PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Lost Planet: Colonies
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-06-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
Pain Psycho

PAIN Psycho's Gamercard
why so many people dislike lost planet

First of all, I do like lost planet, my lvl was 48 or something like that but I traded it for CoD WaW because I thought it was gonna kick ass but I was wrong... anyways why people dislike lost planet

1.-Because its 3rd person like GoW
2.- because of the aiming that it moves and not the character
3.- because of all the chinese, japanese, korean people playing (I don't mind playing with this people, but some people do care)
4.- Lack of players
5.-the strange controls
Pain Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I think Lost Planet is an awesome game and its one of my favourites on the 360 but i havn't played it in a while due to lack of players but one of my friends told me tht the MP has picked up abit since the LP2 demo came out so i might to get myself back on it for a few games. Cant wait for LP2.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I enjoyed it as well dont care at all about online but the SP was good
Old 09-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Indie Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Indie Hero

Indie Hero's Gamercard
I think it's pretty good. I mean online matches are nothing but grenade-throwing Rambos but sometimes you can get into a match with some decent players.

pixels
Indie Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
Electriclectic

Electriclectic's Gamercard
I think the main reasons people don't like it are the smaller issues- being invincible when knocked down, being stunned when you get hit by machine gun fire, etc. Also, before the Colonies maps people were a little tired of every map being snow themed.

I didn't mind, but these were complaints I heard back when the first version came out.

Electriclectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
Adampro123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Psycho View Post
First of all, I do like lost planet, my lvl was 48 or something like that but I traded it for CoD WaW because I thought it was gonna kick ass but I was wrong... anyways why people dislike lost planet

1.-Because its 3rd person like GoW
2.- because of the aiming that it moves and not the character
3.- because of all the chinese, japanese, korean people playing (I don't mind playing with this people, but some people do care)
4.- Lack of players
5.-the strange controls
1 -that's a stupid reason. at least in 3rd person you won't keep getting raped from behind. and if you don't like 3rd person then why play this game. ya know?

(and its actually not much of anything like GOW. you don't have to cover all the time and it doesn't feel as slow as GOW.)

2.- i like that. you move your gun and not your whole body.
3.- I Don't mind that either and usually i find games with americans and canadians.
4. -I have never had this problem,. there has always been a load of players when i go online to play.
5.- im not sure what you mean by "strange controls" maybe strange to someone who just played another game but its pretty much like that with all games. controls are different for different games.

oh and just for the record im not being a dick to you or anything lol. but i guess i am being a dick to whoever really gives those reasons. though there is a demo for lost planet online and people should play it before they buy it just to see if its what they like and if its not they shouldn't buy it and then hate on it.

Feel free to add me on both.

100% completions
-Fable 2
-Fight night round 3

Adampro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Repxindo

Repxindo's Gamercard
I actually like Lost Planet a lot. Its still the game I play the most. Lost Planet is more Japanese oriented with Giant Mechs & huge monsters. It reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter.
Repxindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
challinko

EPOSSTYLE's Gamercard
its a decent game but the lag can get offensive at times, the matchmaking is plain terrible on top waiting forever to get in a game then that stupid ass battle gauge ends the match in a heartbeat, besides those gripes i like it!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think it's because it feels to familiar. For me it seemed like I've already played it a million times.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
philseery

philseery's Gamercard
Tbh, i've only played Lost Planet 2 and i thought it was terrible. Maybe i didn't give it a fair chance but everything felt wrong. The controls, too much vegetation, how slow it was, how stupid the AI was and how rubbish it looks in split screen

I may pick it up again if i'm bored, however i've got a lot more games higher up the list
philseery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 AM   #11
Wry Guardian

Send a message via Skype™ to Wry Guardian

Lost in Chaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by philseery View Post
Tbh, i've only played Lost Planet 2 and i thought it was terrible. Maybe i didn't give it a fair chance but everything felt wrong. The controls, too much vegetation, how slow it was, how stupid the AI was and how rubbish it looks in split screen

I may pick it up again if i'm bored, however i've got a lot more games higher up the list
Lol, the controls are the exact same as LP1 except that they fixed the VS so that you don't exit the VS when you try to pick up a weapon all the time, because picking up a VS weapon uses instead of . There may be other differences, too that I may have overlooked, but that's the one I noticed.

Too much vegetation? That's no excuse in my opinion. The vegetation adds to the visuals of the game, and they also make it more realistic. What do you want if not trees? Flat plains?

How slow it was I can agree with. There are a lot of long runs that have no enemies in them. They do slow the game down. An example being the area where you are surrounded by Akrid after crashing the Hardballers in Episode 6. After killing those Akrid you have a LOOOONG walk to the wall of the core.

I can agree with the AI being stupid as well. They shoot at nothing, and follow you around instead of being strategic and guarding the dataposts like in Episode 1 Chapter 1 Area 3. I have so much trouble with that mission even on Normal with the AI because they are so dumb.

I have never played the game splitscreen yet, so no comment on that.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Kov3nant

Kov3nant's Gamercard
i played lp1 alot on my old profile, and it got boring quickly. (mind you this is before i had xbl)
the reason it got boring was the AI was just too easy, even on hard, but then the bosses would be a bit extreme in comparison. i just might pick it up again since i've become more interested in achievements, but i don't think it's a game i would attempt to max.