PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Psycho Chickan

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Chickan Send a message via MSN to Psycho Chickan Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho Chickan

Chickan117's Gamercard
Checklist before leaving the Leboa-Sako North Sector

Sorry if this is already somewhere else but I had a lot of trouble finding this info so I thought I'd make a post myself.

Before leaving the North sector there are a number of items you should collect. Refer to the guide on this site for a list of everything. Aside from the missions you should be able to check off the following items:

375 Diamonds Found
- from 112 diamond cases
- from 6 succesful assassination missions (if the target runs away you get less diamonds)
- from the seven primary missions

NOTE : Only you will only have 355 diamonds if you haven't accepted the final mission for the North at Goka Falls.

9 Jackal Tapes (labelled 00 thru 08)
- One automatically given to you by the journalist
- 8 found thruout land (see this map for locations)
To view these press Start and then select Jackal Tapes

6 Buddies Met
To view this Press Start and then select Statistics

If you've got these and have subverted all the main missions then you're on track to get all the achievements at the end of the South and Desert sections.

EDIT : It's important to note that the only thing you "have" to do before you leave the North section is subvert the 6 main quests and find all the buddies. The rest can be done afterwards. Easier to count and see if you're on track if you do all the North ones before leaving tho

Last edited by Psycho Chickan; 10-16-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Psycho Chickan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Adam777

Adam777X's Gamercard
Thanks a lot! This really helped me!
Adam777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Cheezbrgr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezbrgr

Cheezbrgr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Cheers - submit this to he official achievement guide and it would clarify a lot.
Cheezbrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
Onyok

^^

Hi! You mentioned about the buddies being met before proceeding with the final mission. I have searched almost every nook & cranny in Leboa-Sako but I have yet to find Flora. She's actually the last buddy I need to get to meet. Any lead as to where she might be?

ATM, I've met 5 already.

Thanks!

*talk about old games, this one's surely an epic! I left it on my table long ago cuz it bored me to dEath! Well, it's been collecting dust! LoL! I must finished this one so0n!

Last edited by Onyok; 12-03-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Onyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Psycho Chickan

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Chickan Send a message via MSN to Psycho Chickan Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho Chickan

Chickan117's Gamercard
1 & 2
You best buddy and second best buddy are aquired on your first mission. The location depends upon the liutenant and faction you joined at the start (determind by your performance in the very first mission).
NOTE : You only actually meet your best buddy. The second just appears at Mike's Bar.

3, 4 & 5
The next three buddies can be rescued from holding areas similar to the first one. Just go to each of the remaining areas marked on this map

The sixth and final buddy can be found at the location below near a crashed plane (don't climb up to the crashed plane, he's near the bottom).
NOTE : You cannot find this buddy if you've started the last mission in the North, his plane will be there but not him. Also, if none of your other buddies have died during side missions he won't appear in Mike's bar. If you want to see him there you have to kill off one of your other buddies, wait around 3 missions and he'll appear.

* Pictures from the Ubisoft website.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Onyok

Awesome! Sorry but I have lost track of this game. In the event I lost a buddy like KIA my game wouldn't be screwed up, right?

Thanks much again, mate! You rock!

Last edited by Onyok; 12-04-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Psycho Chickan

Chickan117's Gamercard
Nah you're fine. You don't get achievements for doing the buddy missions so, as long as you got them at some point, you're good.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:57 AM   #8
Onyok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chickan View Post
Nah you're fine. You don't get achievements for doing the buddy missions so, as long as you got them at some point, you're good.
Finally, I'm doing Bowa-Seko now!

Hats off to you, guys!

Enjoy your weekend & be safe!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #9
JerseySean666

JerseySean666's Gamercard
So if the assasination mission isn't successful and you get less diamonds can you not get the acheivement or does it not matter.
JerseySean666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #10
Mr Schultz

MR SCHULTZ's Gamercard
Coming back to this game to get 3 achievements I missed.
Thanks for this checklist. 355 diamonds, ready to goto the falls.

Mr Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 AM   #11
bendermac

bendermac's Gamercard
Talking

i have 377 diamonds after just accepting the final mission in the north
bendermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #12
ell635

ell635's Gamercard
Thanks a lot, I desperately needed to know how many diamond cases there were in the North sector. I'm on 97 diamond briefcases.

15 of those left. Mainly from the middle sector of the map. I havent paid a visit to the Lumber Yard, Cock-Fights, Slaughter House or the Fresh Fish yet.

Southern District will be a time killer. There's a few tricky ones in the river areas I remember. Especially one above a river that requires Paragliding from a Mountain to obtain.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
Skinstakovic

Skinstakovic's Gamercard
Can you define "successfull" with regards to assassination missions. They were on the move when i killed them and i bagged 10 diamonds for each of the 2 i have killed so far. Is that the full ammount?

Cheers

Skinstakovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #14
Psycho Chickan

Chickan117's Gamercard
You only fail an assasination if the target runs away. In this instance you get no diamonds. If you received diamond payment each time then you're on track.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #15
Fieldin86

Fieldin86's Gamercard
Maybe i'm being dumb, but on the map supplied with the game, counting all the diamond logos in the top left it adds up to only 111 diamond briefcases in the North, not 112?

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #16
Psycho Chickan

Chickan117's Gamercard
Try comparing it with this map from http://i34.tinypic.com/2mza8i1.jpg

In each of the 9 map areas there is a number in the top right telling you how many diamonds in that area. Compare the number on this map to your in game map to see where you're missing one.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #17
Fieldin86

Fieldin86's Gamercard
Quote:
Try comparing it with this map from http://i34.tinypic.com/2mza8i1.jpg
Yeah i've compared it to that map and the missing number is smack bang in the centre (PALA).
My paper map supplied with the game lists 12 diamonds whereas that map you supplied lists 13. But counting the diamond markers in red and blue on the map you supplied there are still only 12 in Pala?

Unless the other diamond is on the '1' where it says "Take hang glider (1) to diamond (2)".

Last edited by Fieldin86; 07-30-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Fieldin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #18
Psycho Chickan

Chickan117's Gamercard
It's been ages since I've played but I think the 13th case was part of the story sequence/mission so it doesn't show as a collectible.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #19
Fieldin86

Fieldin86's Gamercard
cheers for your help chickan, nearly got them all so i'll see what figure I have near ending the North section.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:29 AM   #20
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldin86 View Post
Yeah i've compared it to that map and the missing number is smack bang in the centre (PALA).
My paper map supplied with the game lists 12 diamonds whereas that map you supplied lists 13. But counting the diamond markers in red and blue on the map you supplied there are still only 12 in Pala?

Unless the other diamond is on the '1' where it says "Take hang glider (1) to diamond (2)".
The 13th diamond in Pala is the one you get right at the start of the game after you get rescued by a faction. It's location depends on who rescued you, but it still shows as a blue diamond on the in-game map. Just count the blue diamonds in each sector to see if you have them all.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #21
The Watcher

the watcher ii's Gamercard
Thanks for the map of all the diamond location i have been going around and around in circles looking for the last 15 that i need.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #22
Fieldin86

Fieldin86's Gamercard
Yeah thanks for your help psycho chickan and ozgoon56. It was ages since I started the game so couldn't remember receiving a diamond from a faction. Thanks to the map I found all the 112 diamonds in the north in no time.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #23
warg3ars

warg3ars's Gamercard
For the assasination missions just make sure you got a sniper or dart rifle and a machine gun look for a nice spot shoot the bastard and youre done gives a lot of diamonds an they cant run just make sure they dont spot you when moving to youre position
Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #24
Hefti

HEFTI82883's Gamercard
Quote:
Not true. The achievements for subverting the missions (Ruthless and Cold Blooded) require you to complete them doing the buddy mission (the blue square on your map not the red one) It doesnt matter if they get killed, but you still need to do them that way for the achievements.
Hefti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #25
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefti View Post
Not true. The achievements for subverting the missions (Ruthless and Cold Blooded) require you to complete them doing the buddy mission (the blue square on your map not the red one) It doesnt matter if they get killed, but you still need to do them that way for the achievements.
He was talking about the missions that you get from buddies at the bar, which have nothing to do with subversion so it is true. The post he was replying to was asking if a dead buddy was a problem, which it isn't as the subversion missions will be given by another buddy as long as you have one available.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #26
Killerspieler

Wavedoc's Gamercard
Strange, i did all Celltower missions (killed the target), all main-missions and found all diamond cases (112). But im only at 360 diamonds before leaving the northern territory. Whats wrong ???
Old 03-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #27
Pede B

Pede B's Gamercard
Hmm.. you CAN find the diamond cases still, after going south. Dont know if they fuck up achievements, cause i didnt find them all, but they were there.

I have a little question, i cleared all north mission, and my objective is to meet Greaves at Sefapane (south) so i shall travel south for the first time. Before i traveled south, i have just collected the last of the 9 jackal tapes.
But i just went to Mike's Bar, and the journalist isnt there? There was a shootout last i was here. Anyone know where he'd go?

Thank you

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...hp?groupid=799
Pede B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've read that once you leave the north and go south, you can't go back north again. I wonder how true that is because it was supposed to be that way in Rage. Once you left one town (can't remember the name), you couldn't go back but you can.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #29
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
After accepting the final mission in the north I now have 380 diamonds. How come everyone else has 375? Not sure if this guy who made the checklist didn't count the 2 cases towards the bottom of the North.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HiddenLongshot?feature=mhee

Last edited by SpongebobRoundpants; 09-13-2012 at 12:19 AM.
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote