Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #31
killerachiever

iPro x M aG iiK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post
You have to be a fake poster. The stuff that you have posted in Wolfenstien achievement threads are unreal.

Anyways, I too currently have a frozen game state at Farm. When I take the elevator down to the lower levels It freezes at the "T" on the load screen.
what are you talking about like 34k a game im at 50 i no the method you have to have the guy thats dying have the l trigger held down here so dont tell me wtf i have done and not done. Why would i lie.There is no reason to so get the hell out of here i have to restart the game now.
killerachiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:19 AM   #32
defiance ohio

defiance ohio's Gamercard
i think it's activision's twisted way of forcing us to play multiplayer

Thanks for the sig, Rajeanero!
defiance ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #33
killerachiever

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiance ohio View Post
i think it's activision's twisted way of forcing us to play multiplayer
If thats what they want then there not getting. The MP in this game is garbage. The best thing about this game is SP. Way to suck raven and activison!!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:11 AM   #34
GenericNPC

Im Dan Hibiki's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerachiever View Post
If thats what they want then there not getting. The MP in this game is garbage. The best thing about this game is SP. Way to suck raven and activison!!
the multiplayer in this game is amazing, the only issue is the stat saving problem, anyway Im currently going for all the collectibles and I havent hit an issue yet im roughly 50% complete with all of them
GenericNPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #35
killerachiever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericNPC View Post
the multiplayer in this game is amazing, the only issue is the stat saving problem, anyway Im currently going for all the collectibles and I havent hit an issue yet im roughly 50% complete with all of them
Are you kidding me? Am i being punked dude. sorry to say it but the mp sucks. and it will for ever cause its never going to get fixed due to the people who made the online got fired the day this game came out.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #36
GenericNPC

and what do you have to base that on?
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #37
killerachiever

Quote:
and what do you have to base that on?
I base it on its horibble mp you can boot people from ranked matchs.. you can switch teams in the middle of the match the stats dont save. Can you blame the company for firing they suck at making mp
Old 08-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #38
GenericNPC

Quote:
I base it on its horibble mp you can boot people from ranked matchs.. you can switch teams in the middle of the match the stats dont save. Can you blame the company for firing they suck at making mp
what do you base your claim of the designers getting fired upon? and if you never played Wolfenstein: enemy territory then of course you must think the multiplayer sucks...because it's different, but I digress the only bad part about multiplayer is the stats not saving glitch, the gameplay is just fine, and if you dont agree well then I have no idea what you are comparing it to
Old 08-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #39
killerachiever

o haha it was on G4 they were talking about it they said after wolfenstein was relased all mp developers were fired. and i love the gameplay i just dont understand why should the host have the ability to kick you if you are doing good.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #40
KILLBOT

Quote:
what do you base your claim of the designers getting fired upon?
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...on-release-day

Quote:
i just dont understand why should the host have the ability to kick you if you are doing good.
Console gamers should never have the power to kick players as there are too many kids and idiots on LIVE that will always abuse it. Player kicking is a feature of PC games, but the difference being that the player with the admin rights to kick players will have paid a fair bit money towards the cost of the server so is more likely to be a responcible adult. However, I`m all for vote kicking on consoles, although this isn`t always 100% fair.

Back on topic, I`ve tried allsorts of things to get my game working again, but I`ve stopped short of starting the game again from scratch which I have no intention of doing. I`ve emailed my online retailer to ask them if I can get a refund on the game.

I posted a video on YouTube of the load freeze in action, pretty boring but here it is....

Last edited by KILLBOT; 08-24-2009 at 10:44 AM.
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #41
defiance ohio

hahahah i actually saw your video randomly when i was google'ing to see if this freezing shit was happening to anyone else lol

Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #42
italianstallion

stallion83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I was hit with this freeze issue today...I had all collectibles going into the airfield mission.

Check the Newest Episode of the Podcast Here
FaceBook |Twitter | YouTube
1 Million Gamerscore |
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #43
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
I was hit with this freeze issue today...I had all collectibles going into the airfield mission.
That is seriously seriously not fair.For it to conk out that late in the game is just BS.

Do we have a priest on here who can start saying a prayer for a patch?

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #44
italianstallion

stallion83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Submit - Bronze
I've had a string of bad luck with games lately. I just want this to be fixed sooner than later. I really enjoy the game.

There is really no point in restarting it either, it may just happen again.

1 Million Gamerscore |
Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #45
defiance ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
I've had a string of bad luck with games lately. I just want this to be fixed sooner than later. I really enjoy the game.

There is really no point in restarting it either, it may just happen again.
exactly, i was thinking about just starting another game to get all the collectibles but i'm not taking the risk of it freezing on me again, i'm liable to destroy my controller

Last edited by defiance ohio; 08-24-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #46
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Yep,no way I would restart it if I hit the freeze.Too much of a chance it will happen again.Only thing I've been doing to try and safeguard is making a save after each level and copying it onto a memory card.I'm hoping that should I hit the freeze,I could revert back to the old save and cross my fingers it didn't corrupt again.However,if it corrupts a certain way,then even a backup save will not help as it'll just trigger in the same place.

Out of curiosity,did all of you who hit this freeze replay a level as I see this being bandied about as a possible cause for some? I don't know how valid it is but sometimes knowing what other people did and didn't do can help isolate ways of avoiding it in future playthroughs.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #47
KILLBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Out of curiosity,did all of you who hit this freeze replay a level as I see this being bandied about as a possible cause for some? I don't know how valid it is but sometimes knowing what other people did and didn't do can help isolate ways of avoiding it in future playthroughs.
I replayed several levels, but it wasn`t until I replayed castle that I started having problems.
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #48
italianstallion

stallion83's Gamercard

Quote:
Yep,no way I would restart it if I hit the freeze.Too much of a chance it will happen again.Only thing I've been doing to try and safeguard is making a save after each level and copying it onto a memory card.I'm hoping that should I hit the freeze,I could revert back to the old save and cross my fingers it didn't corrupt again.
The funny thing is I backed my save up right before I started playing and even reverting to that save didn't fix it.

1 Million Gamerscore |
Old 08-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #49
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Lame, I just got this glitch. every time I try to go to downtown to get my last side mission. I have tried and failed to get past this for the last 45 minutes. The game was going back to the video store tomorrow anyway but I had really hopped to get the last 3 achievements I was on the cusp of getting before taking it back. Lame glitch is lame.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #50
Evans214

Evans's Gamercard
I too am affected by this monstorous glitch. I was just starting off finding the collectibles for all of the side missions when I finished Radio Station and now none of my savegames will load past halfway through the second "e" in Wolfenstein.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turning off the box, unplugging the box, and this glitch will not give up. I'm pissed.
Evans214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:42 AM   #51
Pinion13

pinion1313's Gamercard
Quote:
No I played straight through, no problems. Then I tried to replay the first mission and frozen solid.
Pinion13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:07 AM   #52
Sourman145

sourman145's Gamercard
Well,from reading everyone else's posts, i think i can list how to avoid the freezing issue

First of all, NEVER EVER REPLAY A MISSION.This seems to be the number 1 cause of the freezing bug.Even if you think you are safe, you will probably not freeze until 80-90% done.Just get everything first time through.
Second, try to minimize the number of times you quit and save.My game froze on me after quitting and loading a downtown save. In other words, try to get as much done as possible in one sitting.Once you get to 80-90%, try to do the last 20 without quitting.
Finally, once you get 80-90, minimize loading occurences(don't go to places unneccessarily)

Really, the only one you need to follow is the first, but the others are suggestions to try and help.
Sourman145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 AM   #53
GenericNPC

I have done the impossible and have received Monitor Tan for getting every collectible, I think the reason why I didnt get the freeze bug is because I systematically cleared everything, I went through each level only once and I made sure that when i wasnt going to be in midtown any longer I then collected everything (ignoring everything until that point), then I ignored Downtown until I received the Airfield mission, cleared it out and went on my merry way to airfield...worked like a charm

Last edited by GenericNPC; 08-25-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:29 AM   #54
Sourman145

sourman145's Gamercard
That is good news. It seems like as long as you don't replay a mission you will be fine.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #55
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

I'm scared shitless now cause I once replayed a mission right at the very start to get conservationist.However,if we are starting to make some possible progress on knowing how to avoid the glitch, I "think" I could cope with starting over.I would still smack the wall but at least I'd have a hope I could still get the achievements.

However,I really do hope that a patch is released as this is an awful gamebreaker and is really making this release look a complete shambles (which is a shame cause I am loving the single player).

Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #56
GenericNPC

yes Indeed I almost jizzed my pants when i got it because of all the problems I've been hearing about, I thought that when I pressed Y to get my last piece of intel Deathhead would jump out of my TV and punch me in the balls
Old 08-25-2009, 04:44 AM   #57
GenericNPC

Quote:
I'm scared shitless now cause I once replayed a mission right at the very start to get conservationist.However,if we are starting to make some possible progress on knowing how to avoid the glitch, I "think" I could cope with starting over.I would still smack the wall but at least I'd have a hope I could still get the achievements.

However,I really do hope that a patch is released as this is an awful gamebreaker and is really making this release look a complete shambles (which is a shame cause I am loving the single player).
during my collectible gathering antics I too replayed trainstation for that achievement so you should be fine, and I also did it as soon as I bought the bayonet for the k98 which was the first upgrade I got so I suppose if you replay that level early in the game you should be ok

Last edited by GenericNPC; 08-25-2009 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #58
Lomas666

Lomas666's Gamercard
Count me in as well, stuck at the loading screen to the zeppelin..

edit: on Uber with all items collected except the intels on the zepp.. With the game installed on the HDD.

Last edited by Lomas666; 08-25-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Lomas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #59
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Stuck at loading screen at the begining of the game with Zeppelin, I havn't even played any single player, Ive only played the multiplayer. I was just getting into this game aswell. Does this mean i cant play the game now?? Ive even tryed installing to hardrive aswell, FFS ive only got this on Rental and didnt want to keep for long.

Last edited by Genesis x360a; 08-25-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #60
Sourman145

sourman145's Gamercard
alright, maybe you can replay a level, just dont replay too many and dont replay too late in percentage.

As for above, i don't understand. Are you freezing at beginning or Zeppelin?