PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Conan
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Suggestions from My Playthroughs (Unofficial Road Map)

Since no Road Map is available for this old game (someone did plan to write one, but never submitted), I will list some of my experiences for anyone who is still seeking to 1k it.

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
-Offline: 49
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 15-20 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 (Hard, then King)
-Number of missable achievements: Collectible related ones (treasure chests, maidens, runes), # of enemies killed by specific method ones
-Glitched achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No (see below, weapon masters)
-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes (that's why you need 2 playthroughs)

Introduction
Conan is a fun hack & slash game. If you are into this genre, you better check it out. Also, getting 1k in this game isn't hard, but does require some patience and skills (or tactics). To minimize the number of playthrough, you should start with Hard (which isn't too bad). Upon completion, activate cheats to blast through the newly unlocked difficulty, King. Note that there is no Level Select or whatever options to let you grab any missing collectibles, so pay attention. Once you notice you've missed something, reload immediately. If you still can't have it, then continue your playthrough and start from scratch in King. Also this game doesn't sum your stats in different saves, FYI. My advice is to save to a new slot when you have the chance. If something is missed, at least you might have the chance to claim it from a previous save. For boss tips, see sticky threads for more info.

Playthrough 1

Collectibles (Chests, Maidens, Runes)
Find the collectible guide (by dtolley) in this forum, make sure you collect them all to unlock all the collectible related achievements. The guide is pretty detailed, but has something incorrect/missed.
1: Maiden #13 isn't there. Instead, there's a maiden not mentioned, which is to be found behind a breakable wall by chest #41 - inside the castle, go up the stairs and into the room on the left (thanks to comeonchuffy).
2: An extra chest is after chest #52. When you are climbing the wall and avoiding tar (which makes you fall and die), instead of jumping straight to the right to a platform, you should jump downwards when at the last ledge and follow the ledges, you will see a chest lying on a small platform. Grab it, jump upwards and continue.

WARNING: When you die, be sure to grab all the collectibles AGAIN which are located after the point you respawn.

Kills (Impale, Grapple, Throw, Disarm, Dismember, Parry)
Lock on to another sticky guide Guide to Enemy Appetizer (by Low Beau). Do as it says to finish your impalement related achievements ASAP.

When you are facing Giant Squid at phase two, grind your grapple kills (Use B+X/Y, purchase needed) and throw kills.

Learn Disarm skill whenever you can, and start disarming for 100. You can disarm an enemy, throw his weapon, wait for him to grab one weapon, and disarm again.

Most efficient way to accumulate dismemberment is to use Parry Kill X of the dual-wield, which leaves 5 or 6 dismemberments on a single enemy. This can be done in the second playthrough if you feel short of enemies. Alternatively, try using Song of Death mode (cheat) during your second playthrough to enhance your attack power greatly, and do Body Slam (B+B) to kill enemies, as they also provide 6 dismemberments. (thanks to vegetable lasagna for the tip.) If I remember correctly, X+Y when using dual-wield also nets you 6 dismemberments.

Parry kill is easy to be executed on weaker enemies, because their attacks are way slower. BTW, when you start parrying, go for Parry Farm first because it is very easy in the first level after tutorial battle.

Weapon Masters (One-handed, Dual-wield, Two-handed)
Focus on two of the three first, because there probably won't be enough enemies for you to master all three in one go. (I went for the one-handed and dual-wield first.) Just buy all the moves and use them in order to fill the gauge you see beside the name of each move (some don't have). Note that the achievements won't unlock if you use the cheat to unlock and master all moves. You actually have to master them by yourself.

Others (Losing His Mind, Chained Attack, Chain of Fools, High and Mighty, The Bloody Crown)
For Losing His Mind and Combo Counter related achievements, the achievement guide gives a good method.
For Score related achievements, if you grind kills on Giant Squid, you'll definitely get it.

Playthrough 2
First, unlock cheats to have infinite Armor Power and Song of Death, but not master all moves, because first you have to master the last weapon BY YOURSELF. When you are done with that, save and go to the menu to enjoy the cheat.

In this playthrough, you may want to get the rest achievements which are all explained well in the achievement guide. Rock of Ages is recommended to do in this playthrough, as you can spam Stone Prison to petrify almost all the enemies (except bosses and stone statues). Throw anything (other than weapons, shields, torches) to smash them to pieces.

Untouchable
Use the glitch (see thread by STB) or play the tutorial battle using Invincibility (unlocked upon completion of King).

Conclusion
Hope my experiences help those who want to be Conan. May this 1k should prove your prowess.

Last edited by JieXY; 09-03-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Typo; More info; Formatting
JieXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JieXY View Post
Introduction
Conan is a fun hack & slash game. If you are into this genre, you better check it out. Also, getting 1k in this game isn't hard, but does require some patience and skills (or tactics). To minimize the number of playthrough, you should start with Hard (which isn't too bad). Upon completion, activate cheats to blast through the newly unlocked difficulty, King. Note that there is no Level Select or whatever options to let you grab any missing collectibles, so pay attention. Once you notice you've missed something, reload immediately. If you still can't have it, then continue your playthrough and start from scratch in King. Also this game doesn't sum your stats in different saves, FYI. My advice is to save to a new slot when you have the chance. If something is missed, at least you might have the chance to claim it from a previous save. For boss tips, see sticky threads for more info.
"If something is missed, at least you might have the chance to claim it from a previous save. For boss tips, see sticky threads for more info" Try posting a link?

Very nice roadmap. But I have some corrections here.
My Gamertag is Papa Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Haha, thanks for the corrections.

It's actually the first thread in the first page.
Click Here.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
vegetable lasagna

vegtble lasagna's Gamercard
I would also add if you have the song cheat on, body slamming people get you 6 dismemberments as well...
vegetable lasagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
velho lobodomar

velho lobodomar's Gamercard
pretty detailed road map, thanks mate. it will help me a lot when i start this game.
last retail: Gears of War

xbla + dlc: 3
xbla: 52
last arcade: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
velho lobodomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetable lasagna View Post
I would also add if you have the song cheat on, body slamming people get you 6 dismemberments as well...
Yes, that's absolutely true. I forgot that, because of the low power of BODY SLAM when NOT in SONG OF DEATH mode. Definitely try that if you plan to do it during your second playthrough.

Thanks vegetable lasagna.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
Lord Forbes

Lord Forbes's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetable lasagna View Post
This was SUPER helpful. Just started a new play through after beating King mode, turned on all cheats and just started body slamming. Had the achievement by the first Bone Cleaver battle! THANK YOU!

Lord Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote