PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Battlefield 1943
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Octavian Ajax

Octavian Ajax's Gamercard
Weapon Class Guide

Having the right weapon in the right situation is crucial in battlefield. I've seen countless snipers and machine gunners run across open ground and get ripped to shreds by rifleman, tanks and even planes. If you want a decent kill count and an average score at the least, you have to choose your path carefully.

Each weapon class has its own advantages in a variety of situations - not to mention its flaws.

RIFLEMAN: Choosing this class is always a wise choice. Although most effective at mid-range, the Rifle is also good at picking off distant targets and can make short work of close range enemies when fired from the hip. Attachable grenades work well on stationary targets and are perfect when dealing with closed in enemies and incoming jeeps that can be destroyed with one shot. The normal grenade also works well in these situations and can be used to supress an occupied area as you approach it. In my opinion, this is the best weapon class.

MACHINE GUNNER: Most effective at close range. A good choice of weapon when dealing with grouped enemies. Switching to melee will allow you to repair any damaged vehicle. The bazooka makes a formidable weapon against tanks and if you can perfect its path of trajectory, distant stationary targets are in for a shock. Not advised in mid-range fire fights. It can take a long time to take down enemies at range. Not the most reliable weapon class.

SNIPER: Obviously, this weapon is at its best when used at long range. Unless you get a clean headshot, it can take at least 2 - 3 shots to take down a target. When using the sniper, you must think like a sniper. Never sit on top of a plain hill because you'll be in plain sight of rifleman and opposing snipers. Try to stay close to other allies keeping a distance or place yourself in a dense, bushed area or behind cover. Crouching gives you a slight boost in accuarcy, but wont do you much aid if you decide to keep an extreme distance from you enemies. The remote explosives are perfect for 2 things; sneaking up on tanks, placing a satchel and detonating it. And planting satchels in key areas such as bridges, towers and roads leading into bases. If your caught up in close range confrontation you can always switch to your pistol, but your chances are extremley low against anyone over than an enemy sniper.

I hope this helps anyone trying to get to grips with the game. More tips on the way
Octavian Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Dam.. so thats what I was doing wrong .. I was using the Sniper up close and trying to kill people by throwing the charges!

Thanks for the heads up!

To honest its quite obvious what each weapon is for and what there good and n/good at, but this may help the noobs!?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Octavian Ajax

intresting technique... hah yeah im nice enough to give simpletons something to go by.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Weapon Class Guide--Choose Rifleman if you want to dominate.

The class is overpowered.

After becoming bored with the Rifleman, I started using the Scout. A hilarious tactic to use, which is referred to as the "Jakari Jeep" involves planting a stick or two of dynamite on a jeep. Drive the jeep towards an enemy, whether it be a tank or foot soldier, bail out and blow them away! It takes practice to get the timing right but once you've got it down, you can get loads of kills. Though it is quite easy to die too.

It is a nice guide you have going. I will say, as a Rifleman, I always have my attachable grenade equipped when I am running around. If you're accurate, it'll save your life plenty of times. One hit kill.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
Octavian Ajax

Theres always room for fun! lol i will try this next time i play!

Thanks for the input, at least some people can appreciate these kind of threads instead of complaining about them. If it doesnt intrest you people, dont read it.. lol splosion man ftw!