PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
Intense Light

Intense Light's Gamercard
Freeflow Perfection Club

Hey guys I just wanted to start a thread regarding this very difficult achievement. After many hours of practice, I finally got it myself. Please feel free to leave a message with any tips for those that don't have it. My tip is to simply ignore most of the guides about this achievement and focus on an order that works for you. It doesn't matter what order Batman's special moves are executed, so go with your strengths and follow with your weaknesses.

Last edited by Intense Light; 08-29-2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Intense Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
Murasame_Moyasu

The Kilometers's Gamercard
Signed. Best place to get it in the story is probably where you get the Party Pooper achievement. I personally got it in one of the combat challenges that had a lot of guys w/o guys with knives. Also, really abuse the move that jumps you over the enemy's head because that will keep you from getting hit.

Murasame_Moyasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
The best and simplest advice I can give is if you're not 100% comfortable with the combat system to use the A+A evasion continuously to flip over goons in order to get yourself into a better position your next move or for slower ones (i.e. batclaw, RT+Y takedowns, batarangs). As long as you're flipping over enemies, your combo continues. You can perform a single diving roll before executing your next move to maintain your combo. Rolling twice in a row will nullify your combo.

Also, you can stun enemies twice in a row. A third stun will end your combo.

Last edited by Dstrukt; 08-29-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:04 AM   #4
durdensfriend

I haven't actually gotten this achievement yet but I'm going to go for it tonight... the easiest place will probably be the third and fourth waves of the first combat challenge room as the enemies only have bare fists and pipes. My order of attack will be as follows:

I will start with a cape stun (B) then a Batarang (LT) and after that a Batclaw (RT)... I hardly ever used those attacks in the single player so I just want to get them out of the way since they don't really flow well with me. Once I have those out of the way I will move to (X) trying for critical strikes to build up for the (X+A) and (Y+B) moves. All the while I will be watching for counter (Y) and evasion (A) oppurtunities but I figure those will come naturally. Once I'm down to the last two or three goons I'll do a ground takedown (RT+Y) and hopefully I'll get it! (I'm also hoping this will net me the 40x combo achievement too!)

It's gonna be a long night.

Last edited by durdensfriend; 08-29-2009 at 02:07 AM.
durdensfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
CaliSupaFly

CaliSupaFly's Gamercard
The only reason why this is hard is because most of us are not used to using the Batarang and Bat Claw in combos. So it's really just a matter of getting the hang of using them in battle and you can do get achievement very easily.
CaliSupaFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
Philanthr0py

Philanthr0py's Gamercard
/signed! fortunately i got mine when i was just doing the extreme sewer bat challenge, out of the blue, it feels good to have completed this game 100% in 3 days
Old 08-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #7
stabbity style

S For Stabbity's Gamercard
Yeah, just got it recently. For those wondering advice on how to get it, I advise just doing the Freeflow challenge rooms. I spent enough time trying to get gold on those rooms (still not done, though D that I got significantly better at increasing my variation bonus. How I'm going to finish the golds for the Freeflow challenge rooms, though, I don't know. The extreme rooms are quite tough.
stabbity style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:39 AM   #8
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You know.... we really don't need threads bragging about 1000/1000 or earning certain achievements. Threads on how to earn those achievements are fine. But "clubs" bragging about having them don't help anyone. And they make it harder to find the actual help threads.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:02 AM   #9
xTheRaVenEffect

q Rayne p's Gamercard
*Signed*

Just got it. It wasn't too hard. Just keep replaying the first wave on Intensive Treatment (Extreme) until you get it. Just keep a mental note of what moves you have done, and what you moves you still need to do, and you'll be fine.
xTheRaVenEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #10
Intense Light

Pumpkin King, I created this thread as a means for people that have the achievement to discuss ways to help those that don't. The achievement is all the bragging rights any of us need. Understand that your post is neither helpful or boastful.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:21 AM   #11
Intense Light

Durdensfriend, I would suggest starting out with a strike or a counter. Beginning with a cape stun, batarang, or batclaw will not count because they need to be within the combo. Good luck man and let me know if I can help.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:34 AM   #12
S H A D 3 D

S H A D 3 D's Gamercard
Literally JUST got it 5 minutes ago. It feels good, but I still don't have the 40 combo yet

S H A D 3 D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:47 AM   #13
Heartbeat

HeartbeatX's Gamercard
Signed. I found the easiest place was on intensive treatment (extreme)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:52 AM   #14
Intense Light

Congrats to those that have the achievement! I am very happy that so many people got it today. Please remember to leave any tips you have for those that do not have it yet. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:53 AM   #15
xTheRaVenEffect

q Rayne p's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by S H A D 3 D View Post
Literally JUST got it 5 minutes ago. It feels good, but I still don't have the 40 combo yet
Just got the 40 Combo achievement. I did it on Rumble In The Jungle, during the second wave. There are a bunch of enemies, more than enough to get a combo of 40. (Put it this way, I got about a 20 combo, but then I got hit, and I still had enough enemies to get back up to 40).

It was pretty simple. Just keep a nice steady pace of doing one melee attack, evade, one melee attack, evade, (and occasionally counter attacking if needed).
xTheRaVenEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:29 AM   #16
Blame Me

pwn thee n00b's Gamercard
Signed!
I just got it an hour ago on the Intensive Treatment Extreme challenge room. What I did was I started of with the batclaw and then quickly followed up with a counter, then a stun and strike. After that I got the Combo Takedown, Combo Throw, Combo Batarang, Ground takedown, and then finally the A+A move.

A word to people trying to get it, you have to use the Combo Batarang, not just the regular quick-tap.The batarang actually has to knock one of the henchmen down.

Hope this helps someone!
Blame Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #17
S H A D 3 D

S H A D 3 D's Gamercard
Thanks Raven, I just got it. Best place to do it by far. And I got gold too ! lol

Old 08-29-2009, 04:48 AM   #18
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
See, here is my problem. I have the upgraded Batarang but it's still not adding to my combo. Only randomly does it do it.

Am I throwing it wrong? I just tap the Left Trigger.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:54 AM   #19
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
You need to tap the LT after x3. If it still isn't adding to your combo then you are mistiming the throw.

Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:02 AM   #20
xRick79

xRick79's Gamercard
Signed! I got mine in the 'Rumble In The Jungle: Round 2' challenge mode. That and the 40+ combo.
xRick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #21
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukt View Post
You need to tap the LT after x3. If it still isn't adding to your combo then you are mistiming the throw.
Thank you, I figured it out about five minutes after I posted. Got that damn achievement too
Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 AM   #22
MARK1219KRAM

ll MARK ll's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
You know.... we really don't need threads bragging about 1000/1000 or earning certain achievements. Threads on how to earn those achievements are fine. But "clubs" bragging about having them don't help anyone. And they make it harder to find the actual help threads.
You know ... we really don't need to be posting all this negativity up in this space.

Almost every forum for every game here has at least one of these "clubs." It is just a stupid/fun way of acknowledging how many of us have done certain things in games.

Back on the subject at hand, YEAH I too have this achievement! It was tricky, but with some practice and luck finally managed to knab it a couple days ago.
MARK1219KRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:51 AM   #23
S H A D 3 D

S H A D 3 D's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
I felt the same way, until I got the achievement myself lol

Old 08-29-2009, 06:06 AM   #24
Intense Light

Well said Mark! It should be said as well that this is not simply a place for bragging rights, but also for those that need help. Look at all of the tips on this page. I am glad my thread has been helpful!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #25
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Light View Post
Durdensfriend, I would suggest starting out with a strike or a counter. Beginning with a cape stun, batarang, or batclaw will not count because they need to be within the combo. Good luck man and let me know if I can help.
Actually you are wrong in regards to the batclaw. You use it to start but after firing it and pulling them towards you there needs to a strike hit on one of the guys for it to count. That is how I earned my achievement!

Also save using the batarang for after you jump over someone with A. Do this with at least two guys left. Jump over both, fire batarang and use the RT+Y takedown. There is three moves taken care of at the end of the combo.

Last edited by Vendetta; 08-29-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #26
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i am really not 'getting' the combo part of the game at all,i am dreadful at it

i am about 3 quarters through the game and only just made X10 combo last night,i find if there are a lot of guys who keep it tight around me,then i can string some combos together...but after about 5-6 they usually disappear..i am amazed i got the x10

i know i am missing out on a lot of XP because of this,i have upgraded the batmoves or whatever its called

although i do intend to at one stage go after the x20,x40 and the perfect combo achievements(god help me)....would you guys recommend to get it at a certain part in the story or in a challenge room..which is best do you think?

thx

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #27
h3liumX

h3liumX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Best spot to practice this is the combat challenge map 'Sewer Bat (extreme)' because you fight a bunch of simple enemies the first round so you can just restart and try again right then and there.

Before you try to chain everything together, try each individual move and be familiar with it. This will save time in the long run.

Tips:
- start your combo off with the moves you are less comfortable with, that way you save some time if you mess up.
- do your counter (Y) early because you may not get the chance later
- use evade (A) as much as needed
- if you end up far away from enemies after a move then quickly use the batclam move (double tap LT) to pull some more closer and keep your combo going
- try to perform your moves in the same order each time you try because you will learn faster
- save your jump stop (RT+Y) move until the end but make sure other enemies aren't close interfere
Old 08-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #28
KILLBOT

A little late to the party, but *signed*.

I`m surprised there are a couple of you that have this but don`t have the 40 combo cheevo, I thought that one was pretty easy compared to the Freeflow Perfection one.

Anyway, really glad I got this. It looks pretty cool too when you pull it off.
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #29
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
signed

wasn't that hard to get, if you ask me.

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #30
Lazy_Penguin1989

SystemHasFailed's Gamercard
I got it and 100% this game just a few minutes ago, I got 100% in 3 days since I got it at launch , a little hard I may say not impossible but definitely a few f bombs flying out at a few combat challenges but the worse one only took me over an hour, a pretty good game with a few major flaws but still a good purchase, and a worthy game to the Dark Knight. And to help with people out here's a video I found on youtube while typing this, I knew would come in handy for some here it is

Just click on the related our his channel for the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdsUB...er_profilepage

Here's others for the Predator Challenges again click on related videos or his channel for the rest, hope these help people out, wish I found these a lot sooner for to use on all predator and combat challenges, but oh well.

Help us at Operation Rainfall, to bring Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower to the U.S. http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall
Lazy_Penguin1989 is offline   Reply With Quote