PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2009, 01:42 AM   #151
CashlessGecko

KevinK_23's Gamercard
If anybody is up for doing Campaign on Legendary give me a shout!

Gamertag - CashlessGecko

100% Arcade - Dorito's DoD, Interpol.

Working On (Retail) -Dragon Age (510)
Working On (Arcade) - Shadow Complex (20)
CashlessGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #152
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Easiest way to get stunning.

Start up Kizingo Blvd. As soon as you can turn around and walk past the overturned truck. Two jackals and a wraith will come around the corner. Kill the jackals and grab one of their plasma pistols. Charge it and hit the wraith then switch to your rocket launcher and shoot it. There ya go.

Need help with an online achievement? If I got the game Ill help. Just PM me.
COMPLETED: 108 - RETAIL: 62 - ARCADE: 21 - WP7: 15 - W8: 8 - OTHER: 2
Last Completed: Fighting Vipers(XBLA)
Never Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:24 AM   #153
hezekiah

The hezy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXISHADOW View Post
Vidmaster Challenge: Classic-25
Finished any level solo on Legendary, on LIVE, with no shots fired or grenades thrown.

My best guess so far would be 'Uplift Reserve' since you can board a ghost or drive a warthog and drive pass all the enemies.

You do not give much info about this one. You cannot have AI shoot from the turret on the warthog and you cannot use the ghosts weapon. A tip would be to get into the warthog and get a ghost asap and then literally use boost all the way through. Picking up health packs when needed of course.
I just got this achievement. Here are my thoughts on it.

I did Uplift Reserve, no skulls. Start, grab the warthog, get gunner and passenger. Fall back to starting area, give passenger your Spartan Laser. Clear out both wraiths in the first fighting area, then drive on. After you go over a steep bridge, head to the right. Follow that path, then go straight through the small body of water (aim towards the left edge of the building that sticks out into the ocean). Go all the way towards the building, then drive up the rocks. It may take a little getting used to, but it is very doable. From there, drive on and continue to the next big area. If you need to, take the time to get health, a new warthog, or a new passenger and laser (there's one under the main stairs). Then, drive on, over the bridge. Follow the path to the right and up the hill, past the two turrets. Once you get to the next area (with the covenant construction and a wraith), stay to the outside (left edge). Try to splatter the turret, and head over by the marines. There's health there if you need it. After that, get past the wraith and continue up the incline (watch out, the jackals will try to disable your vehicle. Try to avoid the PP shots). You'll probably be weak after getting past the wraith, but keep going; there are a few brutes, but they don't pose a threat. Run 'em down and keep going. Follow the path to the left of the disabled wraith, stay to the left as the path takes a gentle right (avoid the wraith, obviously), and launch yourself to freedom.
For me, the achievement didn't pop until I had gained control at the start of the next mission (playing as The Rookie). That's in contrast to the achievement for just beating the level (Normal or higher), which unlocked for me right after the level-ending cutscene.
Halo 3 (1750), Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect (1200), TNA iMPACT!, NBA Street Homecourt, Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (1345), Rock Band, Guitar Hero 5, The Beatles: Rock Band, N+, Aegis Wing, Carcassonne, Bankshot Billiards 2, Worms, Dash of Destruction, Undertow, Hardwood Backgammon
Almost There
Guitar Hero II (49/50), Gears of War (57/59), Halo 3: ODST (46/50), Guitar Hero III (53/59), Uno (10/12)
hezekiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:55 AM   #154
Einchy

Stupid Naughty Naughty achievement is glitched for me.
Einchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:31 AM   #155
I 7echnician I

I 7echnician I's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Great guide. This will definitely help.
I 7echnician I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #156
BounTyHunteR ZX
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
Junior Detective-10
Found the first clue unravelling the mystery.

You will obtain this as you start the Mission BUCK: Tayari Plaza. You cannot miss this achievement.

Gumshoe-10
Found the 3rd clue unravelling the mystery, alone or with another ODST.

You will obtain this as you start the Mission MICKEY: Kizingo Boulevard. You cannot miss this achievement.

Super Sleuth-10
Found the final clue unravelling the mystery, alone or with another ODST.

You will obtain this as you start the Mission BUCK: Kikowani Station. You cannot miss this achievement.
It might be worth mentioning since some people are having problems with these popping at times to Press the Back button to check your Intel at the beginning of each mission
BounTyHunteR ZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #157
Shadow Coyote

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow Coyote

Shadow Coyote's Gamercard
[WARNING: SLIGHT SPOILER]

For Deja Vu, in the forst underground tunnel, there are 2 mongeese and 4 rocket launchers with 999 ammo. Basically, the level turns into rocket race. It's alot of fun. Stick behind the elephent, and you'll be fine.

[/SOPILER]

Ohai.

Shadow Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #158
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Vidmaster Challenge: Classic-25
Finished any level solo on Legendary, on LIVE, with no shots fired or grenades thrown.

My best guess so far would be 'Uplift Reserve' since you can board a ghost or drive a warthog and drive pass all the enemies.
I had gotten this achievement today and I've found out that you can run over your enemies if necessary(is this obvious?), but I recommend grabbing a chopper if at all possible tell the point before the bridge. The rest of the way should be easy by ghost alone, yet I do say using the ghost to scale walls is a smart idea for this level.
JDMBO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #159
JASEL84

COD MASTAH's Gamercard

Nice job time to make GSs

Prestige 10: Modern Warfare
Prestige 10: World at War
Prestige 10: Modern Warfare 2
Prestige 14: Black Ops
Prestige 14: Modern Warfare 3

Real gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCDxvRFGp0&feature=plcp
JASEL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #160
bashfuleo0723

BBC x JERRY's Gamercard
Super Sleuth???

i didnt get this achievement or i donk know were its at so umm can anyone help i beat this game in heroic already can any one help

GT: T0k1d0k1
bashfuleo0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #161
bashfuleo0723

BBC x JERRY's Gamercard
legendary help

im on the 4th mission and in need of help will be on tomorrow on from 10am to 12pm im in California time

bashfuleo0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #162
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashfuleo0723 View Post
i didnt get this achievement or i donk know were its at so umm can anyone help i beat this game in heroic already can any one help

I have been told be several people you have to press back and check your intel. I never had to, but it seems as if others had to.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #163
Mirror_Image

MirrorPT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror_Image View Post
Hello, i'm willing to try this on legendary, is it very frustrating and hard to play solo? I don't want to happen like on COD5 in veteran that i went so frustated that i never touch the game ever again
Any oppinion?
Mirror_Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #164
milkycha

milkycha's Gamercard
Quote:
Any oppinion?
Legendary isn't too hard on Solo. Easier than Halo3. I did it the first day I got the game.

Just don't bother with any of the Hunters, as they have a ludicrous amount of hit points. Run past them.

milkycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #165
Tokyo Lee

Jedi Knight Lee's Gamercard
Naughty Naughty-5
Killed 10 Engineers in the city at night, alone or with another ODST.

Anyone know the locations for the Engineers?

Good Samaritan-20
Killed no Engineers in the city at night during entire campaign, alone or with another ODST.

I Have to Start a new Campaign to get this achievement? cuz i missed it the 1st time.
Tokyo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #166
Venomized

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Lee View Post
Naughty Naughty-5

Good Samaritan-20
Killed no Engineers in the city at night during entire campaign, alone or with another ODST.

I Have to Start a new Campaign to get this achievement? cuz i missed it the 1st time.
Locations of Engineers are all over New Mombassa streets. Just keep going around (use Mongoose for easy transport) and u will find 10. Took me half hour to get 10.

If you didnt get Good Samaritan you will have to start a new campaign and beat the game. Well you just have to get to Data Hive. It should unlock once you start Data Hive.

Quote:
Any oppinion?
The game is not difficult on Legendary. It will be more difficult than doing Co-op, but easier than Cod 4, 5 and Halo 3 on Hardest Difficult Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerEnglaender View Post
still guide is unfinished. so either a mod takes over or smeone copy/pastes this badboy into a new thread and edits it
Quote:
Originally Posted by icypinksmurf View Post
Hey, I'd be willing to do it, but I think Pants or another mod might just hijack it. Seeing as it's already stickied...
NO ONE IS HIJACKING THIS GUIDE. You guys are talking about High jacking the Guide when the game wasn't even out (Now it is). Jeeze . . . =(

Have patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martdude16 View Post
Harsh, anyway it probably isn't permanent so hopefully the guide will be finished.
Yes of course it will be finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEndriux View Post
why do the guide says that the time for 1000 is not defined ?
What is the difficulties of this game on getting 1000 ?
I updated it. The reason I made it a 6 is because the only 2 difficult achievements are Vidmaster Challenge: Endure and Vidmaster Challenge: Deja Vu. Otherwise it would be a 4 or a 5.

Last edited by Venomized; 09-23-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #167
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
with classic vidmaster porkchop seems to think that you cant run enemies over and get the achievement
is this correct

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #168
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hezekiah View Post
I just got this achievement. Here are my thoughts on it.

I did Uplift Reserve, no skulls. Start, grab the warthog, get gunner and passenger. Fall back to starting area, give passenger your Spartan Laser. Clear out both wraiths in the first fighting area, then drive on. After you go over a steep bridge, head to the right. Follow that path, then go straight through the small body of water (aim towards the left edge of the building that sticks out into the ocean). Go all the way towards the building, then drive up the rocks. It may take a little getting used to, but it is very doable. From there, drive on and continue to the next big area. If you need to, take the time to get health, a new warthog, or a new passenger and laser (there's one under the main stairs). Then, drive on, over the bridge. Follow the path to the right and up the hill, past the two turrets. Once you get to the next area (with the covenant construction and a wraith), stay to the outside (left edge). Try to splatter the turret, and head over by the marines. There's health there if you need it. After that, get past the wraith and continue up the incline (watch out, the jackals will try to disable your vehicle. Try to avoid the PP shots). You'll probably be weak after getting past the wraith, but keep going; there are a few brutes, but they don't pose a threat. Run 'em down and keep going. Follow the path to the left of the disabled wraith, stay to the left as the path takes a gentle right (avoid the wraith, obviously), and launch yourself to freedom.
For me, the achievement didn't pop until I had gained control at the start of the next mission (playing as The Rookie). That's in contrast to the achievement for just beating the level (Normal or higher), which unlocked for me right after the level-ending cutscene.
I know you're only trying to help, but that kind of detailed explanation for this achievement might only serve to over-complicate it for people...

It's very easy just to drive (in a warthog) and boost (in a ghost) past everything without stopping at all, right to the end of the level.

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #169
Venomized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Bugs View Post
I know you're only trying to help, but that kind of detailed explanation for this achievement might only serve to over-complicate it for people...

It's very easy just to drive (in a warthog) and boost (in a ghost) past everything without stopping at all, right to the end of the level.
Can anyone else please confirm that if you have a turret opperator and he shoots, if it disables the achievement for Vidmaster Challenge: Classic?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #170
jbaruch76

Quote:
Can anyone else please confirm that if you have a turret opperator and he shoots, if it disables the achievement for Vidmaster Challenge: Classic?
that's exactly what i did on my first try and i didn't get it. second try i went straight from the warthog to the ghost and then straight to the end. took about 5-10 mins.
jbaruch76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #171
Efferalgan

Quote:
Yes, it disables.

Don't know if it's in the guide, but there are 2 mangoose and 4 rocket launchers with 999 ammo in each, in the first tunnel of the highway, on the final stage.
So it can be very, very, very helpful to get the Videmaster challenge : Déjà-vu. I had it on the first try yesterday. My only advice is to get down the mangoose when the banshee arrives.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Excellent guide by the way.

Last edited by Efferalgan; 09-23-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #172
aussiegamer

HoMiCiDaL362's Gamercard
It's bullshit that you lose achievement progress if you die, absolute ridiculous >.<
Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #173
CATHRO
Banned User

o i Boyd 9 X's Gamercard
I AM UP FOR THE ENDURE ACHIIVMENT SO IF ANYONE IS TRYING I WILL BE ON TILL 6 OCLOCK UK TIME SO INVITE ME Cathro 1
CATHRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #174
BounTyHunteR ZX
Banned User

Quote:
I got the Achievement this morning I Finished the Level in a Worthog I died a couple of times, I had a Gunner and a Passenger (I gave the Passenger my Spartan Laser) and I let them kill every thing for me I got the achievement that way as I posted in the other thread

You have to be signed in to Live when you attempt this
You have to do it Solo
Uplift Reserve is the best Level to do it on
Do Not Press Right trigger not even once, not even in a Vehicle
You can Splatter and as many people as you like
You Can Beat Down/ Assassinate People as well
You can use the Ghost Boost and the Chopper Boost
You can have a Gunner and Passenger
BounTyHunteR ZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #175
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

lol this game ahcievemnts r geeey
BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #176
Efferalgan

[QUOTE=BounTyHunteR ZX;2374167]I got the Achievement this morning I Finished the Level in a Worthog I died a couple of times, I had a Gunner and a Passenger (I gave the Passenger my Spartan Laser) and I let them kill every thing for me I got the achievement that way as I posted in the other thread[QUOTE]

This is strange... I had a gunner too (and of course I've let him kill every thing) and the achievement did'nt pop on my first try. Maybe I pressed the right trigger in my vehicule...

On my second try, I did it whith a gosht, by using the boost every time and avoiding every wraith.
It took me 10 minutes.
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #177
EternalPredator

EternalPredator's Gamercard
headcase

btw you can get it from just havin the secondary skulls, i had grunt birthday party and IWHBYD skulls on and got it on the first level

I watched the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle.
- PS3 (250GB Slim) -
- Xbox 360 S (Reach Edition) -
- Custom built Gaming Computer -

EternalPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #178
o PsYcHoKiLl o

iTs kreX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Lee View Post
Naughty Naughty-5

Good Samaritan-20

I can't find enough, too. After which mission do these achievements start? I know it ends at Data Hive but do I really have to start from the very first mission?

And for the bad one, are there enough Engineers in Streets of Mombasa?
o PsYcHoKiLl o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #179
SPARTANxx3xx

SPARTAN3's Gamercard
can me and my buddy just select every mission and beat it on legendary so that we dont have to spend time in the city we did that for the first 3 missions and it sucked.
so could anybody let me know if that would work?

please answer =)
SPARTANxx3xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #180
-Sonic-

Sonic Showerman's Gamercard
Super Sleuth didn't unlock for me. It also didn't unlock for the 2 other people I was playing with. Fail.