PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Shadow Complex
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
StephenJ360

Darth Drizsle's Gamercard
Metroid Lookalike

So I just finished watching the 12 minutes of SC, and a few other videos, and I gotta say, this game looks EXACTLY like Metroid Zero Mission. Well of course with a few changes considering it's 2009, and it's on the 360. I am extremely excited about this game, and I can only hope that more than just one achievement title (My head a-splode), will nod toward the book. While the world in which you play looks like the world you see in the novel, I'm hoping you'll see characters, or hear about characters throughout the book to give you a general time frame of when the game takes place and such. This is going to be a great game, and I definitely hope that it takes downloadable game of the year.
StephenJ360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
diseptikon

At first i wasnt sure if you were saying Metroid lookalike in a good or bad way, but now that I know where your head is at I agree completely. There have been very very few games on live arcade that I have actually looked forward to and this one takes the cake.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
InkedUp

Send a message via MSN to InkedUp

InkedUp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Haven't seen the 12 minute video yet, but I will check it out as soon as I get off of work. From everything I have seen about this game, it is going to be awesome. I haven't been excited about a Live Arcade game since launch, but this one has me counting down till the 19th.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Marth989

Xi Blockie's Gamercard
I totally agree, I love the Metroid series [2D, 3D kinda sucked]. I can only hope this is half as good, one thing I will say though is that I'm still not quite sure on the whole switching to full 3D bits. I believe some sonic games did this and blew hard, hopefully this wont.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
StephenJ360

Darth Drizsle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth989 View Post
I will say though is that I'm still not quite sure on the whole switching to full 3D bits. I believe some sonic games did this and blew hard, hopefully this wont.
I don't think you have much to worry about there, because the 3D sequences that I've seen previews of have been all action scenes that couldn't possibly be played out any other way. And also it gives the game a sense of variety and spicing it up. I think the complete opposite of you about these, because i think those sequences may be some of the most standout scenes of the game, and hopefully remarkable. Although you do make a really good point... I could be wrong and it could prevent the game from getting a perfect score, haha.

Now I may just be over hyping this game because I'm a huge fan of Empire, but I think the game will do it every bit of the justice it deserves.
StephenJ360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #6
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth989 View Post
I totally agree, I love the Metroid series [2D, 3D kinda sucked]. I can only hope this is half as good, one thing I will say though is that I'm still not quite sure on the whole switching to full 3D bits. I believe some sonic games did this and blew hard, hopefully this wont.
3D Metroids ruled But anyways yeah, I hope this game fills the gap before they make another real Metroid game.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote