PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #91
lkraan

RedLeeder's Gamercard
I think that this type of game is just not for everybody. Just like I think that some people are by nature good at FPS or race games.
I am not good at this and will never get the combat challenges on gold. even if I play it for 40 hours.

But I sure as hell love this game!

lkraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #92
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
Real constructive man, somebody caught feelings?
oh yes my feelings are hurt......Im gonna go cry now...............yea right, Like I care if you dont have patience or skill, Im just stating a simple fact......

Anyone can practice the strategies all around the forums and get this with some time, and again Ill say it, might take time and patience

seriously though I should stop myself.....cause in the end I really dont care what you guys think about the combat system...Ill just believe what I want cause I know its right

Last edited by KNIGHTOFSERA; 09-09-2009 at 03:13 PM.
KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #93
iTz PRoToTyPe x

Wiettruffel NL's Gamercard
i think those combat challenges are easy
but you just need some practice to beat them
Old 09-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #94
Boiled Frogs

BoiIed Frogs's Gamercard

what is with shock and awe's camera angles? I can never see what the hell is going on

Boiled Frogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #95
Absolutionz

Acclaimed I's Gamercard
These stupid dudes with the electric batons. How do I kill them? I'll hit them with a stun attack, but when I press X to kill him he hits me and fucks up my combo!

Absolutionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #96
KNIGHTOFSERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutionz View Post
These stupid dudes with the electric batons. How do I kill them? I'll hit them with a stun attack, but when I press X to kill him he hits me and fucks up my combo!
jump over them and hit them from behind...

Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #97
Sh0tgunSquirrel

Send a message via ICQ to Sh0tgunSquirrel

I Mr Scratch I's Gamercard
I've not read the full forum but i was wondering if there were any tips anyone could offer on how to beat shock and awe on extreme. I get the 30,000 required easily by the end of round 3 but i just don't ever seem to have enough time to kill them all in the final round. I know i just probably suck but is there a quick method to doing this? I only need this for 100%
Sh0tgunSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #98
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Keep your combo going at all times and don't get hit. Use GT frequently and don't do too much takedowns. As they descrease your timer by about 3-5 seconds. If you keep your combo going and not getting hit, your definetly going to beat the time limit and get 30,000+ to your score.
My Gamertag is Papa Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #99
zapp_8rannigan

Zapp 8rannigan's Gamercard
the combat in this game IS broken, to say its perfect is retarded, if luck is involved its broken (in my opinion at least!) and there's far to much luck involved in the combat challenges

AND anybody who says they are easy are full of shit!

with that said though, i still love the combat in this game, even with all the glitches

The main thing that is annoying me now is Mark Hamil, which is criminal, because i love mark hamil! im actually dreading watching my beloved Batman TAS boxsets again!.....this game desperately needs a skip button implemented at the start of each challenge cause everytime i hear that announcer crap, im one step closer to smashing my controller!

oh and cheers for the advice about the ground pounding, i've been focusing on doing variations in my combo, which is frustrating! will stick with ground pounds and see how i fair!

Last edited by zapp_8rannigan; 09-09-2009 at 09:31 PM.
zapp_8rannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #100
Hobbz

Hobbzinio's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTOFSERA View Post
oh yes my feelings are hurt......Im gonna go cry now...............yea right, Like I care if you dont have patience or skill, Im just stating a simple fact......

Anyone can practice the strategies all around the forums and get this with some time, and again Ill say it, might take time and patience

seriously though I should stop myself.....cause in the end I really dont care what you guys think about the combat system...Ill just believe what I want cause I know its right
The fact is you dont know anything about me and randomly tried to get bitchy....

I wont lose any sleep knowing somebody online thinks I dont have skill cos Im not the best at button bashing the x button whilst running around in circles on a game of Batman...
Hobbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #101
ROME To Ya DOME

ROME To Ya DOME's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
hey common now, the combat in this game is amazing. the combos just look and feel so right. The combat challenges are made this way so they are a challenge (hence the name) If you dont have the patience to get them, thats cool, because beating the game and getting all the riddles was enough for me. so just leave it, who cares... but dont go cussing at the game because you dont want to participate in something in it.
agreed....the combat challenges are fun, and it is not broken. I didn't spend no more than 30 to 45 min on each challenge...Maybe your just bad at the game or you controller is broken....I say your bad at the game...
ROME To Ya DOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #102
ROME To Ya DOME

ROME To Ya DOME's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0tgunSquirrel View Post
I've not read the full forum but i was wondering if there were any tips anyone could offer on how to beat shock and awe on extreme. I get the 30,000 required easily by the end of round 3 but i just don't ever seem to have enough time to kill them all in the final round. I know i just probably suck but is there a quick method to doing this? I only need this for 100%

after the first round I always go up to the second level and fight there because they don't all come up at once so you have less of a chance on not getting hit from behind...when you up on the second level sometime they go back down to get weapons also...make sure your getting using 9 different moves in one combo for a 5000pt bounes at the end.
ROME To Ya DOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #103
richMan86

Thumbs down *würg*

I've just signed up, to state my opinion.

