Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Wolfenstein
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Freezing

I've just come across this problem while trying to get all the collectables. I've collected about 90%, but now when I try to zone anywhere, the game gets to the 't' in Wolfenstein, and the system just hangs. I've tried replaying different missions, or zoning from any exit of Midtown East.

By the looks of things, 1 or 2 other people are having this problem too. Disc is clean and unscratched, and the game is installed to the hard-drive. I've also reinstalled it (just in case).

I've tried loading a few earlier saves, including from the beginning of the previous mission (which was the Hospital).

Anyone else encounter this problem? I don't particularly want to restart, and from what I read, another person restarted and encountered the same problem again.

*Edit* Tried without the game installed, and have the update. Still happens.

Last edited by Vile Denial; 08-21-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Vile Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
dmoney2587

The Blak Jesus's Gamercard
yeah, it has happen to me too. I'm so close to getting all the stuff and it freezes...lame at its best.
dmoney2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
Tj1zzle

shit im on my way to do this now hope i dont get this.

im really defending this game to the nines but its getting hard here
everyday its something else

PM ME FOR U.S. XBOX 360 REPAIRS AND FLASHING INQUIRIES. Have Your Xbox 360 Serviced, Cheap and professional.

i will be more than happy to conduct all transactions through ebay upon request.

I AM LOOKING FOR XBOXES PRE 09 SUMMER UPDATE (old dash, or 7371 nxe dash).
BROKEN OR WORKING!!! PLEASE PM IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SOME $$$$$!!!!

Tj1zzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
InfernoFrY

fernofry's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Eek not more issues. I wonder if we'll get the polishing patch/

Thousands of players
No subscription fee
3rd person action shooter MMO

Join the fight!
April 2nd 2013
InfernoFrY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:22 AM   #5
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
I've tried loading the last mission and playing through that. Didn't work. I've tried loading Midtown East, then going to the mission and playing through it. Didn't work. Tomorrow I'll try loading Midtown East, and playing a different mission. I'll let you know how that turns out
Old 08-22-2009, 02:55 AM   #6
Tailz
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I cant even play SP or MP from the Main Menu. I press Start and it freezes. The only way i can play MP is if someone invites me to a game then i back out of that and go directly to the Main Xbox Live menu and do Quick Match or FInd Game. It's currently impossible to play SP.
Tailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:07 AM   #7
Tj1zzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailz View Post
I cant even play SP or MP from the Main Menu. I press Start and it freezes. The only way i can play MP is if someone invites me to a game then i back out of that and go directly to the Main Xbox Live menu and do QuickMatch or FInd Game. It's currently impossible to play SP.

i say you try to return that shit or sumthin ur disc has got to be messed up

PM ME FOR U.S. XBOX 360 REPAIRS AND FLASHING INQUIRIES. Have Your Xbox 360 Serviced, Cheap and professional.

i will be more than happy to conduct all transactions through ebay upon request.

I AM LOOKING FOR XBOXES PRE 09 SUMMER UPDATE (old dash, or 7371 nxe dash).
BROKEN OR WORKING!!! PLEASE PM IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SOME $$$$$!!!!

Tj1zzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:52 AM   #8
Tailz
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj1zzle View Post

i say you try to return that shit or sumthin ur disc has got to be messed up
Nah i got it from Gamefly..so no biggie..this shit sucks ass anyway
Tailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Ended up having to restart the game from scratch. Everything's loading fine on this run, so going for 100% intel/gold/tomes and less than 3 deaths.

It better not happen again...
*Touches wood*
Old 08-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
coverop

It's happen to me 2 times. Load Freeze
Don't try load old save because its not going to help you.
I think you need to start ALL over AGAIN but this time try, finish map with all collectable in one try. Otherwise it's screwed.
coverop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
strayiceball

Yea Im having the same problem I dont know what to do. I just finished beating the geist queen and when i load to downtown it freezes on me at the T in wolfenstein it pisses me off. I dont want to restart the game is there a easier way to fix this stupid problem? I'll redo castle but I dont wanna completely start over that would suck.
strayiceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #12
The Tobynator

...same Problem here, but only in my last savegame. Ive gone to trainstation again from midtown to collect the last gold in that level. If I load a "trainstation savegame" the game freezes at the "T" but if I load a save from midtown, everything looks great - till I collect another goldbag....
The Tobynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:01 AM   #13
billg367

billg367's Gamercard
The radio towers mission is giving me the same problem. When I try to go to the radio station. I get so far not always at the same save point Box crashes. It just doesn`t want me to finish the game.

A lot people are complaining this is happening all the time with the pc version too. Thanks unreal engine...
billg367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #14
Soccerman641

Ok so now i know its NOT my xbox thats bad, but its the game itself! gosh i was really counting the day to when this game came out, but its been nothing but headaches! i just wanna finish the achievements and sell this game. right now im trying to get all the gold but the game freezes at the letter T of Wolfenstein! this is really annoying!!!!!!
Soccerman641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
KILLBOT

I completed the game yesterday and didn`t encounter one freeze the entire time, but now I`m having issues.

I wanted to get all the tomes and the last one I need is in the Castle level, but everytime I ride the elevator up to the top of the castle and I get the loading screen, it`ll only load as far as the second E in 'Wolfenstein'. It crashes in exactly the same spot everytime and I`ve done all the things you guys have tried, but to no avail.

I was going to do a speedy runthrough to get the remaining intel and gold I needed, but I don`t think I`ll bother now.
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #16
Issun

Issun101's Gamercard
Same here, dammit. Every mid-town level loaded for me without a hitch, but any of the downtown levels (even downtown itself) continues to freeze on me. Hopefully they'll get to work on a patch asap.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #17
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
sometimes freezes for a couple of second when i go to the black market, when dropping down it freezes then unfreezes.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #18
david

kiddaddio2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
same thing happens to me on the castle what a piece of shit
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #19
Pinion13

pinion1313's Gamercard
This seems to be a pretty serious and widespread bug. Patch anytime now. I managed to finish the game on uber and then I decided to go back and replay train station to get the no reloading achievement and it locks up on loading, right at the t in wolfenstein as mentioned already in the thread. So then I decided I'd try and do the radio station missions I skipped and it locks up going to downtown. I played through the entire game without a single freeze, now this? Strange. Tried clearing the cache, no help, reading the thread I guess I won't try reinstalling to the hd since that didn't help someone else. LAME.
Pinion13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #20
The1st Lonewolf

The1st Lonewolf's Gamercard
Although I haven't gotten to this yet it sounds like the same problem I had on Fable II.Game kept freezing,took it back got another one -same problem.Eventually got worse and started to do on other games-turned out to be bad disc drive.
The1st Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sounds far too widespread to be a disk drive problem I'm afraid.I really hope you guys can get past it and it is fixed.The state of some recently released games is really getting beyond a joke now

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
The1st Lonewolf

The1st Lonewolf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Sounds far too widespread to be a disk drive problem I'm afraid.I really hope you guys can get past it and it is fixed.The state of some recently released games is really getting beyond a joke now
And now some companies want to raise their prices.Personally I think anything made by microcrap,they should pay us to use it
The1st Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #23
xx_0_0_xx

Im playing 3 times in Wolfenstein for collectables and when i have 80-90% of all, im freezing on Midtown, Castle, Church,etc :/. Tested on X360 and PC version - same error
xx_0_0_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #24
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_0_0_xx View Post
Im playing 3 times in Wolfenstein for collectables and when i have 80-90% of all, im freezing on Midtown, Castle, Church,etc :/. Tested on X360 and PC version - same error
Yeah I heard that PC users also are having these issues.Really hope they are sorted and that I don't run into too many as I really like the single player so far yet my only foray into MP was 3 matches of disasters :/

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #25
defiance ohio

defiance ohio's Gamercard
ugh this is frustrating, beat the game on uber, went back to get the rest of the collectibles in the city, now it freezes everytime i attempt to leave downtown! and i only need 4 more collectibles for the whole game!

Thanks for the sig, Rajeanero!
defiance ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:21 AM   #26
Diog3nes

I am currently stuck at the end of the game as it freezes either on the loading screen or a little ways in. This is the worst glitch i have seen in awhile and made an otherwise enjoyable game into a complete failure.
Diog3nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 AM   #27
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by billg367 View Post
A lot people are complaining this is happening all the time with the pc version too. Thanks unreal engine...
It runs on Doom 3 engine (Id Tech 4).

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:06 AM   #28
killerachiever

iPro x M aG iiK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
This game pisses me off so bad 93% done every loading screen i broke my good controller and put a hole in my wall people need to start making games that dont mess up. idk they can just make a game that works right!!
killerachiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:09 AM   #29
Coldsnap

ColdsnapBryan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerachiever View Post
This game pisses me off so bad 93% done every loading screen i broke my good controller and put a hole in my wall people need to start making games that dont mess up. idk they can just make a game that works right!!
You have to be a fake poster. The stuff that you have posted in Wolfenstien achievement threads are unreal.

Anyways, I too currently have a frozen game state at Farm. When I take the elevator down to the lower levels It freezes at the "T" on the load screen.
Coldsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #30
Rahab430

Rahab430's Gamercard
Well guys, add me to the list of people who've been hit with this bug. I spent 3 days in Midtown searching for gold bags and bars on my own because I couldn't trust a good guide out yet. I finally found #44 and I go to leave Midtown West to head towards Downtown and it freezes on the "T" in "Wolfenstein". My PS3 died today too.

Damn gaming is fun.
Rahab430 is offline   Reply With Quote