PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #61
The Subtle Arts

The Subtle Arts's Gamercard
Well I'm still struggling with this, does it need to be done from first hit to last for one round like the Flawless Freeflow achievement? I'm definetly getting an 8x Variation multiplyer at the end of round stats for the one combo. Done everything needed over a multitude of rounds on different levels and still nothing! What am I not doing?

“Your friends are close, but your enemy is closer.”
- The Road to Suicide, pg 1, line 2

The Subtle Arts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #62
Playerone815

Send a message via AIM to Playerone815

IAmTyIerDurden's Gamercard
You just need to do all the moves in a single combo, regardless of which round and you only have to do it in one round. I came so close last night, I was so pissed.
I did the entire thing, threw the batarang and went to use the batclaw and it shot out and didn't hit anyone, I was literally a batclaw hit away from getting it, SO pissed!
Playerone815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #63
The Subtle Arts

Thought as much, I am pretty certain I have performed every move. I am going to go try for another attempt!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #64
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Try this guys, many people fuck up with the Batarang, or Batclaw, because it can be pretty picky about direction.

When you start your combo, start with a Batclaw, followed by head jump then a strike, the Batclaw is done with then, all you need to do then is finish up the takedowns, stun, counters, throw, instant takedown, then FINISH with a Batarang throw.

Its very easy to start the combo with the Claw as your facing them, and the end Batarang is easier to aim up if only one guy left, head jump him until confident your in position (facing).

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #65
Playerone815

Thanks for the tips, Ill give it a try.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #66
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
Try this guys, many people fuck up with the Batarang, or Batclaw, because it can be pretty picky about direction.

When you start your combo, start with a Batclaw, followed by head jump then a strike, the Batclaw is done with then, all you need to do then is finish up the takedowns, stun, counters, throw, instant takedown, then FINISH with a Batarang throw.

Its very easy to start the combo with the Claw as your facing them, and the end Batarang is easier to aim up if only one guy left, head jump him until confident your in position (facing).
im pretty sure u need to punch/counter to start a combo. u cant just shoot the batclaw at the beginning of the round for it to count. i just got the achievement a few hours ago. i did it in the intensive treatment room(extreme) during the first round. its best to do it then because there arent to many guys and there are no electric or knifed henchmen either.

i started with a regular punch combo, then did the Y+B combo. when there is enough space u cant shoot the batarang/batclaw to knock them down. the rest is pretty simple. dont focus on points just check each move off in ur head. here's all the moves u need for the achievement.
- Strike X
- Counter Y
- Stun B
Double Tap A - Evade
- Quick Throw Batarang LT
Double Tap RT- Quick Batclaw
+ - Throw A+B
+ - Takedown Y+B
+ - Ground Takedown RT+Y

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.

Last edited by MASS DOMINATION; 09-02-2009 at 01:38 PM.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #67
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
You know.... we really don't need threads bragging about 1000/1000 or earning certain achievements. Threads on how to earn those achievements are fine. But "clubs" bragging about having them don't help anyone. And they make it harder to find the actual help threads.
I agree, if you have to brag that you got a achievement or completed a game 100% in a few days, you really need to rethink your life and maybe get one. Threads are for helping not insecure braggers. Oh, and what does posting all these self acolades do for you anyway? Pretty sad.
STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #68
Playerone815

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE DEVIL View Post
I agree, if you have to brag that you got a achievement or completed a game 100% in a few days, you really need to rethink your life and maybe get one. Threads are for helping not insecure braggers. Oh, and what does posting all these self acolades do for you anyway? Pretty sad.
Who cares if they brag about it. Im seeing more tips on how to get it than bragging about it anyway. Its a pain in the ass achievement to unlock, so more power to anyone who has gotten it already.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #69
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASS DOMINATION View Post
im pretty sure u need to punch/counter to start a combo. u cant just shoot the batclaw at the beginning of the round for it to count. i just got the achievement a few hours ago. i did it in the intensive treatment room(extreme) during the first round. its best to do it then because there arent to many guys and there are no electric or knifed henchmen either.

i started with a regular punch combo, then did the Y+B combo. when there is enough space u cant shoot the batarang/batclaw to knock them down. the rest is pretty simple. dont focus on points just check each move off in ur head. here's all the moves u need for the achievement.
- Strike X
- Counter Y
- Stun B
Double Tap A - Evade
- Quick Throw Batarang LT
Double Tap RT- Quick Batclaw
+ - Throw A+B
+ - Takedown Y+B
+ - Ground Takedown RT+Y
Its fine to start with Batclaw, and it counts, try it.....if you go into a counter or strike, it will set your combo up as you say, and you get a small prompt saying strike, or counter or something similar, if you throw out the Batclaw first, then strike/jump strike, you will get a small prompt saying Batclaw strike, I can also confirm you get the achievement this way as this is how I did it.

