Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #31
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketman316 View Post
how do you apply for jobs on the site?
Occasionally there will be a contest or open try-outs for a spot on the staff. However most of the time members are asked to join the staff based on their contributions to the site. As far as being a moderator goes, it's clearly stated in the forum rules as follows:
Quote:
When the Admins feel the site needs new moderators, we will add new moderators. We will also choose the new mods, so please do not ask. This is a pretty much guaranteed way to never become a mod. As is having an infraction or not following the rules.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #32
SunOfHell NL

Send a message via MSN to SunOfHell NL

SunOfHell NL's Gamercard
how?

How you get to the achievements case page ? I searched every where
Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #33
tmcmullen08

tmcmullen08's Gamercard
According to this thread, it says that signature pictures must be between 500 and 300 pixels. I have been trying to upload one at something like 486 and 100 and it won't let me. Why is this?

EDIT: Apparently it wouldn't except the file from photobucket, but if I downsized it and saved it to my computer, it seemed to work. So nevermind.
Reach - 1672/1700
CEA - 845/1000

GEARS OF WAR
1 - 1140/1250
2 - 1750/1750
3 - 1435/2000

Last edited by tmcmullen08; 06-02-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #34
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Occasionally there will be a contest or open try-outs for a spot on the staff. However most of the time members are asked to join the staff based on their contributions to the site. As far as being a moderator goes, it's clearly stated in the forum rules as follows:
That's good to know, many thanks for your time.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #35
Giof007

Giof 007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcmullen08 View Post
According to this thread, it says that signature pictures must be between 500 and 300 pixels. I have been trying to upload one at something like 486 and 100 and it won't let me. Why is this?

EDIT: Apparently it wouldn't except the file from photobucket, but if I downsized it and saved it to my computer, it seemed to work. So nevermind.
I'm having the same problem, but nothing seems to work. I think everything is fine, but the picture never shows up for some reason.

Could someone give me a hand please?

This is the pic if anyone needs it
http://otrapartida.com/wp-content/up...m-Jim-xbox.jpg

Thanks in advance
Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #36
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giof007 View Post
I'm having the same problem, but nothing seems to work. I think everything is fine, but the picture never shows up for some reason.

Could someone give me a hand please?

This is the pic if anyone needs it
http://otrapartida.com/wp-content/up...m-Jim-xbox.jpg

Thanks in advance
Just to start with, your image is too tall by 100 pixels. The requirements are 500 pixels in width, 300 pixels in height. You need to host your images on a site such as photobucket, tinypic etc. Copy the url image from your hosting site and use the following code in your signature.

Quote:
[IMG]URL HERE[/IMG]
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #37
Giof007

Giof 007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
Just to start with, your image is too tall by 100 pixels. The requirements are 500 pixels in width, 300 pixels in height. You need to host your images on a site such as photobucket, tinypic etc. Copy the url image from your hosting site and use the following code in your signature.
I'm really sorry about that, I meant my profile picture, not my sig...

I think it might work now though, I will let you know, but I resized it to 100x75 on photobucket, and the requirements are 100x100 so lets see!

FAIL! haha, thats strange, at least it pops up in the thread. thanks for helping and sorry for the bother.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #38
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giof007 View Post
I'm really sorry about that, I meant my profile picture, not my sig...

I think it might work now though, I will let you know, but I resized it to 100x75 on photobucket, and the requirements are 100x100 so lets see!

FAIL! haha, thats strange, at least it pops up in the thread. thanks for helping and sorry for the bother.
Ah okay, sorry I misunderstood. You may find that the image was too big in the first place. The image size was probably also over 64kbs.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #39
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunOfHell NL View Post
How you get to the achievements case page ? I searched every where
When you log in from the main page, located up in the left hand corner it will say "My Profile" directly under where it says "My Checklists". Go ahead and click [HERE]. Once your profile has loaded, simply scroll down to where it will display your Achievement Case. You can click "(Edit)" to edit any items within the achievement case.

Hope this helps out.

Last edited by Ingles; 06-03-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #40
TezIce

TezIce's Gamercard
Thanks, this really helped.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #41
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
ok hey i was wondering if i can re rate a game... i poorly rated halo 3 cause i didnt use to like it ,but i like it alot now so i want to change my rating, is it possible?
Achievements-86% Points-84%
80,000 on 8-30-14

Last edited by dragonpwnr99; 06-11-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
hedmunky

HedMunky84's Gamercard
Is there not a way to just link your achievements, instead of having to check them 1 by 1?? If not Hey!! XBOX360ACHIEVEMENTS.ORG, that would be a cool and handy feature to work on. The new program Raptr tracks everything like all your games and achievements. Look into how they do it and implement it into your awesome website.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #43
DefenderEchoaz

Defender Echoaz's Gamercard
thanks a bunch for the help! exactly what i was looking for
Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #44
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedmunky View Post
Is there not a way to just link your achievements, instead of having to check them 1 by 1?? If not Hey!! XBOX360ACHIEVEMENTS.ORG, that would be a cool and handy feature to work on. The new program Raptr tracks everything like all your games and achievements. Look into how they do it and implement it into your awesome website.
No, as we have said time and time again there is no way for us to access that information without breaching Microsoft's TOS. Other sites that do obtain this information Screen Scrape which violates the terms between Microsoft and other websites.

We are apart of the Developer program but we do not have access to any such feeds which offer achievements. It may happen in the future but until that happens the checklists will be manual.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #45
AtomicGherkin

AtomicGherkin's Gamercard
Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I'm new here and this answered a few questions for me.

Cheers OP
Old 06-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #46
Vandel Buster

Vandel Buster's Gamercard
Don't know if someone said it some point near the bottom of the first page, but I tried accessing the link in the first post on how to write the achievement guide and it said invalid link. I didn't check the others, but if you want, I can do it and report if others are.

Edit:
I did open the Submission Rules thread and the link to writing the achievement guides works in that thread. So, just the link in the first post appears to not be working.

Last edited by Vandel Buster; 06-18-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #47
Polak

POLAK fr06's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
E74 is not just an AV cable error. Were it so easy.

It can also be a problem with the graphics card or the scaler chip between the two.

Might want to edit that.

Also, great job on this.
He's right, I ve got a E74 error, try three other cables but still have the same problem. Try my cable on an other xbox360, it works perfectly.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #48
candygod118

know this is going to sound stupid, but what is spam?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #49
Stephens34

I have 31 posts and I can't link my gamertag. I can update my Achievement Case, Checklists, Wishlists and Collection but I can't link my gamertag...

Also my brother got his posting privileges lost and he has no idea why. His name is Tyler282514 and his gamertag is XavierHenry13. He had over 75 post. If a mod or Webb can connect via private message him that would be nice.

Last edited by Stephens34; 06-29-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #50
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

I actually appreciate the rules with having to apply 10 posts. I hate reading through other forums and having to sift through the spam that is too often flooding readers comments and wasting time for everyone.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #51
A Cow

Zesty Cow's Gamercard
can some give me a link to help me with my problem with my animated avatar , or just a guide how to do it , been searching cant find anything , maybe ive been typing in the wrong keywords? thanks in advance

thanks to WhIpLaSh 014 for the sig
100k gamerscore- 7/31/2012
Old 07-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #52
Shubz

NinETaiLShuBZ's Gamercard
thx 4 the info
Old 07-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #53
GruffGangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
X360A Ultimate FAQ

This guide should help clear up a lot of repeat questions. The following information will guide you towards the answers you may be looking for, if there is something missing please let me know.

Getting Started: Some of you have probably asked some of these questions before so here are a few threads to cover everything you need from profile maintenance to achievement guide preparation.

!!! IMPORTANT PROFILE CHANGE !!!

=========================

All new users will have to make 10 posts as a minimum requirement before they can edit their profile details. This includes: Gamertags, Signatures, Avatars etc.

DO NOT SPAM YOUR WAY TO 10 POSTS.

=========================

Posts & Threads

Before you jump in and start making posts always use the search function, if you can't find anything look around the forum before posting. There are a few threads that you'll see in each individual game forum. Read how to use the stickies before making new threads.

• Search before you post
  • Don't double post
  • Abusive posts are not tolerated
  • Do not bump threads
If those basic posting rules aren't enough here is a list of forum/site rules for your to look over. Breaching these rules will lead to either infractions or a ban depending on your offense so make sure you know them and use common sense at all times.

Forum/Site Rules

Posting

Guide Writing

Reporting Issues: If you either run into an issue with a member or find a mistake on the website these links may be useful.

Broken/Missing

Member Issues

After reading through these threads you should be an expert in maintaining your profile. You also know everything about achievement guides, roadmaps and all the other small but interesting parts to this forum.

Getting Tech: There are quite a few technical based questions and plenty of threads to answer your questions. There are plenty of threads which may have answered your questions but there are other resources which may prove useful.

There are a lot of technical questions to ask so dig through the tech forum to see if anyone else has asked what your looking for.

Graphics: If your after a custom signature you can find a large group of talented users who will be able to aid your requests. If you have any other graphic based questions you can also find tutorials and ask for help with your own projects.

Game Related: If you want to find out game specific information the following threads may prove useful.

If you have any questions regarding a certain game please post those questions in the forum for that game.

thanks for that it really helped me out
Old 07-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #54
Kolma

Kolma's Gamercard
Very informative thanks
Old 07-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #55
luffy

Send a message via MSN to luffy

XMXHITMANXMX's Gamercard
it happened to me the first time i joined here i wasn't able to change/edit anything until i posted 11 times , then everything wen't normal and by the way if i invite people who do i get the award 'word of mouth' ? , i don't think that anybody would know that i invited them.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #56
samfisher116

I Liick Niinjas's Gamercard
thanks for this fizmatix. i wanted to know how to make a guide for army of two 40th day and couldnt find out xD thankx
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #57
Mean M

Mean M's Gamercard
Thanks for the info, but you should really check some other post since they say you only need five post not ten.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #58
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean M View Post
Thanks for the info, but you should really check some other post since they say you only need five post not ten.
Things have changed a lot and I haven't yet got around to updating this. I need to re-do some of the links and information as well. Some have been replaced or are now out of date and no longer required.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #59
ZombieFood

Rescued Limb's Gamercard
Wow.

This is put together really well. Makes it easy for noobs like me.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #60
Fpvgt06

Ford FPVGT's Gamercard
Smile

WOW never knew what that 1 red light ment every time i start my 360 up that light comes on and normally have to turn on and off untill it goe's away and the painful thing is its a MW2 Limited Edition Console,looks like i need a new hard drive.
Very helpful post thanks
Closed Thread