PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
Mr 4T7

Mr 4T7's Gamercard
Best Character Combo for Hardcore

I have done the Arctic and Desert on Hardcore sofar and I am finding Shadow Storm and Heavy Duty is the best char combo yet.

Anyone have any better combos they think work better?
Mr 4T7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Sleezy M F E

Sleezy M F E's Gamercard
I've been using Ripcord because his turrets are incredible for staying in cover, also Agent Helix's shield can be very effective.
Sleezy M F E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
NOTswaggers
Banned User

swaggers's Gamercard
Ripcord and GungHo if there are Soldier doors, Scarlett and GungHo for Commando. I find Scarlett's homing arrows to be very effective at clearing enemies in a pinch but her health is too low to make her my #1.
NOTswaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
Scrapdaddy

Scrapdaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've pretty much used Baroness and Heavy Duty, with Baroness as my #1. Maybe it's all in my head but she seems faster than everyone else and her alternate attack is also fast and does decent damage immediately since it's just a single shot (vs say heavy duty where its a couple of concentrated blasts). The only time I've switched this team up is when I had to fight serpent viper armor, then I'd swap Heavy Duty with Backblast since his regular mortar attack is kinda like an AOE attack and it hits them in the back without having to roll behind them first. I'll park Baroness behind cover as P1, then let the comp P2 stand there and launch mortars while getting shot in the face. He can't die if you arent playing him and usually takes them down in a couple of shots.
Scrapdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
BOPho3nix

BOPho3nix's Gamercard
My 2 cents are for Heady Duty and BackBlast. Especially Back Blast, the dude is a beast. Once you are close enough to an enemy his gun doesnt lob anymore, and it knocks everyone nearby down. So even for like the yellow robot dudes you just get up close and shoot 3-4 times and they are dead. So far I am only halfway through the Jungle but this has worked so far. Just beat the Firefly fight without ever having to switch characters or even getting touched.
BOPho3nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTswaggers View Post
Ripcord and GungHo if there are Soldier doors, Scarlett and GungHo for Commando. I find Scarlett's homing arrows to be very effective at clearing enemies in a pinch but her health is too low to make her my #1.
Yeah I gotta agree with Swaggers. Arctic and Desert were cake using this combo, although I havent done the Jungle or Tundra missions yet.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:42 AM   #7
Sleezy M F E

Sleezy M F E's Gamercard
I've been using a Ripcord / Backblast combo and it's been meatsack, I can't believe no one else is pimping Ripcord when you can have the turrets do all the work.

Throw turret

Hide around corner

Get kills

Yooooooooooooooo Joe!
Sleezy M F E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
HalfEVILmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleezy M F E View Post
I've been using a Ripcord / Backblast combo and it's been meatsack, I can't believe no one else is pimping Ripcord when you can have the turrets do all the work.

Throw turret

Hide around corner

Get kills

Yooooooooooooooo Joe!
Ripcord is definitely key with all of those Bats. Does Backblast's weapon make the enemies fall over like Gung-Ho? That is the main reason I have been using Gung-Ho because it buys you some time.

Off-topic question: I went a man down on Hardcore and then finished the level. I was still able to get the GI Joe rating. My question is, does the game penalize you points-wise if you do go man down on Hardcore?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
Darth Trom

Darth Trom's Gamercard
I've been using destro/baroness
Darth Trom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #10
braceyoself

IbraceyoselfI's Gamercard
I'm using Ripcord and BackBlast. Pretty efficient. Especially now that I found out that I can switch back and forth between both characters using the R1 button. Hahaha. I should have read the manual.
braceyoself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #11
nightmare452

Neonightmare6's Gamercard
I would say Backblast as the main guy, he is too powerful once in close range. What takes minutes to kill takes seconds with him if used right.

Others, I would say either Snake Eyes (his slash attack has great power and range), Heavy Duty (for just raining down direct fire), Agent Helix (her shield has saved me numerous times) or Destro (has a direct rocket launcher, not as powerful as Backblast's, but strong still). Ripcord is ok, but I never used his turret much.
nightmare452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #12
darthcoutz

MAST3R S0L0's Gamercard
Baroness and Firefly is the best combo to use for hardcore. They kicked ass for me
darthcoutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #13
HondaDr

HondaDr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by braceyoself View Post
I'm using Ripcord and BackBlast. Pretty efficient. Especially now that I found out that I can switch back and forth between both characters using the R1 button. Hahaha. I should have read the manual.
LOL, thats a good one!
HondaDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #14
aussiestatic
Banned User

Ripcord and Gung Ho. I did every single mission using these two. (playes as ripcord tho)
Ripcord is by far the best charcater b ecause his special attack deploys a small drone on the floor which draws enemy fire allowing you to flank/have free shots at the enemy.

Gungho will shoot grenades and will knock down the enemy for you and is very effective against turrets and non moving targets.
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #15
toxictaz
Banned User

TOXIC TAZ's Gamercard
i kinda think heavy and the red laser guy. cant remember name at the moment. im just struggling getting the GI joe rank on the first lvl.
toxictaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
Levex817

Levex817's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiestatic View Post
Ripcord and Gung Ho. I did every single mission using these two. (playes as ripcord tho)
Ripcord is by far the best charcater b ecause his special attack deploys a small drone on the floor which draws enemy fire allowing you to flank/have free shots at the enemy.

Gungho will shoot grenades and will knock down the enemy for you and is very effective against turrets and non moving targets.
Thanks for the tip on Gung-Ho, I was using Ripcord and Backblast the whole game until the last level and just couldnt get passed it, until I read this and switched to Gung-Ho. Got through the rest of the game first try after this.
Levex817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictaz View Post
i kinda think heavy and the red laser guy. cant remember name at the moment. im just struggling getting the GI joe rank on the first lvl.
Dont bother with the first level, just get GIJoe rank on the rest and you'll have enough points.

I used classic Scarlet and a heavy guy, usually Heavy Duty until I unlocked Backblast. Fun game despite its flaws.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #18
M85A21
Banned User

Oldedog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Baroness and Backblast.

Baroness is way easier for clearing groups with her specials.
M85A21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #19
HalfEVILmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by M85A21 View Post
Baroness and Backblast.

Baroness is way easier for clearing groups with her specials.
Yeah I didnt realize how much damage she deals until I played with her today. Holy sh*t she will clear the fu*king room with her special
Old 04-25-2010, 04:01 AM   #20
letum

L3tum's Gamercard
I'm going to have to agree with BOPho3nix, Heavy Duty and Backblast seem to be the best combo.
letum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #21
letum

L3tum's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by letum View Post
I'm going to have to agree with BOPho3nix, Heavy Duty and Backblast seem to be the best combo.
Now that I have completed the game and have all the character I'm going to have to change my idea on the best combo. The best combo by far is Baroness and Heavy Duty. I haven't come up against anything she can't kill in short order.
letum is offline   Reply With Quote