PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
GradeAbra

Rouge Enigma's Gamercard
Is this game good?

Well should i get it?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
FalseHope4829

Send a message via AIM to FalseHope4829

Truth x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
If I were to say anything other than no, i would be lying. It is very fun, recommended if you have no other new games to occupy your time. Cool if you rent it from whatever means you are able/prefer.

Games Completed

RETAIL:
Avatar: TLA: TBE, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderlands (1750), Borderlands 2, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fable II (1350), Fable III, Fallout 3 (1550), Fallout New Vegas (1655), Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Halo 3 (1750), Oblivion (1250), Resident Evil 5 (orig 1000), Shadowrun, Skyrim (1300), Terminator: Salvation, TMNT, The Darkness

Arcade: 3D Ultra Minigolf, Dash of Destruction, The Maw (250)

FalseHope4829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
Outersy

Outersy's Gamercard
Ermmm.... i was raised not to say anything if i had nothing nice to say... So i'll just sit here quietly in the corner.

Outersy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #4
GradeAbra

Rouge Enigma's Gamercard
The rating of this game is pathetic. If you guys say good then maybe i will get it.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Outersy

Outersy's Gamercard
Its your call buddy, nobody can really tell you if a game is good or not due to individual difference in tastes and levels of acceptance, although there are generally levels of normal threseholds... i.e... a majority of people will like COD or GOW or Halo... etc... where as a minority will like something like Hannah Montanna or My Horse & Me.

My personal feeling is this is well and truly a game for Gamerscore addicts or those wishing to re-live nostalgia from their youth... i fall into both those categories but i cant really say i'm enjoying the game. I would recommend a rent and if you enjoy it, then decide whether to buy it or not.

Cheers

Sy

Outersy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #6
MajinFro

MajinFro's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 5 MVP   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I could write several paragraphs about developing suicidal tendancies after playing this game for a couple hours...but I will go with the simple answer....

No

Last edited by MajinFro; 08-28-2009 at 01:16 AM.
MajinFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
Brothaa

Send a message via Yahoo to Brothaa

bruthaa's Gamercard
It is a decent repetitive 3rd person shooter. Nothing more
Brothaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would avoid this, I don't trust movie-licensed games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:43 AM   #9
TNA77

TNA77's Gamercard
I have played a lot of bad games... this one is in the top 5.
TNA77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outersy View Post
My personal feeling is this is well and truly a game for Gamerscore addicts or those wishing to re-live nostalgia from their youth... i fall into both
I'm gonna go rent it for those exact reasons.

MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #11
Mosizzle313

Send a message via AIM to Mosizzle313

THlCK NECK's Gamercard
i've only played a few levels of it so far but its not terrible terrible. its more entertaining then some other shitty gamerscore games that leave you falling asleep. the only big downside to this game is the aiming. i dont even know how to lock onto something, it just does it for me. i would rather be in control and pick what i want to shoot at it as opposed to having no choice.
but oh well, rent the game and decide for yourself
Mosizzle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #12
marcofarlio

Mark Farley's Gamercard
Strange game and the game save points are awful. If you die towards the end of a level you respawn at the beginning. As for the aiming and camera angles, they are very irritating.

It's in my top 5 of worst Xbox 360 games to date.
marcofarlio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #13
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I know this thread is old, but it is near the top, so no harm in putting in my 2 cents, doubt the OP will be back but this may help someone else.

I absolutely loved G.I. Joe as a kid, to say I don't still like it now would be a lie. It is old and corny, but it is still one of the best cartoons to date, especially when you compare it to the garbage that is on saturday mornings now I even enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

My first impression of the game was OH MY GOD I payed money for this? Although it was $2.50 for a rental, but still. A little bit into the game (almost done with the Arctic levels) I started to get the hang of it, and got over the graphics (which are like a 3/10). There really isn't a storyline per say, it is one mission to the other with in game voice over to fill in the story. There are some cool things to be found, like the characters... there are quite a few to unlock and most play a bit different. I think the biggest draw is the nostalgia and the points. Please don't buy it, unless you see it for $5 in a bargian bin somewhere, but if you aren't absolutely harsh on all games not titled Halo, Call of Duty or Gears of War, it may be worth a bit of time. There are about 100 games I could rattle off that are better, but there is still some fun to be found here. If I were to give it a fair rating writing for someone else I would give it 3 or 4/10 but I have actually started having a bit of fun with it and could give it a 6 or so. The only really bad thing, which is a critical aspect, but something I don't really care about because of the reson I rented it is the aiming/targeting. It is attached to the RS and locks on to the nearest OBJECT first, which is not always an enemy. It has caused me to die quite a bit, even on casual, but whatever. I've played my share of bad games, and this isn't even close to the worst... but it is something I think most people should probably skip.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:08 AM   #14
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Its an Ok game at best, much better with a friend. If your a fan of GIJOE there are some great one liners in the game that are a throwback to the original cartoon. Like "these bubbles will give you trouble". I actually enjoyed the game more once I got the hang of the bad camera and aiming. The play-style has potential but it needed online play, smarter aiming and a better camera system. Also they need to lose the 1st player only achievements. A rent for sure, bargain bin for huge GIJoe fans, maybe, no, maybe not.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Last edited by Chuppernicus; 01-02-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #15
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
im 32 yrs old and an old school GI JOE fan, but my lord I played this for 30 minutes unlocked 1 achievement, and felt obligatd to put it right back into the GameFly envelope to send out tomorrow. This looks like Super Contra or something on the Nintendo 64 or SNES. horrid. Cameras are awful too. But if you can stand it, go for the 1k!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 AM   #16
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
This game is a solid rental. pretty fun for a GI Joe fan like me. Repetitive but fun in its own way. Not a purchase.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:59 PM   #17
STARINFLAMES21

STARINFLAMES21's Gamercard
Ive also been wanting to lay this but I guess it still can wait.

STARINFLAMES21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #18
marty da stooge

Marty da stooge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
Although it was $2.50 for a rental, but still.
holy sheet!!! 2.50? u wander in a time machine? rentals are about 8.50 here. ur lucky if it is actually 2.50...

Marty's back in action!
marty da stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:18 AM   #19
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is alot better than i thought it was gonna be. The graphics are horrid but its very simple and easy two things to like.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
Darth Trom

Darth Trom's Gamercard
It's one of the easier games of 1000 points that I know... Terribly repetitive but I too am a GIJoe fan of the 80s. It was very nostalgic to see the characters they couldn't use in the new movie but could throw into the game.
Darth Trom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:28 AM   #21
Skingiestador

SKINGIESTADOR's Gamercard
great reviews, I may just have to rent it and see if I can deal with the garbage camera and targeting......... but $8.99 used from GF?? might also take a chance buying it...........hmmmmm
Skingiestador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:33 AM   #22
The Danielnator

The Danielnator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Get it if you are running out of games to play. Its pretty easy and not too time consuming. It's not that bad, definitely playable. The people that think this game is making them suicidal haven't tried to 100% the earlier Tomb Raider games or Cabela's Alaskan Adventue. Its pretty fun and I would say rent it if you just want some easy gamerscore or are a huge fan because it is pretty funny and it does make fun of itself at times, especially the cutscene you get for buying all characters.

The Danielnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #23
NINERS2KX

NINERS2KX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
this game is bad... even for achivement hunting.. its bad.

i had to turn it off.. the only game worse than this is fantastic 4

NINERS2KX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #24
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINERS2KX View Post
this game is bad... even for achivement hunting.. its bad.

i had to turn it off.. the only game worse than this is fantastic 4
wow that is definitely not true. This game is 10x better than F4. I am admittedly a GI Joe nut, but I like this game a LOT better. This really should have been an XBLA game
Old 05-05-2010, 02:26 AM   #25
obiwan16

obiwan16's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This is not an awful game but it can be very annoying. It really does not involve any strategy to achieve the points but will acquire some time. If you are a fan of the old television series then give it a shot.
obiwan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #26
deadpool316

MikeCoop316's Gamercard
they should burn this game
deadpool316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #27
fuzzy343

FuZZy 343's Gamercard
I had more fun doing this with a friend, because doing this alone made me bored.

Working On:
CoD: Black Ops, The Golden Compass, and Darksiders

100% Completed:
Retail: 12
Arcade: 12
fuzzy343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #28
Fried Cola

lol, man some of u guys are way too harsh on G.I. Joe:RoC. I'm assuming some of the comments are by people who assume the game is bad because its a movie tie-in.

Its not that bad. Its not good, but I've played much worse than this. I'd say its fair (read as: meh). Could've used a little refinement.

The reason I'm kinda liking it is because of its fan service. This game draws a lot of its inspiration from the old 80's cartoon and toys featuring a bunch of the original characters that weren't in the movie and the plot itself is based around the M.A.S.S. device which was one of the original cartoon miniseries. It is how the movie should have been instead of the POS it was.

If u decide to buy: don't spend much more than $10. Its an easy 1000 gs but the game is awfully repetitive and sometimes frustrating (half the characters you can get are useless. Snake eyes sucks in this game )

no random friend requests accepted.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #29
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
Almost brought this shit too.

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #30
Princesspea299

princesspea299's Gamercard
Wow I got this game free from a contest here and I would have said this has to be one of the worse games out there to have in your collection
Princesspea299 is offline   Reply With Quote