PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Bubble Bobble Neo
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
kookyscientist

kookyscientist's Gamercard
Concerning those items...

a lot of questions are coming up. Very complicated for me. You may post your item-related questions here.

In order to get the big orange/red jewel (the only one I'm missing) for example you have to get 3 purple lanterns. For a purple lantern to show up it says you have to get 2 umbrellas. In order to get umbrellas you have to pop many bubbles at once very often (I always do it with the last remaining ememy since everything pops then). However, I did 2 umbrellas within the first 10 Levels and in the following 20 no lantern showed up yet. I played classic mode btw. How can I get it?

Some general questions pop up as well:

1) Are requirements (e.g. getting 3 purple lanterns) additive over games? I don't think so because I got lots of umbrellas over my games and not those lanterns for example.

2) Does the "flow" stop with saving (are the lanterns I already got still counting)?

3) When playing multiplayer, can player 2 take an item and it counts for player 1 too?

4) If I picked up an item and quit/save is it saved?

Special question:

The 777-item what is it - is it in the 777th level you play? Aaaand if you miss it, do you have to play another 777? I misses a fork today - hope it's not the 777.

Should be enough for now ;-)

Last edited by kookyscientist; 09-18-2009 at 12:38 PM.
kookyscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
RenRenRen

The Great Chai's Gamercard
The stats carry over games, and continue if you quit/save.

Pretty sure anything picked up counts towards 1P, but I can't be certain on that one.

777 is the crayon, which gives you a potion on the next 3 levels. If you fail to pick it up, then yes, you will need to do another 777 stages to try and get it

It's the item left of the skull in this pic

RenRenRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Levex817

Levex817's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The counters in the game can be very frustrating I can tell you that. Im pretty sure that even though you've collected those 2 umbrellas within the first 10 levels your counter was probably ahead of 2 total umbrellas, maybe those were your 3rd an 4th, or 4th and 5th umbrellas? I don't know for sure. But you have to be very careful with which items comes up with which requirements and make sure you get them when they do, so if you were past the 2 umbrella requirement for the purple lantern then you have to look out for either the fork, which requires 4 umbrellas to pop up, or the octopus, which requires 6 umbrellas to pop up. Once either of hose items appear your counter would then be reset to zero, wether you obtain them or not Im pretty sure.
Levex817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Fuck my life. I like bubble bobble, so its not a huge deal, but i was all happy to play for score, when i realized its easy to abuse the score by saving and exiting after a death. So, now its a bit of a grind. I think i picked up the crayon last night and then played another level (trying to get a potion) and left. That sucks. I also hope that the pink bid diamond is not glitched. I have the pink chest and picked up the pink diamond 5 times - nothing.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
kookyscientist

@ Todaysforgotten: at least you can't save after 90. In order to beat it in single player you have to have some skills. I wanted to be Nr. 1 in single player classic but I made a terrible mistake: I beat it in 2-player mode and got 4.6. To be Nr. 1 in single I need about 3.7. BUT since the leaderboard makes no difference between single and 2-player (although you can see the players) even if I would get it it WON't count because my 2-player score is better and there is only one entry per tag. And you dont get the 1 M Bonus in single player so you are always 1 or even more Million ahead with 2 players. They should have made it different. And they should not have done the save feature - at least not the infinite life glitch. It doesn't play like in the arcade anyway. Controls are not smootie.

@ RenRenRen and Levex817: what do you guys think about the following option to get the orange/red diamond)?

Start new game, get 2 umbrellas (you get it within the first 2 levels), die in the level where you get the lantern, end game do this 2 more times. Then you should get it in Level 1 of the 4th game and there you won't miss it and if you do you deserve it. You have to be sure that the counter is on zero on the beginning of course, that's a little tricky.

Last edited by kookyscientist; 09-18-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
Todaysforgotten

Indeed, that does suck. I agree and I agree. I can relate. I was playing in arrange mode (super) and i had finally lost all my lives around 80. Had i just abused continue there i would have had almost 5.8m, good for second at the time. They should have done a few things differently. I really hate the save feature. Everytime you start a game, the save is gone. Don't like that, at all.

Interesting on the lanterns. Never thought of it like that. Works?

This game is quirky. I am currently messing around. I'm on level 30 and died a couple of times. The secret room doors appeared on 30, but not on level 20. Interesting. Haven't continued yet.

Last edited by Todaysforgotten; 09-18-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Todaysforgotten

Does anyone know if falling through an open space only means the bottom of a level or does it now mean any ledge that has an opening? Getting the green potion to appear is so frustrating. I fall through a level 22 times (or 23 whatever it is) and then the next level its a red or purple potion. I had it appear on arrange mode, but of course i died trying to frantically get to it.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Levex817

Levex817's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todaysforgotten View Post
Does anyone know if falling through an open space only means the bottom of a level or does it now mean any ledge that has an opening? Getting the green potion to appear is so frustrating. I fall through a level 22 times (or 23 whatever it is) and then the next level its a red or purple potion. I had it appear on arrange mode, but of course i died trying to frantically get to it.
Lol, I spent about 2 days trying to get the green potion to show up for me in arranged mode for my last item on the food list, must have seen the purple and yellow about 20 times each before finally getting the green to pop up. I know that if you fall through an opening on the bottom of the screen that takes you to the top then that counts. The only other time it may count is if your at the top of the screen jumping on bubbles that takes you up the bottom, if that makes any sense to you? You just have to remember that if you see the purple potion instead then grab it anyways, and you will know you counter has been reset to 0, then make sure you keep careful track of your counters from there on, and gl. Like I've said before it's frustrating.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Todaysforgotten

Ahh, yes! someone who feels my pain. Yup, i figured jumping on bubbles causing your guy to "turtle-head" would count. Back to the drawing board.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
kookyscientist

Pain - that's what I felt doing the research about those lanterns too. As a matter of fact it still hurts. But I have figured it all out:

1) You can save, continue, restart, game over, the counter still goes on - you can not make any mistakes here.

2) You can NOT reset the umbrella-counter by taking the fork (after 4 umbrellas) or the octopus(after 6 umbrellas). AND you can not reset it with taking it not. It will count from 1 to 6 anyway. That is a scientific fact now. So in order to get 3 purple lanterns you have to get 14 umbrellas. The counter is 0 after you took the octo or at least it appeared. Level 12 is the best option to kill those water bubbles (more than 15 - maybe only the green ones count). Quit and start over and in most cases the umbrella will appear as first item in level 1. After traveling with the counter-2-umbrella in the next level the lantern will appear if not it will in the next. After the 3rd purple lantern the red chest appears. Go and get it - if you miss it fly another 14 ;-). You may save your state before the last umbrella on a memory card.

Does not sound good with the green potion. I just checked and I'm very glad that I already have it - I am only missing the yellow one - the one you saw so often Levex ;-)

The food-items are my last ach. I have a couple of questions but I will post it in the food-item-thread...

Last edited by kookyscientist; 09-19-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
Levex817

Levex817's Gamercard

Just remember Kookyscientist that each potion must be found two times for the full food items list, once in classic mode and once in arranged mode

But at least it seems as if you have a good idea as to how the counters are working, which is more than half the battle.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
Todaysforgotten

Nice work Kooky. I was wondering myself why after collecting 2 umbrella's (just need one more lantern) the lantern wasn't appearing. I am not looking forward to the crowns. I have blazed through levels within 2 or 3 seconds only to be greeted by the blue crown...

finally got a gold crown. Did that by jumping up on the first level of classic and picking them off as they fall. Now to figure out the last one. Perhaps, arrange?

Last edited by Todaysforgotten; 09-18-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
Levex817

Levex817's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todaysforgotten View Post
Nice work Kooky. I was wondering myself why after collecting 2 umbrella's (just need one more lantern) the lantern wasn't appearing. I am not looking forward to the crowns. I have blazed through levels within 2 or 3 seconds only to be greeted by the blue crown...

finally got a gold crown. Did that by jumping up on the first level of classic and picking them off as they fall. Now to figure out the last one. Perhaps, arrange?
I've had one person tell me they got it by themself (with 2nd controller just sitting there) but I have serious doubts. The way I did it was I got my wife to play with me on level 48 of classic mode, also I made sure that both Bub and Bob had at least one of the candies that make the bubbles either shoot faster or longer, or both.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #14
Todaysforgotten

hmm. I will try by myself...as i don't have anyone who is competent enough. I thought if i could get candies that would help. Wish you could carry over candies.

It's official. I am extremely pissed. I just missed the red chest. I should have just started over so id get it on 1...typical of my playing.

To make it worse, as i was in the air it vanished upon dying once.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #15
kookyscientist

Oh no. You poor thing. Memcard would have saved you. I'm glad I had the idea with the memcard - it was naked fear that made me go for sure. And it appeared in the heart level - inside the heart. Not very relaxing level to get a crucial extra without backup. I have the first golden too. Let me know if you found a 1p-solution since my girlfriend ist quite - say casual.

Last edited by kookyscientist; 09-19-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #16
Levex817

Levex817's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookyscientist View Post
Oh no. You poor thing. Memcard would have saved you. I'm glad I had the idea with the memcard - it was naked fear that made me go for sure. And it appeared in the heart level - inside the heart. Not very relaxing level to get a crucial extra without backup. I have the first golden too. Let me know if you found a 1p-solution since my girlfriend ist quite - say casual.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "casual" but my wife is by no means a gamer, and as long as you set it up so that bot Bub and Bob have some sort of "candy upgrade" shall we call it, before going into level 48 of classic mode, then it really shouldnt be hard for anyone to do, even for the most casual of girlfriends,lol.

If you remember level 48 well, there are only 6 enemies all of which start right in front of Bub and Bob so really just have you and your girlfriend tap the hell out the shoot button and run straight into one another. I think the hardest part is making sure that you actually grab the gold crown2 when it appears on level 49

As for a 1player method please share any ideas that you guys have, and we can all test our theories, then I can add that to the guide as Im sure there will be a lot of people looking to do this by themselves.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #17
kookyscientist

OK great. Maybe I try motivating her by giving her a candy uprade as well. Some analogue Ben & Jerry's hehe.

I missed the fire bubble for the 2nd time uaaaahh.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:30 AM   #18
Todaysforgotten

*edit. This is possible on level 1, as I just did it. Ill post a video if unclear or just for the fuck of it. You want to jump up to the top as fast as possible. Get pretty close to the first guy, tap a tap a, hit left slightly and then hit right while firing.

Funny how things work considering the below.

I did this "by myself" I used a turbo controller with my feet and played with normal with the xbox controller. The only problem? I never got the crown in time...*sigh* and i forgot to save it. I'm sure the guide ---> dashboard trick would work. Totally forgot. What else is new...?

Also, as im getting tired of BB. Items 68 and 69: Let me guess - levels 68 and 69?

Any person with decent hand-eye could pull this off with two regular controllers. I haven't tried just plowing through this level single player. Don't think i want to try after all my issues.

*another edit - I just realized that the BIG DIAMOND did not register for me. Unfuckingbelievable. Wow. Thank god i dont go for 1000s in retails.

Last edited by Todaysforgotten; 09-19-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:50 AM   #19
kookyscientist

I just got the golden crown 2 in Level 48 - it's easy - I did it with my girlfriend and it worked even without power ups. Problem is getting the crown in the next level (you will know when you see ;-) - it appeared on the right bottom so you can jump into it from below - that was cool. And the good news is: my girlfriend (player 2) got it and it counts for my tag....confirming that second controller can get everything for you.

Thought about level 1 too. Now I know it works.

Yeah I have the 777lipstick.

Only 5 items left for 200. 2 skull-items, 2nd crown, flamingo and green mug. (This is to answer you question Levex - I only have the joystick connected and it takes to long to answer via box - anyway it's 5 pm here - I have to sleep I guess).

@today: I hope we will see you and your feet too in the video!

Last edited by kookyscientist; 09-19-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:12 AM   #20
Todaysforgotten

Ha. I will be using a capture card. Can't capture that! I just noticed that i have 11/12 achievements. Even though i don't have the big red diamond it registered. Thank God. I was about to lose it. Now i just have to mull "hurry up" screens for the last 2 foods i need. I guess i don't need to worry about item 68 and 69...

I'd make a video for 72, but i don't think i can bare to play any more levels. Everyone is saying how the wii is different blah blah. No, they are the same game.

Last edited by Todaysforgotten; 09-19-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:30 AM   #21
Penny1124

Penny1124's Gamercard
Anyone knows how to get item no. 68 & 69? This is the last two items I need.

edit: nevermind, I don't think anyone has it yet, I looked over the leaderbroad and seems no one has it, everyone is just 98%.

Last edited by Penny1124; 09-19-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Penny1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:32 AM   #22
Levex817

Levex817's Gamercard

Just so you guys know your items list does not count towards any achievements, only the foods list is what you have to worry about. So those 68th and 69th items on your list do not matter 'Todaysforgotten'.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #23
Todaysforgotten

Ya, and that stupid big red diamond...This is some major BS. This will be my third attempt at getting. First = botch. Second = success but no icon in the list. UGH.

Thank god. Seems like once you get it, you only have to do the purple lantern once.

Last edited by Todaysforgotten; 09-19-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #24
MikaDaiki

MikaDaiki's Gamercard
If you didn't get it in your list perhaps you didn't save? I did this last night with the door for getting to level 52 on Arrange Mode, all that effort and I just quit after.. didn't save ;_;
Old 09-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #25
Todaysforgotten

I'm not sure what the criteria was, but it was only on the 2 giant diamonds.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
SuperHappy

RealSuperHappy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny1124 View Post
Anyone knows how to get item no. 68 & 69? This is the last two items I need.

edit: nevermind, I don't think anyone has it yet, I looked over the leaderbroad and seems no one has it, everyone is just 98%.
Given the position of those two items in the list, the generic "None" descriptions that accompany them, and the general kludginess of the game, I'm almost completely certain they were two additional secret doors planned to be in Arrange mode, which were dummied out of the game. Thus, there's no way to complete the list, oh well!
SuperHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #27
kookyscientist

There will be DLC (2 additional level-maps) - it may use the slots.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #28
Levex817

Levex817's Gamercard

Quote:
There will be DLC (2 additional level-maps) - it may use the slots.
WHAT! WHERE, WHEN, HOW MUCH
Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #29
RenRenRen

The Great Chai's Gamercard
The Wii had 2 pieces of DLC, 50 levels each. I assume we're getting the same.

RenRenRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #30
heinstach

Bomb Jack DK's Gamercard
Quote:

2) You can NOT reset the umbrella-counter by taking the fork (after 4 umbrellas) or the octopus(after 6 umbrellas). AND you can not reset it with taking it not. It will count from 1 to 6 anyway. That is a scientific fact now. So in order to get 3 purple lanterns you have to get 14 umbrellas. The counter is 0 after you took the octo or at least it appeared. Level 12 is the best option to kill those water bubbles (more than 15 - maybe only the green ones count). Quit and start over and in most cases the umbrella will appear as first item in level 1. After traveling with the counter-2-umbrella in the next level the lantern will appear if not it will in the next. After the 3rd purple lantern the red chest appears. Go and get it - if you miss it fly another 14 ;-). You may save your state before the last umbrella on a memory card.

Thanks, that helped a lot. Finally got the last item, Big Red Diamond and 200/200.
heinstach is offline   Reply With Quote