PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > SBK-09 Superbike World Championship
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
United10717

United10717's Gamercard
Challenges

Post here for help on challenges

United10717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
United10717

United10717's Gamercard
how the hell do u do the scenario challenge where kioynari has damaged bike inthe wet?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
reddevil63

Mumbo Jumbo UK's Gamercard
I just want to know how to skid the bike?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
United10717

United10717's Gamercard
Basically go on the grass turn and accelerate withot trac cont on

Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by United10717 View Post
how the hell do u do the scenario challenge where kioynari has damaged bike inthe wet?
Is there any advice for this one?
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
Veyron

After DarkK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatNiteEduardo View Post
Is there any advice for this one?
You have to cut the chicane but just the first bit on the left otherwise you fall and the grass on the biot straight ahead slows you too much.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
That damaged bike scenario in the wet at donnington is ridiculously hard. I was lucky to get bronze! Took me about 20 attempts even then. Ridiculously hard, which is silly, considerign I have platinum on the majority of the others.
wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
stevo

derivedsolution's Gamercard
re:

I have to agree bout the challange regarding Kiyo and the damaged bike. It's a joke.. I've striaght lined the S-bend like mentioned but the next 2 corners ( the hair pins that finish the lap ) are just impossible to go round at any sort of speed as the bike WILL NOT TURN!!! u end up goin so wide that every one re-passes u..

How did it get pass the testers?

& before anyone starts on at me bout how I must suck at the game I've got every other challange compleated to Platinum so its just this one thats doin my box in...

any advice is most welcome as i'm gettin to point where it will be thrown out of the window..

But that is absolutely the worst case scenario."
stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #9
Snake Eater MTL

Send a message via MSN to Snake Eater MTL

Snake Eater MTL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post

any advice is most welcome as i'm gettin to point where it will be thrown out of the window..

Just throwed dude.... worst challenge ever... I got so fu**in nervous. I can cet to 4-5th place then when I take the chicane everyone passes me and i finish it 14th. what a fu**in game,it's ridicoulus you have to ride a broken bike on the wet and you can't even turn properly... this game sucks.

Snake Eater MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
stevo

Re:

LOL.. I know wat u mean, it was driving me up the wall for a few days but i finally figured out how to do it. Make sure the option for extra grip is turned on under the realism settings and that aided brakes is on and at 250%..

I straight lined the S bend and then as u drop down to the 1st chicane cut the corner sharply, so that u go rite on the grass, my rider was almost brushing the barrier, then cut the last chicane in the same way.. If u have straight lined the S bend correctly u should have enought of a lead that u only loose a few places if any at the end of lap 1.. Then use LAP 2 to build up a lead and again striaght line and cut chicanes..

Thats wat i did and won the race, all be it by 1 second!!!!

hope it helps...

Old 07-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #11
SG1 Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
LOL.. I know wat u mean, it was driving me up the wall for a few days but i finally figured out how to do it. Make sure the option for extra grip is turned on under the realism settings and that aided brakes is on and at 250%..

I straight lined the S bend and then as u drop down to the 1st chicane cut the corner sharply, so that u go rite on the grass, my rider was almost brushing the barrier, then cut the last chicane in the same way.. If u have straight lined the S bend correctly u should have enought of a lead that u only loose a few places if any at the end of lap 1.. Then use LAP 2 to build up a lead and again striaght line and cut chicanes..

Thats wat i did and won the race, all be it by 1 second!!!!

hope it helps...

YES!!!! your a bloody legend :-) i finally did it using your strat. thx alot dude.
SG1 Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
hilde86

delyx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eater MTL View Post
Just throwed dude.... worst challenge ever... I got so fu**in nervous. I can cet to 4-5th place then when I take the chicane everyone passes me and i finish it 14th. what a fu**in game,it's ridicoulus you have to ride a broken bike on the wet and you can't even turn properly... this game sucks.

Maybe you s..k! SBK 09 is one of the best games in racing for a long time and only because there is a hard achievement it dosn't suck. Sometimes I think you guys only want games with 1000/1000 in one hour... what a shame.
SBK 09 is much better than Moto 08 and for me it makes much more fun like no other racing game before, apart from Forza 2 and hopefully Forza 3. In my mind it's very realistic especially in extrem mode, and it's so challenging to win on real.
So maybe you should practice more and be more patient or buy games that suit your gamerscore raising better!
hilde86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #13
stevo

not at all..

I'm not saying it isn't a bad racing game, far from it. In many ways its much better than "08 and motogp games.. You can't really compare it to Forza tho as thats a car simulation game.

My point is that the developers seem to have had a day off in the common sence dept when it came to that 1 challenge. How they can make all the other challenges so easy then thorw such a HUGE curve ball for that 1 is beyond me.

As for getting only getting it to get a 1000 gamer score.. Well if thats wat ppl want to do then let them do it.. Each to their own I say.

This is all just my own personal opinion tho..
Glad to see that u managed to get it done tho..

Old 08-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #14
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
I agree - it is a great motorbike game, and in my opinion best bike game on 360 beating the moto gps and last years sbk by lots.

This challene is hard, but I shall follow those tips above and see how I go!
wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
wieke

can someone make a video on how to do riding in the rain challenge
i have gold but i cant get platinum only one i need for 100%
wieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #16
stevo

Re Video:

I'll look into posting a vid of it m8 but i'm battering Fallout 3 at present

I'll see wat I can do tho.

Til then just keep trying my method, it took me a few attempts ( 2 days almost!!) lol

BUt it does work.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
darkangelizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieke View Post
can someone make a video on how to do riding in the rain challenge
i have gold but i cant get platinum only one i need for 100%
1st lap: drive normally untill you reach the chicane. there pass close to the wall cutting the left part of the chicane. In the hairpin, cut it passing close to the wall in your right side. you should be in at least 5th position, if not, retry. in the 2nd hairpin, cut it passing close to the wall on the left, take care in the exit not to go to the grass on your right because you will need speed for the straight. there you may lose 1 or 2 positions, but you have to be near 5th or 6th, 7th may be ok as well, depending on where are the others and your driving skills.
2nd lap: at the end of the straight, cut a little bit in the right, but not too much. in the next series of turns you have to be faster than everyone because in those turns the ia is slower, so try to stay in 1st or close to the 3rd, even 5th if the other riders in front are close. after the straight, same thing as in 1st lap.

this challenge is really pain in the ass

Last edited by darkangelizer; 08-08-2009 at 09:53 AM.
darkangelizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #18
stevo

re:

Which is almost exactly wat i said to do earlier on in the thread.