PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Shadow Complex
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #31
Cryptic Shock

Cryptic Shock's Gamercard
Hi, I've got a question, will I come across the final gun easily because I'm almost at it and don't want to pick up by accident because of autosave so can someone tell me how to avoid?
Cryptic Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #32
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic Shock View Post
Hi, I've got a question, will I come across the final gun easily because I'm almost at it and don't want to pick up by accident because of autosave so can someone tell me how to avoid?
You don't actually need to go into the room where the gun is, keep an eye on the map when making your way towards it and then follow the bath to the <!> below the gun.

Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #33
Cryptic Shock

Cryptic Shock's Gamercard
thank you, i got the gun on my first playthrough by had no idea how i got it so hopefully don't get this time.

Edit: Done now just got achievement ty for help I see where you mean about not going near weapon.

Last edited by Cryptic Shock; 08-22-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Cryptic Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #34
ClubStew

ClubStew's Gamercard
Quote:
Godforbid they made you do all MCs for ONE achievement.
Yeah, because all achievements should be easy so that no one feels left out they don't have 100% without really working hard at something. Get real.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #35
Riverpatrol

chrisloughnane's Gamercard
thanks for the guide.
If you point me in the right direction, I'm down to the part where I want to get into the exploding room and the map blue lines me to the gun. I can't get across the large gap just above where the blue line starts.
I have 11%.
I've wasted 40mins at this and I have already done 100% complete, you'd think I'd know how to do it :P

update:
I had to get Thrust II to get past the jumps I was stuck on. I'd still love to know how to do it with just 11%.

Last edited by Riverpatrol; 08-22-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: update
Riverpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 AM   #36
Dathcha

AlphaWolf Fang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I could well be clumsy or unlucky, but how the hell do people get to the exclamation mark (when it wants you to get the KEY COMPONENTS) without having either the hookshot or the tripple jump ability?

I can't for the life of me get there at the moment...

Edit:
In case it is unclear, this is after Claire heads off in the jeep and I have 11% as per the guide...

Final Edit:
GRRRR, just after I make this post I see where I am going wrong... A completely different route (via the inside) seems to work

Last edited by Dathcha; 08-23-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Success :)
Dathcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:29 AM   #37
Audio Radar

Audio Radar's Gamercard
Try taking a big run from the room on the right, then double jump the gap.
Audio Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #38
phatmuther

phatmuther's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpatrol View Post
thanks for the guide.
If you point me in the right direction, I'm down to the part where I want to get into the exploding room and the map blue lines me to the gun. I can't get across the large gap just above where the blue line starts.
I have 11%.
I've wasted 40mins at this and I have already done 100% complete, you'd think I'd know how to do it :P

update:
I had to get Thrust II to get past the jumps I was stuck on. I'd still love to know how to do it with just 11%.
Start a new game and follow the guide. You probably cant get it under 13% now.
phatmuther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #39
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

I just followed the story and made sure not to pick up and upgrades that werent required, got 11% but couldn't get up to the top (was on right side outside) so instead of going through the complex I went back and got the hookshot, got up there went and finished game with 12%

just did my 3% run also, have to say it was pretty easy

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #40
RDS MIKE

mikeRDS's Gamercard
i cant get to the top of the wind tunnel after you get the rockets. any help?

do you have to be a level 30 to do it?

Last edited by RDS MIKE; 08-23-2009 at 07:22 PM.
RDS MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #41
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Just got the achievement and that makes them all.

I ended with 12%. There was one platform I could not get on without the triple jump. When I got back with it, I realized I could of done some stuff with foam maybe. Oh well, I got it done and I'm happy.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #42
mfnmosha

Recklessrob83's Gamercard
yeah i just wanted to say that i cannot get to the exploding room second play through right after clare runs off says to get remaining components. i am guessing you need the hookshot or triple jump to even get up there i have 11% there is like a big wooden dock and no way to get around with out on of them upgrades also if i had unlimited foam that would solve my problem but only at level 27.

person with wind tunnel problem go back up elevator to top floor and blow up fan power supply with missles the come back it will be off.

mfnmosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #43
mfnmosha

ok last post sorry it seems i was at the lower the bridge part when she runs off thats the ! pops up you can acces from the blue part close to the top there is a missle door now im off tho the ! exactally 2 sqaures below Inerta element gun so i seems you can get to exploding room without any componets when she runs off from jeep

just past lowering bridge 2 big spider mechs you go up you have to jump a big gap under the bridge go from the room far right and run jump you can clear it

Last edited by mfnmosha; 08-23-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #44
mfnmosha

just got acheivment 1hour 45min 11% items one thing is golden guns are pretty much a must i say the inertia element gun kills everything so fast even bosses and to have no pick ups like health and armor that gun makes it much easier even on casual with 200 health sometimes you get overwelmed so many enemy on screen. hope my posts help.....

Old 08-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #45
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Yeah, I didn't even use grenades or missiles on bosses. I just used the inertia gun.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #46
GoW ViNtH3R

The King of K's Gamercard
I got a problem. I got the missiles wich put me at exactly 13%
I thought i was good, but now im stuck. I saved the girl and now it tells me to go to the big dome thing, where the bad guy activates the explosion, BUT, i cant get there. All the ways leading there require either double jump or hook shot, so i cant get there, and if i pick anything up, it puts me at 14%

Am i missing something, or is there an error in the guide?
GoW ViNtH3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:04 AM   #47
Louis BCFC1875

Louis BCFC1875's Gamercard

Just got my Minimilast achievement and i was so lucky, my mistake i managed to pick up two collectables, so i was only able to get the Scuba mask, armour, boost pack, and the friction damperner, it was so hard to get to the big compute place because i hadn't got enough boost to manage to make it from one gap to another, at the end, i managed to use all the foam i had, (4), make a little bridge connected to the one end of the place i need to jump, and from the other side, i just managed to grab onto the foam before it disappeared, so yes, it proves you can complete with game with about 10 % or less of the items..

