PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #61
Draelith

After some more playing last night I still haven't got this one... after watching all those videos I thought yea, this will be fine... *sigh*

I did however find out that the only way to get bats to fire 3 batarangs that knock people over is to be in a combo. If you fire one off the bat (no pun intended) it only fires 1 and doesn't knock the person over.

With that in mind I'm going to go back tonight and try some more...
Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #62
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
It took me a long time to do, but eventually I was able to first complete it, then complete it with medals

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #63
Draelith

Yea, I finally beat it now. Ended up with 36000 which was enough for me to be happy. I've now only got rumble in the jungle extreme and then i have my 1000

But that one is looking equally as challenging.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #64
JThorn420

JThorn420's Gamercard
Finally got this after using the explosion gel method. Final Score 30280, just barely got it with back to back ground pounds in the last few seconds. Thanks to everyone for the tips.
JThorn420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #65
ak404

Mandarin Haggis's Gamercard
Finally got it with pure luck: after a substandard first and second round, I made ~20,000 in the third. Despite my reservations, I decided to finish the final round, if only for practice.

I don't even know what happened next: one second I was starting the round, the next I was wiping drool off my chin as I earned the last two achievements in the game. As a friend who was watching said, "That last round was almost perfect."
Old 10-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #66
The Irish Godfather

Send a message via AIM to The Irish Godfather

vG GodFather's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Everytime I play this challenge I get to the 4th part of it and I run out of time. This suxs

Retail 100% = 6
Arcade 100% = 0
Currently Playing
Call of Duty: MW3
Fallout: New Vegas
MLB 2K12
The Irish Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #67
tekkamaki

tekkamakizushi's Gamercard
on 3rd try I scored 36k+, but now I'm stuck on the last batmedal on RiTJe... only got 46k+ so far... how sad.. I was convinced that S&A would have been far more difficult...
Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #68
ak404

Mandarin Haggis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkamaki View Post
on 3rd try I scored 36k+, but now I'm stuck on the last batmedal on RiTJe... only got 46k+ so far... how sad.. I was convinced that S&A would have been far more difficult...
Yeah, RitJe was a pain, but I found a key to the challenge is abusing the titans for the Rodeo Ride multiplier: the multiplier for hitting a target with a titan is 25, which is pretty high if you can slip onto a titan when you've got even a decent 10-hit combo going. Just make sure you're not targeting the other titan to maximize your points, and you should be okay.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #69
Dunbine

Aura Battler's Gamercard
I finished it but found that challenge is hard for me because of the timer...for other combat challenges, I can finished them for a few tries. However for this one, I always ran out of time at 4th stage...

As someone mentioned at above, I went to other platform and used explosion gel method. It really worked and sometimes knocked out some henchmans out of the ring. After the explosion, when they are being incapacitated, try to RT+Y ground takedown some of them. When it only have last 3 henchmans, use the Batclaw to knock them down for a quick ground takedown.

For a good score enough for 3 medals, try to do Freeflow Perfection + 1 chain combo to kill them all at stage 1, then you don't need to worry about the score after that. If fails, try again. For other stages, try to throw them out of the ring. At stage 4, do it very careful because it comes with many 'shocky' henchmans. Kill them first if you have B+Y Takedown.

For RiTJ(e), same again, do Freeflow Perfection + 1 chain combo to kill them all at stage 1. I think if you can do, you should able to score over 20,000 score at stage 1.

Good luck all!

Last edited by Dunbine; 10-12-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Dunbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #70
Flameswordsman

Fusion x086's Gamercard
I starngely didn't find this one that hard, and somehow did it 1st time of asking [i'm a a$$hole, I know]

Like with all the other challenges, its all about racking up a beauty of a score in the 1st round. Get 15k with a 1-combo, max variation bonus and a couple of ground-takedowns.
The next 3 rounds should then only be a matter of dashing from guy-to-guy taking them out, chucking in the odd variation, and doing instant take-downs all the time, especially on knife/taser guys.
Once your combo for doing that hits 10-20, seperate one guy from the pack by kicking him into a corner [spin n chuck a batarang in-case others are close to you] and get the ground-takedown for the x100 multiplier.

I did it with 5 seconds to spare. [and I did get hit/have my combo broken quite a few times]

Flameswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #71
Jpratt

iEMPdHeaven's Gamercard
finally beat it just liek 10 minutes ago look for the thread about the explosive gel it works very well helped me beat it finally

Working On:
MLB 2K10(700/1000)
Halo: Reach(925/1000)
Tiger Woods PGA 10(830/1000)
Saw (610/1000)
If you want to boost anything send me a message

GT: iEMPdHeaven

Jpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #72
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
At last!!!

I've been stuck in Shock and Awe Extreme for ages but I finally got it with a little over 30000 points and when the floor was lighting up. Some might say I was lucky, maybe, but a player who practices a lot and get better makes his own chance after all.
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:40 AM   #73
X JOHNSON 4

x johnson 4's Gamercard
Just practice when i first started the combat challanges it took me like a whole day just to beat sewer bat normal, so i just kept practicing and i just beat shock and awe extreme and rumble in the jungle extreme in less then an hour.

