PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Darkest of Days
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #31
drkltus2

WHERES BILDO's Gamercard
i would have to agree but real easy 1000
drkltus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #32
ViolatorX

Legendkilla X's Gamercard
Parts of it can be quite fun, reminds me of something i played on the pc about 10 years ago though.

Definately isnt the worst fps ive ever played, has some good ideas but the execution is poor in some aspects.

Graphics are very avarage though some of the scale battles are impressive

Worst thing I would say is the ai which is terrible esp in the civil war missions where the opposeing sides seem to shoot eachother from about 6 foot most of the time

Overall I have enjoyed this game considering it cost be about $9 to import to the uk never was going to be goty, but isnt as shit as people are saying Id rather play this 10 times than have to replay jumper again lol
ViolatorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #33
Wolverine674

Wolverine674's Gamercard
I don't know if I'd call it the worst FPS, but it certainly wasn't very good. While I give respect to the developers for trying to create their own engine for this game, I think their time and money could have been better used by using an established engine and developing the gameplay. For a team whose previous game experience was on the iPhone, creating an engine was a poor idea.

There were some good parts, but the annoying sections were far too many, such as:
Why couldn't I have had a simple compass indicating the next waypoint? I was told at one point to head west...ok, so while I was getting shot at, I had to pull up the map see which way I was pointing and then try to turn just right to head west.

I had to manually turn off my 360 8 times during the last level because either the sound dropped completely and it would freeze during reloads or I would die and it would freeze while loading the checkpoint.

During the prison camp section, I lost track of how many people I saw walk right through another person, as if there was no collision detection for the AI. I was actually killed by an enemy who was in a tree...not in the branches, he was in the trunk. I shot and melee'd him...nothing.

And a really annoying part: Single. Shot. Musket.
Wolverine674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #34
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isw42 View Post
Come on people. Stop and think. This game was developed by a really low budget company that only has experience from one other project (which was on the i-phone). Plus, they developed a brand new engine just for this game (which is probably where all the money went). You have to hand it them. For being a new, unknown company that created their own engine for their very own game on their first effort for consoles is pretty remarkable. Regardless of the game's problems, they still made quite an effort and produced something at least playable.
No you are wrong. This game is god awful. The absolute worst game I have played. So many bugs and glitches that I have had to restart saves countless times. I can't wait to finish my 1000 so I can take a piss on this game.