Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
preppypoof

preppypoof's Gamercard
***How to do the Language Trick to Boost Lone Wolves Achievements***

Since there are a million threads and posts of people asking how to do this, with very little people actually explaining how, I thought I'd make this new thread. If you appreciate it, perhaps ask a mod for a sticky

***Authoritative Guide to the Language Trick***

1. Get into a party with those that you want to boost with
  • Normal voice chat is not possible in Lone Wolves, so this makes it easier to communicate with your fellow boosters.
  • You must be within 10 ranks of everyone that you wish to boost with, or you won't be able to boost with all of them. For example, if I am level 25 and three of my friends are 20-22, but one of my friends is 13, I will (likely) be in a group by myself, and my other four friends will be in a group instead.
  • The number of people you need depends on what achievements you need. For example, if you need Overkill, you're going to need at least 5. If you need Steppin' Razor, you're going to need at least 4. But it is very possible to boost with less than a full game (i.e. 6 people).
2. Switch your console's language to Korean
  • From the Dashboard, go to My Xbox -> Console Settings -> System Settings -> Change Language and Locale -> Change Language -> Korean (The second to last choice)
  • Now your console is in Korean, so you can hardly read anything, but that's okay. Just start Halo 3. The easiest way to do this is to press the Xbox guide button and choose the bottom selection (assuming you already have Halo 3 in your tray).
3. Change your matchmaking preferences, and start matchmaking
  • All of the menu options are in Korean, but don't worry. From the main menu, select Matchmaking (third from the top). Then, change your game type to Lone Wolves if it isn't already (thankfully, these labels are in English). Finally, press "X" to change your matchmaking options, and select the bottom option. This changes your matchmaking preferences to only search for people who speak your same language. Achievement boosters are the only people who do matchmaking preferences this way, so when you start matchmaking, you should only get people from your party (and maybe a couple extra boosters).
  • Once everyone in your party has done this, everyone in the party should press "A" to start matchmaking. If you did all of the above steps correctly, you will soon get into a game with everyone from your party!
4. Boost to your heart's content
  • Depending on what achievements you need, your party may want to veto the map choice. For example, if all you need is "Two for One", then veto any map choice that doesn't have the Spartan Laser.
  • Some people have reported being XP banned after doing this. Bungie doesn't seem to care if people boost Lone Wolves achievements, but they take XP Boosters very seriously. So, when you're boosting Lone Wolves achievements, just make sure that one person isn't getting all of the kills, or it will look like that person is XP boosting. Also, don't quit the game - let it finish.
5. Change your achievements back to English
  • So, you've gotten all of your Lone Wolves achievements. Congratulations! But...they are in Korean? Don't worry, it is very easy to change them back to English. First, change your language back to English. From the dashboard, choose My Xbox. Then, the choice on the far right. Then, the top choice. Then, the third choice. Then the top choice. Now, select English.
  • Now, sign out and recover your gamertag. Once you sign back in, your achievements are now back to English!
Well, that's it. If there are any corrections (including spelling, grammar, etc.) please let me know either by PM or by replying to this post. And, if you found it useful, a bump and/or sticky request would be nice
Old 08-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Atroxx70

atroxx70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Looks good, I'll probably use it when I get around to boosting some. I totally didn't know that it actually changed the language of all the text. I guess I was thinking it had to do with your preferred language so it would match you up to people you could talk to in a given language. I would have been very lost trying to set it back to English lol.

Question to the people who boost, do you ever come across anyone who is actually playing and not boosting using this trick? If so about how often?

http://www.youtube.com/Atroxx70 <~~OMG it's another youtube channel!!!
http://twitter.com/atroxx70

Quote:
WARNING: Use of the UMP may cause you to believe you possess more skill than you actually have!

Atroxx70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
preppypoof

preppypoof's Gamercard
thanks for the compliment, but uh...not to be mean or anything, but could you guys NOT use this thread for achievement trading? that's a really good way to get it locked. go to the Halo 3 Achievement Trading Thread.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 10-01-2009 at 02:58 AM.
preppypoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
spearmintg

Spearmint Spaff's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypoof View Post
thanks for the compliment, but uh...not to be mean or anything, but could you guys NOT use this thread for achievement trading? that's a really good way to get it locked. go to the Halo 3 Achievement Trading Thread.
Fair does. Sorry.

On topic, do you have to recover your gamertag or can you just sign in after changing the language??
spearmintg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
preppypoof

preppypoof's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearmintg View Post
Fair does. Sorry.

On topic, do you have to recover your gamertag or can you just sign in after changing the language??
you have to recover, not just sign out/sign back in. it only takes a couple minutes though. you don't even have to delete your gamertag first.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
Lokito1991

Lokito1991's Gamercard
Does this still work? Cuz my friend recovered his GT and lost all his cheevos.
Lokito1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
Headshot Zeetie

Headshot Zeetie's Gamercard
old news. just because people dont use the search function doesnt mean it doesnt work
Headshot Zeetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
Lokito1991

Lokito1991's Gamercard
I'm sorry? Couldn't understand what you meant.

The thing is... does it erase all of your achievements?

Last edited by Lokito1991; 06-02-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Lokito1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #9
DOBOYX2

DOBOYX2's Gamercard
looks good but I got all my lone wolves achievements now
Old 06-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
JuCaMo

JuCaMo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokito1991 View Post
The thing is... does it erase all of your achievements?
This only happens if you don't sign into live before recovering your gt. For example, let's say you won an achievement offline at a friend's house and forgot to sign into xbox live before finishing. You go home and boot up the xbox to recover your gt. The achievement you just earned will be missing because you recovered your gt at a state in which you hadn't earned it yet. Hope that makes sense.

Since these achievements are picked up online anyways you won't have to worry about it.