PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect
Subscribe    Donate
Mass Effect
Quick links
Latest news
Aug 12, 2015 EA "Investigating" Adding Backwards Compatible Xbox 360 Titles to EA Access
Jan 18, 2010 This Week on Xbox Live [XBLA & DotW]
Aug 25, 2009 Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Shooting for 2-3 Hours Gameplay [Updated: Out Now & Avatar Clothes Available]
Aug 24, 2009 Mass Effect DLC Leaks onto Swiss and Swedish Marketplace
Aug 20, 2009 Mass Effect Updated to 1200!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
DJHirst

Gamertag: DJHirst
pinnacle station dont work????

am i alone in this or what. my pinnacle station doesnt work. iv tryed deleting bring down the sky but without that i cnt play any of my saves thus i cnt play pinnacle station, if i have bring down the sky i cnt play pinnacle station???? can any1 help. thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
HamKet

Gamertag: Ham Salad

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I have the same problem. I cannot get the game to recognize the new content.

I deleted Bring Down the Sky, and the game then added the new achievements, but I could not continue my old game saves.

I'm sure I could start a new game without BDTS installed, but I'd rather not.

EDIT: I found a thread on the Bioware forums that talks about this: http://meforums.bioware.com/forums/v...forum=104&sp=0

It seems that the issue is the Platinum Hits version of the BDTS DLC. If it is installed, the game doesn't recognize the Pinnacle Station DLC. If it isn't installed, the game will see the PS content but any saves with BDTS completed won't load. Sigh.

The only fix that has been found is to download the Marketplace version of the BDTS DLC, but I'm not going to pay $5 for something I've already got.

Last edited by HamKet; 08-25-2009 at 08:35 PM.
HamKet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
mjc0961

Gamertag: mjc0961

Awards Showcase Sister-Site Member   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
... Fuck.

Really, this is bullshit. Maybe they should have tried TESTING this before allowing us to drop $5 on something we can't play? They'd better patch this quick or offer a refund/free copy of Bring Down the Sky from the Marketplace.

If this is the standard Bioware wants to set for their games, Mass Effect 2 can go fuck itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!

Last edited by mjc0961; 08-25-2009 at 10:06 PM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Arnold Prime

Gamertag: Arnold Prime
does anyone Know if Microsoft is aware of this problem?
Arnold Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
bluntedGRINCH
Banned User

Gamertag: bluntedGRINCH
Yep people Im am having the same gay problem this is crap they better fix this quick.
bluntedGRINCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
mjc0961

Awards Showcase Sister-Site Member   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Prime View Post
does anyone Know if Microsoft is aware of this problem?
Not sure. How do we contact them? Maybe if they get enough letters from ripped off gamers, they will pull the DLC which will force Bioware to fix it.

I wonder if this effects the Games on Demand version of Mass Effect as well? Last I knew they were giving the Platinum Hits version though it...

EDIT: A Bioware QA guy posted in that topic linked earlier to say that they know about the problem and are looking at it. A small bit of good news at least, but they really should have looked into this BEFORE releasing. Like I said on their board, if I have to test their game content for them, I want a salary and benefits package. I sure as hell didn't volunteer to test their buggy content at my expense.

Quote:
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!

Last edited by mjc0961; 08-26-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
tothepast

Gamertag: II tothePast II
Yo,

i found the Dlc not in my Galaxy Card in the Game. I have the normal Version of the Game.

thx

sry for my bad english

Last edited by tothepast; 08-26-2009 at 06:45 AM.
tothepast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
mjc0961

Yeah, as the thread says this only effects the Platinum Hits version of the game.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth (Retired)   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Joystiq has confirmed this problem will be fixed, more info HERE.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
mjc0961

Quote:
As you can imagine, this has given rise to some unhappy feelings among afflicted players.
Understatement of the year.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
HamKet

Gamertag: Ham Salad

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Update from Bioware:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lamden
We talked to microsoft quite a bit today, they were able to reproduce the issue and it looks like something that's nearly impossible to catch until it happens.

They're working on a fix at the moment, but I still do not have an ETA.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #12
mjc0961

Microsoft has to fix it, huh?

Quote:
Old 08-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #13
Mr Foxhound

Gamertag: mr foxhound

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hopefully this issue will be resolved quickly. I know I'd be pissed off if I had the platinum version.

Mr Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:16 AM   #14
M4k

Gamertag: Mac Shrugs
I have this bug too. I was hoping to take a break from other games by playing this but it looks like my plans were foiled. Thanks BioWare!
M4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #15
Munkeh111

Gamertag: Munkeh111
Hang on, so if we got the original game, then downloaded the DLC, we are fine? I was quite looking forward to playing this with my level 57 Shep when I got home

Completed games:
Fable II (1350/1350), Prince of Persia (1250/1250), Star Wars: the Force Unleashed (1220/1220), Mass Effect 2 (1015/1015), DiRT (1000/1000), Assassin's Creed (1000/1000), Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 (1000/1000), Fable II Pub Games (200/200), Dash of Destruction (200/200)

Nearly there: Lost Odyssey (1000/1100), Mass Effect (875/1050)
Munkeh111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #16
mjc0961

Huh. Apparently if you haven't completed BDtS on Platinum hits yet, Pinnacle Station appears instead of X57. That's what happened when my brother played today and went to the Galaxy Map. He hadn't visited X57, and his map only had Pinnacle Station. My disc version of BDtS is still on my HDD too.

Nice mess you made BioWare.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2009, 06:05 AM   #17
mjc0961

I found another thread created directly by the QA guy who has been posting regarding this issue: http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopi...1851&forum=104

Apparently he wants us all to do their work for them and call Xbox Customer Support ourselves for "a quick fix". The thread is a few pages long, so I'll add any updates to this post if there's anything more specific on the so called quick fix we get.

EDIT: Fucking lovely! The fix for the 360 version is that there actually is no fix that Xbox Live Customer Support is aware of yet. People were posting saying that they called and got nothing helpful, and then Jack "I'm full of shit" Lamden changes his tune to "Oh the fix is in the certification process lol."

This whole thing has been bullshit. Nothing but useless PR responses and lies to try and get us to stop being pissed off long enough to not start demanding refunds. I wonder what his excuse will be when no fix shows up? Maybe he'll say it failed at certification? Please. And that comment about the devs not wanting to post because of how hostile the boards are after the DLC's release? Maybe if the devs hadn't done such a shitty job, people who got screwed out of being able to play wouldn't be hostile you dickhead!

I don't know about you guys, but Mass Effect 2 just officially came off my "games to buy" list. Bioware obviously doesn't know what the fuck they're doing anymore, and I don't feel like testing all the bugs they leave for us when ME2 is released and then sitting here with my money gone and my thumb up my ass while they dick around trying to fix it.

Quote:

Last edited by mjc0961; 08-31-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #18
DJHirst

yep mass effect 2 is off my list 2 buy.

i have been tempted 2 buy BDTS on xbox live but then i say why the fuck should i, why should i buy something i already own and it has annoyed me for days now cause i was really lookin forward to playin it and i no its only 5 but thats my money and it could of brought me a song or two on rock band i feel like iv been robbed......... by my xbox lol

1 last thing if we cant play pinnacle station does that mean we cant bring our ME saves to ME2? if so theres another reason not 2 buy it.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:45 PM   #19
mjc0961

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHirst View Post
1 last thing if we cant play pinnacle station does that mean we cant bring our ME saves to ME2? if so theres another reason not 2 buy it.
I don't know, but I won't be buying Mass Effect 2 to find out. Some other gamer can be the tester for that game, I'm done.

Seriously, that still really pisses me off how that Jack clown says "oh call Microsoft lolololol" and then only AFTER people have wasted 40 minutes to an hour or more on the phone, he tells people that a fix/patch is in certification. And then we're supposed to care about how the developers won't post because of all the negativity from gamers who have been shafted by this release? Obviously we're not the kind of customers Bioware wants as we aren't willing to kiss their asses 24/7. If they don't want me buying their crappy products, fine. I'd much rather buy from devs who know how to show some respect to their customers.

Quote:

Last edited by mjc0961; 08-31-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #20
goenitz96

Gamertag: Goenitz96
so i bought the lce edition of mass effect

and then bdts on xbl

but i admit i made a mistake and bought pinnacle station in english version (instead of french) and i can't find the dlc in my game even after i changed the region on my xbox to UK

so could it be the language that make this problem or perhaps it's not only the platinium hits which have this problem

100% retail
NFS most wanted // Dynasty warriors 5 // King kong // Test Drive unlimited // Pirates des Caraibes // Soulcalibur IV // Fallout 3 (1k) // Assassin creed // alone in the dark // NFS Undercover // assassin creed 2 // CB Jericho // Tekken 6

100% arcade
Castlevania SOTN // SSF2HD // Dash of destruction

goenitz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #21
rewep

Gamertag: erronymous
Yeah, seriously fuck Bioware at this point. I have purchased every game they've ever made and enjoyed them, and I had up until now ME2 and Dragon Age: Origins pre-ordered.. but not any more. This entire situation is complete bullshit, and you'll be hard pressed to ever find me purchasing another one of thier games again... I know shit takes time to fix and all that but it should have never been released in the first place without being tested (which is obviously the situation) and this run-around they're giving everyone as to whom to complain to about it, and when it will be fixed is.. well, I hate to be redundant, but it's bullshit.

rewep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #22
Disfunction

Gamertag: EXT IceFire X
I have the Platinum Hits but I bought BDtS before I had Platinum Hits (My old game broke) so will Pinnicle Station work or not.
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #23
Boyd H

Gamertag: Boyd H
I was wondering; I just bought Mass Effect (Classic) with the BdtS bonus disc. Now I know about the Pinnacle DLC which is unplayable for me because of my DLC.

But if I choose not to install the BdtS DLC and download Pinnacle first, can I play BdtS afterwards? Or do I have to remove the Pinnacle DLC in order to load BdtS, and this makes it impossible to load my savegame?

I just hope they release a patch soon.
Boyd H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #24
mjc0961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd H View Post
But if I choose not to install the BdtS DLC and download Pinnacle first, can I play BdtS afterwards? Or do I have to remove the Pinnacle DLC in order to load BdtS, and this makes it impossible to load my savegame?
I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd H View Post
I just hope they release a patch soon.
Me too. Then I can finish this game and never touch anything with the Bioware logo on it again.

Quote:
Old 09-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #25
Boyd H

[QUOTE=mjc0961;2322054]I have no idea.

That's what I wanna know. I haven't touched the BdtS DLC and I wont before I know of this works :P
Old 09-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #26
mjc0961

Don't know what to tell you dude, other than the obvious "Bioware sucks" and "where's the patch?".

Quote:
Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #27
DJHirst

A bit random but mjc0961 im lovin your pic lol.

All my m8s can play P.S but me, i hate bioware at the mo, they should of tested it, who doesnt test there product b4 release?

Thats like releasing a game console n not testin it 4 all the bugs...... ooh the ps3 lmao but really, why bioware, why screw us ova, make a mental note "TEST YOUR DLC BEFOR RELEASE."
Old 09-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
SpartaX

Gamertag: SpartaX 93
Any news on a fix yet? I looked it up but can't find any recent updates.
I really wanna play this even just for the achievs. How long does it take to test this, put in the Classic edition and see if it works. Maybe 1 minute If they don't even do this they're really ****ing it up.
SpartaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #29
mjc0961

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartaX View Post
Any news on a fix yet?
Nope. Two weeks now and still nothing. I wonder if we can get a lawsuit going for fraud. Pay $5, get nothing except constant lies about how it'll work soon? Sounds like fraud to me.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #30
Boyd H

If you read this ( http://meforums.bioware.com/forums/v...rum=104&sp=120 ) topic on the Bioware forum, you can see there is a sollution. The only problem is they need to 'certificate' it. I guess the problem lies with Microsoft then and not Bioware.