PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > The Beatles: Rock Band
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
agentnnc

USB Connector's Gamercard
Anyone else bummed out because of no disc export?

When this was announced, I freaked out. I was so excited to be able to play some beatles songs. I figured that I'd be able to export the songs like in AC/DC. When they finally said "The Beatles are an iconic band, and therefore no disc export" I got bummed out of the whole Beatles thing. I'll definetely buy the game, but only after it goes on sale.

Anyone else think similar?
"What you own is your own kingdom. What you do is your own glory. What you love is your own power. What you live is your own story. In your head is the answer let it guide you along. Let your heart be the anchor and the beat of your soul."

- Rush (Something for Nothing)
agentnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
jimshears88

jimshears88's Gamercard
Nope. It's not a track pack like ac/dc was, it's a complete stand alone title with it's own music store and dlc. The beatles are just that good

Plus, how would things like harmonies work if the songs were exportable? The extra vocal bars aren't just added on, it's a new complete vocal system which wouldn't work with either of the existing Rock Band games. Maybe they'll work with Rock Band 3 though...
jimshears88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
And to add to what jimshears88 said; Apple Corps. wants all the Beatles tracks to be played by the Beatles themselves and not some deathcore wannabe character. Not to mention the Dreamscapes and the new drum fills wouldn't work in RB1/2.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
ThaFireman

HiiiPoWeR XO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Have we become so lazy that we don't want to buy a game that we really wanted to get because you have to get up, grab the case, get the disc and put it in the tray? Wow.
ThaFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #5
xXxDArKtOrNxXx

Send a message via AIM to xXxDArKtOrNxXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXxDArKtOrNxXx

Deh Q's Gamercard
lol what drum fills there are none which makes me happy no more squeezing i like it as a stand alone game
Old 08-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxDArKtOrNxXx View Post
lol what drum fills there are none which makes me happy no more squeezing i like it as a stand alone game
Exactly, Apple Corps. didn't want Harmonix to add drum fills to any of the songs because Ringo never really did that. If Harmonix decided to go against what Apple Corps. wanted then we wouldn't have The Beatles: Rock Band.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #7
xXxDArKtOrNxXx

Send a message via AIM to xXxDArKtOrNxXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXxDArKtOrNxXx

Deh Q's Gamercard
ectally and i suck at drum fills i meant i see people get 2000k from drum fills im like WTF
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 AM   #8
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I am actually very glad that the game doesn't work with other titles. Also it would be wierd having drum fills on a beatles song.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #9
jimshears88

jimshears88's Gamercard
It just wouldn't work, doing a setlist and having the first song done by your own band in some venue with standard RB visuals and then suddenly morphing into The Beatles singing in Pepperland

I know you could just make the Beatles just a backing track using the normal Rock Band stuff as if it was standard DLC, but the characters, dreamscapes, unlockables, George Martin commenting on how you did after each song, studio chatter, even the great looking new menus, are each by themselves reason enough to get out of your chair, walk a few feet and change a disc over.

Whoops, didn't mean to start ranting (I work in a games shop and I'm sick of customers complaining about no disc export)
jimshears88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #10
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

I think because Harmonix has established Rock Band 1/2 as a platform people have become spoiled. Yes it is convinent that all the songs are playable through one game and you don't have to switch discs or anything. When it comes to The Beatles: Rock Band though, this turns out to be a work of passion and dedication.

This game is essentially Beatles paraphernalia to the fans, I mean c'mon, you're getting rare photos, studio chatter never heard before and even The Beatles' Christmas record. Not to mention but the fact Harmonix actually worked with The Beatles to ensure this game is top notch and celebrates the history of The Beatles is extraordinary. I think The Beatles deserve to have their own 'platform' considering all they've done for the music industry.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
GonzoMaster
Banned User

GonzoMaster's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
People rant because its dumb. i don't care about videos and commentary, and how The Beatles feel!! they can go hump a mule for all i care. I love the way the game looks. No i don't like The Beatles, but this game is gorgeous, and will get my money, and probably by the time I'm done with the game i'll be singing Beatles till i die, but i would like to port over the songs to RB3 when it comes out because, if i want to do a set list with some friends i don't want to play 6 songs, stop change disk then go play 5 more on The Beatles disk; i just want to go straight through. As far as venues are concered bring those over too doesn't hurt me. I got Microsoft points, and plenty of hard drive space to put it all on to, i would love the convenience.
GonzoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
Beed136

egon dangler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
If Harmonix decided to go against what Apple Corps. wanted then we wouldn't have The Beatles: Rock Band.
I agree 100%. I'm just glad that Harmonix is the one doing this and not Activision. Also, a lot of people are complaining about how its not going to be difficult on top of how lame it is that you cant export songs. My response to that is "get over it and don't play the game if it chaps your ass so bad". I'm glad that you cant export songs because The Beatles have made such a huge impact on people and the music industry over the years that they deserve there own game. As for it not being difficult, all I have to say is that I 5 starred GH3 ( the last semi good GH ) on expert and I am still going to enjoy the hell out of this game even if it may be considered easy by die hard GH/RB fans. It should be enjoyed for what it is...a work of art made for fans by fans. Not a race to see who can max it first!

Last edited by Beed136; 09-02-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Beed136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 AM   #13
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
From what has been said about this game it's not going to be another rock band addition, it's a special collectors edition for fans. Apple probably don't want their songs which have been released for this edition to end up all over the place and MTV earning tons from the marketplace etc.

Also if Apple corp says no we don't want this on your standard line of games it's not happening, i don't think Harmonix have had much say in this title. It's just a game made by them but under a very close watchful eye of Apple corp. Sure it will make MTV money but i guess they didn't feel like letting activision turn this game into a monstrous 20 part release.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote