PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #31
JackBauer24

I've tried to start a brand new campaign with two separate people where we do all the missions and pick the audiologs up as we go. We've even marked them by crossing the ones out as we go. Now lies the problem. I remember 2 of them that aren't there during co-op that I specifically remember picking up when I played solo. It's in the area where you're first given the opportunity to pick them up. If using the map provided from the first post, #16 and 22. All the others are there when we do a co-op campaign starting with the very first level, but #16 and 22 aren't there. Does anyone know if this is a glitch? He stands next to them and can't see them either.

Also, I've got 28 out of the 30 with 29 being my missing audiolog. 30 is in Hive, so I'm only missing 1.

"When I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish that you felt this good again."

Last edited by JackBauer24; 08-03-2010 at 04:07 PM.
JackBauer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #32
JackBauer24

Well, I figured out what is happening. All the audio logs aren't available to click on them from the very first mission. The ones that people say that they are missing (as in my case) appear once you get to a certain level. I've got 7 left now and the two that weren't there before are now.

"When I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish that you felt this good again."
JackBauer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #33
CaptainSmilez

I SMiL3Z I's Gamercard
Thanks for the map, this was extremely helpful.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:22 AM   #34
Saosin05

saosin05's Gamercard
hey wherw abouts in the campaing are you able to search through all of the mobasa st level? About to go through on coop with a partner to get all 29 audio logs but dont want to start collectiing until we can get them all in one go
Saosin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #35
xEnGLiSH Dragon

xEnGLiSH Dragon's Gamercard
want to go for this achievements but can't be bothered lol can i just start the streets before data hive and get the audio logs? then do data hive and get the last log?
HELL NO i'm a gamer il restart from the last checkpoint....
xEnGLiSH Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #36
spinner912

Spinner912's Gamercard
Collecting the audio logs took me forever.
I couldn't find the last 1 =P
spinner912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #37
Comben

Comben's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEnGLiSH Dragon View Post
want to go for this achievements but can't be bothered lol can i just start the streets before data hive and get the audio logs? then do data hive and get the last log?
Yes.... and imo its the best way to do it!

Comben

Please click my name below to add me on other social media:
Twitter: @JackComben
XBL GT: Comben
Steam ID: JComben
YouTube: JackComben
Comben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 AM   #38
Talyn328

Talyn328's Gamercard
Can I just load Mombassa Streets and get all the audio files or do I also have to go get the objectives which show the cinematics and change characters? It seemed like I was unable to get to certain sections without picking up the objectives but wanted to ask here about it.
Talyn328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:21 AM   #39
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
can i delte my audio logs in solo?
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #40
Comben

Comben's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn328 View Post
Can I just load Mombassa Streets and get all the audio files or do I also have to go get the objectives which show the cinematics and change characters? It seemed like I was unable to get to certain sections without picking up the objectives but wanted to ask here about it.
If you've completed the game you can just load up Mombassa Streets and have free roam of the city (without having to do any objectives/ missions)
Hope this helps?

Comben

Please click my name below to add me on other social media:
Twitter: @JackComben
XBL GT: Comben
Steam ID: JComben
YouTube: JackComben
Comben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #41
snik

HK FS 182's Gamercard
BY FAR, one of the worst achievements I've had to deal with.

snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #42
esco242

esco1luv's Gamercard
am having the same problem you are cant find number 29 will have to keep searching it has to be somewhere
esco242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #43
esco242

esco1luv's Gamercard
thanx for the tip i thought i had to play the entire mission over just to get the audio logs this saves lots of time
Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #44
esco242

esco1luv's Gamercard
if anyone is missing any audio logs check out not swaagers audio log road map its by far the best one i have ever used
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #45
Morry

Thanks for the tip, I would have started co-op playthrough tomorrow, but now that I know it deletes what I've found - I'll have to get them before that.
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #46
Morry

Despite hours of ponderous running pack and forth I got fed up as I was still missing five audio logs. I already finished the game on solo legendary so placed difficulty to easy for convenience. However, as mentioned I have had checked all the locations numerous times, I decided to make one of the missions. After finishing it (I cant even remember which one), remaining audio log locations unlocked and I was able to get them. This might help for those jammed in similar situation.
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #47
Cipher116

Send a message via AIM to Cipher116

Cipher116's Gamercard
Arrow Audio Logs

i would suggest to do all the flashbacks up until you are up to Kikowani Stn.
and then just run through the city collecting all the Audio Logs. The 29th one for me was randomly thrown on the map and did not follow any order. idk why.
Cipher116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #48
Hardi

xXXHardixXX's Gamercard
thx for the hint!

Hardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #49
mig0

MIG0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOS Puck View Post
Hopefully this will prevent people from constantly making the audio log topics.

Solo: You can get logs at any time. If you have beat the game, just load up Mombassa Streets and find the rest of your logs until you have 29/30. At this point, save & quit. Back in the lobby, load up Data Hive and get your final log. You will notice that when you try to load Data Hive, it will tell you that it is deleting your progress except for your VISR Comm Logs (audio logs), so don't worry about your logs.
Is this also true with the engineers?

I restarted my game for 2 reasons... 1 to find these (I lost track of how many I received already and also how many engineers I killed) and 1 to finish the game in heroic. (will do legendary another time). I just wished there was a walkthrough that showed where these were as you progressed through the game.
mig0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #50
Fuzzy Bear 432

Send a message via MSN to Fuzzy Bear 432

Fuzzy Bear 432's Gamercard
I've noticed that if there is one nearby there is normally the sounds of sirens, an alarm or a phone a ringing. If you hear any of them you know ones around.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #51
culinarydrummer

frogdog1974's Gamercard
thank you for the info on the logs, that's been bothering me for the longest time on how to find them all, just didn't want to spend hours on end running from one end of town to the other searching for them all in hopes of "maybe" I'll get lucky and find one..
culinarydrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #52
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Can I find like 15 and then saveand quit. Then turn it on a while later and find the other 14 then save then daa hive?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #53
xGoreGrinderx

xGoreGrinderx's Gamercard
Lightbulb Some collected wisdom

Just went through a nightmare of a time unlocking this achievement. I had even read this thread and still bungled some things, so I'm gonna recap and try and save you from experiencing my pain

To sum up so far:
  1. The best strategy for getting this achievement is to first finish the game on solo, and then start a new solo game. THE GAME PROCESSES SAVE FILES DIFFERENTLY FROM SOLO TO CO-OP. Not only does your progress not carry over from one to the other, but Audio Logs that get saved in solo do not necessarily get saved in co-op.
  2. Beating the game will unlock all areas of the Mombasa Streets map in future playthroughs of that mode, enabling you to get Logs 1-29 right from the start of a new game. (Mongooses from the weapons caches speed things along greatly. Also, once you complete all the sub-missions, the game confines you to a small part of the Mombasa Streets near Kikowani Station. So make sure you collect all logs before finishing all the sub-missions.)
  3. Once you have Logs 1-29, if you're in solo mode, you can press start and choose "Save and Quit". This is NOT a choice for you in co-op, although as far as I can tell the game saves your progress every time you find a log in either mode.
  4. The big advantage to doing it solo instead of co-op is this: If you get logs 1-29 on your 2nd solo playthrough, you can AVOID RE-PLAYING ALL THE SUB-MISSIONS. If you get Logs 1-29 on your 2nd co-op playthrough, you will still have to play EVERY SINGLE SUB-MISSION before you are able to enter the Data Hive for log #30.
  5. This occurs because in solo, after you "Save and Quit" from Mombasa Streets, you can choose "Replay Data Hive" at the main menu and the game will not erase your acquired logs. IN CO-OP, ANY TIME YOU CHANGE ANY SETTING, whether it's skulls, difficulty, replaying a mission, etc., etc., the game starts you with a brand new co-op game, erasing all your audio log progress. Argh! Frustrating! Why do they do it one way for the one, and a separate way for the other? It probably has to do with preventing people from boosting their way to the achievement.

Anyway, I spent hours last night picking up Logs 1-29 on a new co-op game with a 2nd controller sitting next to me, moving it from time to time so it didn't auto-shutoff ... And then I found that the game would erase all my progress if I tried to replay Data Hive. And I was NOT up for doing every single sub-mission over again. Luckily I had a solo playthrough about 75% complete, so I just solo'ed my way to the achievement. But still, it was frustrating to waste so much time.
xGoreGrinderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #54
Skyrim25799

Skyrim25799's Gamercard
The best guide for me was the audio log guide by Rooster Teeth on Youtube.
Skyrim25799 is offline   Reply With Quote