Save Files & Hero Imports

Buddha DS9

seems like my friends and i are having trouble taking hero's into online rooms. are we just stuck with the multi-player save file we were all using, or can we still work on our own hero's and then take 'em online like last time. four of us are confused as hell, so any help would be great!

:Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

We've been discussing this same topic in the Xbox Live forums and basically only the host will be able to keep progress towards leveling heroes and picking up collectibles except in certain instances. I'm enjoying the single player but the co-op is ruined for me....

Here's the reply from the devs that was posted in the Live forums....

Assuming I host…

1. What things would carry over to the single player game ie collectibles, stats on your characters, boosts, etc?

2. What things would carry over for the other players?

1 - Host keeps everything; it’s basically the same as saving a single-player game for them.

2 - In some cases the Player will get a ‘full’ savegame, in other cases the savegame will be for collectibles only (like boosts). The second option happens if you’re at a different point in the story than the host, like if I’m jumping in for your Legendary game on the last level and before I was on casual. We opted for a system like this so that you’d always get SOMETHING when you played with your friends, even if it wasn’t full progression.

We've been discussing this same topic in the Xbox Live forums and basically only the host will be able to keep progress towards leveling heroes and picking up collectibles except in certain instances. I'm enjoying the single player but the co-op is ruined for me....

Here's the reply from the devs that was posted in the Live forums....

Assuming I host…

1. What things would carry over to the single player game ie collectibles, stats on your characters, boosts, etc?

2. What things would carry over for the other players?

1 - Host keeps everything; it’s basically the same as saving a single-player game for them.

2 - In some cases the Player will get a ‘full’ savegame, in other cases the savegame will be for collectibles only (like boosts). The second option happens if you’re at a different point in the story than the host, like if I’m jumping in for your Legendary game on the last level and before I was on casual. We opted for a system like this so that you’d always get SOMETHING when you played with your friends, even if it wasn’t full progression.

We just got this problem today about the collectibles only thing. Before that update today. I was able to keep everything I did online. I never host my friend does. I kept EXP and pips. I also kept same character levels and everything as if it was a singleplayer game. After the update when I join his room it says. Collectibles only on the left. I was pissed, because I had to replay to levels in order to get a co op achievement. All other achievements were unlocking fine before the update.

Hope this is fixable.

So the only way you get to keep character progression is if you and your friends are all at the exact same point in the story, and you all have the same characters unlocked AND they are all at the exact same level? Thats what it sounds like.

What they could have done is.... You use Hosts characters at thier level. Any exp you gain while playing with your friends transfers to your characters at whatever level they are when you play by yourself, this way, you can play with your friends and not waste your time...

Being able to save a friends leveled characters seemed cheap in the first one, but in this one, you get nothing but collectibles by playing with a friend unless you start from the beginning. That seems like a ripoff to me. Easily fixed with a new game+ system and shared exp to my game while playing someones host.

I dunno if that made sense to anyone, but ah well.