles but i just dont get it...

Last edited by anton_bp; 01-15-2009 at 07:08 PM.
anton_bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #29
quickvolt

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Kozi View Post
Ok, I admit, i didn't exactly keep checking on my guide and answer questions that some people posted. Thanks to those who answered them for me. All that aside i'd like to thank everyone for making my guide a huge success. My name might not be officially on the guide, but practically all of the old guide was replaced with my information in the official link for the guide. I can only thank all the people who praised my first guide and got it noticed by the moderators. So thank you all very much.

Also, even though i doubt anyone plays this game anymore, in the next few months, (don't know when), I will have the necessary equipment to record videos off my x-box, and simply because so many people have asked me details, or my method didn't work as well for them as it did for me, i'll be making a video for the "Heavy Lifting" Achievement. Although i doubt it'll be much help anymore. Thanks again!

please do man, i have the game and im still tryna get the acheivments, idk how to get the heavy liftin acheivments so it would be a real help if sum1 made a video
quickvolt
quickvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 AM   #30
rockyjo3

roc001's Gamercard
For the lifting achievement can't you just pick up a beam and then press "B" to drop it, instead of backing up to buildings and throwing them?
rockyjo3 is offline   Reply With Quote