PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Shadow Complex
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-20-2009, 03:00 AM   #31
Trips

Tripts's Gamercard
Minimalist is confusing the hell out of me.

I just completed the game with 14%. I got the needed stuff besides for the gold bar you need to get.

When you say skip helm and gun, can you give a bit more detail. Is the helm what allow you to breathe underwater, and which gun? The final one (shotgun) like weapon. I tried to avoid it but the damn thing forced me to get that... looking back at it, the gun put me at 13% and had I known to go to the lake I would have been able to avoid it.

I also believe it put me at 14%... so theoretically you can have every single part of the suit (including the helm) so long as you do not pick up the final rifle.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:52 AM   #32
HeyKnee

HeyKnee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacokorn77 View Post
.::STORY::.

The collectible in question is in the yellow box. According to their legend, this is a passkey. There are no destructible areas around it, so I assume it is in the elevator shaft above the elevator itself. There is a way underneath the elevator to bring to the ground floor, but the only way that I can see to get back to the top is to traverse across the lake above. Problem is, get too far in the game, and you won't be able to traverse the lake, due to the final boss battle. So it seems you should clear out the purple area before getting to far ahead of yourself to be on the safe side. And no, I do not have this one myself. If anyone knows how to get it without going across the lake, please let me know.

I'll try my best to explain this one myself. You do NOT actually have to go all the way around to get this passkey, you don't even have to leave the elevator shaft. However you come to it, you need the elevator to be on the bottom and then get underneath of it. Ride it up from underneath and then shoot out the two vents on the sides. Still hanging on to the bottom of the elevator, start it going down and immediately let go to drop and hang onto one of the two vents just below where you are. Climb into whichever vent you fall on and let the elevator pass by, climb out and ride the elevator to the top. There is then a decent length of tunnel to climb through but you can get to it easily enough. If you take the same route back then it's the same idea, instead you'll start the elevator going up and then climb back into a vent and let the elevator pass by.

Good Luck

25K - June 3, 2009
50K - June 11, 2010
HeyKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:27 AM   #33
bawj

bawj bawj's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKnee View Post
I'll try my best to explain this one myself. You do NOT actually have to go all the way around to get this passkey, you don't even have to leave the elevator shaft. However you come to it, you need the elevator to be on the bottom and then get underneath of it. Ride it up from underneath and then shoot out the two vents on the sides. Still hanging on to the bottom of the elevator, start it going down and immediately let go to drop and hang onto one of the two vents just below where you are. Climb into whichever vent you fall on and let the elevator pass by, climb out and ride the elevator to the top. There is then a decent length of tunnel to climb through but you can get to it easily enough. If you take the same route back then it's the same idea, instead you'll start the elevator going up and then climb back into a vent and let the elevator pass by.

Good Luck
yeah I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, I cant believe people actually went all the way around lol
bawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #34
Renesis

Guilty115's Gamercard
Just finished Minimalist at 11%. Here are all the items I got by the end of the game.

INVENTORY

WEAPONS
-Climbing Gear
-CLD Thrust Pack
-Omega Armor XOS-7
-SCHCA Mask
-Friction Dampener
EQUIPMENT
-Flashlight
-WSAR60 Coil Rifle
-Grenade
-Missile
-Foam

PICKUPS
Health Upgrades 0/8
Armor Upgrades 0/8
Grenade Packs 1/30
Foam Packs 1/20
Missile Packs 1/20
Gold Bars 1/12
Passkeys 0/12

When you check your screens, this is what you should have if you wanna be safe and beat it at 11%.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #35
Apexeus

Apexeus's Gamercard
This may be repeating another post, sorry (haven't read the full thread).

Bomba Punta is boostable. Get to a save point, preferably with nearby Bombas. Let the game save, go out, punt the bomba (if it's on a wall, shoot it down), return to save point to save your game. Pause and Load Last Save. Rinse and repeat.

This can also be done for Lets Get Punchy and My Head A-splode.

Obviously these is an easy achievement to do legit anyway, but, easy to boost. You may also be able to get to Level 50 doing this (by putting the game on insane), would take a very long time though.

Last edited by Apexeus; 08-20-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Apexeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #36
Darunia

creamium85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
Just finished Minimalist at 11%. Here are all the items I got by the end of the game.

PICKUPS
Health Upgrades 0/8
Armor Upgrades 0/8
Grenade Packs 1/30
Foam Packs 1/20
Missile Packs 1/20
Gold Bars 1/12
Passkeys 0/12

When you check your screens, this is what you should have if you wanna be safe and beat it at 11%.
So I take it you could pick up an additional 2 items, e.g one health and armor pack?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #37
pocket1

Pocket1's Gamercard
You can get 15 - 20 enemies to scream early on in the game when you first use the mounted gatling gun (where the viewpoint changes and loads of enemies spawn in)
pocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #38
StephenJ360

Darth Drizsle's Gamercard
I've found that you get a scream out of about 1 out of every 2 guys you melee after you get the full suit. Because when they're flying away, they scream. So maybe that will help, maybe not, but it netted me a lot of screams within the short time that I tried it.
StephenJ360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #39
WhiteDragon2501

WhiteDragon2501's Gamercard
I think I'll go for serious complex first, as that'll unlock infinite ammo for grenades, missiles, and foam. That'll make it easier to not pick up additional ammo.
WhiteDragon2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #40
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon2501 View Post
I think I'll go for serious complex first, as that'll unlock infinite ammo for grenades, missiles, and foam. That'll make it easier to not pick up additional ammo.
Serious Complex (Level 50) unlocks infinite ammo for the upgrades?! That's pretty awesome, should make the Minimalist one really fun.

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #41
WhiteDragon2501

* Level 20 -- Full Map Unlock: The entire game map is revealed, including all secrets.
* Level 30 -- Unlimited Foam Ammo: Gives players unlimited foam ammunition in their current (and all subsequent) runs of Shadow Complex. Ammo must be acquired for bonus to take effect.
* Level 40 -- Unlimited Grenades: Player gets unlimited grenades in their current (and all subsequent) runs of Shadow Complex. Grenades must be acquired for bonus to take effect.
* Level 50 -- Unlimited Missile Ammo: Player gets unlimited missile ammo in their current (and all subsequent) runs of Shadow Complex. Missiles must be acquired for bonus to take effect. Hitting level 50 also unlocks an achievement.
*Grab all 12 bars and get gold plated weapons. This also allows you to get upgraded weapons when you start a newgame+.

That's been posted by others. So, getting to level 50 first will make it easier. You don't start with them, you need to find the spot to get the item, or find a canister pick-up for them to get them in a new game.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #42
_Lynx

Send a message via Skype™ to _Lynx

AryssSkaHara's Gamercard
Guys, here's the complete map (click to see large image):
Old 08-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #43
optics

I thought there was a "+ New Game" option? I don't need to worry about losing my Level if I choose "New Game"?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #44
WhiteDragon2501

New game is new game +... at least after you beat it once it is.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #45
moomoomashoo

moomoomashoo's Gamercard
I know they're not "real" achievements, but were you planning on doing the 4 in-game challenges in this guide (or a seperate one)?

That would be pretty helpful.
moomoomashoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #46
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacokorn77 View Post

The collectible in question is in the yellow box. According to their legend, this is a passkey. There are no destructible areas around it, so I assume it is in the elevator shaft above the elevator itself. There is a way underneath the elevator to bring to the ground floor, but the only way that I can see to get back to the top is to traverse across the lake above. Problem is, get too far in the game, and you won't be able to traverse the lake, due to the final boss battle. So it seems you should clear out the purple area before getting to far ahead of yourself to be on the safe side. And no, I do not have this one myself. If anyone knows how to get it without going across the lake, please let me know.
I don't know if this has been posted yet (don't feel like reading the whole thread) but all you have to do to get that item is take the elevator to the bottom floor, shoot through the floor, crawl through the vents, and ride the elevator up to the top while hanging from it. To get on top of it, ride it up to the top floor first, then use the foam to break either of the two purple spots below you. Tell the elevator to go down, then quickly drop down and climb into the vent you just opened. Wait for the elevator to pass, and ta-da! You're above it now.

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #47
russian box

russian box's Gamercard
I got the hook and the tripple jump wihch landed me on 13%. although it says under 13%, you can have 13% and get the minimlist achievement!

i got to the end of the game. but i don't see a new game+ option to carry my stats over?
i clicked new game and i started with just a flashlight

Last edited by russian box; 08-20-2009 at 05:56 PM.
russian box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #48
Trips

Tripts's Gamercard
One thing worth noting for "Completionist" is that if you start the game on Insane mode (perhaps hardcore too, although I'm not sure), the map will NOT show any ?'s regardless of whether you lower the difficulty.

If you want to play Insane for leveling up, as well as get completionist, start the game on normal and then change the setting while in game.

EDIT: Actually I have learned that the map will display ?'s based on the difficulty you restart at. For further clarification I will give 2 examples.

Example 1: You are playing on insane mode and die. After restarting you lower the difficulty, the map will still display like it would if you were on Insane. (No map icons)

Example 2: You were playing on insane mode, then switch to normal and die. After restarting the map will not display ?'s as well as other labels to help the player. (Map icons)

Last edited by Trips; 08-20-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #49
Elit3 m0nkey

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Nice guide. Will make it a lot easier to get the achievements.
Feel free to add me, but make sure there is a message or else I will delete it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva David
Well, you know what they say. You cannot make an omlette without breaking a few legs
Elit3 m0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #50
optics

For leveling up faster, you can add this video to your guide if you like:

Old 08-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #51
KrakenGreyjoy

Send a message via AIM to KrakenGreyjoy

KrakenGreyjoy's Gamercard
Quote:

There is yet another collectible that may cause you to start anew. In the light purple area, on the far right, you will see an area that looks like a giant 'E'. Here is a section of the map -courtesy Joystiq - that will explain:

This could be considered the second most tedious achievement.
This may have been commented on, but I was too lazy to read the thread (I know, bad on me) but you CAN get this passkey without crossing the lake.

Simply get under the elevator as stated above, then blow out one (or both) purple hatches with the foam. Now start the elevator down and quickly jump in the vent. Once it's passed jump on top and take it to the top, there are two yellow vents, the passkey is in one of them (forgot which one, doesn;t matter, explore both).

I beat this game before getting my 100% with just 1 aquired passkey and at just 74%, so you CAN go back and get everything you need for 100%.

Also, you should make mention that there is a passkey in the same room as the scuba mask. If you got the mask and not the key, there won't be a "?" for the room. So double back and pick it up.

Thanks

Divinity within...I watch my temple fall to pieces.
KrakenGreyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #52
l.maciver

xvampmanx's Gamercard
good guild

l.maciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #53
Infomouse

Infomouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
I just have a question regarding the unlockable gamer pictures, there is mine which I got for completing my suit, then theres the other 1 that has some red on the helmet you see on peoples gamer cards. Im just wondering how 2 unlock that 1.

"This was a triumph"
Infomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #54
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Something weirds happened to me.I now have infinite rockets after picking up the last rocket pickup and yet I am only level 21.If that glitch carries over to New Game+ I will be quite pleased ;p

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #55
KrakenGreyjoy

Send a message via AIM to KrakenGreyjoy

KrakenGreyjoy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Something weirds happened to me.I now have infinite rockets after picking up the last rocket pickup and yet I am only level 21.If that glitch carries over to New Game+ I will be quite pleased ;p

Not a glitch. You get infinite ammo on all weapons once you pick up all packs.

Divinity within...I watch my temple fall to pieces.
KrakenGreyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 AM   #56
pacokorn77

Nintendo Tim's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
Minimalist is confusing the hell out of me.

I just completed the game with 14%. I got the needed stuff besides for the gold bar you need to get.

When you say skip helm and gun, can you give a bit more detail. Is the helm what allow you to breathe underwater, and which gun? The final one (shotgun) like weapon. I tried to avoid it but the damn thing forced me to get that... looking back at it, the gun put me at 13% and had I known to go to the lake I would have been able to avoid it.

I also believe it put me at 14%... so theoretically you can have every single part of the suit (including the helm) so long as you do not pick up the final rifle.
From my understanding, the "helm" is the Fusion Helmet. The SCHCA Mask is exactly that, a mask. The gun, however, is beyond me. He gave a fairly decent tip, but as I'm reading over the day's worth of posts, I'm finding better methods, and I'll be updating accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKnee View Post
THANK YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesis View Post

INVENTORY

WEAPONS
-Climbing Gear
-CLD Thrust Pack
-Omega Armor XOS-7
-SCHCA Mask
-Friction Dampener
EQUIPMENT
-Flashlight
-WSAR60 Coil Rifle
-Grenade
-Missile
-Foam

PICKUPS
Health Upgrades 0/8
Armor Upgrades 0/8
Grenade Packs 1/30
Foam Packs 1/20
Missile Packs 1/20
Gold Bars 1/12
Passkeys 0/12

Awesome. I'll be sure to add this, and cite you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexeus View Post
This may be repeating another post, sorry (haven't read the full thread).

Bomba Punta is boostable. Get to a save point, preferably with nearby Bombas. Let the game save, go out, punt the bomba (if it's on a wall, shoot it down), return to save point to save your game. Pause and Load Last Save. Rinse and repeat.

This can also be done for Lets Get Punchy and My Head A-splode
Neat tip. I'll make a note of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
I thought there was a "+ New Game" option? I don't need to worry about losing my Level if I choose "New Game"?
There is, as I just learned this today (with the help of an IGN forum thread and a PM from a user here). The New Game+ will only carry over your XP Level and Experience, as well as bonuses associated with the levels (full map unlock, infinite ammo) and the golden guns. You WILL LOSE all collected items (ammo expansion, health, weapons, etc). Basically:

"Keep your level and bonuses, lose all your inventory."

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
For leveling up faster, you can add this video to your guide if you like:

YouTube - Shadow Complex - Easy Experience
If it weren't for how blurry it is, this would be awesome. I can't tell what the hell is going on at all (except for where he is). He's talking about meleeing enemies to rack up the multiplier, then killing a Destroyer...I think. The text was too small on the imbedded video, and I didn't feel like opening a new tab. The biggest problem was that I couldn't tell how much XP he earned from doing that. But I'll add it, as it seems like a good method for now. If anyone wants to test this and see how much XP you earn - on a rough estimate - that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infomouse View Post
I just have a question regarding the unlockable gamer pictures, there is mine which I got for completing my suit, then theres the other 1 that has some red on the helmet you see on peoples gamer cards. Im just wondering how 2 unlock that 1.
The red helmet one (which I have right now) is unlocked by destroying the first spider-mech after you get the grenades. The second is getting all the suit pieces, as you said.

As for the other gamerpic, I had no idea, as I'm still missing the Fusion Helmet, and the associated 12 passkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrakenGreyjoy View Post
Not a glitch. You get infinite ammo on all weapons once you pick up all packs.
You can also earn infinite ammo with certain levels (30 - Grenades; 40 - Foam; 50 - Missiles).

Thank you to everyone who has been praising my guide. Being my first, I made sure to brush up on how other guides were made so my first AG didn't suck ass. I know it seems fairly convoluted for an XBLA game, so I'm in the process of slimming things down and getting the most important info across. I hope to god I don't run out of room and require a 3rd message. That would suck.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 AM   #57
I Redbush I

I Redbush I's Gamercard
where can you find the foam gun at?
I Redbush I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:25 AM   #58
bawj

bawj bawj's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lynx View Post
Guys, here's the complete map (click to see large image):
not much help with all those missing squares
bawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:38 AM   #59
ll LeXaN ll

Lex is big's Gamercard
You should make a note on the completionist that the pulse gun IS missable and you need to pick it up before you go down and the building explodes. Also you can get infinite ammo for your weapons when you pick up all the packs so you can have that before you reach level 30-40.

ll LeXaN ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #60
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll LeXaN ll View Post
You should make a note on the completionist that the pulse gun IS missable and you need to pick it up before you go down and the building explodes. Also you can get infinite ammo for your weapons when you pick up all the packs so you can have that before you reach level 30-40.
Again,this is where its weird for me.Just finished with 100% items and I only have infinite rockets.All the others are not infinite even though I have all packs.Its not a problem but just wanted to point out that it didn't work that way with me.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote