PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Darkest of Days
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #1
DivinityCycle

Send a message via AIM to DivinityCycle Send a message via MSN to DivinityCycle Send a message via Yahoo to DivinityCycle

DivinityCycle's Gamercard
Destructoid.com Says "Worst FPS of This Generation"

http://www.destructoid.com/review-da...7921.phtml#ext
LOL

I tend to agree with him. Even though many of the achievements for this game are relatively easy, this game somehow is more annoying than Hanna Montana. Yes. I went there!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
alphakira

AlphakirA's Gamercard
It's Destructoid s I don't take it too serious, but worst FPS of the year? Nah. Bad game? Of course, but this guy has clearly not played much his year.
alphakira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
velho lobodomar

velho lobodomar's Gamercard
i agree, it is the worst fps i have ever played.
i am grateful i didnt get to unlock any achievements. i donīt know if i could bear 8 hours in this game to get 1000g.
unfortunately the rental money will never comeback
last retail: Gears of War

xbla + dlc: 3
xbla: 52
last arcade: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
velho lobodomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
swaveman

Swaveman's Gamercard
That review was harsh. The game wasn't awesome, but to say it's the worse of this generation is just ridiculous. I thought it was entertaining and had a good idea. A lot of his arguments obviously made sense, but I still think it was a little harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamelessSoul View Post
So you made a thread to complain about the threads that people make and complain about stuff? Hrrrrmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
you make a game about the civil war and you spell Lincoln's name wrong?
swaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Come on people. Stop and think. This game was developed by a really low budget company that only has experience from one other project (which was on the i-phone). Plus, they developed a brand new engine just for this game (which is probably where all the money went). You have to hand it them. For being a new, unknown company that created their own engine for their very own game on their first effort for consoles is pretty remarkable. Regardless of the game's problems, they still made quite an effort and produced something at least playable.

Last edited by isw42; 10-29-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
swaveman

Swaveman's Gamercard
I agree. Plus, a related article on that page was talking about how the author thought Bayonetta is hotter than your girlfriend which he then goes on to defend in a very long review. So I wouldn't really take these guys opinion as being that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamelessSoul View Post
So you made a thread to complain about the threads that people make and complain about stuff? Hrrrrmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
you make a game about the civil war and you spell Lincoln's name wrong?
swaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
CHAINS4W

Send a message via AIM to CHAINS4W

CHAINS4W's Gamercard
It is a pretty terrible game, but im going to give it the benefit of the doubt......You have to at least respect the makers and development team for trying.....And if you think about the true intent of the story the game could have been wayyy better......although I think its all worth it when they hand you an assault rifle to just straight up plow through multiple lines of confederate soldiers in the civil war.....hahaha

CHAINS4W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The Demo severely hurt my life, and destructoids reviews are Crap though

Mostly because of Jim who is Biased, even if he says he isnt....and of course im going to bring up the 4.5 of Assassins creed II
KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #9
s3xyemo

Que Lo Que xD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
good idea bad follow threw
Old 02-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #10
perryboy26

strapxassassin1's Gamercard
Don't get me wrong, it's shit. But not the worst. I just got done playing History Channel: Civil War Secret Missions and it sucks even worse than this game.

Xbox live gamertag: Strapxassassin1
perryboy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
dorkzilla123

Send a message via AIM to dorkzilla123 Send a message via Yahoo to dorkzilla123

dorkzilla123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I'm beginning to think that review is right. This game has such a laundry list of bad things going on it's not even funny. I'm not going to list them but I cannot wait for this steaming turd to be finished.

Total Complete: 64 (44 retail, 16 arcade & 4 WP7)
dorkzilla123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #12
warhammer666
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard
worst FPS but easy achievements
warhammer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #13
BimmyandJimmy
Banned User

definetely not the worst fps. destructoid is full of idiots.
BimmyandJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
Its Fooga
Banned User

Fooga's Gamercard
Well to be honest, as mediocre as this game was, I liked the storyline. It has alot of potential if they can make a GOOD sequel, as unlikely as that is.
Its Fooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #15
irift3

irift3's Gamercard
I'll be honest, I don't listen to music when I play a game I never played before. I do this so I can listen to the story and other dialogue. When I played this game, I LITERALLY almost fell asleep at certain sections of the game.

I was dozing off and I had to put some music on or I would've fallen asleep. I can't think of any other game I ever played that almost put me to sleep.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #16
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Worst fps of this generation has to be Shellshocked Blood Trails. That game is horrible.

Haven't played Darkest of Days, but Horse Puncher achievement seems quite strange.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #17
Summoner10

Send a message via AIM to Summoner10

Summoner10's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by isw42 View Post
Come on people. Stop and think. This game was developed by a really low budget company that only has experience from one other project (which was on the i-phone). Plus, they developed a brand new engine just for this game (which is probably where all the money went). You have to hand it them. For being a new, unknown company that created their own engine for their very own game on their first effort for consoles is pretty remarkable. Regardless of the game's problems, they still made quite an effort and produced something at least playable.
WOW, you sound like you do PR for them.

The game is fucking garbage. Period. New company or not, brand new development teams don't push out garbage like this.

and for the people saying Destructoid is harsh, well, which FPS this generation was WORSE than this? hm?
Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Fight Night Round 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty: World at War, Modern Warfare 2, LEGO Indiana Jones, Wanted: Weapons of Fate, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout New Vegas, NCAA Football 13, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
100% Arcade:
Doom, Carcassonne, Arkadian Warriors, Duke Nukem 3D, Battlefield 1943, Toy Soldiers, Wolfenstein 3D, The Walking Dead

Summoner10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #18
Summoner10

Send a message via AIM to Summoner10

Summoner10's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryboy26 View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's shit. But not the worst. I just got done playing History Channel: Civil War Secret Missions and it sucks even worse than this game.
No, it isn't. Secret missions is a turd yes but atleast its alot better made turd than DoD.
Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Fight Night Round 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty: World at War, Modern Warfare 2, LEGO Indiana Jones, Wanted: Weapons of Fate, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout New Vegas, NCAA Football 13, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
100% Arcade:
Doom, Carcassonne, Arkadian Warriors, Duke Nukem 3D, Battlefield 1943, Toy Soldiers, Wolfenstein 3D, The Walking Dead

Summoner10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #19
thekid215

RedemptionIn509's Gamercard
This would be the worst game for the 360 ever created if it was not for Hour of Victory. That game literally almost made me give up achievements and video games all together. At least DoD does not have 50 'chevios attached to a crappy game and DoD does not have multi-player achievements attached to a game where NO ONE plays online and the online servers would never support a match. If you want an experience that will make you want to drill your eyes out, play Hour of Victory. THE WORST GAME EVER CREATED.
"Passion has little to do with euphoria and everything to do with patience. It is not about feeling good. It is about endurance. Like patience, passion comes from the same Latin root: pati. It does not mean to flow with exuberance. It means to suffer." ~Mark Danielewski

thekid215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #20
KSizzle

KSizzle BW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Bit of an older topic but I just received this game from GF. I am about 4 levels in and I must say that review is pretty accurate imo. This is probably one the worst 360 games I've ever played. It is right up there with Leisure Suit Larry, Bomberman and Jumper. The graphics and gameplay are just absolute shit! It is so damn glitchy and the flawed checkpoint system is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even know if I want to finish this piece of shit game.

Also, I laughed my ass off at one of those comments posted after that review.

There were a few people saying that at PAX they were promoting the shit out of this turd of a game (wearing old military uniforms and a cannon at their booth) and one guy said this:

"Saw this at Pax. It was funny because there was only one person at their booth playing it and that person was saying it was shit while he was playing it in front of one of the people who worked on it. I kind of felt sorry for the guy because he looked really depressed, like that was happening to him all day."

That is just embarrassing...
Old 04-24-2010, 03:48 AM   #21
Kyanite

Send a message via AIM to Kyanite Send a message via Yahoo to Kyanite

RCPD Zombie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner10 View Post
and for the people saying Destructoid is harsh, well, which FPS this generation was WORSE than this? hm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
Worst fps of this generation has to be Shellshocked Blood Trails. That game is horrible.
There's your answer. At least the bad guys in this game acted like they wanted to kill me, not to mention that this game has a plot.

100% Arcade Achievement Completion: 23
Kyanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #22
Jewls

JeWls012's Gamercard
I think the overall idea of the game was pretty decent. Who doesn't want to fight arrows with an M16? But they didn't have the funding to make the visuals on par with that idea.

360 Voice

Currently Boosting:
Call of Duty Black Ops (Zombie stuff)
Left 4 Dead (DLC)
Left 4 Dead 2
Resident Evil 5 (DLC)
Top Spin 3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Jewls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #23
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I have to agree. POS that is. I was going to name off some others that I have played and say this was better, but then I played it. Wow. Horrible crap. You can just run past people and get to the next checkpoint.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #24
Ellie10

The review is pretty adequate. This game is worse than Shellshock 2 and Civil War Secret Missions. Here's my additions to their complaints:
-Every level is a wide open area, with each goal being "run across the map to this spot". Of course, on the way there, you'll encounter enemies that you can just run past. The problem is, you cant usually run to the goal in a straight line, since there will be hills, rocks, water, and invisible barriers blocking your path. Sometimes, I had 2 goals on the map, but only 1 of them was the correct 1 (after several attempts at not reaching the correct 1). There were several instances where I couldn't figure out how to reach the goal spots, like the 3rd generator in the arena on the last level. Too many invisible barriers.
-Framerate is shit. And since your just running through, avoiding enemies, sometimes when you reach your destination, you then have to kill all enemies. With shitloads of enemies on screen at once, the framerate will drop to about 3 frames/second. You wont be able to shoot straight. Also, if you get FPS motion sickness, avoid this game at all costs. My b/f was puking his guts out after 5 mins, but he can play CoD, Halo, BC, L4D, and Metroid Prime just fine.
-Shooting is crap. You can shoot someone, and it often wont register. You can unload a shotgun on a person point-blank, and it will do nothing sometimes. This is worse when the framerate is worse. Sometimes, I'd pull the trigger and the guns wouldn't even fire.
-Chasers don't always work. Several times on every level, I'd deploy those chaser thingys. After the blue target dudes were distracted by it, I'd push LT and nothing would happen.
-Controls are shit. It feels like your always on ice. It takes about 2 seconds just to make a 180 degree turn.
-Uneven deaths. Sometimes I'd take 30 bullets to die. Other times I'd have full health, no red on screen, and drop dead in 1 shot from a regular enemy.
-Invisible enemies. Sometimes I'd die from enemies not within my line of sight. I have no idea how they were killing me. They'd be completely obstructed from my view, and still kill me.
-Voice acting. Not only does it suck, but the volume leveling is awful. I could hear the main dude clearly, but pretty much anyone else was too quiet. Its a good thing I didn't give a shit what they were saying anyway.
Now, the good things:
+The last few levels are descent. The sniper level was pretty cool. The last level would have been good, but it just went on way too long.
+Easy achievements. Let's face it, its the only reason we're playing this horrible excuse for a game.
+The secret mission at the end of the game has you protecting the game developers. Its ironic, because after playing through this game, you'll want to kill the game developers. Hopefully, during 1 of the waves, some will be killed by the enemies. Sometimes its the little things that can make a game better.

Also, I'd change the difficulty here to 3/10. It'd be 2/10 if this game actually worked. 1/10 is pushing it. That's for games like Avatar, Cloudy w/ Meatballs, Up, etc. You'll actually die in this game quite a bit, and get lost a lot too.
I'm probably forgetting some negative aspects, but if I've already forgotten it, then great. The less I remember about this game, the better.

Last edited by Ellie10; 06-18-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Ellie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #25
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSizzle420 View Post
Bit of an older topic but I just received this game from GF. I am about 4 levels in and I must say that review is pretty accurate imo. This is probably one the worst 360 games I've ever played. It is right up there with Leisure Suit Larry, Bomberman and Jumper. The graphics and gameplay are just absolute shit! It is so damn glitchy and the flawed checkpoint system is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even know if I want to finish this piece of shit game.

Also, I laughed my ass off at one of those comments posted after that review.

There were a few people saying that at PAX they were promoting the shit out of this turd of a game (wearing old military uniforms and a cannon at their booth) and one guy said this:

"Saw this at Pax. It was funny because there was only one person at their booth playing it and that person was saying it was shit while he was playing it in front of one of the people who worked on it. I kind of felt sorry for the guy because he looked really depressed, like that was happening to him all day."

That is just embarrassing...
Thank you very fkn much for making me spit out my frosted flakes while reading this comment. Holy shit, i literally can not stop laughing at this. Developers wearing military uniforms and a cannon?! WTF? ROTFLMMFAO HAHAHAHA
Old 07-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
Streetrunner77

Streetrunner77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhammer666 View Post
worst FPS but easy achievements
THAT is entirely your opinion - i kept getting my ass handed to me on easy - played for maybe 5 hours - no cheevies - it was like playing veteran on CoD

Just because one person thinks it's easy - doesn't make it easy on others - i no longer try to get 1K on games anymore - i play strictly for fun now
Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 AM   #27
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
The game is based on an interesting concept and theory, which I think is cool.. but the gameplay, graphics and everything else is pretty much shit.
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #28
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
I wouldn't say it's the worst FPS, but it's not very good alright. I just beat it, the last few levels are where the games starts to get good, but then it just ends.

I'd give it around a 5 out of 10, I had fun with some parts.

Feels average to me, maybe a little under.

I have played worse games.

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #29
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Weird, I just got a message from, iiDaRReN316x, he said he'd give me 3000 MSP if I got him the achievements in Darkest of Days. Guess he sent out random messages, trying to find a Gamerscore hacker.

Which is super funny, since his forum sig says that only hard achievements count, and there he is, trying to cheat his GS.

And from looking at his game list, looks like he has before.

F'ing hypocrite.

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #30
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Worse game I have played yet. I only have 30ish games played so that's not saying much but still this game just really sucks for me.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote