PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > General Entertainment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #31
martdude16

KILL3R N4SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
2pac - Better Dayz
"Street Fame"

Pharoahe Monch - Desire
"Let's Go"

Could only find the song off a mixtape, but it's on the album.

Chali 2na - Fish Outta Water
"4 Be Be"

Thats's just a few of the albums i'm listening to at the moment, and my favourite track on them.

Also whoever posted the Immortal Technique tracks, amazing. Been trying to get those albums but don't have the cash at the moment.

Last edited by martdude16; 08-31-2009 at 10:15 AM.
martdude16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #32
Shadow Warlock

Shadow Warlock's Gamercard
I've recently just started watching the show Metalocalypse, so i went and picked up the Dethklok album entitled "Dethalbum"

One of my favorite songs from the album and the TV show is this:

Mainly because of the way they summon a giant troll to destroy the country, made me laugh alot and the song is just badass.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 PM   #33
x MrsMassacre x

Sodapop Gatts's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I love ska. I've been listening to Skankin Pickle a lot.they're pretty rad[=

x MrsMassacre x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:59 PM   #34
Megafones x360a

Megafones's Gamercard
Mastodon - Crack The Skye

Still listening to this album at least once a day, everybody needs to get this album, it's amazing. Full of beautiful melodic patterns hidden in-between heavy riffs and bass lines topped off with rather unique vocals from Brent Hinds make this (to me) the most audibly pleasing album of theirs to date.

10/10

If you'd like to hear more, HERE is a thread I made dedicated to Mastodon, there's a whole post of Crack The Skye songs on their too.
Megafones x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #35
shilbo-assassin

the Bunk 187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Jackie Brown soundtrack. Tarantino's (arguably) best film has an awesome soundtrack. The tunes are ace yet different - some old (school), some new, some soul, some funky, mostly R&B, soul etc.

Maybe not for everyone but I don't normally listen to R&B or anything like that yet I liked this a lot.

8000G Pro Evo

Last edited by shilbo-assassin; 09-01-2009 at 01:23 AM.
shilbo-assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #36
Da_moopintot

Moopintot's Gamercard
Frightened Rabbit and MGMT, both two great bands.

Da_moopintot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:03 AM   #37
GeezusDylan160

GeezusDyian160's Gamercard

I'm really digging this album lately, especially the tracks Just tonight, The Kill, Drugs or Me and Polaris, the latter two being two of my favourite songs at this moment. It's a great and true Rock/Alternative album. Jimmy Eat World are true musical geniuses at times and I am highly anticipating their new album in the near future.

and are two Foo Fighters albums that i've been listening to forever. TCATS has been one of my all-time favourite albums since it came out when I was a kid and I harbor a love for the masterpiece that is In Your Honor.

Favourite tracks from TCATS:
-Wind Up
-My Hero
-February Stars
-Everlong
-Walking After you

again with the latter two being two of my all time favourite songs.

Favourites from IYH:
-In Your Honor
-Best Of You
-DOA
-The Deepest Blues Are Black
-End Over End
-Still
-Miracle
-Another Round
-Friend of a Friend (absolutely beautiful track)
-Razor

I recommend all albums mentioned above
Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 AM   #38
institutions

Send a message via MSN to institutions

institutions's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Wow, 56k warning thread, lol. Anyways, 2 albums from me, both totally different styles.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

This album is one of Pink Floyd's greatest. Very calming, great to listen to while reading or just chilling.
One of the best songs on the album is Time, in my opinion.

Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

Rap fans and metal fans should appreciate this one. Great vocals and drums here. Tom Morello's guitar work is weird (as always) but great.
Favorite song: Take The Power Back

^This song has a funky sweet bass line, starts at 0:18 in the vid.

institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #39
Ostrodamus

OSTRODAMUS's Gamercard
I'm gonna try to do this but I suck at the whole placing images in forums thing. I currently have these playing...

For my different moods I have chosen the current albums...

Punk - Anti-Flag; For Blood and Empire

My favorite songs would have to be "I'd Tell you but..." and "This is the End (for you my friend)". The first one because it's just so up-tempo and typical Anti-Flag with their politically fueled lyrics. The second song because it sends such a powerful message about conformity and society destroying our self esteem and outlook on life in general.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCYF0gLzc6E...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCYF0gLzc6E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Metal/Numetal - Otep; Sevas Tra

My favorite song is "Sacrilege". I love her (yes HER) vocals on this song especially. It goes from numetal raprock straight into hardcore screaming in the chorus. Also check out "Battle Ready".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9jZKa2cAcxA...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9jZKa2cAcxA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ska Punk - Catch 22; Keasbey Nights

This is one of those albums that you can listen to over and over again without skipping tracks or getting bored. It's just such a energetic album, a must if you like ska punk. I especially like the song "Keasbey Nights".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/syCMHtNUlLE...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/syCMHtNUlLE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jazz/Blues - Nat King Cole; The Greatest Hits

What is there to be said about Nat King Cole? I attained a love for blues/jazz early when my mother would play an old NKC christmas vinyl record over and over all year round. I think the most recognizable song to anyone not familiar with his music is probably "Unforgettable".

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vDN5rG3wLa4...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vDN5rG3wLa4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I no longer have Looney Toons: AA (EUR). Please do not FR and message me anymore regarding it. ("Bugs' Bug" achievement passed on to: 18 gamers)
Ostrodamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #40
x400C

Slowreader - s/t quite possibly the best album I've ever heard. Beautiful, melodic bedroom pop rock. For fans of Elliott Smith.

Three 6 Mafia - Mystic Stylez triple 6 at their best. some of the finest in horrorcore. i first heard this album in 8th grade. i've been hooked since then.

Lady Gaga - The Fame definitely my guilty pleasure. good, senseless pop music. gets the ladies dancing. my favorite tracks: "Paparazzi", "Starstruck" and "Paper Gangsta"
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #41
Deyankees1

Send a message via AIM to Deyankees1 Send a message via MSN to Deyankees1

DeYanKees1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Lately its been

Rise Against: Siren song of a counter culture.

Threat Signal: Under Reprisal
I went back after not hearing it for about 2 years lol
Got all is said and done stuck in my head.
Deyankees1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #42
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Of Course as always I have been cranking my boys from Linkin Park. All of the albums. I can listen to anything by them all the way through. I have a playlist on my iPod with all their albums, b-sides, live and unrealeased stuff
"Hunger Strike" which was a collabo by the band Temple of The Dog (which had members of Soundgarden & Pearl Jam). This song is on an EP of theirs that was released earlier this year and the cover is sweet. Glad they did that with Cornell for sure!

Which is my lead in to my favorite album of all time that I listen to almost almost every day (sometimes every other day):

Pearl Jam's "Ten" album changed my life forever in terms of music. From the moment I heard the opening to Once I was hooked. Alive is in my top 3 all time for favorite songs. Anyone who has not heard this should do themselves a favor and get it ASAP (although I have a tough time believing anyone who listens to music has not at least heard of PJ ) I cannot wait for their new album Backspacer later this month
I am already hooked on the lead single "The Fixer" off of Backspacer.
"Backspacer" in stores Sept 22nd!

Lastly been listening to a shitload of Muse in anticipation for their new album, much like Pearl Jam.
I have been cranking a lot of Stockholm Syndrome, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Assassin, and Hysteria among others. The songs that have leaked off the new album are awesome and I expect The Resistance to be a killer album like all their albums are. "United States of Eurasia" and "Uprising" are the two songs that have leaked.
"The Resistance" comes out September 15th. Going to be awesome!!

Last edited by Vendetta; 09-05-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #43
Smoochy

This past week or so I've been listening to this album:

Hell Songs by Daughters

It's what many people would call math rock (or something like that. Though Daughters first album is mathcore, they cut out the screaming in this CD). It's not for everyone. Actually, you have to have a really open mind about music to find this stuff tolerable (if this isn't your normal style of music).
Old 09-05-2009, 12:54 AM   #44
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Lately, I've just been bouncing around from CD to CD, but a friend of mine told me to listen to Austrian Death Machine. And after checking them out, their pretty damned good. And funny.

The lead singer is from As I Lay Dying, and can do quite the Arnold Schwarzenegger impression. And, all their songs are based off of one liners from his various movies. Such as, "Get to the Choppa", "Come With Me if You Want to Live", "It's Not a Tumor", "Who is Your Daddy, What Does He Do?", and my favorite, "I Am A Cybernetic Organism, Living Tissue Over (Metal) Endoskeleton"

Their definitely worth checking out.

------

And as I wait for Five Finger Death Punch's new album to drop, Ive been listening to a lot of All That Remains. Here's two of my favorite songs from them.

Two Weeks:

And The Weak Willed:

Phil Labonte's vocals are just amazing, IMO. And Jason Costa is something else on the drums.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #45
Gumby™

Gifted Gumby's Gamercard

Good Burger soundtrack

Gumby™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:56 AM   #46
xSh4rpxSh0tx

zWiiCKeDxFoCUSz's Gamercard

Rust in Peace - Megadeth, a kick ass album by a kick ass band.
xSh4rpxSh0tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #47
KSizzle

KSizzle BW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

Those are two of the greatest records I have ever heard in my life....Great taste in music there man!

Also, I hear ya Vendetta...That album is just flawless...Amazing! We gotta jam some Backspacer on RB

Last edited by KSizzle; 09-05-2009 at 05:32 AM.
KSizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #48
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Evanescence: Fallen

I don't ussually like them but for some reason I just have this urge to listen to them. My favourite is deffinetly 'My Immortal' and 'Under'.

These two song's aren't on Fallen but they are my other two favourites.

The Beatles: LOVE

Every song on this album is so good I can't imagine picking a favourite. My favourite Beatle was George Harrison so I guess I'll say 'When my Guitar gently wheeps'. During my trip to Vegas in the summer I got to see the live show at the Mirage, and it was stupendous. The next day I bought the album and have been drunk on The Beatles ever since.

It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Last edited by Purge; 09-05-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #49
Smoochy

Just started listening to this album last night.

Chaos Is Me by Orchid

I love Orchid. They're what you'd call "real" screamo or what was known also as emo-violence. Not screamo in the modern day sense (Alesana, Chiodos, Taking Back Sunday, and etc...), but the old school style of screamo that started forming as an off branch of hardcore punk mixed with grindcore. Pretty intense stuff.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #50
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

@ Purge

I was able to see Evanescence live and Amy Lee has an amazing voice. She came out solo for My Immortal and played on the piano and sang. They had the spotlight on her and everything. It was amazing. I do believe she used to be an opera singer before Evanescence.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #51
Revolver

Send a message via AIM to Revolver Send a message via MSN to Revolver

RevolverOcl2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Swan Songs - Hollywood Undead

Found these guys while browsing YouTube and I must admit that they play some decent music.
It's supposed to have some rap in it and given how I hate rap I have to say that it's barely noticeable with the addition of some nice music patterns.

I would recommend listening to Kinfe Called Lust and This Love, This Hate for starters since those two are the ones that got me hooked onto this band.

Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #52
thomasgeorge

Send a message via AIM to thomasgeorge Send a message via Skype™ to thomasgeorge

FWR Georgie's Gamercard
hollywood undead is my friends fav band check out the song titled undead. He said it is a good song

I am listening to metallica ride the lightning. My fav song by far

thomasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #53
Captain Fantasm

Captain Fantasm's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_moopintot View Post
Frightened Rabbit and MGMT, both two great bands.
Words cannot describe how right you are on that first call. The Midnight Organ Fight is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time by far.

I've been listening to fair bit of new releases recently.

The Cribs - Ignore The Ignorant = pretty poor
Thrice - Beggars = pretty good
Noah & The Whale - First Days Of Spring = pretty ace
Arctic Monkeys - Humbug = pretty poor

Also been enjoying

Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me
Sigur Ros - (The latest one, I'm not even trying to spell it)
M83 - Saturdays = Youth

Cheers Zippy 101, yeah?
Captain Fantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #54
FakePlasticTree

FakePIasticTree's Gamercard
Currently I'm listening to Anamanaguchi - Power Supply. I've taken a real liking to this band recently.

^^^ Follow Me!!! ^^^
FakePlasticTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #55
x400C

i've been listening to this religiously.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #56
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Lately, I've been listening to Halestorm fro some reason. And yes, it was "Get Off" hat drew me into it.

Radio FTL.

Anywho... my favorite song on their self-titled album has to be Dirty Work.

If there was ever a song I'd wish to have in Guitar Hero...

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #58
Simzo

Send a message via MSN to Simzo Send a message via Skype™ to Simzo

I Are Simon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've been listening to.

Muse - The Resistance

Brand New Eyes - Paramore

Common Dreads - Enter Shikari

Simzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #59
EighthSin

Pezrawr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1

Yes, im listening to some of my old albums :] P.S Green day were good before they commercialized with American Idiot.

Game achievements i'm hunting for :
Halo Anniversary

Last edited by EighthSin; 10-08-2009 at 10:33 PM.
EighthSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #60
MegaSparten360

NFLboy98182's Gamercard
I'm listening to Getting Away With Murder by Papa Roach and City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold

MegaSparten360 is offline   Reply With Quote