PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 AM   #31
Steve Lucifuge

Send a message via AIM to Steve Lucifuge Send a message via MSN to Steve Lucifuge Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Lucifuge

TD Lucifuge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIOTsmile View Post
As per Three for Three on Silent Knight Extreme: Based on the description given, even beating the times listed, I couldn't get all three guys to be standing next to the explosive walls at the same time. The real problem was the guy in the room that you put the detonator gel on the ceiling, because just after the one minute mark he walks out.

The solution I came up with follows this guide exactly, until you plant your third wall charge. You grapple up the top of that wall and then you're supposed to Line Launch across the room. BEFORE you line launch, turn to look into the room with the explosive ceiling and quickly batarang that guy. No one will notice and it will buy you the extra few seconds you need. Follow the rest of the guide as written.
Genius

Steve Lucifuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #32
DRADISc0ntact

DRADISc0ntact's Gamercard
Nice guide. The only one I've gotten so far is Silent Knight. Best time was about 1:02. There are some wicked fast times on the leader board. Guy in the #1 spot right now is at 0:28 seconds! I don't think I'll ever be that fast. Wish I could see a video of that.
DRADISc0ntact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #33
Flik

LightningFlik's Gamercard
If you want to stick a video in to your handy guide DivinityCycle, you can use this video I made of a very quick method of doing all objectives on Invisible Predator EXTREME.

(Note: I didn't think up the strategy so don't compliment me on it, just showing it to those who need to see it in motion).

Old 08-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #34
fbskiracer

FBSkiRacer63's Gamercard
I still need help with that break your fall medal.

Got it finally.

Easiest way to do it is to use the line launcher and take someone out then RT-Y them

Last edited by fbskiracer; 08-30-2009 at 01:09 AM.
fbskiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #35
Xandet

Xandet's Gamercard
Thanks you! A bunch of your strategies helped me out a lot..

Cheers, my crime fighting amigos!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #36
MasterToker

cronicbreath's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How do I unlock more of the predator challanges I only have the first one so far

Sig Done By NightDragon
MasterToker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #37
FlyBoy120586

BManning05's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterToker View Post
How do I unlock more of the predator challanges I only have the first one so far
You have to do the Riddler stuff

FlyBoy120586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #38
MasterToker

cronicbreath's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Ok but witch ones. Is it takeing pictures or is it collecting the riddler signs

Sig Done By NightDragon
MasterToker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:50 AM   #39
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
may be a silly question but how you smash through the ceiling glass for the "Smash Landing" Predator Medal?

Obviously it has to be at the shack in the middle of the area but I can't seem to land on it with enough force to bust through. What's the trick?

Edit: Never mind Figured it out. you just need to stand on the glass and then you get a Y prompt to bust through when a goon walks underneath

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by DarthSoth; 08-31-2009 at 02:53 AM.
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 AM   #40
FlyBoy120586

BManning05's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterToker View Post
Ok but witch ones. Is it takeing pictures or is it collecting the riddler signs
It's probably the picture ones. I don't really know, but it comes up on the screen whenever you unlock one. If you look at the Riddler Challenge screen after pressing "BACK" on the controller, some of the challenges have little keys next to them. Those are the ones that unlock stuff.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #41
zafiros bonitos

zafiros bonitos's Gamercard
I'm new here. Thanks for the guide, helped alot. I found an easier way to get the chain reaction medal from the Record Breaker (Extreme) challenge and I finished in 1:32 with all 3 medals, here's the link.

Last edited by zafiros bonitos; 08-31-2009 at 02:06 PM.
zafiros bonitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #42
taylorxxx

taylorxxx's Gamercard
in the interest of saving space, i ask this here even though i'm not sure it's the best way to get the fastest answer.

anywho, i'm doing the challenge where you have to take out 3 dudes, 3 walls. now, my problem, the bottom wall, where you have to throw the sonic bat-a-rang to attract the dude, just keeps stunning him.

I've moved the sonic and the blast all over, but nothing ever changes. Help a brother out!

(i posted this in a different thread, but was aimed here by a helpful user)
taylorxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #43
Da Babykicker

Argus87's Gamercard
omg thank you! i couldnt do that one where you blow up 3 diff walls for 3 diff guys until i read this! worked like a charm! props!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #44
Mystic-H

Mystic H's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorxxx View Post
in the interest of saving space, i ask this here even though i'm not sure it's the best way to get the fastest answer.

anywho, i'm doing the challenge where you have to take out 3 dudes, 3 walls. now, my problem, the bottom wall, where you have to throw the sonic bat-a-rang to attract the dude, just keeps stunning him.

I've moved the sonic and the blast all over, but nothing ever changes. Help a brother out!

(i posted this in a different thread, but was aimed here by a helpful user)
All I can say is to make sure you throw the Sonic Batarang as close to the wall as possible... I guess you're just getting unlucky in that he's not going close enough to the wall.

Mystic-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #45
taylorxxx

taylorxxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic-H View Post
All I can say is to make sure you throw the Sonic Batarang as close to the wall as possible... I guess you're just getting unlucky in that he's not going close enough to the wall.
man, i've thrown it right on the gel, up in the far corner of the room (so he physically enters the room), on the chair in the room, down in the far corner. everywhere. I'm not sure what to do.
taylorxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #46
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
#4 Silent Predator - I'm 9th in the world because I did it this way.

Right when you start, select explosive gel and spray in on the stairs that are right in front of you. Sprint down the stairs and jump down the vent, they will shoot at you. Follow the vent to your right and plant explosive gel on the wall. There should be 4-6 henchman by the wall. Blow it up. When a henchman walks by, jump out of the vent and silent takedown him. Take down the remaining guys and wellah! I did it in 0:56 seconds.
My Gamertag is Papa Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #47
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
Nice looking guide, thanks. Just beat the game on HARD, will try the challenges tonight

STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #48
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
how do you do a glide kick without being on a gargoyle? ive never gotten the option when standing on a building. does it have to be a tall building?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #49
FlyBoy120586

BManning05's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
how do you do a glide kick without being on a gargoyle? ive never gotten the option when standing on a building. does it have to be a tall building?
Just stand near the edge and wait for the blue bat symbol over the guys head. The enemy will have to be not too close but not too far away for it to work. For the extreme challenge in the medical building its not a good idea to get on a gargoyle so I stood on the building where the ceiling is explodable. Just be sure the enemy is not too close to the ledge cause batman will kick him over the ledge and you wont be able to do a ground takedown which is required for the challenge.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:31 AM   #50
Bradlez92

Bradlez92's Gamercard
How do you "break your fall"?

This is bothering me soooo much!

Bradlez92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #51
Bloodrune

Bloodrune's Gamercard
To kill enemies with exploding walls, the gel needs to be BEHIND the wall so the debris hits them. If the gel is on the same side of the wall that they're on, it will just stun them
Bloodrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #52
FlyBoy120586

BManning05's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradlez92 View Post
How do you "break your fall"?

This is bothering me soooo much!
I'm gunna go ahead and quote myself from the first page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy120586 View Post
Just hang from a ledge and drop (or walk off a platform) onto a guy and when he's on the ground, Hit RT+Y to do a ground takedown

Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #53
mst3k 420

mst3k 420's Gamercard
good guide. thanx.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #54
Ackis

Send a message via ICQ to Ackis Send a message via AIM to Ackis Send a message via MSN to Ackis Send a message via Yahoo to Ackis

CanadaAckis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinityCycle View Post
For achievements, the clock does not matter, its purely for the Leaderboards. Each Challenge Room has three medal challenges, which must be done during the same playthrough.
I'm not clear with this, does this mean I can take 10 minutes to do a challenge and as long as I get all three of the requirements, it's considered "gold"? Unlike the other challenges which are related to score?
Ackis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #55
Kebabsaurus Rex

Kebabsaurus Rex's Gamercard
#5-Silent Knight (Extreme)
Enemies: 6
My best gold time: ----- (I haven't done it yet)

Three For Three: "Take down 3 henchmen with 3 different walls at once using Explosive Gel."

for anyone having trouble with this DO THIS:

activate detective mode, run forward and right under the walkway until you get to the floor you can destroy. Spray explosive gel under this.

Now go and climb up to the place where you can spray explosive gel on TOP of the roof - spray it once.

Now line launch to the end of the room, drop down and spray you last gel on the wall.

Climb up and wait for all 3 guys to get into position, then detonate and bang there you go.

I tried the method on the youtube video 50 times and couldnt get it to work.

Whis way its the first bat you get.

The windows arent destroyed by the blast in the place you destroyed the roof so you can go over there and then line lauch through the window to get one of the guys who will come to investigate the explosion or plant a sonic batarang and then get him.

Last bat is very easy then - glide and ground takeout
Kebabsaurus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #56
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackis View Post
I'm not clear with this, does this mean I can take 10 minutes to do a challenge and as long as I get all three of the requirements, it's considered "gold"? Unlike the other challenges which are related to score?
Exactly. The gold for the Predator maps is based on the goals it set forth. The times are just for the leaderboard thing if your competitive like that and because technically if you don't try for any medals I'm sure the goons can be taken down lickety split.
Take as long as you want to get those three goals and the "gold"

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #57
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Okay, so I was trying to beat my times on the normal Predator Challenge maps and couple things I found out.

First, you can also drop on someone from a gargoyle while hanging. Just hit A to drop when the Inverted Takedown prompt comes up. On Survival Tactics, sometimes a thug is stupid enough to be alone and under a gargoyle, sometimes you have lure him.

On Record Breaker grappled to the other end of the room, sonic lured a thug, took him down then quickly grappled up to the ledge to ledge takedown. I jumped to the top of the stacks in the middle and when they all run to check the noise, one silly goose stayed on the ledge long enough I could grapple him. The rest was just multi rang and ground take down.
Invisible Predator- Divinity is right, getting all three with one shot with the wall at the foot of the stairs can be tricky. It's a matter of where you takedown the guy there. I'd go downstairs, take him down so he's right in plain sight. I'd usually hear a "What the?" run to the other side, spray gel on the wall and hide. Most of the time I could get 3 with one boom. Jump out of grate, sonic lure, takedown, gel floor near body and wait for the rest to get where I want them.

I don't know how useless this post may be but I thought I'd share just in case people are still having trouble and because its just one more way to get a better time. I don't know, it's late okay.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #58
Angelky

Send a message via AIM to Angelky Send a message via MSN to Angelky Send a message via Yahoo to Angelky

Angel Raiken's Gamercard
thank you i been trying to get that silent knight extreme one for a bit now, i want my perfect knight achievement,(even though the combat based ones might take awhile)(espically freeflow prefection)

Angelky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #59
GGDoubleG

GGDoubleG's Gamercard
I Glide Kick, then RT+Y for Ground Takedown when the guy has stars swirling over his head. I did this for 3 times x 10 games already, but still cannot get the Bat for this Survival Tactics...
Any comments guys? Pls help!
GGDoubleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #60
GGDoubleG

GGDoubleG's Gamercard
I get it now... Glide on the top of the dude instead of Glide Kick.
Stupid me...
GGDoubleG is offline   Reply With Quote