PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Wolfenstein
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #61
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
My bad, Im freezing at the begining of the game with the Flaming plane, I can get past it if sign into my Silver account but when i sign in with my Main it just freezes up and crashes my 360.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #62
Sourman145

sourman145's Gamercard
That's very weird, that the silver works, but yours doesn't
I really have no idea what you could do
Sourman145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #63
Genesis x360a

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Ill just wait and see if they bring out a patch before next week, If not its going back to Lovefilm lol

Old 08-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #64
scorpy78

k1ll1ng slayer's Gamercard
same for me, I replayed several missions to get the collectables and now I want to go to downtown and it freezes everytime, no matter which exit I use, no way I play it again, FU Wolfenstein
scorpy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #65
NoiseCrime

NoiseCrime's Gamercard
Same for me.

Completed the game on 'normal', then went back to train yard to find the few missing items and do the melee achievement. That went fine, so i moved onto Dig Site. Completed that fine, but when trying to load midtown it froze after the letter T.

Tried reloading a save from Dig site and aborting but that had same effect. Reloaded earlier midtown save, replayed Dig site up until I found all the missing items and then aborted. That appeared to work, I got back to midtown, but then it froze trying to replay another mission, and now the midtown save wont load either.

In the end I started a new game, on Easy to get the 12 hour and 3 deaths, figured I might as well get all the items as well. I made sure that I got all items for each mission as I played and got all items for midtown before progressing to downtown. Thankfully no freezing.

Looks to me like one freeze issue is caused by replaying missions after you've completed the game.
NoiseCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #66
Jerkkhammer

Jerkkhammer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseCrime View Post

Looks to me like one freeze issue is caused by replaying missions after you've completed the game.
Yeah, that's when my freezing issue started. The same appears to be true for a lot of other people as well.

Mine started after I replayed some missions to get more upgrades at the very end of my Uber playthrough. Not looking forward to having to start all over from the begining!

Jerkkhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #67
sublime shooter

Send a message via AIM to sublime shooter

Lightsaber's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
fuck this freezing shit Im done with this shit It freezes everytime damnit

sublime shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #68
demi

This glitch sounds worrisome but I replayed Train Station just fine, doing Dig Site now. Actually havent had any lockups during my 8.5 hours (in-game time) playing.

edit: I see someone else was fine up until past Dig Site... well fingers crossed I guess
demi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #69
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Looks like its not just mee... I went through every mission again collecting everything i missed... until I got to Zepplin... game freezes on ''t'' Tried it from a very old save, and it loads... so at 96% complete I can't go any further ...

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #70
Jerkkhammer

Jerkkhammer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by demi View Post
This glitch sounds worrisome but I replayed Train Station just fine, doing Dig Site now. Actually havent had any lockups during my 8.5 hours (in-game time) playing.

edit: I see someone else was fine up until past Dig Site... well fingers crossed I guess
I was fine doing mission replays all the way up until Castle. It started freezing on the load screen to Upper Castle after you activate the elevator and that was all she wrote!

I couldn't abort the mission without a freeze or load Upper Castle without a freeze but I was able to revisit the Black Sun mission without a freeze. Until I beat stage 2 of the final boss that is. It freezes every time when I beat his 2nd stage and there's no way out now.

All I can say is that if you're going to replay missions, don't do it! This game needs a patch in a bad way.

Jerkkhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #71
Issun

Issun101's Gamercard
For me, I got through every mission accessible from mid-town without a hitch. It was only until I tried to replay the radio station that the game started freezing. Even then, it would only freeze when I tried to abort or finish the mission.

To anyone who's yet to start the game, make sure you collect everything your first time through or it looks like you'll have to start a new game entirely. Or at least until Raven releases a patch, that is.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #72
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Can anyone confirm that it is only from doing replays? Like say if I was to start over fresh and get everything by following to guide, it wouldnt freeze ? that would be helpful

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #73
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Can anyone confirm that it is only from doing replays? Like say if I was to start over fresh and get everything by following to guide, it wouldnt freeze ? that would be helpful
Nobody can say 100%.From all the posts it looks like replaying is the killer.I am about to do Hospital tonight and as I said I replayed a mission.However,I'm not going to start over until I hit the bug cause if I'm lucky,I won't run into it.If you've only just started the game,by all means restart.Just be careful with the collectables as the guide on here is super but lists stuff that either isn't there or is out of sequence (or at least it was last time I printed it off).

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #74
Genesis x360a

Its not just re-playing that mess's up the game, I didnt even play any single player I didnt even click on the single from the main menu lol i went str8 into MP and then when i backed it froze up on me, But if you have a MU you can get past the freezing but you cant save or load anything else it crashes, Im using the method to get onto MP and get them cheeves, Ill probally do 1 playthrough to get some single player cheeves but i have to leave my 360 on. Lets hope activision get there arse in gear over this but apparently they cant re-create the problem to sort it out.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #75
italianstallion

stallion83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Has anyone tried deleting the various saves in the save file? I am going to try that later. I'm going to delete all but three of them. I will back it up before hand of course.

Check the Newest Episode of the Podcast Here
FaceBook |Twitter | YouTube
1 Million Gamerscore |
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #76
GenericNPC

Im Dan Hibiki's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime shooter View Post
fuck this freezing shit Im done with this shit It freezes everytime damnit
If you go through it right it wont at all, Mine didnt freeze
GenericNPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #77
demi

Is everyone having trouble when they replay Castle? Maybe you could leave that one for last? I'm about to finish Farm and no trouble yet.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #78
Diog3nes

I am curious to know if anyone restarted a new game playing without replaying a level. I started a new game and plan on rushing through it just to see if it still freezes.
Diog3nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #79
BwK95
Banned User

II NeroTag II's Gamercard
ive had this promblem i just cleaned it with a cloth and then it worked perfectly
BwK95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #80
Diog3nes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwK95 View Post
ive had this promblem i just cleaned it with a cloth and then it worked perfectly
Either you are implying we are all idiots and dont know how to check and clean a disk or your the idiot for posting this. You can take your pick but im leaning towards the latter.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #81
Genesis x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
Has anyone tried deleting the various saves in the save file? I am going to try that later. I'm going to delete all but three of them. I will back it up before hand of course.
Ive tryed everything dude, Ill list what doesn't work below,

1) Deleting save files.
2) Clearing chache.
3) Recovering gamertag.
4) Copy gamertag on a MU.
5) Installing on harddrive.
6) Unistalling game, Recovering gamertag, installing game, accepting update.
7) Recovering gamertag on to another 360.
8) Using a different game.

Ive tryed all of these and non of them worked, Its something to do ith the gamertag because i run the game perfectly on my Silver back up account. The only way around the start screen freezing is use a MU and when it asks you to choose a save device just hit B to go back and you can access everything, The only thing is you cant save or load anything, This is how im able to get the MP achievements and ill probally do 1 playthrough leaving my 360 on overnight.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #82
Sourman145

sourman145's Gamercard
I think Genesis has an isolated problem(haven't heard anyone else expereince it), but as long as you don't replay a mission, you will be fine. I had my game freeze on me my first playthrough in downtown around 80%(i had replayed missions), then on my second i never replayed and got all collectibles
Old 08-26-2009, 01:39 AM   #83
Genesis x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourman145 View Post
I think Genesis has an isolated problem(haven't heard anyone else expereince it), but as long as you don't replay a mission, you will be fine. I had my game freeze on me my first playthrough in downtown around 80%(i had replayed missions), then on my second i never replayed and got all collectibles
There's 2 different types of Freezing, 1 is the Replay mission freeze and the other is the freeze where it freezes on the Start screen with the flaming plane, Both are pretty common tbh. There's 100's of threads and posts on the Wolfenstein forums. Activision are trying to sort it out but they can't re-create the problem or so they say.

Last edited by Genesis x360a; 08-26-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #84
Diog3nes

Thanks Sourman for the info. I was really hoping someone had some info on playing a new game after the freezing issue. I just started again and i am hoping i can say the same.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #85
Sourman145

sourman145's Gamercard
yeah youre right genesis, i checked the wolf forums and people are experiences the same issue as you
apparently activision's having trouble recreating the problem
Old 08-26-2009, 02:23 AM   #86
demi

I just got hit with it too.

My progress:

Game Completion - 95%

Gold Found - 85% (100% Midtown)

Tomes - 65%

Intel - 90%

Last thing I did was replay SS Headquarters

edit: Tried reloading earlier and go to Downtown and it glitched. Guess I am replaying on Easy

Last edited by demi; 08-26-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #87
Lxbox360

Marcus Fenixx's Gamercard
Id and Raven

i think that these two developers or whatever they call them, need to take their time on making games, i can tell they rush it, i mean come on! what is up with the FREEZE! im in Downtown trying to go back to Midtown but it decided to freeze good job lame developers your with eidos
Lxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:31 AM   #88
Inked and Pierced

TATTOO FREAK's Gamercard
Yup It has frozen on me multiple times. I am sure they are aware of the problem as well as the many other problems and are working on a patch. hopefully. *crossing fingers*
Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #89
GenericNPC

Im Dan Hibiki's Gamercard
you all should read my guide its how to get through the game with all collectibles without freezing including myself I have 2 confirmed that it worked
GenericNPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #90
scorpy78

k1ll1ng slayer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericNPC View Post
you all should read my guide its how to get through the game with all collectibles without freezing including myself I have 2 confirmed that it worked
thank you but your guide is only for those who are at the beginning of the game, I only have to collect all collectables in midtown and it froze so I'll wait for patch or throw the game in the bin
scorpy78 is offline   Reply With Quote