PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
drx86

drx86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
UPDATED Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Note: This is my first post and Guide.

Roadmap Shellshock 2: Blood Trails

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
-Offline: 40 (1000 )
-Online: 0 (0 )
-Approximate amount of time to 1000 : 8-10 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2
-Number of missable achievements: 1, see down below
-Glitched achievements: None!
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats!
This game is very easy and if you follow the road map and guide you should have no difficulty achieving all of the achievements

Welcome to the Shellshock 2: Blood Trails Roadmap! Iím happy to report that there are no glitched achievements in this game and that the full 1000 can be easily achieved under 10 hours. The minimal number of playthroughs unfortunately is 2 due the achievement Canít Quit You (Complete the game twice). There are 3 difficulties to play this game and each one unlocks an achievement. Luckily for us the achievements are stackable so I suggest you start playing the game on Hard difficulty.

Once you completed the game on Hard you should have all the achievements but two worth a total of 950 . Playing the game a second time on Easy will net you the last two achievements within 2 hours of gameplay:

Natural Resistance (Complete the game without being killed by an Infected 35 )
Canít Quit You (Complete the game Twice, 15 )

Now some general tips for completing the game on Hard:

It is nog going to be a breeze but most certainly not as frustrating as for example CoD Veteran. More like CoD Hard on some points in the game.

First of all go to settings and adjust the brightness to a level where you can actually see something. I did this halfway through the game after being sick of being killed by Infected/VC who came out of the blue (dark). This made the game a LOT easier as you now can see the enemy coming and can find your way a lot faster without the Infected/VC bothering you.

Only try to shoot headshots only as these kill the enemy in 1 or 2 shots where the upper torso of an Infected takes 6 shots. Shooting this way will conserve you a lot of ammo witch youíll definitely need and net you the Caca Dau achievement (score 15 decapitating head shots) within 3 missions.

Make good use of your grenades as you can find them quite often in big numbers. If youíre having trouble in a certain spot where youíre overrun with Infected or VC try to find yourself a bottleneck where you can take out big numbers with grenades. Using the bottleneck method also helps a lot while shooting because youíll only have to focus on one area. You will be most surely shooting head shots only this way. Find yourself a spot where you can place your back towards a corner or focus your fire on a doorway for instance. This way you can not be attacked in the back

Does the killing of a lot enemy not work and do you have the feeling they are spawning indefinitely? They probably are! Sometimes the best way to clear a certain section in the game is to just take a dash towards your objective. Great example is the section on mission 5 where youíll have to go in the temple after being gassed by the enemy. The enemy will spawn indefinitely here so screw them and just take a wild dash towards the temple. As soon as you hit the top of the stairs youíll hit a cut scene.

In mission 9 after you have reached the tempel (drop the shotgun and pick up the M16) you will climb up some stairs and enter a room with a Gasmask-and-two-blades Infected enemie. Unload your ammo on his head and use the ammo on the ground that way so you'll get the most out of it. That means not picking up any boxes if your current ammo is, let say, 30/67 but wait for the last 30 bullets and then get a box. This area is small, his attack range is big so make good use of the small corridor where you'll face one normal Infected. Unload a clip in his head, run past him into the corridor, kill the Infected and reload. As he comes down the corridor unload another clip and run past him back into the room. This will give you the so much needed time to reload and recover.

My last tip is for the last section of level 10. Find yourself a M60 and keep this gun! You might run out of ammo through the level but you will find ammo where you need it the most. That is the last section of this level! Conserve your ammo and only try to shoot headshots otherwise you will be overrun (Bookoo Hostiles here!). Using the bottleneck method works great on this section.

Goodluck!

Last edited by drx86; 04-22-2009 at 11:01 AM.
drx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
drx86

drx86's Gamercard

Blue Leg 50
Complete the game on Easy.

See "Shell shocked"

Charlie Don’t Surf 150
Complete the game on Normal.

See "Shell Shocked"

Shell Shocked 200
Complete the game on Hard

These achievements are stackable but you will have to play the game twice to net the full 1000 so i suggest going for Hard difficulty first. This way you can finish all but two Achievements. You will unlock the last two missing achievements (Can't Quite You & Natural Resistance) while playing the game a second time on Easy. For tips on finishing the game on Hard difficulty I refer you to the Roadmap.

Host 10
Complete Mission 1 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips. The missions are quite straight forward. Just go from A to B, complete the objectives and you'll complete the levels. I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it to make a walkthrough per level. If you're still having trouble with some missions please check out this thread, some level video walkthroughs have been placed there.

Quarantine 10
Complete Mission 2 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips.

Infection 10
Complete Mission 3 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips.

Refuge 10
Complete Mission 4 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips.

Trip 10
Complete Mission 5 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips. If you're having trouble with the beginning of this level please check out the 3rd post in this thread for tips!

Hunted 10
Complete Mission 6 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips

Captured 10
Complete Mission 7 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips.

Payback 10
Complete Mission 8 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips.

Evac 10
Complete Mission 9 on Normal

See Roadmap for tips.

Whiteknight 10
Complete Mission 10 on Normal

If you are having problems with this mission please check the Roadmap and this thread for tips!

FUBAR 20
Complete Mission 1 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips.

Deep Serious 20
Complete Mission 2 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips.

Dinky Dau 20
Complete Mission 3 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips.

A Laugh a Minute 20
Complete Mission 4 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips.

BOHICA 20
Complete Mission 5 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips. If you're having trouble with the beginning of this level please check out the 3rd post in this thread for tips!

Cut a Chogie 20
Complete Mission 6 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips.

Bush Master 20
Complete Mission 7 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips.

Snoop 'n’ Poop 20
Complete Mission 8 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips.

Zone and Sweep 20
Complete Mission 9 on Hard

See Roadmap for tips.

Bookoo Hostiles 20
Complete Mission 10 on Hard

If you are having problems with this mission please check the Roadmap and this thread for tips!

Last edited by drx86; 04-22-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
drx86

drx86's Gamercard

Bok-Bok 15
Beat down an enemy

See Lots of Bok-Bok.

Lots of Bok-Bok 15
Beat down 15 enemies

Beating down an enemy are the parts where you perform hand to hand combat with an enemy and have to push the right button sequences. Do not worry about this one because it will unlock at the end of your first playthrough or the beginning of your second.

Caca Dau 15
Score a decapitating head shot

See Caca Dau x 15.

Caca Dau x 15 15
Score 15 decapitating head shots

A decapitating headshot is a headshot where you actually see the head "explode". As headshots are the fastests way to take down an enemy this will most certainly unlock on mission 2 or 3.

Fire for Effect 15
Find and pick up every weapon

This achievement will probably unlock on level 7 where you'll pick up the silenced pistol. There are 11 weapons in total. (Not sure if the manchete, Ka Bar knife, grenades and flares count but you will either come across all of these or begin a level with it)

Manchete- You will pick this one up in the beginning of level 1, can't miss it.
VC Pistol - First weapon you come across.
US Pistol - You will begin a couple of levels with this weapon.
Revolver - First found in level 3 in the tunnel when you drop down, can be found in more levels.
AK-47 - Found on the first level.
M-16 - Found on the first level.
RPG - Found on the second level where you'll have to defend the bridge on the right side.
VC Rifle - Can be obtained during the second level. Dropped by VC
Shotgun - First found on level "Refuge", in the Spec Ops mansion.
M60 - Found in level "Hunted", right where you start 10 metres in front of you.
Silenced Pistol - Found in level "Captured". In the second builing as soon as you enter.

Gun Slinger 15
Complete a level firing only a pistol

I suggest replaying the first level on easy and combine this achievement with the manchete achievement (Cutting a path) and not dying achievement (Take it like a Man). Note! You can not use grenades while going for this achievement, the grenade button sequence in the first mission however will not count as "grenade used".

Take it Like a Man 40
Complete a level without dying

If you are having trouble on this on medium i suggest replaying the first level on easy. If done so combine it with the Gun Slinger and Cutting a Path achievements. If you get killed while going for this achievement the "Quiting to dashboard quickly" method works just fine.

Natural Resistance 35
Complete the game without being killed by an Infected

Can be easily obtained during your second playthrough on Easy as it is really hard to die on this difficulty. If you still get killed, the "Quiting to dashboard quickly" method works just fine. Getting killed by a regular VC soldier does not have an influence on this achievement, only getting killed by an Infected does.

Hard Boiled 15
Kill 3 enemies with one pistol clip

Can be obtained during the first level. Just aim for the head and don't reload. Each clip contains 7 bullets so shoot headshots only.

Field of Fire 15
Kill 5 enemies with one AK47 clip

Can be obtained during the first level. Find yourself an AK-47, aim for the head, shoot in short bursts (2 bullets max) and don't reload. Each clip contains 30 bullets so it should not be that hard.

Army Issue 15
Kill 5 enemies with one M16 clip

Can be obtained during the first level. Find yourself a M-16 aim for the head, shoot in short bursts (2 bullets max) and don't reload. Each clip contains 30 bullets so it should not be that hard.

Cook-Off 15
Kill 15 enemies with one belt of a non-mounted Heavy Machine Gun

You will find the non-mounted M60 for the first time in the level "Hunted". I suggest waiting until you exit the swamp and get attacked by over 20 VC. Pick up some ammo, reload your M60 and fire in short burst to the upper torso or head.

Boom Baby! 15
Kill 3 enemies with one rocket or grenade

Can be obtained during the second level on the point where you'll have to defend the bridge. On the right side you will find a RPG. Wait for the enemy to bunch up on the middle of the bridge and fire away.

Cutting a path 15
Kill 15 enemies with the machete

I suggest replaying the first level on easy and combine this achievement with the pistol only achievement (Gun Slinger) and not dying achievement (Take it like a Man).

Free Fire Zone 15
Kill 150 enemies

Will come over the course of the game. Will most certainly unlock during the second or third mission.

Can’t Quit You 15
Complete the game twice

Simply complete the game twice. I suggest playing it on Hard first and finish the game on for the second time on Easy.

SNAFU 15
Dismember 50 enemies

Shooting of the heads, arms or legs will count towards this achievement. Don't pay attention to this because it will come over the course of the game.

Please rate this thread if it helped you netting the full 1000 for this game!

This guide is written by drx86 and can only be used on www.xbox360achievements.org.
If you have any tips, found spelling mistakes or have questions please send me a PM or leave a message on xboxlive. Gamertag is drx86.

Last edited by drx86; 04-24-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
drx86

drx86's Gamercard

I will use this post to let you guys know if and what i have changed about the Roadmap or Achievement Guide.

- Changed the approximate amount of time to 1000 from 6 to 7-8.
- Added some tips in the Roadmap for Level 9 and 10.
- Added the suggested possibility of playing the game twice another way.
- Again changed the needed time to get full 1000. It is now 8-10. (I'm really bad in judging these kind of things.)
- Changed to way to play the game twice to Hard on the first time and Easy on the second playthrough as many people prefer this.
- Added the Revolver to the Fire for Effect list.

Update:
Added some threads where usefull, mission 5 and 10 for example. Also made some minnor changes for some achievement but nothing really important. (spelling etc.)

Update:
Added a link to a video walkthrough thread and changed the layout so it's
properly-formatted.

Last edited by drx86; 04-22-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Mvrck945

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I would probably suggest doing the game on hard first as its not difficult then go through the game on easy for any missed achievements. That way the 2nd play through will be so fast that most people will be able to bear a second play through

Last edited by Mvrck945; 02-10-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Mvrck945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
drx86

drx86's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvrck945 View Post
I would probably suggest doing the game on hard first as its not difficult then go through the game on easy for any missed achievements. That way the 2nd play through will be so fast that most people will be able to bear a second play through
That is correct but i find it not "rewarding" enough that way. If you finish the game on Medium first and play it on Hard the second time you will be rewarded for every finished level. This kept me motived to keep going. But it can done that way too i agree.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
WonderCaliban

WonderCaliban's Gamercard
How long is a playthrough on medium? You list 6 hours for all 1000K, that seems a bit short to go through the game twice.

Also, how hard is hard? Is it COD:Veteran hard or just a bit challenging?

Thanks for all the advice though, I preordered this game, I've heard its not so great though
Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
drx86

drx86's Gamercard

Yeah i guess it takes a bit longer than the 6 hours. I wil change it to 7-8. I think 4 hours of non-stop gaming should net you the medium achievement. The second play through although on hard will go a lot faster as you know where to go and what to do.

Hard difficulty is absolutely not Hard like CoD Veteran. It can be challenging on some parts but only if you run out of ammo.

Last edited by drx86; 02-10-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
WonderCaliban

Would it be an idea to play on easy first, then run through on Hard?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #10
Mvrck945

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderCaliban View Post
How long is a playthrough on medium? You list 6 hours for all 1000K, that seems a bit short to go through the game twice.

Also, how hard is hard? Is it COD:Veteran hard or just a bit challenging?

Thanks for all the advice though, I preordered this game, I've heard its not so great though
It took me about 6 hours to do it on hard on my first and only playthrough so far.

It's not really challenging on the whole, I would say hard is like COD's normal. There are a few difficult parts that just turn out really frustrating, I won't spoil those for you though.

I would suggest cancelling your pre order and just rent it, it's a really poor game, good idea in principle but it looks and plays very bad.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
Mvrck945

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderCaliban View Post
Would it be an idea to play on easy first, then run through on Hard?
This is what i would suggest to do or hard then easy. Personally I wouldn't touch normal as your just making it harder for yourself.

If your doing it easy first remember to use only the pistol on the first level and then use the machete on the torture room level 6 (i think), this way it will save you having repeat the 1st level as the roadmap suggests.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #12
WonderCaliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvrck945 View Post

I would suggest canceling your pre order and just rent it, it's a really poor game, good idea in principle but it looks and plays very bad.
Unfortunatly it has already been dispatched. However I got it quite cheap and can always trade it in next week. Besides, my local Blockbuster is the only place to rent and they don't have such a great selection of games.

I think I will do easy first and go for the not get killed by an infected achievement.

To be honest as long as the games even vaguely playable I will most likely still enjoy it.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
xVx PUNISHER

xVx PUNISHER's Gamercard
Is the game out? coz some of yous seem to have played it.

anyway is this game worth getting (39.99$ on amazon ....) or is it too boring/easy.

i do not want the experience of my life just an enjoyable game.

one last thing, does it play like condemend 2 (coz they are both horror games in a way) or is it more like bioshock
xVx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
Michaeloioi
Banned User

Michael i7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drx86 View Post
I will use this post to let you guys know if and what i have changed about the Roadmap or Achievement Guide.

- Changed the approximate amount of time to 1000 from 6 to 7-8.
- Added some tips in the Roadmap for Level 9 and 10.
- Added the suggested possibility of playing the game twice another way.
Excellent job, but this game really takes around 8-10 hours to get 1000G.
It really is tough on hard mind isn't it. :/
Michaeloioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #15
PureTechniquex

Send a message via Skype™ to PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Ok game should be coming in 2 days
PureTechniquex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #16
omegamustard

Send a message via AIM to omegamustard Send a message via Yahoo to omegamustard

OmegaMustard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
The game is really easy, play it through on Hard first, then run through it the second time on easy and try to go for Natural resistance on the easy difficulty, that way the hooded bosses won't be as hard to kill. Man if Microsoft started checking mygamercard.net, they could see who have illegal copies of the game. The game doesn't get released officially until tomorrow and that is just in Europe. The game is region free. Kinda sucks cause it makes it unfair for achievement seekers because people can get 1000 in the game before the general public.

Last edited by omegamustard; 02-12-2009 at 08:09 AM.
omegamustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #17
The Dauntless

The Dauntless's Gamercard
Natural Resistance

Could someone explain what exactly is mean by "Complete the game without being killed by an Infected". Does this include the regular VC that shoot you with guns or only the zombie?
The Dauntless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #18
HE4VENSENT

WastingAeons's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dauntless View Post
Could someone explain what exactly is mean by "Complete the game without being killed by an Infected". Does this include the regular VC that shoot you with guns or only the zombie?
no, regular VC's aren't infected...

HE4VENSENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #19
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
Just finished the game on hard and the beat down one hasn't unlocked

Edit:- Never mind it unlocked 1st beat down on 2nd play-through

Toasters Toast Toast

Last edited by True Marvellous; 02-15-2009 at 08:46 PM.
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #20
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I would suggest trying to get the Natural Resistance achievement on Easy. I found it too hard not to get killed by them on Medium and Hard. As a result I now have to play through this awful game for a third time

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 AM   #21
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
Yeah the guid shold state play hard 1st tbh, then mop up on easy.

I ran through easy in little under 2 hours.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #22
GhostWorld

GHOST WORLD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Marvellous View Post
Just finished the game on hard and the beat down one hasn't unlocked

Edit:- Never mind it unlocked 1st beat down on 2nd play-through
Yep the same happened to me.

Thanks for the guide it help alot.

Co-Host of the Digital Cowboys Video Games podcast.
GhostWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:52 AM   #23
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
getting this game soon thank you for this...
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #24
TheToiletBrush

TheToiletBrush's Gamercard
Although I have read some less than good reviews for this game, it intrigues me. I might give it a shot.

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness
TheToiletBrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #25
Anothersociety

AnotherSociety's Gamercard
Good job dude : ) its pretty easy to get the 1000
Anothersociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #26
BlindxLink

Send a message via MSN to BlindxLink

BlindxLink's Gamercard
Hey I just found a revolver? I'm on Infection, about mid way through the level. A dead guy is holding it in the entrance of a bunker. Is the revolver critical to getting all the guns achievement?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #27
WonderCaliban

Yes you do need it, but it is available else where in the game though.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #28
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by drx86 View Post
Lots of Bok-Bok 15 Beat down 15 enemies
Beating down an enemy are the parts where you perform hand to hand combat with an enemy and have to push the right button sequences. This will unlock around level 8 or 9.
I just beat level 9 and this has not unlocked. Anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind, guess I should've read the other posts. May be a good idea to change the guide.
Great guide though, thank you for this.

EDIT2: Yup, as stated above, I finished the game, I used level select back to level 1, did the first button sequence and the achievement popped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A 2rue boofer View Post
getting this game soon thank you for this...
I hope you mean "renting this game soon". I really wish I didn't buy it. I've never rented a game though, every game on my played list I own or did own and traded in. Pretty stupid for a lot of games that I've played to have bought them.

Last edited by DemonI81; 02-27-2009 at 02:50 AM.
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:47 AM   #29
Scar Tissue77

im having problems beating the "boss" on mission 4 on hard.........any tips on beating him?
Scar Tissue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #30
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Tissue77 View Post
im having problems beating the "boss" on mission 4 on hard.........any tips on beating him?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=129021
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote