PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Chromehounds
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Sizzlebuzz

Server ending. Free achievements?

So everyone here already know the server is currently ending soon. Which is a bad thing, but then again, there isn't a large fan base anymore except for the hundred or so boosters who compete against each other for no reason.

Anyhow, I wonder if they'll give the online achievements. My pal said he sent them a message and that he was replied to, saying they would pass the idea along.

I doubt it will happen, but most of the achievements that I am missing for that game can only be obtained by cheating (two+ boxing).

I'm not here to start a debate about two boxing and such. So don't try to talk to me about it =\. Please.

Although, the legit achievements I am missing are the levels and the super weapon. I think I only got a sniper and commander to 50, with 107 hours of gameplay. The rest were in the 40's.

Two times, me and 5 pals stayed up to watch the areas get taken back and no secret weapon popped. Turned out, both times, boosters took it within minutes of it happening. Even though no special report notified us of the weapon appearing.

GHWT: Legit Bling Bling achievement .
Sizzlebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
Perhaps if the rare achievements popped and you were able to participate in the Rookie/Novice/Expert/etc. missions for the ones you can get for playing those (deploy on certain chassis etc.) it would be OK. They'd have to give you 5 of each component and stuff too...
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
They will not give out achievments when the servers close, Take a look at EA and there servers, They close them all the time and never give out the achievements. This will be the first time in xbox history (Or so i think) if they give out the achievements in an update.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Sizzlebuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
They will not give out achievments when the servers close, Take a look at EA and there servers, They close them all the time and never give out the achievements. This will be the first time in xbox history (Or so i think) if they give out the achievements in an update.
Well, this game isn't made by EA. I will be glad if they do. 700 gamerscore in this game is fine with me though (although, if it weren't for boosters, it would be 740).

Anyhow, I think if they did hand out achievements, there would have to be a criteria. Such as, 100+ hours played online, or so many online matches played.

GHWT: Legit Bling Bling achievement .
Sizzlebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
LH Cerberus

ll w i k u ll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlebuzz View Post
Although, the legit achievements I am missing are the levels and the super weapon. I think I only got a sniper and commander to 50, with 107 hours of gameplay. The rest were in the 40's.

U will need very much more hours to play for the Valors achievements:
Sniper: about 150 hours
HVG: about 180 h
Soldier: about 220 h
Defender: about 220 h
Commander: about 300 h
Scout: about 350 h

time based on boosting, legit it takes much much more

i would say: The Time is going to be very tight for all the guysout there, who wants these achievements. u have half of the points for valors at level 82

Two times, me and 5 pals stayed up to watch the areas get taken back and no secret weapon popped. Turned out, both times, boosters took it within minutes of it happening. Even though no special report notified us of the weapon appearing.

longest time I could play the SW was 23 minutes
, then the sw was gone
just made some comments
Old 10-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
dr latour

dr latour's Gamercard
Heres a thought why dont they just have 1 mth that the exp was 50% times what ever you got. Gears 2 did it same with COD 4 MW so why not Hounds.
dr latour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:26 AM   #7
X JOHNSON 4

x johnson 4's Gamercard
Gears and cod waw only usually do weekends not a whole month and thats only like once every two months, but i highly doubt chromehounds would do this, i think its to late in the games life to do something like that.

X JOHNSON 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
Rodni Demental

Send a message via MSN to Rodni Demental

Rodni Demental's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's not too late. It's the whole point. The fact that they are closing down would even make sense to do something like that for those guys that are really close. (Or at least half way and have still put many hours in).

Well, I actually don't see it happening either. But all I'm saying is that it would make sense.
Rodni Demental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #9
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
According to SEGA's chromehounds forums, after digging for awhile, a developer called MS to let all the achievements unlock for free. MS said they would but their servers with achievements are not backwards compatable, only works from user end to MS. Meaning chromehounds would have to patch the game, which they can't because the department is closed

Deathr0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
x Infidel 72 x

Messiah x64's Gamercard
How many achievements will be unavailable once the servers close?

I'm assuming things like the travel X miles will still be possible to unlock (however mind-numbing it may be...)
x Infidel 72 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Only the storymode ones, I think it's around 180? Check the guide, almost every achievement will only pop from playing the War itself online

Old 11-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #12
FamiDude

MonkeyJuggleDX's Gamercard

Are you sure the department has shut down? Wasn't the game developed by From Software and I'm pretty sure they're still going.

Still it would be nice if they could have made a patch that enables the war to be played single player like a campaign mode.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
LoneHunter

LoneHunter44's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamiDude View Post
Are you sure the department has shut down? Wasn't the game developed by From Software and I'm pretty sure they're still going.
Fromsoft are still around, but there hasn't been any developer input for chromehounds for a very long time.
LoneHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:38 AM   #14
revenge7777

revenge u 2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
This game use to be such a big hit when it first came out. Sad to see it go.

revenge7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #15
LH Cerberus

ll w i k u ll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamiDude View Post
Are you sure the department has shut down?
Still it would be nice if they could have made a patch that enables the war to be played single player like a campaign mode.
No, they said that this is impossible.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneHunter View Post
Fromsoft are still around, but there hasn't been any developer input for chromehounds for a very long time.

Exactly, they are not working on any current updates/patches, the team has long been reassigned to other departments (hopefully Alpha Protocol which is taking forever...) Im sure its one intern resetting the lonely server in an empty room every week.

Also, im pretty sure the server is run by SEGA, not FreeSoft, I would assume it is.