Louis BCFC1875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:10 AM   #48
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoW ViNtH3R View Post
I got a problem. I got the missiles wich put me at exactly 13%
I thought i was good, but now im stuck. I saved the girl and now it tells me to go to the big dome thing, where the bad guy activates the explosion, BUT, i cant get there. All the ways leading there require either double jump or hook shot, so i cant get there, and if i pick anything up, it puts me at 14%

Am i missing something, or is there an error in the guide?
You probably did it wrong, I got 12% by following the blue line and only getting those, then when it came to getting the upgrades I only got the hookshot which brought me from 11 to 12% and that allowed me to get to the exploding room

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #49
GoW ViNtH3R

The King of K's Gamercard
Never mind, i found a way, you dont need the hookshot or triple jump.
GoW ViNtH3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #50
D00mM4r1n3

D00mM4r1n3's Gamercard
A simple way of explaining/doing Minimalist:

1.) Follow the blue line until you save Claire from the 2 guards after getting the missile upgrade.

2.) While following the blue line, do not pick up anything other than what the blue line is leading you to, with the exception of 1 health upgrade and 1 gold bar that will be unavoidable since they are directly in your path.

3.) After you have saved Claire (see #1), ignore the blue line and go straight to the blue exclamation mark where the room that self-destructs is. Do not pick up any of the remaining suit pieces or the last gun.

This will complete the game with 12%. It is recommended that you do this after reaching level 20 and have completed the game at least once so that you are more familiar with where everything is and have more experience with scaling walls and reaching high-up places using nothing more than double-jump. It will also help if you have collected all the gold in previous run through so that you can grab the gold shotty at the beginning of the game.

If you cannot figure out how to get to the blue exclamation mark after saving Claire, you either suck or need to reach level 20 and look closer at the map for an alternate route then what you are trying. You do not need triple-jump or the hook-shot to get there.
D00mM4r1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #51
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
"Minimilast"???

This one was actually really easy, I finished on 11% for items in about 2 hours.

To anyone that hasn't realised yet (although you should've, it's been mentioned enough times in this thread), you don't need the hook-shot or the triple-jump.

I have a feeling that the two speedrun "achievements" won't be so easy...

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:04 AM   #52
Pyscopath2003

SithPsyco's Gamercard
Awesome guide man, did it how you said didn't even get the boots or the hook and beat it at 11%.

1000+ Assassins Creed 2, Lego Indy, Oblivion 1250, Fallout 3 1450. Mar, 15 2010 61,000+ gamerscore achieved.
Pyscopath2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #53
Tolwyn

Just restarted the game and hoping to get this achievement. One quick question though, when do you get the full map? I'm level 20 and the map is not fully revealed to me.
Tolwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #54
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
Just restarted the game and hoping to get this achievement. One quick question though, when do you get the full map? I'm level 20 and the map is not fully revealed to me.
Are you on a higher difficulty? I'm pretty sure "insane" hides the map sections... not sure about the difficulty below that.

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #55
Phillosoraptor

TehHobo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Bugs View Post
"Minimilast"???
Haha, yeah. I wrote the whole guide saying Minimilast, then I realized that's not how it's spelled so I had to go back and change all of it, but you can't change the title.
Phillosoraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #56
Jakurdo

I just finished the game with 10%. I avoided picking up the pistol (just took the Golden Intertial Element). So if you're having troubles with this, that's a way of leaving a percent more to pick up Health upgrades (or any upgrade off course).

I didn't pick up any upgrades (except for the unavoidable Golden Bar), or any of the last Suit Upgrades.
Jakurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #57
Wrath669

Wrath669's Gamercard
Guide worked like a charm.

Done in 1 hour and 44 minutes.
Wrath669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #58
Indie Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Indie Hero

Indie Hero's Gamercard
So, if I use my Golden Intertia Element to wreck havoc on everything that attacks me ever, it won't count towards my minimalist?

And what happens if I pick up the real Inertia Element on accident, will that add towards the percent in a way that prevents me from getting this?

pixels
Indie Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #59
DefEdge

DefEdge's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Picking up anything except golden guns will add to your percentage, even if it doesn't seem to. This is because there are about 130 items scattered about.

From what I could see, you could also skip the gun before the Inertial Element but after the Carbine, but my dumbass walked over and picked it up, so I'm not sure. I finished the whole run with about 11% or so, skipping the pistol was a help, and the only thing I died on was attempting the huge shortcut under the water. I figured, hell with it, and went on ahead with the game, wondering how tough it would be to get to the end. In reality it was so much easier because I wasn't exploring and trying some of those freaky jumps or blowing everything up to get all the gear.

Getting level 30 helps a bunch too, a few times I cheated and made a foam bridge or pillar to stand on. Infinite grenades and rockets was not needed with that golden shotgun. Kinda regret grabbing the golden shotgun, I might of thought about doing it with a weaker gun. Now I need to go through again getting 100% stuff and working level 50 and I can chalk this up to another complete game. This guide helped out a lot, thanks.
RRoD #1: 9/27/08
DefEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #60
webdoggy

webdoggy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks! Your guide was a great help. Managed to get through in 1:29:21 on Normal!
webdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote