PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Age of Booty
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 AM   #1
Killer66250

Iguaina's Gamercard
Medium 7 Is A Complete And Utter Joke.

I have fucking had it with this game. I must have spent 4 hours minimum on this one challenge alone. I've followed every single guide there is and I cannot do it. If I go for the lower towns the Greens come and own me, I get the exact same scenario if I try to take the higher towns but with the Brown team. The last game I ended was a stalemate with both me and the Greens owning 4 towns each. If you have any hints or tips which you could give I would really appreciate it.

3rd In The UK To 200/200 In Uno Rush, 13th In The World.

Last edited by Killer66250; 08-10-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Updating Time Spent Trying.
Killer66250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sadly it seems that luck is the one main factor that needs to come into play to win the 7th mission. I have gotten stuck at the exact same place and the green pirates always ends up being super strong almost at ones. Reading comments and guides indicates that this is what normally happens but that sometimes the worthless AI ally actually does something useful and then tips the balance or something like that. Really hate this mission to.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Hutchy27

hutchy27's Gamercard
i'll i gotta say is or she
Hutchy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:39 AM   #4
juniormint52884

juniormint52884's Gamercard
The way I did this challenge the first time was to only take one town to start, then collect nearby crates and blow up enemy ships until you can upgrade the town to max. This will allow it to hold off most enemy attacks. Do the same thing again for the next town. At this point you'll be getting kinda low on time, but you should have a pretty powerful ship with maxed out cannons and armor. Just try and take the weakest towns remaining, and remember to try to let the teammate AI upgrade their ship once in awhile so they aren't totally useless.

100% Arcade: Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Brain Challenge, Worms, Outpost Kaloki X, Aegis Wing, UNO, Penny Arcade Episode One
juniormint52884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
Nuffzx

Nuffzx's Gamercard
Ok, start off and upgrade your cannon twice. Then go straight down and capture Hamilton. Just focus defending that and wait abit you should now have enough to upgrade your town once. Now chill around and kill the loser ships and pick up some of there stuff on the way to the town on the right; Tinwald. Capture that, now stand between that and Hamilton, kill other ships that go for your town. Destory other stuff for resouces and you should be able to upgrade your ship do so with the cannon. Now you should have enough to upgrade a town again do so with the bottom one again (Hamiltion). Now just farm awhile untill you get 2upgrades for your other town and upgrade your speed to max and armor if you can. By time you finshed upgraded your other town to the max, you will want to just attack other towns now just keep going to one town to another after destroying it don't worry if they go back to capture it just keep destroying there's and capturing it and go round and round doing this, and you should capture enuff to win or if not you'll win on time.

Hope this helps and if you done what's said it should work.

Nuffzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
willer wallow

pattonfever666's Gamercard
i still can't seem to do it!!!
willer wallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
I am Cunslow

I Am Cunslow's Gamercard
Just did it first time after read this post, upgrade cannon x2, take hamilton, make use of all resources around you/ merchants, get it upgraded to level 3 as soon as u can then move on to the right town, repeat the pattern, never leave between the two towns u should have a nice upgraded ship in the process, in the end we won 5-1-0 and had 4 of the 5 towns level 3, with 6 minutes left on the clock.

another good tip: save up your gold and trees so that when you go for the next town u can upgrade it twice instantly, puts the ai off a treat from attacking.
I am Cunslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffzx View Post
Ok, start off and upgrade your cannon twice. Then go straight down and capture Hamilton. Just focus defending that and wait abit you should now have enough to upgrade your town once. Now chill around and kill the loser ships and pick up some of there stuff on the way to the town on the right; Tinwald. Capture that, now stand between that and Hamilton, kill other ships that go for your town. Destory other stuff for resouces and you should be able to upgrade your ship do so with the cannon. Now you should have enough to upgrade a town again do so with the bottom one again (Hamiltion). Now just farm awhile untill you get 2upgrades for your other town and upgrade your speed to max and armor if you can. By time you finshed upgraded your other town to the max, you will want to just attack other towns now just keep going to one town to another after destroying it don't worry if they go back to capture it just keep destroying there's and capturing it and go round and round doing this, and you should capture enuff to win or if not you'll win on time.

Thanks. Worked like a charm. I did take the left town though instead of the Tinwald. Did take Tinwald later then.
Cringer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
RenegadeFlanker

RenegadeFlanker's Gamercard
this strategy is bullshit by the time the game was over i had 1 town left
RenegadeFlanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #10
LethalEdge

LethalEdge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffzx View Post

Cheers dude, this did the trick even if I did capture my 4th town with 30 seconds left and then won on time!

Just gotta do 5 more hard challenges now!

100,000G - 15th February 2012.
LethalEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #11
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Been on this for ages! Tried the defending tactic and keep drawing! So now am going for the offensive tactic hope it works!

Most Recent: The Wolf Among Us [500]
ADenton109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Worked well for me.. was the last mission I needed.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
Is it completely stupid that a medium challenge seems to give people more problems than the hard?

I've tried just about everything I can to win this but can't I tried following the guide above but whenever I play the game doesn't seem to spawn crates, merchant ships or villages in the bottom half of the map. Means I can't get any resources...and if I do save up enough to upgrade a town twice then i get a swarm of enemy ships come in and 3 of them take out my town in about 10 seconds!

I am about a hairs width away from smashing my xbox up because of this stupid game. To all games developers out there...these games are supposed to be fun! Challeneging but fun...NOT COMPLETELY USELESS!

Also, what's the point in having a "teammate" if you can't control it in even the slightest way...like setting it to follow you of defend a town or something.
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - 16/06/2014
AccidentReport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
Achievement Hunt3r

lukasssssss's Gamercard
I got this challenge with a simple strategy at my second attempt. It is similar to the one Nuffzx posted. 1. Keep in mind to just upgrade your ship.(upgrade 2x cannon, 3x speed, 1xcannon and the armor at the end) 2. just concentrate most of your attention on getting resources out of the villages, destroying merchant ships and collecting crates. 3. and very unorthodox let the enemies capture the towns and then destroy them. (try to keep your attention on only the bottom towns, because after capturing one town you will most likely try to capture another one, so you have to regenerate your health quickly, so the enemy won't upgrade them)

Important things to get not overwhelmed: 1. let the enemy capture a town, after the ships moved on to another attack their town ASAP 2. never try to steal a town while there are ships in the near surroundings. 3. keep your eye on how many towns your enemy has and how far there are upgraded (upgraded enemy towns are too strong without any armor upgradings) and try to keep your enemys under 3 towns, but if an enemy town is too far away(never happened to me) you should ignore it, it will most likely destroied by the other enemy.
Of course you will lose many towns while using this strategy, but you will be not depended on your AI partner.

I hope this strategy helped you and I find this strategy works even if you are unlucky.
I tried to stucture this a little bit and tried to keep it a bit general, so you guys just have to keep some important things in mind so you can react on specific situations.
If this helped you or not it would be nice if you message me and verify or disclaim the success of this strategy.
Achievement Hunt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #15
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
Damn, feel sorry for everyone that is havin probs with this stage because I got it so ridiculously easy, mostly because my AI partner did all the hardwork.

Only upgraded my ship twice, and Hamilton once!

All I did my upgrade twice my cannons and headed south straight away to take over the town. I died and quickly went back to retake it with full health.
Once it was in my possession, I would go around picking up supplies to upgrade the town.
Also, the other pirates were too busy fightin each other so I only saw about 3 ships sail south during the entire time
The AI went around conquering towns for me.

5 towns captured and 9 mins left on the clock.

I would say it wasn't skill that won it for me, but luck. Damn good luck!

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #16
Strider16

DanHTFC's Gamercard
Thanks for all the tips here. With a mixture of them and some last minute luck, the surprising last minute move by my team AI and a bomb, I just held on to get it.

Thanks again.
Strider16 is offline   Reply With Quote