PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Bubble Bobble Neo
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
xBSDx Assassin

xBSDx Assassin's Gamercard
Not Worth It...

in my opinion the playstation one version is better than neo because this one you have unlimited trys and theyve made it way to fast paced and you cant turn and shoot without moving!!! i mean you used to be able to turn without moving... anyway its a good idea to put in another 100 lvls but...well you had rainbow islands and rainbow islands enhanced on the ps1 version so in my opinion not worth buying...whats your opinion?
xBSDx Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #2
ExRev

ExRev's Gamercard
The only thing that was ticking me off so far was my friend bought it this morning. I was over at his place this afternoon and we played. He got a few achievements, but as player two, when I met the goal for several achievements? Nothing.
ExRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think the game is all kinds of awesome. Of course, i always have loved the game. I'm not sure why exactly, but i do.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I haven't spent too long with it yet, but so far I only have a few concerns. The speed of movement seems a bit too fast, and the sprites seem bigger than they used to be, which isn't a good thing. Oh, and why did they have to update the classic music?

Other than that, looks good. But Bubble Bobble is such a finely tuned game that even the smallest of changes can unbalance it, as Taito have proved time and again when trying to make new versions of it. The original arcade version is still the best, with either the C64 or the Master System versions being the best conversions. Although the version on Taito Legends on the original Xbox was arcade perfect.

Still, really enjoyed my time on it last night, although I am rusty. I used to be able to get to level 60 on a single life, but not any more. Can't wait for some more time with it.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
RenRenRen

The Great Chai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExRev View Post
He got a few achievements, but as player two, when I met the goal for several achievements? Nothing.
It seems for some reason only the person who launches the game gets any achievements, or collection progress. They're also the only person who has control of the pause menu, regardless of who paused.

While other versions are much closer to the original, it is certainly easier than trying to setup my Spectrum or Saturn to play a quick game.

Last edited by RenRenRen; 09-17-2009 at 09:46 AM.
RenRenRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
MC Kazoo

MC Kazoo's Gamercard
This was one of the first games I ever got to play. The NES version. So as compared to that, it feels ok. It does seem a little faster but that does not bug me. Good stuff, and for sure, to a fan of the series, a must have.

I do have one gripe though......

NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER?! WTF?!

Looking for Otaku friends on XBL!
-_-R.I.P. mygamercard.net 2005-2011-_-

3DS FC: 0130-1836-9252
MC Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
xBSDx Assassin

xBSDx Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
I haven't spent too long with it yet, but so far I only have a few concerns. The speed of movement seems a bit too fast, and the sprites seem bigger than they used to be, which isn't a good thing. Oh, and why did they have to update the classic music?

Other than that, looks good. But Bubble Bobble is such a finely tuned game that even the smallest of changes can unbalance it, as Taito have proved time and again when trying to make new versions of it. The original arcade version is still the best, with either the C64 or the Master System versions being the best conversions. Although the version on Taito Legends on the original Xbox was arcade perfect.

Still, really enjoyed my time on it last night, although I am rusty. I used to be able to get to level 60 on a single life, but not any more. Can't wait for some more time with it.

LOL i could get to around lvl 60 to!
xBSDx Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
SuperWoody64

SuperWoody64's Gamercard
No online MP is a killer. Probably this game's death knell for me.
Let's protest for a free add-on or a cut in price. Fancy graphicsa that break a game do not a bigger price warrant, look at turtles in time.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #9
NeoCypherPunk

[QUOTE=Ooyah;2353375]I haven't spent too long with it yet, but so far I only have a few concerns. The speed of movement seems a bit too fast, and the sprites seem bigger than they used to be, [QUOTE]

Yes, this is seriously messed up level 72 seemed a bit harder to do the bubble jump then normal. I dunno maybe I am rusty but a simple jump turn would do it, now you have to make sure you tap the stick/pad ever so slightly to do it.
NeoCypherPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #10
ErinEsurance

The Machine BoP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCypherPunk
Yes, this is seriously messed up level 72 seemed a bit harder to do the bubble jump then normal. I dunno maybe I am rusty but a simple jump turn would do it, now you have to make sure you tap the stick/pad ever so slightly to do it.
That is the fault of the 360's terrible dpad (analog doesn't work for precision in this game imo), not the game. I tried 72 for 30 mins on my 360 controller and couldn't get it to work. Used my arcade stick and got it to work after like 2 tries.

Last edited by ErinEsurance; 09-18-2009 at 06:41 AM.
ErinEsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 AM   #11
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinEsurance View Post
That is the fault of the 360's terrible dpad (analog doesn't work for precision in this game imo), not the game. I tried 72 for 30 mins on my 360 controller and couldn't get it to work. Used my arcade stick and got it to work after like 2 tries.
Its rather easy with the analog. Just hug the wall and jump and tap to the right or left, then you can shoot bubbles. Usually get it on the first try.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
Rintendo64

glad to know that i'm not the only person having trouble with lvl 72
Rintendo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
HGONZ

HGonz's Gamercard
Sounds like a fun game, gotta download it soon. Not looking forward to level 72 now though.