PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Darkest of Days
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
jburm

jburm's Gamercard
Last level, when to switch to hard difficulty

I have yet to play this game and after reading up on it i still dont know when i should change the difficulty on the last level. If anyone could give a somewhat detailed description like "ok so this is taking place then you do this and then so and so will come out and say....." and thats when you change the difficulty..... Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
planBscratchit

planBscratchit's Gamercard
according to other people, i am pretty sure you can basically play to the end on easy, then reload your last checkpoint and switch the difficulty to hard and pick up both achievements. you will be in pompeii for the final mission. the achievements pop right when you make it back to the lab after rescuing the father of time. so play on easy til you make it back to the lab with father of time, pause, reload last checkpoint, switch difficulty to "with chest hair," then do it again and you should get both achievements for playing on normal and hard.

i personally played through on normal, then switched to hard as soon as i entered pompeii and played through the end on hard. it's really not that challenging of a game so you can do it how i did, or try the other way, either way you will end up bagging a very easy 1000k.
planBscratchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
jburm

jburm's Gamercard
thanks for the info!
Old 10-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #4
Rollindeep3

Send a message via AIM to Rollindeep3
I didn't know you could do the ol switcharoo on this game til a buddy told me. According to him, he said all u have to do is 10 seconds on the hardest difficulty. U basically run to the water bubble thing towards the end of the level. Where that is.....no idea. I couldn't get past the first civil war level where u have to kill everyone by the mansion. Thank god you can play this game on easy cause I would be screwed. Everyone keeps talkin about how easy this game is to 1K....I don't think so. I will have to try this game again today and report back after I pass that mission. Its soooooo horrible that I will barely be able to beat it...yes....thats how bad this ame is.
Rollindeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
maddog walker

maddog walker's Gamercard
thanks for a great tip,it worked,i got both achievements
Old 10-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
Dejected Santa

Dejected Santa's Gamercard
You can switch it at the last moment for it to work. I played the entire game on easy and switched right at the end.

*Minor spoilers*

The part is where you get back to the arena the 2nd time and climb the stairs to meet the Dr. again. He will go into the bubble you have a quick conversation with Dexter and I think his name was Bob and then you go through.

*End spoilers*

Change it there and you can get the achievements
Dejected Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
Trdis Trvler

Trdis Trvler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejected Santa View Post
You can switch it at the last moment for it to work. I played the entire game on easy and switched right at the end.

*Minor spoilers*

The part is where you get back to the arena the 2nd time and climb the stairs to meet the Dr. again. He will go into the bubble you have a quick conversation with Dexter and I think his name was Bob and then you go through.

*End spoilers*

Change it there and you can get the achievements
I can say this works, just did it. Started and played through the entire game on easy. After I "beat" the stadium, I ran up the stairs, and when I saw the Doctor, I paused the game and switched it to "Chest Hair" difficulty, unpaused the game and walked up to the doctor. Got both the achievements. Very cool. BTW, after the next cut scene starts and you regain control of your character as they are talking, walk to the back of the room to the wooden door. Press and hold Y and then walk onto the teleporter and wait. Once the scene ends, you'll be put into the "Secret level. Enjoy your 1K points.
Trdis Trvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #8
dorkzilla123

Send a message via AIM to dorkzilla123 Send a message via Yahoo to dorkzilla123

dorkzilla123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollindeep3 View Post
I didn't know you could do the ol switcharoo on this game til a buddy told me. According to him, he said all u have to do is 10 seconds on the hardest difficulty. U basically run to the water bubble thing towards the end of the level. Where that is.....no idea. I couldn't get past the first civil war level where u have to kill everyone by the mansion. Thank god you can play this game on easy cause I would be screwed. Everyone keeps talkin about how easy this game is to 1K....I don't think so. I will have to try this game again today and report back after I pass that mission. Its soooooo horrible that I will barely be able to beat it...yes....thats how bad this ame is.
It can't be any harder than Shellshock 2 in terms of difficulty. Yes, I used another shitty war shooter as a reference. I intend to play it cause if you look at my gamercard, i have way crappier games on there.. lol

Total Complete: 64 (44 retail, 16 arcade & 4 WP7)
dorkzilla123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #9
toxictaz
Banned User

TOXIC TAZ's Gamercard
its after u palnt c4 on turret. then it tells you to meet up with dr. whatever. change it here. then walk up stairs to the doctor.
toxictaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #10
CHAINS4W

Send a message via AIM to CHAINS4W

CHAINS4W's Gamercard
Thanks for the info guys....i wuz on like the 5th level and my game got reset, so this will be easier

CHAINS4W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
s3xyemo

Que Lo Que xD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
whein i did it a couple of months back i did it at the last possible sec
Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 AM   #12
Skedar2023

Skedar84's Gamercard
So then...

if you play through the game on easy and change the difficulty at the end, then how would you know if this was a bad game if you did not play it on the hardest setting. I did'nt like the graphics, but the game is too easy if you dont play it on the hardest setting. I say play it on the hardest setting and you might actually like this game.
Skedar2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #13
TheToiletBrush

TheToiletBrush's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skedar2023 View Post
if you play through the game on easy and change the difficulty at the end, then how would you know if this was a bad game if you did not play it on the hardest setting. I did'nt like the graphics, but the game is too easy if you dont play it on the hardest setting. I say play it on the hardest setting and you might actually like this game.

.....Whoh! Get this guy on some meds.

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness
TheToiletBrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #14
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToiletBrush View Post
.....Whoh! Get this guy on some meds.
Agreed. This kid needs some kind of medication.