Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Section 8
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Painkiller Q8

Painkiller Q8's Gamercard
Exclamation Fail game!!

this game is not worth buying and not even rent .. its one of the most boring games ever online/offline

just stay away from it .. it is just wanna be HALO !

omg.. I can't take it anymore .. I will just throw it in the trash ...

WATCH OUT GUYS

Best games ever made in the whole gaming history!
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
Painkiller Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
frazzleberry

Send a message via AIM to frazzleberry Send a message via Yahoo to frazzleberry Send a message via Skype™ to frazzleberry

Burst EXE's Gamercard
It played like a game that isn't gonna be touched by to many people outside of the achievement community.

Check out my reviews and Achievement Overviews!
http://www.youtube.com/frazzleberry
frazzleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
jgomes32

jgomes32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
How about you stop expecting every damn shooter to be like Halo, dumbass.

If you haven't read about this game, it isn't supposed to be ANYTHING like Halo. You are supposed to use tactics, not run-and-gun. Learn to play fucking video games other than Halo. Noob.
Agreed.

The game is good and fun.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I just started playing this game. I haven't even touched the MP yet, and while the SP is supposed to basically introduce you to the game and get you ready for MP, I am finding SP quite enjoyable. It is a nice little story.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
BlazingCheerio

Send a message via Yahoo to BlazingCheerio

Blazing Cheerio's Gamercard
yeah plus easy cheevos when you play instant action

BlazingCheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
skuff

dj skuff's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza Tournament 2nd Place
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Gotta say i agree.. I don't play much these days, so when i do it has to keep my attention.. Joined one game, shot someone for about 15 seconds before they died, turned it off.. I hate games like this, so deleted it from my card straight away

99999 achieved 3/4/08
skuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
Pheonix_Assassin
Banned User

Phe0nixAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Is the demo of this game out yet?
Pheonix_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
WhiteDragon2501

WhiteDragon2501's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
How about you stop expecting every damn shooter to be like Halo, dumbass.

If you haven't read about this game, it isn't supposed to be ANYTHING like Halo. You are supposed to use tactics, not run-and-gun. Learn to play fucking video games other than Halo. Noob.
^This, I agree with. I have longer responses than this on GFAQs, but this is a short way of saying it.

Now for what was said here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuff
Gotta say i agree.. I don't play much these days, so when i do it has to keep my attention.. Joined one game, shot someone for about 15 seconds before they died, turned it off.. I hate games like this, so deleted it from my card straight away
That's just seems like a CoD or Halo attitude. Oh, I gotta shoot someone for a prolonged time to kill them. That takes too long, I'm going back to something that I can camp and get kills with cheap ohko weapons. At least it comes off like that. You can go and not like it, but saying it like that just seems... ignorant.

Now, this game isn't for everyone, but people. If you're gonna have complaints or try to warn people away from something, then do so in a better way. Do it in an intelligent way. Actually have content to your posts. DON'T just come across as someone who got beat, and so now you hate the game and want no one to play it because you're no good at it. Or as someone who didn't give it a fair chance.

Also, if you just played the demo, then you don't see all the game has to offer.

As for me, I'm loving the game. I like the story, but it was too short in my opinion. Hell, even the poem in that one cinematic was good. I wonder if the name of it is "Lightning" or "I feel like Lightning".

The gameplay is fun too, but it's not like the major FPS titles out there. You can't be a 1 man army and just take power weapons with you. It's has more to it than a sniper is able to hold back an entire enemy team by just headshotting everyone as soon as they pop out of cover.

Also Skuff, did you change your passive modules or just go with a default? That may be your problem. I get kills much faster than that.
WhiteDragon2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix_Assassin View Post
Is the demo of this game out yet?
Been out for weeks...
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #10
Kalathar

RobNGraves's Gamercard
okayt someone playing the game for 1 kill which took 15 seconds to do and thinks the game sucks? hell any game you play for 15 seconds you can hate. you dont give anything long enough to set in and figure out what the story is. what you can do. hell loadouts can be changed. just so happened that person may of had their loadout set to max armor so they can dish out more damage to others before they drop. seems smart to me other then halos universal all is same bullshit. Halo = Gaylo. because its too easy for a noob to go around and kill-camp. at least in Section 8(S8) people can at least defend themselves better when they start getting shot. but halo you can shoot someone 1 time with sniper and die. in S8 you got to at least give 2 - 4 shots due to armor/shield/distance/healing. before you start saying a game sucks. play the demo for 30 minutes. play a full round actual game and then give your opinion. but when you just jump in and out and then rate it. thats BS. dont speak your opinion on a game till you play it for a bit.
Kalathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
LOVING the MP. GOD this is fun! Woo!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #12
ANIM4L

RenegadeANIM4L's Gamercard
Actually the game is like Tribes, for those who might have played it you'll find this game to be very similar to it.

Halo is garbage... you probably shoulden't compare your games by it, cause I compare Halo to Quake (PC), Run&Gun with very little tatics needed. This game can be a Run&Gun if you want but you'll find yourself spawning more than getting frags. People who use thier head and setup deployables with play longer than those who don't. The OP was probably very used to offense only games, and this game is half defense & half offense.

Go back to playing halo kid, post failed.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:45 AM   #13
pinktacohunter

pinktacohunter's Gamercard
Fun game. Easy to get the hang of controls. Got so carried away in SP story forgot I have work tommorow. Haven't tried Mp yet should be good.
pinktacohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:44 AM   #14
Aeromaster

Aero235's Gamercard
i got it today and it rocks i mean i love the achievements because they are fun and very easy so its a must buy!
Aeromaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #15
Merlin3_23

I Merlin86 I's Gamercard
For those of you who say this game takes strategy are fing nuts. This game is a rip from Unreal 2004. Which is to say fast paced shooter that you need to control locations to win. Its nothing like halo and if expected it to be your an idoit.
Merlin3_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #16
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I have to agree with you on this one. I was watching a few trailers for it on GameTrailers and the combat system is just plain garbage. It takes forever to kill someone, the moving system is garbage too. This game is a rip-off of every shooter. This game should win a trophy for being the worst shooter game ever. That's just my thoughts though, so don't flame me or get pissed off.

Last edited by My Gamertag is Papa Skull; 09-02-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Accidentally misspelled a word.
My Gamertag is Papa Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #17
BlazingCheerio

Send a message via Yahoo to BlazingCheerio

Blazing Cheerio's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Gamertag is Papa Skull View Post

I have to agree with you on this one. I was watching a few trailers for it on GameTrailers and the combat system is just plain garbage. It takes forever to kill someone, the moving system is garbage too. This game is a rip-off of every shooter. This game should win a trophy for being the worst shooter game ever. That's just my thoughts though, so don't flame me or get pissed off.

really? you know all this from a trailer? it might take alot to kill someone if they have max shields/ armor on. if they are into full attack then they go down fast. play a game before you bash on it.

BlazingCheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #18
skuff

dj skuff's Gamercard

Woohh don't shoot me down for having an opinion.. I can tell if i like a game within minutes, can't everyone?

I left everything on default.. But like i said i don't get time to play much xbox now (maybe once a week) and havn't played for achievements in over 3 months.. So when i play a game it has to be something i enjoy, and i just didn't enjoy this..

Also love how people twist things, i never said once that this game sucks, i just said i don't like games like this

99999 achieved 3/4/08
Old 09-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon2501 View Post
^This, I agree with. I have longer responses than this on GFAQs, but this is a short way of saying it.

Now, this game isn't for everyone, but people. If you're gonna have complaints or try to warn people away from something, then do so in a better way. Do it in an intelligent way. Actually have content to your posts. DON'T just come across as someone who got beat, and so now you hate the game and want no one to play it because you're no good at it. Or as someone who didn't give it a fair chance.
When I saw the trailer for this game I thought it had potential, so I checked out its website. I was impressed and added it to my wishlist. I have not played a demo however, so I dont have an opinion on its gameplay. I do agree with the above quote. If you are going to disclaim something or praise it, please provide coherent reasons, because some people such as myself actually take the time to read posts in the hopes of learning more about a game we might potentially buy. I just wasted 10 minutes reading this and posting my responce when I could have actually been getting work done
Old 09-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #20
ANIM4L

RenegadeANIM4L's Gamercard
Quote:
I played the demo too you .. I'm not wanting to get an infraction due to some idiot callin' me out. I watched trailers, played the demo, seen other people play it. And it is GARBAGE. So get off my case before I get on yours buddy.
Dude chill already, its the internet not real life. I would have flamed you too if you based your opinion solely on the game's trailer. That's why he flamed you, and if you hated the game that much that you posted about it, well thats cool but you should've left it at that.

And Merlin, nuts maybe but your insane for thinking there's no strategy involved. For an example of this 8 people on a team 2 hold down a CP, while the 4 people attack, 2 others complete alt. objectives. The 4 who attacked drop back at the original CP that the 2 are defending, each time setting up deployable defenses with a deployable supply post next to them. As long as your team is proficient at killing, defending and completing tasks, the original CP will be untouchable. That my friend is a lesson in strategy and its one me and my friends use often.