It displays as one hit......Batclaw strike....but registers it as a Batclaw, and a strike!

Staff Clubs - 10

Old 09-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #70
The Subtle Arts

Yeah if you try the Batclaw at the begining it doesn't count as it doesn't mark up on your variation multiplyer at the end of the round.

Either 1st Rounds on Intensive Care or Sewer Rat (both Extreme) seem to be easiest.

I move in with a single Strike (X) followed by a stun (B) then usually its time to counter (Y). After a few more strikes with evade in mind (DT:AA) I try a throw (A+X) then build up my hit counter until it's possible for a takedown (B+Y). At this point I find now is a good time to either unleash the claw (DT: RT) or batarang (ST:LT) just as your getting up getting ready for a counter if needed. Any of the previous guys taken out I follow up with a ground takedown (RT+Y).

Sometimes I usually leave around 1 or 2 guys left to mop up at this point and still no achievement...

Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #71
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Subtle Arts View Post
Yeah if you try the Batclaw at the begining it doesn't count as it doesn't mark up on your variation multiplyer at the end of the round.

Either 1st Rounds on Intensive Care or Sewer Rat (both Extreme) seem to be easiest.

I move in with a single Strike (X) followed by a stun (B) then usually its time to counter (Y). After a few more strikes with evade in mind (DT:AA) I try a throw (A+X) then build up my hit counter until it's possible for a takedown (B+Y). At this point I find now is a good time to either unleash the claw (DT: RT) or batarang (ST:LT) just as your getting up getting ready for a counter if needed. Any of the previous guys taken out I follow up with a ground takedown (RT+Y).

Sometimes I usually leave around 1 or 2 guys left to mop up at this point and still no achievement...
Strange as i got Freeflow Perfection when using a Batclaw at the start, and not using it again in the combo, maybe it just doesn't count in variation add ups when doing it that way.

Staff Clubs - 10

Old 09-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #72
Playerone815

yeah, this achievement sucks. I thought I had it completed a few times too and it didn't unlock. Had a 30 hit combo and im pretty sure I had every single move integrated into but it never unlocked. FML
Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #73
The Subtle Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
Strange as i got Freeflow Perfection when using a Batclaw at the start, and not using it again in the combo, maybe it just doesn't count in variation add ups when doing it that way.
Maybe, who knows, ill keep trying different combinations until the damn thing unlocks!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #74
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
Does the quick throw 'rang have to drop them or just hit them?

Last edited by MadDogChad; 09-02-2009 at 03:28 PM.
MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #75
lordskorrkeeper

lordskorrkeeper's Gamercard
Just got it this is basically what I did,

Intensive Treatment Extreme Challenge Round #1
I started with the Batclaw (RT) (tried a Batarang (LT) then a Claw right after but it did not work for me).
Then either went into a Stun (B) or a Counter (Y) (mostly a counter (Y) followed by a Stun (B),
Used Evade (A+A) while using (X) to build up for a takedown (X+A) (Used this takedown first as It some time broke my combo if done second for some reason),
then back to (X) and Evade (A+A) till I see a good takedown (Y+B) then (A+A) and (X) til I got a clean Batarang (LT)
and hopefully there is no one near one of the fallen to get a takedown (RT+Y) or you can wait and (X), (A+A), (B) til you get a chance to use it without being hit<------(although if you see an opportunity to get a (RT+Y) anytime do it. Think I did it in the middle somewhere)

TIPS: I also found Evading (A+A) and Stun (B) is a good way to keep the combo going when you don't know what else to do or waiting for a good time to use certain moves.

P.S. wow made that look more complex then it was, these are just guild lines hehe

Last edited by lordskorrkeeper; 09-02-2009 at 04:10 PM.
lordskorrkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #76
Playerone815

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogChad View Post
Does the quick throw 'rang have to drop them or just hit them?
I think it has to knock down.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #77
The Subtle Arts

Finnaly got it. Just takes alot of practice with everything.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #78
PuttyGod

PuttyGod's Gamercard
Off topic a bit, but do medals earned in DLC challenges (both future and the CE and gamestop one. both of which will most likely be DLC) count towards the medals achievement?
Old 09-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #79
Dfunk715

Dfunk715's Gamercard
I got it while going for completing all the combat challenges. I really wasn't trying to get it. Just kept trying to keep my combo going. There should be a seperate achievement for getting 3 bats on Shock and Awe Extreme. That crap is almost impossible.
Dfunk715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #80
IN5TANT CLASS1C

IN5TANT CLASS1C's Gamercard
Here is what worked for me and it made it pretty easy.

First just walk right in and use Y. After you reverse jump over the guy using A and hit him with B. Then jump over again and use X.

Right there that takes care of all the single buttons.

Then after using X, you will get the option for a YB take down. After you do this get up and throw the Batterangs. Reson for this is because when you do a take down the other people crowed around you.

That leaves a throw, the claw, and the LT/Y flying ground attack.

Just kee jumping and hitting untill you get a few guys in front of you and NO ONE behind you. Use RT and pull everyone towards you. Then jump over one of them and just hit them untill you get the option to use XA for a throw. Throw the guy into a group of them and immidiatly hit LT/Y for the ground attack.
IN5TANT CLASS1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #81
Aecas

Send a message via AIM to Aecas

A Grumpy Spider's Gamercard
Finally managed it on the Extreme mode for the sewer level, and managed to finally get a x40 combo too. Satisfying to say the least!

My first move was with the Ultra Batclaw though and it still counted for the achievement, just pulled them in and started punching away.
Aecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #82
asdf123

what do i need to do to use X+A move? i never seen that and got all combo achievements
asdf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #83
RobertoS89

RobertoS89's Gamercard
Oh yeah

Just one hundred percented this bad boy, as well as getting Freeflow Perfection. Now for hard mode . . .

Just a tip, I found it best to batclaw as soon as the round starts, cape stun them as they come near, then jump over them, counter (usually) the next guy to pop up, then punch repeatedly until you've done the throw and takedown, before you batarang and ground takedown the remaining enemies until they're all gone.
RobertoS89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #84
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Signed. This achievement was fairly easy in Sewer Rat (Extreme). I just grappled the 3 people in front of me, punched them and then I countered when I could. Cape stunned the guy with a knife and when no-one was near me, I ground pound'd a guy on the ground. Then, I used my combos whenever I could (Y+B) and (A+X). Then I used my batarang and jumped over a henchman then got my achievement.
My Gamertag is Papa Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #85
smokestacker

Colonic Biscuit's Gamercard
Signed. I finally got this crap to work on rumble in the jungle. My method was let everyone charge you, then Y to counter, B to stun everyone rushing you then i threw a few Xs in there to get my counter yellow for the first 2 button combo (i tried alternating which one I used first). Then i evaded while getting my numbers yellow again with X to perform the second 2 button combo. After that i used B to stun and evaded far enough from the crowd to throw the rang. By the way, when I knew I was about to go for the rang I made sure to aim the camera so that thugs were right in front of me. As long as you have cleared the room considerably evade away from the group again and throw out a quick batclaw. Watch out for thugs busting your combo at this point. If you were successful then make sure there are as few thugs rushing you as possible. If there are too many pound away on X and counter when necessary. The RT Y ground pound was the hardest for me as at least half a dozen times there was a thug waiting for me and cracked me in the head before I could get the hit in. I am glad to get this one done I fucking hated it, lol. And to everyone bitching about bragging....I was pumped when I got this because it was tough for me. If you can scoop this chieve up no problem then you are badass and you should be pumped that you have no problem with these damn challenges. I see the majority, like me, is having a tough run at this one so anyone who gave tips, thanks for the help. I'm just trying to contribute something that might help someone else struggling. Definitely not bragging as I am admittedly horrid at these challenges so take a xanax, look at some lolcats and chill out.

smokestacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #86
PuttyGod

PuttyGod's Gamercard
The real challenge for me is Freedflow Gold. I don't know how in the fuck I;m ever gonna do some of those.
Mainly because I feel like you have to pull this variation x9 achievement in ever single round in order to get some of those ridiculous scores.

Last edited by PuttyGod; 09-03-2009 at 01:38 AM.
PuttyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #87
Live4Life

Send a message via Yahoo to Live4Life

Live4Life's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Count me in.....finally!!!

Thanks to N3xus Gamer for the collector tag!

Live4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #88
smokestacker

Colonic Biscuit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttyGod View Post
The real challenge for me is Freedflow Gold. I don't know how in the fuck I;m ever gonna do some of those.
Mainly because I feel like you have to pull this variation x9 achievement in ever single round in order to get some of those ridiculous scores.
It seems the secret is having a high combo counter, variations help, and end with the LT Y takedown for tons of points.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=171880

these tips are quite good, especially the strategies involving the batclaw

smokestacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #89
W1ldcatattack

KFBR392's Gamercard
I still need freeflow perfection, but I got the 40x combo on the Gamestop downloadable content level Crime Alley on the fourth round.
W1ldcatattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #90
PuttyGod

PuttyGod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ldcatattack View Post
I still need freeflow perfection, but I got the 40x combo on the Gamestop downloadable content level Crime Alley on the fourth round.
Do you know if the medals from the dlc maps count towards the achievement? That would be a nice little relief.