PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
noft

TOTAN - Harem Multiball

I can't get the Harem Multiball on Tales of the Arabian Nights. Even when I shoot the left loop when the white Harem light is lit, it doesn't seem to give me a letter. Anyone else get this, or know what I'm doing wrong?
noft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
FawkCue

Sm00th Clam's Gamercard
Yeah noft I got the same thing. What I did, and this worked great with less shots needed was shoot the ball at the left side but try to get it not quite right so that it slightly hits but will still go up to the point behind the genie where you will score a harem sneak in. Three of those and you've got harem multiball.

Hope this helps.
FawkCue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Z58LJ2e91018GXn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FawkCue View Post
What I did, and this worked great with less shots needed was shoot the ball at the left side but try to get it not quite right so that it slightly hits but will still go up to the point behind the genie where you will score a harem sneak in. Three of those and you've got harem multiball.
I did it using this technique too.
Z58LJ2e91018GXn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
deleted24022010

Yeah this one and the Whirlwind 100K Target are kind of a bitch. Been working on them all morning with no luck.

EDIT: Just got the Whirlwind Basics done. That 100K target was tough since you had to either hit it 14 times or get Jets through the Super Cellar. I can't tell you how many times I'd have both sets of Jets flashing and then lose the ball.

Last edited by deleted24022010; 09-30-2009 at 12:44 AM.
deleted24022010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
billymagnum

ugh harem...everytime i get close i accidentally turn tiger on and blow it...
billymagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
deleted24022010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FawkCue View Post
Yeah noft I got the same thing. What I did, and this worked great with less shots needed was shoot the ball at the left side but try to get it not quite right so that it slightly hits but will still go up to the point behind the genie where you will score a harem sneak in. Three of those and you've got harem multiball.

Hope this helps.
So what exactly is your technique for getting it to drop in behind the Genie? I always seem to whip it through the loop (and most of the time it doesn't give me a HAREM letter). I always manage to accidentally get 2 Sneak-In's but can never sink the third.

I'm #16 on the Leaderboards for this table and still haven't unlocked the Basic goals.

Last edited by deleted24022010; 09-30-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:13 AM   #7
Z58LJ2e91018GXn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Blain View Post
So what exactly is your technique for getting it to drop in behind the Genie?
Shoot from the right flipper so that it goes slowly up the left ramp. Try to bank it off the side of the ramp too.
Z58LJ2e91018GXn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 AM   #8
deleted24022010

OK, finally got it. I wasn't able to do the Sneak-In method but after quite some time of shooting the left ramp I finally amassed enough letters to finally spell H-A-R-E-M. I always held the ball until the Tiger Loop stopped flashing and the Harem began, but it seems like it rarely ever counts it.

What a relief.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
billymagnum

got it! sneak in. screw the loop! lol once i realized u just had to do the sneak in 3 times I got it right away
Old 10-03-2009, 05:56 AM   #10
Prophollus

Damocles's Gamercard
I had trouble with this as well, until I became patient and waited for it to cycle through. Pass the time by hitting the bazaar hole until it resets.
Prophollus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #11
BalloonSausage

Dessesbo's Gamercard
I don't even see how you guys are getting the sneak in. Any way I hit the right loop it either gives me a tiger or a sneak lock. How are you able to hit is slow enough to get a sneak?
BalloonSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
BalloonSausage

Dessesbo's Gamercard
I managed to get 2 sneak in but you guys are trying to make this sound like it's easy to do. It's just as hard as trying to spell Harem. If someone has an easy way to do this they need to post a video.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
BalloonSausage

Dessesbo's Gamercard
Figures the next game I play after posting this I get the Harem. I nudged the machine everytime I made the loop and it would trigger a letter.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
billymagnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonSausage View Post
I managed to get 2 sneak in but you guys are trying to make this sound like it's easy to do. It's just as hard as trying to spell Harem. If someone has an easy way to do this they need to post a video.
NO WAY! sneak in is sooo much easier you just have to know how to shoot the ball. Loops, you have to wait for harem to be lit and it takes forever. Just practice stalling the ball on a flipper and taking shots. It will make you more accurate.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #15
pub198

Jeez, what a horrible goal. Took me 3 hrs of lucking into 3 harem sneaks in 1 game. The loop doesn't seem to work much of the time. The crazy thing is it only took 15 min. and 2 games to unlock all of the wizard goals. Reminds me of real pinball when you have to make do with some part of the machine that is broken.
pub198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #16
ShazamFTW

ShazamFTW's Gamercard
So the part I'm confused about is when the Harem actually lights, because like most of you, 90% of the time I shoot the ramp, I get bupkis.

And to clarify on the sneak ins, it's off the *right* flipper? Do you want to aim more for the left side of the orbit or the right to get it to slide into the harem?

It irks me I have the wizard goals for MM, but I can't do this... GRR! :-p
Old 11-03-2009, 04:28 AM   #17
rockytrh

rockytrh's Gamercard
Woohoo, finally got this one. I played many many games before I got this. I got fairly lucky and got 3 sneak ins. Got two on my first ball by shooting to the left side of the loop and knocking the table to the right right when I hit the loop. I was also able to get H-A-R-E doing this. It is too bad that this is glitched. TotAN is one of my favorite tables.
rockytrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #18
mr-apples

Definitely seems like there's a geometry flaw in the back of the table there. I've had hard shots in the left harem loop somehow end up in the swirl ramp and other completely implausible outcomes.

If you don't want to do sneak in's, the trick for HAREM letters appears to be velocity of your loop shots. If the shot is too hard, it doesn't register. I have a reliable technique for a very fast direct shot in the loops, and it never registers a letter. But I have gotten them with flukey low velocity ricoche shots.

I don't suppose the company has a forum or other platform for bug reporting? It would be most lovely if they could fix that sort of thing. Major multi-ball mode not reasonably attainable is uncool, especially on one of the premier tables on the disc.
mr-apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #19
Ryot Control

Send a message via AIM to Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Platinum   2,500 Posts   GSL 11 Winner   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I bet the table is so historically accurate that the actual board does the exact same thing.

This is the last of the basic goals for this table and it brings me to tears. There is no easy way to make this shot.

I might as well ask... what's the Wizard goal list for this table?

Last edited by Ryot Control; 03-08-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Ryot Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #20
Ryot Control

Send a message via AIM to Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Platinum   2,500 Posts   GSL 11 Winner   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Just to update, I got it and the way I did it is I also used the opposite side of the ramp to hit the plungers to disrupt the path of the ball and it does stop itself behind the genie from that direction as well. It's much easier to get the sneak in version multiball than spelling HAREM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #21
BigEasy

B1g Ez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah this goal is so lame i can't get it...

100% CoD: Classic, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8

100% Halo 3, 3:ODST, Halo Wars, Reach
BigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:12 AM   #22
Jonesin

SMOK1NGJONES's Gamercard
Harem multi-ball......5 hours
All Wizard goals.....20 minutes
Jonesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #23
BigEasy

B1g Ez's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesin View Post
Harem multi-ball......5 hours
All Wizard goals.....20 minutes
Yup! yesterday i did all wizard of course it didn't count... still trying to get that retarded harem MB

Old 04-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #24
x Zot x

x Zot x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonSausage View Post
I nudged the machine everytime I made the loop and it would trigger a letter.
Yeah, that's the way I finally got the letters to register too. Still couldn't do the sneak-ins that's supposedly easier though.

Then a couple of games later, like most of you, I finished the Wizard goals. Even managed to 'Rescue the Princess' on the 1st ball of the final game!

Definitively a flawed 'chevo or it should have been a Wizard goal instead. Glad it's out of the way and good luck to the rest of you trying to accomplish it.

x Zot x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #25
pmWolf

pmWolf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterspledge View Post
I bet the table is so historically accurate that the actual board does the exact same thing.
I actually OWN this pinball machine in real life. It does NOT do the exact same thing.

I wish I could take the glass off of the virtual machine and adjust that damn switch! Bunch o' crap...

My arcade:
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reso74ie/jump.htm
pmWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #26
zildjian

Guys, i've been reading posts after posts and reading every thread possible out there about this harem multiball, and ive been trying at this goal for hours and hours every night and nothing.. so i came across this thread were this kid just said "Just Shoot the Left Ramp, and Nothing Else". So i tried it, for about 4 hours tonight. By just doing that, I got (2 Sneak Ins) on 3 different games, then completely drained on all three games.. yeah i broke a lot of shit in my room. turned my xbox off, couldn't sleep.. so i turned pinball back on.. played this bitch ass game, and just aimed for the left lane, nothing else.. i didn't care about multiball, because i actually got sneak ins with multiball, but it doesn't regesiter. the ball just comes out of the bazzar thing.

So anyway, I started the Sinbad and the Rocs tale on my first ball by accident, and trust me when i say the letters never work after the H in harem, they NEVER do. but when i started this tale, i just keep aiming for the left lane, and i got the H.. then the A, which was really weird to get two letters right in a row.. then i managed to get the letter R and a sneak in by accident by shooting the far right lane, with my left filpper which gave me the R and then the pinball bounced around for a bit, thennbackfired off the purple jet bumpers and locked the sneak in.

After that i locked 2 balls and started multiball, i had to do this because the lock light wouldn't stop flashing, and i was going for the left lane anyway for possible sneak ins. then after my multiball ended, i noticed that the Harem light wouldn't flash.. like i waited for the purple tiger lights to speed up flashing and then they would turn off, and the harem light just wouldn't turn on.. so i got a couple genie hits, and then the harem lights turned back on, which then i started to just aim for the left lane, and then i got the E and immediatly I didn't even get the M, it just started the multiball as soon as i went through the harem lane.

So i just wanted to share with you guys, that i know this machine is soo missed up, and i was just soo sick of playing this shit, but you guys can still get it. i don't understand how the letters only work on the Sinbad and Rocs Tale, but even with that there still was a gap were the the harem light would never flash.. then after i got a couple hits with other things on the board, it would flash again.. so just keep shooting that left lane, and ONLY the left lane once you get Sinbad and the Roc Tale started.

sorry this was long, but i just wanted to share with you guys, that ive been going through the same struggle as you, and finally beat it, using this method.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Last edited by zildjian; 06-02-2010 at 12:05 PM.
zildjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:52 AM   #27
goldenpp72

Goldenpp75's Gamercard
I can't do it.. hours later I just can't Do you have to do it all on one ball or in the game..

Last edited by goldenpp72; 07-18-2010 at 01:18 AM.
goldenpp72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 AM   #28
Prophollus

Damocles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenpp72 View Post
I can't do it.. hours later I just can't Do you have to do it all on one ball or in the game..
You have the entire game to do it.
Prophollus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #29
KaiohHokuto

kaioh hokuto's Gamercard
Just wanting to voice my frustration on this goal. I've had the game for 7 months and I've still yet to get Harem Multiball. Hell, I've done all of Sorcerer Wizard Goals but can't get this stinking basic goal! GAHH!

Edit: This thread must be good luck. About an hour after I posted this I was able to spell HAREM. I even got a sneak-in Harem multiball the next game I played. I've gotten all Wizard goals except the Camel Race one. I'm so happy right now!

Last edited by KaiohHokuto; 09-19-2010 at 06:47 PM.
KaiohHokuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #30
BigEasy

B1g Ez's Gamercard

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiohHokuto View Post
Just wanting to voice my frustration on this goal. I've had the game for 7 months and I've still yet to get Harem Multiball. Hell, I've done all of Sorcerer Wizard Goals but can't get this stinking basic goal! GAHH!

Edit: This thread must be good luck. About an hour after I posted this I was able to spell HAREM. I even got a sneak-in Harem multiball the next game I played. I've gotten all Wizard goals except the Camel Race one. I'm so happy right now!
Nice man!

But fuck sakes i STILL CANT GET THIS GAY GOAL! i've done all Wizard goals back in feb.. but they don't count because this one is GAY!