This game is different than your usual run of the mill FPS, you can compare it to what ever you want, but stop calling a rip off, halo was a rip off of Tribes, Unreal Tournament was a rip off of Quake, and Quake was a rip off of Doom.... I can continue on but I think you get the drift.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:11 AM   #21
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
In my opinion, the game blows.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But seriously, I am not very impressed with this game.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #22
Achronos808

Achronos117's Gamercard
To the OP: Less QQ, More Pew-Pew. -Internet Meme-

Let me explain this in a nicer way... If you don't like it, don't go make a post on how or why you do not like the game on a game achievement forum. Instead, go to Southpeak's/ Timegate's forums and make a post there on how or why you do not like the game and what they (Southpeak/Timegate) should do to make the game better. This, game is not Halo or Call of Duty, however, is very similar to Star Siege Tribes. (as one person stated above).

I guess the mentality of many people these days while playing First Person Shooters is that if the enemy does not die within a certain amount of shots they rage quit. I guess this newer generation wants things immediately with hardly any challenge. (For example: using the sniper rifle: in Halo: 1 HS or 2 body shots; in COD: 1 HS or what gametype/ perks you are using. Section 8: 3-6 shots depending on how much armor and shields one has).

Also, almost all FPS games can look back at their lineage to Unreal, Quake, Doom, Wolfenstien, etc... for their popularity and new ideas they brought to the gaming market at the time and they were completely awesome for their time. While many newer gamers may never see how or what started FPS games, and they may just think Halo or COD or BF.

One thing I do like about this game is that the battlefields are quite large and it does take time to get to them and there are several bases to go to, though that is what the overdrive is for. Another thing I do like is the ability for one to select your own spawn point or to drop in as a squad and possibly land on your opponents instead of being able to spawn in a predetermined area, boxed in and camped. (Yes, camping is a legit strategy, though not really liked by the receiver). (I've been in both situations camping and being camped by a stacked team making a tent neighborhood with barrels sticking out of one end and setting campfires making s'more's and having a BarbeQueQ) (I know, lol its a bad TF2 joke lol)

I do not mind that it takes several shots to kill an enemy whether it is shooting through their shields and armor or being in their face with the shotgun, pistol, assault rifle, or machine gun, and/or knife which bypass shields at close range.

To me, this game has a blend of Battlefield (capture points), Halo (orbital drop and of course, Space Marine #8,484,572,920.... in power armor), Tribes (jetpacks and power armor), and maybe something else from another game I may have missed..
Achronos808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #23
RaccoonNinja28

RaccoonNinja28's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuff View Post
Woohh don't shoot me down for having an opinion.. I can tell if i like a game within minutes, can't everyone?

I left everything on default.. But like i said i don't get time to play much xbox now (maybe once a week) and havn't played for achievements in over 3 months.. So when i play a game it has to be something i enjoy, and i just didn't enjoy this..

Also love how people twist things, i never said once that this game sucks, i just said i don't like games like this
Says the guy with 99999 gamerscore.
From what ive played in the Demo, this game is really fun. The spawning mechanic is cool.

Murder Nature(Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)
Kill all the Animal Types. 30

Deadliest Warrior: Legends

RaccoonNinja28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #24
skuff

dj skuff's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaccoonNinja28 View Post
Says the guy with 99999 gamerscore.
From what ive played in the Demo, this game is really fun. The spawning mechanic is cool.
If your that bothered go check my card on xbox.com.. You will see that i have only got about 1k in the last 4 months

99999 achieved 3/4/08
Old 09-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #25
Falifax

Falifax's Gamercard
When I played demo for the first try I was like OMG this is sooooooooo boring but I gave it a second chance and I find it quite enjoyable, spawning system is awesome and weapons are original
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #26
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Just played some Halo 3 today for the first time in months. Graphics in S8 > graphics in Halo 3.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #27
Blackout 1396

Blackout 1396's Gamercard
you need to be good at it to like it.......
Blackout 1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:07 AM   #28
Mr Wuggles1

Quote:

exhibit A of human stupidity

gt: Stonedd Bulldog
Mr Wuggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #29
Painkiller Q8

Painkiller Q8's Gamercard
still ... even when I forced my self at this game .. its BAD really bad!!
did IGN/gamespot rate it yet ?

GOD DAMN IT its on my GT now can't delete it I got one achievement buy mistake

Best games ever made in the whole gaming history!
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
Painkiller Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #30
KloudStrife

KloudStrife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
As a few have posted, this definitely isn't a game for the Halo/CoD crowd. I've show this game to a few friends and they scoffed it at first, because I wasn't initially running at every enemy and unloading all my bullets at them. The game takes strategy, and apparently most people don't like that anymore.

P.S. Pretty ballsy Painkiller Q8, playing so many pre-releases on your main tag. Keep them on an alternate gamertag until the game comes out, are you really that impatient?

KloudStrife is offline   Reply With Quote