Never played a game that was sooo buggy in its controls, so random and button smashing either.
Can't believe people spend money on this *lol*
Sorry for them.

Played Story Mode on hard through in 3 days - keepin tryin the FIRST Kombo Challenge Mode, and never got more than two Bats.

Shame on this game!
Not worth a second tryin.
richMan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #104
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by richMan86 View Post

Never played a game that was sooo buggy in its controls, so random and button smashing either.
Sorry for them.

Played Story Mode on hard through in 3 days - keepin tryin the FIRST Kombo Challenge Mode, and never got more than two Bats.

Shame on this game!
Clearly it's incredibly buggy if so many other people have absolutely no problem. Yes, there's one or two annoying things (every now and again you might not hit the next enemy in a combo, or the camera might be at a bad angle), but it's far from a huge problem.

I've got 1000 points in the game, and I did all the challenges over the course of a few days (maybe an hour a day max).

And you definitely don't button mash. You time your punches and counters, vary your moves, remove the biggest threats (knives + batons), and do ground takedowns.

Honestly, this is one of the best games that people can spend money on.
Vile Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #105
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile Denial View Post
Clearly it's incredibly buggy if so many other people have absolutely no problem. Yes, there's one or two annoying things (every now and again you might not hit the next enemy in a combo, or the camera might be at a bad angle), but it's far from a huge problem.

I've got 1000 points in the game, and I did all the challenges over the course of a few days (maybe an hour a day max).

And you definitely don't button mash. You time your punches and counters, vary your moves, remove the biggest threats (knives + batons), and do ground takedowns.

Honestly, this is one of the best games that people can spend money on.
Very well said.
My Gamertag is Papa Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:09 AM   #106
MasterToker

cronicbreath's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
I agree that they are hard but i do not think the combat is flawed, I thought I would never beat shock an awe extream but i did and i know with a lil bit more Patience all the challanges are doable..I only have rumble in the jungle EX left

Sig Done By NightDragon
MasterToker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #107
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The one good thing about playing through Ninja Gaiden II on Master Ninja is that other games just don't seem that hard by comparison. The combat challenges in this game are not hard at all, with the exception of Shock and Awe on extreme.

Learn to vary your combos with the most effective moves. Instant takedowns are your best friend, and as far as getting points...aim to get a 9 variation in the early rounds, and then just strive for high combos in the last rounds. Worked like a charm.

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #108
Boiled Frogs

BoiIed Frogs's Gamercard

I think the controls are pretty good most of the time, the only thing that's annoying is when you crouch twice instead of grappling, or aim instead of doing an instant batarang. If you have a weapon that is activated by a double tap, don't make the thing youre double tapping a bloody trigger

Boiled Frogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #109
blackbolt

VanadiumCobalt's Gamercard
Hi,

I have just managed to beat Shock and Awe Extreme and it was LUCK!,getting the score was no problem,but clearing the stage in the time limit was a nightmare.Three guys left,one second remaining,batclawed them and all three went out of the ring.I would say that was luck.Why bother with the time limit anyway.

People would find Shock and Awe Extreme alot easier without the time limit in my opinion.

Regards,

Blackbolt.

blackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #110
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiled Frogs View Post
I think the controls are pretty good most of the time, the only thing that's annoying is when you crouch twice instead of grappling, or aim instead of doing an instant batarang. If you have a weapon that is activated by a double tap, don't make the thing youre double tapping a bloody trigger
I agree entirely. I was rubbish at the combat challenges to start with. I used to just sort of hammer the x button and hope, but once you work out the rhythm of it, it all starts to flow quite naturally. Just takes practice really. I never thought I'd get the freeflow perfection achievement, but I got it today.

As boiled frogs said the only slight issue is the bat claw and batarang. Tapping a trigger as opposed to a button is hardly the most natural thing in the world, plus the camera can occasionally be a little arkward, but apart from that, I wouldn't really say there's any problem with it.
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #111
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalArbiter View Post
The one good thing about playing through Ninja Gaiden II on Master Ninja is that other games just don't seem that hard by comparison. The combat challenges in this game are not hard at all, with the exception of Shock and Awe on extreme.

Learn to vary your combos with the most effective moves. Instant takedowns are your best friend, and as far as getting points...aim to get a 9 variation in the early rounds, and then just strive for high combos in the last rounds. Worked like a charm.
That game was just sadistically hard (turtle boss + projectile spam for example). Still going to go back and finish it one day. One day...
Vile Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #112
Celestial Being

C3L3STIAL B3ING's Gamercard
all i need is to get gold on the combat challenges!!!! but its so hard for me to get the score needed for gold. im 95% complete!!! so close yet so far!!!

Celestial Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #113
booja03

dont know if this will help any of you guys but it definatley helped me when i was trying to get my combo metre up, dont tap X relativley fast, tap it when you want it to hit and instead of just hitting it and moving the left anologue in directions. This lets the enemies that you hit down get back up so that you can hit them again and add another hit to your combo metre, take it slow and think strategically about when you should or shouldnt use the A button to dodge and then hit. Also hitting the X button slower stretches the combo metre to just before it would get lost so that you have the full benefits, if you just keep pressing it then you are losing around .25s each hit which really does add up in the long run. countless times in the earlier stages i was left at a 18 or 19 combo and all the enemies were knocked down so i couldnt get the 20 achievement then i slowed down and 2 or 3 enemies were left standing and enabled me to get alot more points.
booja03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #114
BillyKlyde

BillyKlyde's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by richMan86 View Post

Sorry for them.

Shame on this game!
The combat in this game is not suppose to be "button smashing", it's about timing and quick reflexes. Maybe that's why you can't get past the FIRST challenge, or maybe you just suck. Sorry for you.
BillyKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #115
DLStChad II

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Im on 98%, just need sewer bat x, shock and awe x and rumble in the jungle x.
The challenges are hard but isnt that the point of them. When i first tried the combat challenges i sucked so bad and struggled to even get 1 medal on 1st challenge.But with practise im now where i am now.
Game aint buggy some ppl just suck like i did.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #116
KNIGHTOFSERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt View Post
Hi,

I have just managed to beat Shock and Awe Extreme and it was LUCK!,getting the score was no problem,but clearing the stage in the time limit was a nightmare.Three guys left,one second remaining,batclawed them and all three went out of the ring.I would say that was luck.Why bother with the time limit anyway.

People would find Shock and Awe Extreme alot easier without the time limit in my opinion.

Regards,

Blackbolt.
Of course it would be easier without the time limit.....but its not suppose to be easy...its suppose to be challenging

and I think your getting...your luck confused witht the whole game being a lucky shot......yes I would say you were lucky that the guys ringed out and didnt just fall down infront of the railing ...but that doesnt mean the whole combat system is lucky

Old 09-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #117
Griever

Justin and Jade's Gamercard
Was having a hard time with the combat for a while, but hadn't done many of the challenges. I kept trying to get the freeflow perfection achievement on the first round of Intensive treatment extreme, since it seemed there were enough guys without weapons to get it done. I finally got it after three hours, but when I started actually trying to get my three bats on the challenges, I was surprisingly a ton better at it.

I've managed to get the timing down so that I can land a critical strike on every normal hit to quickly build my combo meter up to 20+, and after that, the scoring really isn't that hard. I'll put my hat in the side of the ring that says the combat isn't buggy or broken. It feels like a very structured system. I've never felt robbed by the system when I lost a combo. Only by the guys with the pipes who come from way off screen to tag me...
Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #118
blackbolt

VanadiumCobalt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTOFSERA View Post
Of course it would be easier without the time limit.....but its not suppose to be easy...its suppose to be challenging

and I think your getting...your luck confused witht the whole game being a lucky shot......yes I would say you were lucky that the guys ringed out and didnt just fall down infront of the railing ...but that doesnt mean the whole combat system is lucky
It was a lucky shot and yes they are challenge,but i still the the time limit is a bit pants.It would have been alot better if they would have raised the score limit from 30k to say 60k.Just my opinion.

Regards,

Blackbolt.

blackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #119
spira

spiraz0ri's Gamercard
I just golded all the combat challenges . There were atleast 2 tought ones that took alot of attempts (Shock and Awe + the extreme version)

My advice would be evading the attacks alot by tapping A so you don't lose your combo and using different moves as much as you can for boosting the variation bonus, also I used throw and takedown moves on the enemies who can be only killed by using stun before attacking.. hope this helps
spira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #120
Mindzeye82

I found the big throw (A + X when you have a critical combo) to be the biggest help. Pick the guy up and throw him out of the ring - it gives you a decent point boost (x25 your multiplier for ring out) and gets rid of one of the enemies.

Also, it is extremely important to get a big variation bonus at the end by using a lot of moves in a single combo. It may be difficult to go all the way for Free flow perfection, but try to get a combo with both power moves, a strike, a counter, a stun, a flip (A to vault over the guy) and a batarang in your combo. This will give you a x7 variation bonus and +2000 at the end of the round. If you can add a few more variants it will give you an even bigger boost that will give you the necessary bonus.

Lastly, try to have at least 23/24,000 by the end of round 3. Round 4 is pretty much a race to knock everyone out due to the small timer (the big throw is extremely important here).

Good luck!
Mindzeye82 is offline   Reply With Quote