PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #241
TheBigChon

thebigchon's Gamercard
OMFG sign me up, did this outside the visitor center after loads of practice and screaming at my tv
TheBigChon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #242
Erinyes1103

Erinyes1103's Gamercard
Got this one playing the Shock & Awe challenge. Did anyone esle notice that after you've done it once it suddenly becomes easy to do all the time?
Erinyes1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #243
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Add me to that list. Honestly, though, I didn't think it was that hard (I didn't lose my temper. That's proof.) I sat down and it only took me about 15 minutes to do and that was mostly just experimenting with the best order to perform the moves and learning how to manipulate the enemies into the positions I wanted them in.

Here's my trick for anybody looking for some help:

Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) Round 1:

Immediately run over to the left of the room and land 3 (X) attacks on the guy trying to pick up the monitor, followed by a (Y) to the guy that came up behind you. Turn around and face the opposite wall and do a (B) move on the closest enemy, land one more (X) attack on a stunned enemy to get your 5x, than (AA) over as many guys as you need to get as far as possible from where you were. When you turn around use your (R) to draw in some enemies closer (if you see the stun baton guy is close, use (L) first, than (R). If the knife user is in the group that you dragged in with the claw, than use (Y+B) to take him down, otherwise use (A+X) to throw the closest enemy, than (Y+B) regardless of what enemy it is (more of a back-up measure.) At this point it's kind of up in the air what you have to do to get the final move, but what I did was I evaded over their heads to put some distance between us again, than I simply did (L) a couple more times on all of the enemies left standing and (R+Y) the closest enemy and boom it's done.

My entire round in order start to finish

X,X,X
Y
B
X
AA,AA
L
R
YB
AX
AA,AA
L,L
RY
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #244
SKYSHADOW3

SKYSHADOW3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gor1lla View Post
signed

wasn't that hard to get, if you ask me.
Signed and agreed. Once you start working on the challenge modes, you need to do some wide variety combos anyway so you should start to get good at this.
SKYSHADOW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #245
dmapr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSHADOW3 View Post
Signed and agreed. Once you start working on the challenge modes, you need to do some wide variety combos anyway so you should start to get good at this.
Couldn't agree more. I got the Freeflow Perfection on the second or the third round of Intensive Treatment (the first one that had enough enemies to sustain the full combo) but by the time I was done with the combat challenges a week later I was pulling off the combo in the first round of every Extreme challenge.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 AM   #246
Megaman 8bit

Megaman 8bit's Gamercard
signed :P

did it quick i think took me like 10-12 tries on sewer rat (extreme) i like more enemies makes it more interesting only on part one though dont need THAT many but a bit is nice

Arcade (200/200)100%
My 100% Arcade Games
Megaman 8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #247
Arkalivan

Arkalivan's Gamercard
Signed.

Got it unintentionally during the part where a Titan comes down in the elevator and swarms of goons follow.

Got to be the only difficult achievement that I just "happened" to get.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #248
Married2Mary

KingConstrictor's Gamercard
it took awhile but i wouldnt say it was hard. the problem is the game does not prepare you for the combat challenges at all. like other than breaking walls i never needed to use the ultra batclaw on enemies. what im saying is most of batman moves you dont use againist enemies they are more geared towards the story and its missions. my method was simple

punch enemy til someone tries to hit u from behind counter him.
get to x5 or more throw enemy
keep punching while evading
get to x10 or more now use instant takedown
right after use batarangs to knock a few thugs down
right after that the suckers who you did not knock down with
the batarangs batclaw them to you then cape stun them
proceed to kick ass til ur down to like 3 or less thugs then batarang them to knock them down then ground takedown right away and bam that simple at least for me.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #249
d.palapuz

M4KUHLETZ's Gamercard
I remember getting this in one of the Combat Challenges on Extreme, I believe its in the Sewer. It took me a lot of tries to succeed, and I did!
Its easier if you have a strategy. All I did was connect moves like the batarang with a hit and then batclaw with another strike, then it was pretty simple!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #250
EternalSoul77

EternalSoul77's Gamercard
Angry Grrr!!

I tried for hours to get this achievement, the freeflow challeneges crazy.. if it wasnt for this and the perfect combo, i would have 100% on this game.. any tips that are easy for my stupid ass to do!!lol
EternalSoul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:23 AM   #251
biocrud

HamSandwich32's Gamercard
I'm gonna have to try this again when I get a new controller. Someone threw mine against a wall trying to get the stupid freeflow perfect.... I mean I dropped it.
biocrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #252
Corhrtz

corhrtz's Gamercard
I got this one in the first combat challenge last summer. I liked the combat in Batman, but even taking my time with it got more and more frustrating. I got that and the Free Flow 40 on the same day. that one is best right before Joker.
Corhrtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:59 AM   #253
codehunter447

MLG x HuNTeR x's Gamercard
Well I'm pleased to said that after trying to obtain this achievement for a hour last night. I got it just a few minutes ago. The problem that I encountered is that I noticed today, I forgot to get the Knockdown Batarang upgrade.

Here is a the set-up that I used to get it:

Level = Intesive Care (Extreme)
Enemy Wave = First

Combo Order
Batclaw
Hit
Throw
Counter
Evade
Stun
Batarang
Ground Pound

Completed Retail Games

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed 2
Dead Space
King Kong
Just Cause
NFS Most Wanted
codehunter447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #254
Ibanez V7

Ibanez V7's Gamercard
Hard? This achievement is simple. Took me longer to catch the remote batarang.

Last in the World to 1K Avatar: TBE
Ibanez V7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #255
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Lucky for me I got this achievements without even thinking about it. I was playing on Shock and Awe Extreme and it popped up after the third wave.

Thanks to Gackt
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #256
The Daddy

the daddy 2005's Gamercard
got this on the 2nd wave of Shock & Awe extreme - fairly simple I thought - key for me was lots of evading, and using the slow-mo on takedowns to pan around with the right stick to see where to attack next

100% Retail (22) - including
Batman Arkham Asylum - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - L.A Noire - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - WWE All Stars

100% Arcade (8) - including
Monkey Island 1 - Monkey Island 2 - Beyond Good and Evil
The Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #257
KyKy

KillswitchKyren's Gamercard
A bit late but... Signed.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #258
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I have to say, this achievement was very easy; as I did it very early in the game. I've done a lot of combat challenges so attempting this achievement was a breeze.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #259
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The toughest part is remembering which one I missed. I am not great at combat, but you only have to get 9 button presses correct to do this. It's not easy, but it also isn't that tough. Certainly, it is easier than x 40 (for me).

This is how I did it and I chose this order because it just meant I could get half the moves out of the way very early on.

Intensive treatment (extreme)

1: RR (Batclaw 3 guys)
2: xxx (on the guys you have just batclawed)
3: AA (jump to the back of the room again)
4: LL (batarang the remaining standing guys) - bear in mind that after a double tap of A to evade, you should actually only need to press the LT once for the batarang to register. Be careful here as it is very easy to throw 2 sets and stop the combo
5: LT+Y (take down now as all the enemies should be on the ground. This also gives the other enemies time to get up

At this point you are very early on in the level and over half the moves are complete. Now I would recommend another AA (evade toward an enemy) followed immediately by:

6: A+X to pick up an enemy you have evaded toward. This should also allow enemies to approach you.

7: At this point either Y to counter or B to stun. Depending on what is happening around you.

8: If you just used B to stun then this move should be Y+B to do the other type of takedown.
If you used Y to counter then evade again toward another enemy and use
B now, followed immediately by Y+B to take down the stunned goon. (which should see the combo complete now).

9: leaving only a counter to take place. But to be honest, this opportunity has probably already presented itself.

Be vigilant of people grabbing things of the wall. If you see this happening, either evade towards them and grab them (a+x) as nobody will attack while this is happening, or hit them for a critical strike. Of course, you can always just aim a hit (x) toward them and hope that batman can cover the distance for a critical strike.

It's hard to offer an exact method to this as it very much depends on the decisiions goons make.

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.

Last edited by Wortsenawl; 11-19-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #260
Xaius

Xaius's Gamercard
signed...
didnt really think it was hard just took some practice to get down the best flow of attacks,

Completed Retail: 42
Xaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #261
C Dott 96

C Dott 96's Gamercard
Sign me up and I found this easiest on sewer bat extreme I think I bat clawed when the challenge began hit a guy from the group of 3 did a counter jumped over a guys head went to the guy I punched did a quick batarang to floor guys running at me did a ground takedown and just stunned one then just played normal to work up my combo and used finishing moves and forgive me if I forgot a move. If you fail quit and try again as after round 1 there is too many enemies and some have weapons that ruin your combo.
C Dott 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #262
shredsector

shredsector's Gamercard
i almost always do it the same way when i'm trying to do this and get variation bonusx9 in the combat challenges. starting with batclaw, couple strikes/counter, throw, strikes, instant takedown, stun, evade, strike, batarang, ground pound. that's just how i remember it.
shredsector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #263
xEMPTYGRAVEx

xEMPTYGRAVEx's Gamercard
I found the best place to get this is Intensive Treatment (Extreme) first round.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #264
napoearth

napoearth's Gamercard
I got this after about a dozen tries on the first (insane) challenge. The key for me was to wait for batman to finish his animation for the move before pressing the button for the next move. I would always break my combo when I got in too big of a hurry.

Last edited by napoearth; 07-15-2012 at 10:27 PM.
napoearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #265
luis207

luis207's Gamercard
SIGNED
It wasnt too hard. Now 40 combo took me a while
Old 08-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #266
Zbong

Zbong's Gamercard
I got this when your going to fight the joker at the end and all the thugs are waiting for the "party" inside the building. Easy cuz its right by a checkpoint and there are enough guys you can try multiple times without restarting. Thought this was pretty easy after beating all those challenge maps on Arkham City.
Zbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #267
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSHADOW3 View Post
Wasn't hard at all. Managed this one in story mode randomly. Not excited about Shock and Awe Extreme though. That looks tough as balls.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #268
mercyforme

mercyforme's Gamercard
I thought this one was pretty easy personally. It's the only reason I beat the first level of Shock and Awe though. I needed that bonus at the end to pass 30k. The volume of enemies in the Extreme version took some of the pressure off to do it again though.
mercyforme is offline   Reply With Quote