PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 3
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #1
SevDelta

SevDelta's Gamercard
Rid of Anti-Boosters

Is there any methods to getting rid of these people? I understand that they just want to play COD3 normally but the game is dead. There's like 3 people on at a time that actually play this legitimately. Then there's the losers that are on the mulitplayer with the sole purpose of messing up boosting sessions. Despite their obvious mental handicap, is there a way to get rid of them by any means?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #2
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Leave a bad review and you will be less likely to be matched up with them.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
SevDelta

SevDelta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Gamertag is Papa Skull View Post
Leave a bad review and you will be less likely to be matched up with them.
Well no, not when that person is one of the 15 people playing the game at the time.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
OldNotreDame

IrishBeatdown's Gamercard
A couple of my friends and I devised the 'blanket method' to get rid of people. It works in 95% of the cases it is used. What you do is have big party boosting, maybe 1 or 2 randoms. Whoever you want out, you teamkill. Then you move in someone in your party from the other team. Proceed to revive the guy you want out as the guy from the other team blasts him before he can get back on his feet. Kill, revive, kill, revive. The person can't move and will soon get so frustrated they will quit the game, leave you threatening voice messages, and submit bad feedback about you. Best yet, they will never ever join your game lobby ever again. I boosted to general in no time using this method.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
SevDelta

SevDelta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNotreDame View Post
A couple of my friends and I devised the 'blanket method' to get rid of people. It works in 95% of the cases it is used. What you do is have big party boosting, maybe 1 or 2 randoms. Whoever you want out, you teamkill. Then you move in someone in your party from the other team. Proceed to revive the guy you want out as the guy from the other team blasts him before he can get back on his feet. Kill, revive, kill, revive. The person can't move and will soon get so frustrated they will quit the game, leave you threatening voice messages, and submit bad feedback about you. Best yet, they will never ever join your game lobby ever again. I boosted to general in no time using this method.
That works but then a new random replaces the old one in the next round. It's like, even at 3am we have 2 or 3 randoms joining every match. It's crazy.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
velho lobodomar

velho lobodomar's Gamercard
if you have sufficient people boosting, you can join a lobby with a random as a host, wait for some other people to join, then launch the match. as soon as the game starts, everyone boosting quits out and immediately search for another room, leaving anti-boosters having a hell of a good time with themselves in a different room than yours.
last retail: Gears of War

xbla + dlc: 3
xbla: 52
last arcade: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
ChunkyKong

ChunkyKong's Gamercard
lol Good post

I don't think there's a lot you can do with the randoms apart from give them the Treatment as OldNotreDame describes. It's quite amusing as well, if that happened to me for a 10 seconds I'd be out but some people (like one last night) stay there for 5 minutes or more.

But yes, I find it very strange that there are people still playing legit. Do they EVER get a decent game ? Ah well, each to their own I suppose, but if I joined a game full of boosters and wanted to play properly, I'd just leave and find another game. Some people have far too much time on their hands.

Still, less than 2000 for me to get to General, see you tonight for more treatment
Old 09-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
RAVAGE

TrX Ravage's Gamercard
I boosted this almost 12 months ago and back then there was a group calling themselves the anti clan or something - they would stay on all night just to ruin boosting matches lol - We only boosted it as there were rumours that the servers would close when cod 5 was released. It was fun winding anti clan members up and if any of them are reading this I still think your a bunch of fags . I cant believe that there are still people playing this game legit lol
Old 09-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #9
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
I cant understand

Why anyone would play that game, I've only recently started boosting cod3 to help out a friend and fair enough I've gotton some points out of it but holy shit it's a bad game, I didn't even think the servers would still be up for it. I've enjoyed 'GIVING THE TREATMENT' as ChunkyKong puts it. I get shit for helping boosters but the players that complain only have around 6000G total gamerscore, there are other games out there, have you heard of cod4/WAW.
Donkeys, And for those anti-boosters.... BLACK CAT in particular. dont run your mouth in a game, it's pathetic, we dont tell you how to play, so dont tell us how to play.

I cant wait to 1000G Dirt2, DAMN SERVERS!!!!

p.s if you need me to help on COD give me a party invite, I'm not bothered too much about points, I'll throw the flag even though I get cramp in my hands after the first 30secs, also II 74 II he's interested

Last edited by xI VARSITY; 09-17-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #10
LEGGOmyEGGObro

LEGGOmyEGGObro's Gamercard
will someone PLEASE help me boost the multiplayer achvmnts on CoD 3?I can't get a legit game(sorry for looking,I guess)so will anyone help me boost a little sumthin sumthin?

Old 09-21-2009, 03:52 AM   #11
JUSTiiE

JUSTiiE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGGOmyEGGObro View Post
will someone PLEASE help me boost the multiplayer achvmnts on CoD 3?I can't get a legit game(sorry for looking,I guess)so will anyone help me boost a little sumthin sumthin?
Yeah ill help man i only have like 5k xp and gonna be on it for awhile cuz people are saying it's closing whenever call of duty modern warfare 2 comes out so yeah add me man ill help ya infact getting of right now for like 2 maybe 1 game
Old 09-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
Waran Esmil

Waran Esmil's Gamercard
LOL @ ChunkyKong, OldNotreDame, and velho lobodomar (some of my CoD3 boosting partners). I have to admit that giving non-boosters the "treatment" was one of my guilty pleasures (and laughed my ass off everytime) boosting to General. Do any of ya'll remember the few twenty-minute "blanket parties" we threw (yep, some people just wouldn't get the message)?

I'm still kind of bummed I never got a voice message that said something like "I promise...I'll be good! I'll start boosting!"
Old 09-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #13
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
SEND ME A FR (oDAZZLAo) IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO BOOST, WE COULD REALLY DO WITH A PARTY OF 8 MINIMUM TO CONTROL THE '''TREATMENT'''
otherwise I check on the flag games every night around 11pm GMT
Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #14
mig0

MIG0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Haha fun stories. I boosted last year in COD3 to get the achievements and the only reason Ive been playing recently was to get the grizzled veteran one (which doesn't require playing online) and just on a lark, I'd join matches but never saw a boosting match.

Problem with anti boosters is if 1 of them is host, if he quits, the game ends. So you're back to square 1. It's better to try to identify the antiboosters and if they're host, just quit the game en masse and form your own the next time.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
The Contender X

Jake Biues's Gamercard
Can't do anything other than deal with it.
Plenty of people that play the game for fun and you can't get rid, it's just best to start a game then quit out.

They deserve the right to play the game so you have to respect there right's.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 AM   #16
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
finally 1000G

I agree with Contender they are entitled to play and I do understand their rights, but I must say, I've enjoyed Giving the treatment just to see how long people stay, I swear that if you've never given the treatment you gotta give it a go, we were doing it the other night with a full firing squad of five and I had to re-spawn as Supply, 14 minutes of treatment is utterly brilliant and there should of been an achievement for people who stayed in the game taking treatment 'achievement unlocked, you endured 14 minutes of treatment from a five man firing squad, you numpty. 1G'
but what gets to me is the fact that they know the booster abuse CAPTURE THE FLAG, so why dont they do a different game mode.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #17
HondaDr

HondaDr's Gamercard
I just started playing this game again and the hole boosting thing is bad. Makes me not want to play it but im missing the online ones still. Thats why I started playing it again. So Im also looking to play online matches too. Hit me up for some game time~
Old 10-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #18
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
Thumbs up Heads up!

Having problems finding you're boosting party? we were so I'dlike to help
MAKE SURE EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS THE FREE 'CHAMPS' MAP available on the dashboard. we were having problems then once everyone had the maps we found each other every time
Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #19
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
When I boosted it I did the kill/revive thing or I'd just quit when people were screwing up our game (I was almost always host for whatever reason, so if I quit the game was over for everyone)
Old 10-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #20
LotusOfDoom

LotusOfDoom's Gamercard
Hey if any1 is still looking for boosting partners send me a message or sumthing, I would like to play this legit but i can almost never find matches so this is the best I got....I'm usually available to boost weekend days
Old 11-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #21
nexesstar

nexesstar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Contender X View Post
Can't do anything other than deal with it.
Plenty of people that play the game for fun and you can't get rid, it's just best to start a game then quit out.

They deserve the right to play the game so you have to respect there right's.
^
This

Or better yet, not boost at all.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #22
DAck1244
Banned User

DAck124's Gamercard
I suppose that could work fairly well.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #23
Isaiahthedude

Send a message via Skype™ to Isaiahthedude

Uncle Wigglez's Gamercard
is this game even that good?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Well people that play on a lot like CaII of Duty 3 intentionally play to piss off Boosters. Nothing you can do about some idiot like that. Other people who aren't complete jackasses probably just don't know about player matches. So you can send them a message if they're antiboosting that there isn't boosting in player matches.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #25
smellypotatoes

T0M DAH BOMB's Gamercard
join up with a bunch of friends and own da boosters

best sniper in all of bad company :P
Gol quickscope, sv98 everything else

reset 6th prestige black ops. GF treyarch!

http://g.bfbcs.com/20894/360_T0M%20DAH%20BOMB.png

Old 04-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #26
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Ooh. Better yet, I found a moron playing called BoosterKiller. :P Then some other letters and numbers. That is sad.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #27
SilverSluggerMZ

SilverSluggerMZ's Gamercard
Couple Anti-Boosters for CoD3..:

These guys are notorious under Capture the Flag for Anti-Boosting, especially FRONTLINE. This douche-bag literally will sit in the CTF lobby for HOURS just waiting to piss off boosters. I mean, he literally has no life.

Beward of those guys.

100% All Call of Duties.

Completed Retail: 36
Completed Arcade: 7

Last edited by Shinobi273; 04-23-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #28
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSluggerMZ View Post

These guys are notorious under Capture the Flag for Anti-Boosting, especially FRONTLINE. This douche-bag literally will sit in the CTF lobby for HOURS just waiting to piss off boosters. I mean, he literally has no life.

Beward of those guys.
Had to deal with frontline last night. SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS. Boosting is one thing and you have to have quite a bit of time. But Anti-boosting? Some other idiots that are no help are like CaII of Duty 3 and xXHadesXx or whatever he is. People with the general achievement are all the sudden "anti-boosters."

Old 04-23-2010, 03:01 AM   #29
The Rech

The Rech's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSluggerMZ View Post

Beward of those guys.
Haha, hey Slugger. Yeah, I remember that Frontline guy. He finds joy in trolling, what can you do? Lol. Well, actually, you can troll back with some co-operation among team mates. You just need two people: one on his team, and one on the other team. The other player has to kill him, while his "team mate" revives him over and over, thereby not allowing him to move. Do that a couple times, and he should get the picture.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #30
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rech View Post
Haha, hey Slugger. Yeah, I remember that Frontline guy. He finds joy in trolling, what can you do? Lol. Well, actually, you can troll back with some co-operation among team mates. You just need two people: one on his team, and one on the other team. The other player has to kill him, while his "team mate" revives him over and over, thereby not allowing him to move. Do that a couple times, and he should get the picture.
But that's usually want Anti-boosters want. They just can't seem to figure out it's a slower form of boosting and you can still get 250 points a match.
Closed Thread