X JOHNSON 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #74
Tained sainity

ShadowEpyon10's Gamercard
I had an attempt at it earlier as I didn't have any medals for it and got all 3 but then ran out of time and then tried again got all 3 again and with 8 seconds left beat the last guy, just have to get improved score on sewer bat extreme and rumble in the jungle extreme to get three medals need like 5000 points on each
Tained sainity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #75
dbwatkins

DrivingBj's Gamercard
I finished it after a couple tries, but it took forever to get the right score.
dbwatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #76
Amazing69

Funny for me I did it on the first try but normal Shock and Awe I had to do many times even so I left it for last.
Amazing69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #77
*THE_VOID*

RH1981's Gamercard
For me this was by far the hardest combat challenge to complete and like many others I was either finishing all four rounds with sub 30K or racking up +30K only to fail finishing within the time on round 4.

Was chuffed when I finally did it with a score just over 30K. Will I play it again to improve my score?............not a f**king chance!!!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #78
Warizz360

Warizz360's Gamercard
YEAAAAAAH!!!! Finally done!!! I tried on this challenge more than 30 times. My trick is just don't care about the guy that go get the gun.

XD
Warizz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #79
deathreaper99

Location: A place were less than 500 people live and located far away from shitty society

deathman99's Gamercard
barely got 30000 in shock and awe there was always an asshole who would go up and get the gun and if i knocked him out another guy would go to the OTHER SIDE and open that one up and get the gun
Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #80
ejbadger

CyanFlavoredGum's Gamercard
I finished it, but only got two out of three medals.

Retail: Halo 3(1575), Lego Star Wars: TCS, Bully: SE, CSI: HE, Lego: Indiana Jones, The Simpsons Game, Oblivion (1250), Lego Batman, Fable II (1100), Mirrors Edge(1010), WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, Fallout 3 (1290)

Arcade: Buku Sudoku, Cloning Clyde, Word Puzzle, Dash of Destruction, Feeding Frenzy 2
ejbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #81
oRedBull

TBS Nuka Cola's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I rented for a week (from release date) granted it was hard, but it's not as hard as people make out, I was able to do it.

Thanks to Nozza x360a
oRedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #82
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
I have finished the level a couple times, but keep falling short of the 30k. It's kind of my fault, for not being overly consistent. I have trouble with the last stage, just killing everyone quickly enough. Too many stun batons even with takedowns and not enough critical strikes. I'll keep practicing, because there is notable improvement, but I've been plugging away for nearly a week now... Yikes.

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #83
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This is the only one that gave me a challenge and like everyone else, it wasn't a matter of score, it's killing all the dudes on round 4 before time is up. I finally did it on my 5th try though and ended with a score of ~48,000.

What I finally did was ignore score entirely on the 4th round and just focused on eliminating them as quickly as possible, so in reality I only used the first 3 levels to gain the necessary score to complete the challenge.

My advice is to always to let the first level be your cushion level, there aren't many enemies and it's a good opportunity to use at least 6-7 of his moves for variation and to keep your combo going before you start using the "ground pound" for the big points. My best on the first round is 18,000, however on my 5th try I only had ~15,500. That's a great cushion for 1 round and you should be able to get another 10,000 to 15,000 before round 4. Round 4 will just put you over the top. Hope that helps anyone.

Cheers
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #84
VampireOnline

I just did it and 100% the game!
VampireOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #85
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
I fucking knew if I posted here about how gimped I was at this level, I'd turn around and whip the silly shit out of it. The trick for me was on the 4th Stage to pick out the weaker guys and start building a combo off them. Once you have a combo going, then you can start taking down the tougher guys. Ignore the stun baton guys, as they can go down during your liberal use of the batarang.

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #86
Magico

Well after alot of tries, frustrations and patience I finally beat this challenge with the 3 medals, I had almost the same problems that everybody here had, I had 30+ points and I ended up losing to the timer in the last round.

It feels good to finally beat this challenge, now I am only missing Ritje so get my 1000/1000.
Magico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #87
SiR x VeiRoN x

VeiRoN v2's Gamercard
Just did it an hour ago,the problem was only passing the 4th round as i always had 30k at the 3rd round,i made it after an hour of trying and got my 1000 too.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:31 AM   #88
Teal

Chris Teal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've done this awhile ago, I found S&A EX. easier then Sewer Bat EX. to be honest but that's just my two cents.
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #89
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I saved this challenge for last and right now I'm starting to wonder why I did that. It was easier than Sewer Rats (Extreme). A lot easier. I screwed up the 1st/2nd round on my 1st/2nd try. On my 3rd try I ran out of time and on my 4th try I JUST killed the last guy as the electricity was going to come on. It wasn't hard or frustrating at all. Now sewer rats was a pain in the ass. It took me about half an hour of trying before I finally got it. I think I hit 50k twice while going for sewer rats, but I ended up dying by a gun because there was simply too many people on screen.

I'm happy to say I now have a full 1000 in this game. It was probably the most fun 1000 on my list so far.
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #90
Kebabsaurus Rex

Kebabsaurus Rex's Gamercard
took me a while but got it.

After practice I only had difficulty with round 4.

Round 1 is easy to get a freeflow, 20+ combo with ground pounds at the end to get you well over 15k in the first round.

Round 2 I batclaw, evade batclaw again to get all the guys down before working my combo.

Round 3 a bit harder but not too bad

Round 4 - hard due to the volume of people. just kept working a combo them throwing people over the side and repeat that
Kebabsaurus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote