Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Treasure Trove Troubles...

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any S rankers could give me some advice on Treasure Trove. I've just started the game and I've just met the council for the first time, and already, the prospect of ticking off every item upon entering a new area is seriously frustrating. It's by no means difficult but I can see this severely interfering with the flow of the game.

I didn't buy the game for achievements (It's a JRPG ofc) and it's looking like I'll have to let my achievement lust fall by the wayside if I have any intention of getting immersed into the game. But I do intend to S-Rank it...eventually.

So I have a few questions. Given that this is my first time ever touching the game, is Treasure Trove feasible? Did any of you go after it on your first playthrough and did it negatively affect your enjoyment of the game? Did any of you relagate it to a second playthrough, if so, how long did a pure Treasure Trove run take you? And finally I'm a little confused as to whether this achievement is truly "missable" It's my understanding there's an auction house where you can buy Treasures from places of no return? Is it possible I collect nothing up to Disk 4 then just go back through every location?

I'm really just looking for the best of way tackling this.

Last edited by Vault Lad; 07-03-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Vault Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Lad View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any S rankers could give me some advice on Treasure Trove. I've just started the game and I've just met the council for the first time, and already, the prospect of ticking off every item upon entering a new area is seriously frustrating. It's by no means difficult but I can see this severely interfering with the flow of the game.

I didn't buy the game for achievements (It's a JRPG ofc) and it's looking like I'll have to let my achievement lust fall by the wayside if I have any intention of getting immersed into the game. But I do intend to S-Rank it...eventually.

So I have a few questions. Given that this is my first time ever touching the game, is Treasure Trove feasible? Did any of you go after it on your first playthrough and did it negatively affect your enjoyment of the game? Did any of you relagate it to a second playthrough, if so, how long did a pure Treasure Trove run take you? And finally I'm a little confused as to whether this achievement is truly "missable" It's my understanding there's an auction house where you can buy Treasures from places of no return? Is it possible I collect nothing up to Disk 4 then just go back through every location?

I'm really just looking for the best of way tackling this.
I went after it my second time through and it didn't negatively affect my outlook on the game until Temple of Enlightenment, I do believe that it only took me around 50-60 hours max while only going after the items. That's also including the time I spent grinding Numara Atoll as well though after getting Sarah and trying to level all of the Mortals up as well as having my Immortals learn skills as well. However I will say, it would have affected my outlook on the game on the first time through from the start.

I believe this achievement isn't missable, it's only Spell Collector that is because of two spells you get on Disc 2. What I would just recommend doing is using Split's video guide and walkthrough at the same time. His videos for the actual items and the walkthrough for the bosses.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Thanks for responding. I decided to tackle it on the first playthrough, and I can say it hasn't affected my enjoyment. It's actually quite gratifying, to clear out every area meticulously.

If any new players were in a similiar boat to me I can't stess printing out the Treasure Trove guide enough. Having a guide physically beside you with a pen is far far easier than dumping it in a word doc on your laptop or whatever. Feels far more natural than looking back and forth at two screens as well.

I'm up to disk 4 so far, and it was surprisingly painless (experimental staff not withstanding) so I wouldn't reccomend saving this cheevo for a 2nd playthrough, it will literally take a solid 50 hours extra. Knock it out on the first if you can.

edit: Protip - somewhere around disk 1 you'll get an accessory than teaches you Turn Tail. This guarantees you'll be able to flee. Teach this to Kaim and Seth asap. When item hunting, the last thing you want to deal with is nagging random battles. This will pay dividends in parts of disk 2, 3 and one very annoying part of disk 4 I'm led to believe.

Last edited by Vault Lad; 07-09-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Vault Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Lad View Post
Thanks for responding. I decided to tackle it on the first playthrough, and I can say it hasn't affected my enjoyment. It's actually quite gratifying, to clear out every area meticulously.

If any new players were in a similiar boat to me I can't stess printing out the Treasure Trove guide enough. Having a guide physically beside you with a pen is far far easier than dumping it in a word doc on your laptop or whatever. Feels far more natural than looking back and forth at two screens as well.

I'm up to disk 4 so far, and it was surprisingly painless (experimental staff not withstanding) so I wouldn't reccomend saving this cheevo for a 2nd playthrough, it will literally take a solid 50 hours extra. Knock it out on the first if you can.

edit: Protip - somewhere around disk 1 you'll get an accessory than teaches you Turn Tail. This guarantees you'll be able to flee. Teach this to Kaim and Seth asap. When item hunting, the last thing you want to deal with is nagging random battles. This will pay dividends in parts of disk 2, 3 and one very annoying part of disk 4 I'm led to believe.
When I originally started the game on my first playthrough, I was going to try for Treasure Trove. However, once I got to Experimental Staff I gave up on it. Actually, that made me give up on the game for a long time since I hated that area so much.

I personally preferred Splitís video guide, I would rather watch someone get all of the treasures and know exactly where they are at as opposed to sitting in an area for an hour and finding out that I wasnít in the right area.

If you havenít had to go back to Numara yet, I would highly recommend fighting Persona then getting all of your Immortals to know Absorb Fire. It will make Numara much easier.

It will help you out in Numara in Disc 4, as well as the Temple of Enlightenment. Treasure Trove isnít that bad with the exception of Experimental Staff and Temple of Enlightenment. I despised Temple of Enlightenment. I actually used Turn Tail on everything unless I was trying to learn something or it was a boss.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote