PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Section 8
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #31
BlazingCheerio

Send a message via MSN to BlazingCheerio Send a message via Yahoo to BlazingCheerio

Blazing Cheerio's Gamercard
i think ppl just hate the game cuz they suck at it. wish they where as good as me >.>
http://s8stats.timegate.com/xbox/acc...lazing-cheerio

BlazingCheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #32
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingCheerio View Post
i think ppl just hate the game cuz they suck at it. wish they where as good as me >.>
http://s8stats.timegate.com/xbox/acc...lazing-cheerio
Damn, those are some sick stats!

FX.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #33
zeroFerus

Send a message via MSN to zeroFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Thumbs down

This game blows! I want my money back.... I don't see how anyone could find this game good in any way unless you just play games for achievements.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #34
Solaryt

Send a message via MSN to Solaryt

Solaryt's Gamercard
HA! i love when people either dont like a game or really suck at it then all of a sudden its the worst game ever!!1.

I thaught this game was pretty good, i especially love how you drop in and can kill people by landing on them xD
Solaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #35
BrassBallz
Banned User

Sixgun Samurai's Gamercard
Agreed. The demo blew but it's getting 8.0 reviews across the board while WET gets a 6.6. WTF is wrong with reviewers? They must be getting bribed.
BrassBallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #36
McApree

Send a message via AIM to McApree

McAspree's Gamercard
I saw the video for this which makes it look real fun, but now that a lot of people are dissing it I will have to take a look at the DEMO

McApree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 AM   #37
Dov

Jaster I Mereel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller Q8 View Post
this game is not worth buying and not even rent .. its one of the most boring games ever online/offline

just stay away from it .. it is just wanna be HALO !

omg.. I can't take it anymore .. I will just throw it in the trash ...

WATCH OUT GUYS
Hope you get banned for all the hacked and/or pre-release games you're playing, noob.

Section 8 is not Halo. It doesn't try to be, and it doesn't surprise me that a Halo fan hates it after being destroyed trying to play it like Halo. It's a sci-fi Battlefield. It's not great by any means (major control issues, especially in vehicles), but it offers a MP experience unlike anything on the Xbox, and if you like team-focused multiplayer and have a good group of friends who are the same, it can be a blast.
Dov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:55 AM   #38
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov View Post
It's not great by any means (major control issues, especially in vehicles), but it offers a MP experience unlike anything on the Xbox, and if you like team-focused multiplayer and have a good group of friends who are the same, it can be a blast.
Couldn't have said it better myself

FX

Old 09-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #39
madhatter872000

how come every idiot who plays a fps that futuristic and has body armor thinks its a Halo knockoff? and if that's the case then halo is copying the Tribes series and a bunch of other games i can't remember the names of from the 90's. if you want to be that much of a jackass every game is ripping of some other game that was made before it
madhatter872000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #40
madhatter872000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov View Post
Hope you get banned for all the hacked and/or pre-release games you're playing, noob.
lol i like how it says he has so many achievement points but on xbox.com it says he hasn't played any games
madhatter872000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #41
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter872000 View Post
lol i like how it says he has so many achievement points but on xbox.com it says he hasn't played any games
That's probably because his account is set to private.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #42
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
The only problem I have so far is that there are no audio for me during the cutscenes.

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #43
Gust0o

VerbotenCandy's Gamercard
The game isn't going to win any awards, it's simply missing the relevant polish - but, with the right team mates it's an enjoyable team-based shooter, just like Tribes was before it.

I don't expect the mayfly attention spans of the 'Halo' crowd to be the soundest base for an opinion - but, having waded into the MPs of Wolfenstein and Fear2, this is far from the worst.

The achievements fall pretty quickly and the game should be a bargain now. If you'll look beyond the lack of a real SP and hit the servers straight-away you'll have some fun with it.
Gust0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:46 AM   #44
BOSS OF BOSSES

B0SS of B0SSES's Gamercard
ya this game blows
BOSS OF BOSSES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #45
Bango Stank

BangoStank's Gamercard
This game makes me thankful for Gamefly. I played it for about an hour and hated it. back in the mail the same day.
Bango Stank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #46
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller Q8 View Post
this game is not worth buying and not even rent .. its one of the most boring games ever online/offline

just stay away from it .. it is just wanna be HALO !

omg.. I can't take it anymore .. I will just throw it in the trash ...

WATCH OUT GUYS
Don't agree. I'm actually REALLY enjoying this one. OK, it has its flaws, glitches (ranking system), and the tank drives like shit... if you don't know how to drive it! And since I DO...
Yup, I want 100% completion on this one as well

Last edited by Trikke; 03-19-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:13 AM   #47
TheGoldenReaper

Send a message via AIM to TheGoldenReaper

xWAx Nomsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game makes me sleepy..

It's almost as boring as Sniper: Ghost Warrior or maybe it's the other way around.
Now, before I get raged at in 2 months by someone who is completely in love with this game, let me say this.. the game isn't TERRIBLE it's just.. how should I put this.. it's poop!

I know how some of you, that actually like this game, feel. Turok was my fun game that everybody hated. Everybody has a 'meh' game that they like.

Last edited by TheGoldenReaper; 08-02-2010 at 06:19 AM.
TheGoldenReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #48
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I don't find this game anything like Halo. I find it fun though. And for the price I got it at I am happy with it.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 AM   #49
Another Pantherrfan

xTHExASSETx's Gamercard
I liked the demo more than I liked Halo 3.
Another Pantherrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #50
vincf01

Vincf 01's Gamercard
section 8 is everything that halo wishes it could be, everyone has an equal advantage of killing the other person, there is no spawn killing, and you have the ability to call in turrets/vehicles. so whats not to love? this game is all about using the right load-out and weapons(its called strategy). with a little team work, a group of 2 can take on an entire team.
vincf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #51
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincf01 View Post
section 8 is everything that halo wishes it could be, everyone has an equal advantage of killing the other person, there is no spawn killing, and you have the ability to call in turrets/vehicles. so whats not to love? this game is all about using the right load-out and weapons(its called strategy). with a little team work, a group of 2 can take on an entire team.
Halo: Reach uses loadouts now... I wonder if they stole that idea from this game? It sure ain't from Gears of Wars. But then again, they stole the hordes idea (Gears) to put in Halo: ODST (firefights).

Anyways, I'm doing Section 8 a second time now, this time on PC to get me another set of achievements, since the xbox already got 100% completed.

And, I'm one of the very few ones who is very excited about Section 8's sequel
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote